facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 27, 2016, 06:23 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Streak realized that our bowlers, excluding Mash, needed to spoon fed and hand held. That's why he became more proactive and actively ran the boundaries in between overs with a towel and water bottle.

Walsh's generic @ss, "need tall bowlas", "bol stump to stump maan," stuff won't work. Can't believe I'm gonna say this, I'd rather have that big mouth, all talk, murrobi than Walsh.

Old December 27, 2016, 06:46 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Agree with all of you. Lets get ambrose
Old December 27, 2016, 09:08 AM
Cricket Savant

I will be back in two days in this thread after Fizz takes 6fer in next match. lol

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 27, 2016, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

We used to go to bowl with 4 pacers. Now, we got with three and can't even take 11 wickets. That's how pathetic we have become!
Old December 27, 2016, 10:29 AM
Cricket Guru

^ Don't think we ever took 11 wickets in an innings, heck I don't think any team has managed that in history
Old December 27, 2016, 12:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I wasn't to keen on Walsh's appointment. But I guess it's too early to judge him as he is fairly new.

But the way Taskin has bowled in the last Odi, I am bit surprised and concerned.
Old December 27, 2016, 01:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Walsh changed Fizz's action! That's what he's doing.

No, you are wrong.
It's the trainer Mario who changed Fizz's action.

I'll wait till NZ series is over then comment on Walsh
Old December 27, 2016, 01:51 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
No, you are wrong.
It's the trainer Mario who changed Fizz's action.

I'll wait till NZ series is over then comment on Walsh

Previously, when he used to release the ball, the batsman couldn't see the grip much. with the new action, the batsman can clearly see how he is gripping the ball.

I'm not a top class coach but this is absolutely unnecessary change IMHO.
Old December 27, 2016, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Great, so now a physio is changing the bowler's action? Why? What's his role in this?

That new action has a high arch, more conventional, as opposed to his natural bowling action that was quick and would come at an angle. Never mess with natural action. So many bowlers have been ruined by change of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I will be back in two days in this thread after Fizz takes 6fer in next match. lol
And why would the credit go to Walsh for that?

Last edited by Dilscoop; December 27, 2016 at 05:34 PM..
Old December 27, 2016, 05:32 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
The following is from today's prothom-alo ... Tareq Mahmud the sports reporter covering NZ series from the venues ...

Do not take it seriously, PA normally starts spreading rumors in most cases ...

[পেস বোলিং কোচ কোর্টনি ওয়ালশ মাশরাফি-তাসকিনদের দায়িত্ব নিয়েই তুলে ধরেছিলেন সমস্যাটা। চোখের সামনে ছাত্রদের এভাবে মার খেতে দেখে নিশ্চয়ই ভালো লাগেনি তাঁর। হোটেলে ফেরার পর রাশভারী এই ক্যারিবিয়ানকে হয়তো সে কারণেই আরও গম্ভীর লাগল। জ্যামাইকার কিংস্টন থেকে যুক্তরাষ্ট্র, অস্ট্রেলিয়া, সংযুক্ত আরব আমিরাত ও নিউজিল্যান্ডের ছয়টি বিমানবন্দর ঘুরিয়ে ওয়ালশকে ক্রাইস্টচার্চে আনতে এবং আবার একই পথে ফেরত পাঠাতে নাকি খরচ পড়ছে প্রায় ২৯ লাখ টাকা! টাকাটা বিসিবির হলেও এর বিনিময়ে নিশ্চয়ই এমন বোলিং দেখতে আসেননি ওয়ালশ। এত টাকা নাসাকে দিলে পৃথিবীর কাছের কোনো গ্রহে ঘুরে আসা যেত কি না, তা নিয়ে ক্রাইস্টচার্চে এখন রীতিমতো গবেষণা চলছে। ]

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...াদেশ

Eng version:
Walsh looked more grumpier after 1st ODI overall poor bowling performance. He was in Jamaica before the NZ series and to fly him in Christchurch BCB spend $36K (return flight) ... Kingston - USA - Dubai - Australia - Christchurch ... Total 6 airports he was traveling through!
WTF?

A) Why isn't he with the team in the first place?
B) If he's away on his free time, it's his responsibility to come to work, and that would be in NZ, with his own money, not BCB. If he was with the team he wouldn't have had to pay! Your boss doesn't pay for you to go to vacations.

You had a coach who went above and beyond, and you couldn't treat him properly. Now you have to deal with this nonsense! LMAO! Good! Great! You deserve this! I hope his days are numbered. But they prob don't have the balls to fire anyone. We are just too nice and too dhila.
Old December 28, 2016, 03:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan, Gary Sobers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
WTF?
You had a coach who went above and beyond, and you couldn't treat him properly. Now you have to deal with this nonsense! LMAO! Good! Great! You deserve this! I hope his days are numbered. But they prob don't have the balls to fire anyone. We are just too nice and too dhila.
I feel similarly about the DNC (w.r.t Bernie). Labh nai. Bughtesi and Bughmu amra shobai. Nothing will change. Bolodra hashte hashte chalay jabe, karo chakri jabe na. Walsh will reign and transform our Taskins & Fizz's into Bd-versions of legendary WI fast bowlers that came after Walsh/Ambrose Fizz er action niye already koto progress korse in that direction.

Being a BD fan means banging your head repeatedly on the floor 5 wakt daily.
Old December 28, 2016, 08:46 PM
Test Cricketer

He needs to go. Plain and simple.

There's no point in spending a huge amount behind him when the only thing he has been doing since his introduction is finding unless tall bowlers and teaching them how to bowl short deliveries.

He needs to go........
Old December 28, 2016, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

IMO after Pakistani/Indian coaches, West Indians aren't very good national coaches in general as they tend to be snobs and arrogant and take it as a 9 to 5 job.

Walsh might be a great player but doesn't have credentials as a coach. Poor selection by BCB
Old December 28, 2016, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Walsh fans should be a bit happier today.

The problem is BCB needs to realize the difference between a mentor and a coach. A mentor like Walsh, Wasim Akram are good to bring to work with youngsters on short term basis-to provide inspiration, ideas etc.

But the coaching role requires a lot more-tactical aspects, fitness, technique, planning for opposition batsmen, sizing up wicket/conditions, motivating. Streak aced in all those.
Old December 28, 2016, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

good observation by jeesh

walsh needs to be sent home or sent to academy to coach age group pacers to run short term training sessions...
Old December 29, 2016, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I don't want to put too much blame on Walsh. I don't think our bowlers have detoriated.
Old January 8, 2017, 01:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan, Gary Sobers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I don't want to put too much blame on Walsh. I don't think our bowlers have detoriated.
They have. Esp. the Fizz. Bigly.
Old January 8, 2017, 01:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Walsh fans should be a bit happier today.

The problem is BCB needs to realize the difference between a mentor and a coach. A mentor like Walsh, Wasim Akram are good to bring to work with youngsters on short term basis-to provide inspiration, ideas etc.

But the coaching role requires a lot more-tactical aspects, fitness, technique, planning for opposition batsmen, sizing up wicket/conditions, motivating. Streak aced in all those.
This i very much agree with. Walsh does not have proper coaching credentials he was hired on his legend status. He could potentially be a great mentor. He was an ok selector for West Indies, his cricketing career is as follows: a legendary fast bowler turned selector turned bowling coach. I think he will very likely be sacked after Champions Trophy.
Old January 9, 2017, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

BCB's shortlist wasnt very good to start with. Prasad, Ambrose, Ramanayake, Vaas, Aaqib Javed.

Javed probably the most competent in that list, experience in coaching a country, academy etc.

I wish BCB also gave some thought to Ali De Winter. Has experience with our buys, worked as a bowling coach with the Aussie NT.
Old January 10, 2017, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

How long do we wait to take a decision on this guy? Streak's impact was almost instant. I remember even Ian Pont had an instant success with Bangladesh to win the first ever series against NZ.

Walsh's contribution till now:

1. Selecting Rabbi for tests. We went with 1 pacer.
2. Selecting Shafiul for ODIs against England (dropping Rubel).
3. Selecting Suvashish Roy against NZ ODIs (dropping Rubel) not even in the England series btw.
4. Co-selecting Tanbir Haider (bowling coach surely has a role), instead of Miraz.

You can say these are not blunders. But You already got 3/4 established pacers, so the chance to make a mistake is very low, yet you make such big ones. I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt his credentials for judging talent.

Ok, forget judging talents. How many yorkers have you seen? When the commentators were going on how the rising bouncer and yorkers were vital in the match. How many slower balls did you see? How many offside yorkers did you see? I counted 1 freaking yorker in the last t20. That is how pathetic fast bowling was, thank god for Rubel who was dropped thanks to this idiot and some other idiot (Haturu) who came and got some some wickets, otherwise they would set record scores.