facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 21, 2019, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Also a slap in the face to all who think Bangladesh has "better infrastructure" than Afghanistan just because we have been playing Tests for 20 years.

Afghanistan's training facilities in Dubai, Delhi/Noida, and Dehradun are world class. Bangladesh's are only average in Mirpur, and non-existent elsewhere (Khulna, Chittagong, Sylhet).

Afghanistan have been training in world class facilities since 2010 or so. Bangladesh without AC
Mirpur is the world's most overrated stadium. So I 100% co-sign this post.

Old October 21, 2019, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
HAHAHA...how is the govt. running things working out?

Government will always mess things up.

#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
GOV's mess things up due to political agendas. Privatization lends one to corruption where the wealthy class will exploit the working class. Just look at healthcare in the US. You have brainwashed imbiciles who don't want medicaid for all because "they don't want to pay for someone else's healthcare".

What do you think private health insurance is? You are paying for everyone's healthcare plus paying for United's CEO's lambo and Cigna's CFO's private jet.

Regardless of whether its a beaurocracy or a private company, management/leadership should be based on merit and efficiency. Not on politics or greed based motives.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 21, 2019, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Did Srilanka have better facility or perks when they won ICC events one after another or keep troubling elite test teams home and abroad alike? You can demand only when you have enough to show. Your trophy table is empty. Now, there is some strict regulations which became vulnerable for some of your self-existence. Start clamor. Typical BD workforce.
Old October 21, 2019, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Mirpur is the world's most overrated stadium. So I 100% co-sign this post.
Mirpur the stadium is over-rated. Its a 2006 renovation of a 1970s era stadium. But the facilities are acceptable, if not amazing.

Its the lack of facilities outside Dhaka that is the real problem. Most of our national team comes from Khulna, and yet Khulna has no facilities for the first class team, nor do they get to host international Tests/ODIs due to lack of hotels and such. Total farce and disgrace.

We only just started playing matches in Sylhet.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 21, 2019, 03:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Overall 11 demand is fair, but looking at those on-by-one, I have few questions before I can say I agree all of their demands.

this is from prothom aloo

Naeem Islam (1): Let the players decide who will be the president and the general secretary of Cricketers Welfare Association of Bangladesh (COAB).
Question: How this selection/election is happening now? Accorting to current president, the term expired and new election will happen. So what they are really opposing? Need to be more specific before I can make my decision.

Mahmudullah (2): The players should have the right to decide which team they would play for and how much they should be paid.
Question: Do they want full power that players will decide which team they go with no restriction on the players/team? They may create imbalance of team strengths, there will be few super team, the rest will struggle.How that can be good for the tournament or for fans? And about players decide how much they should be paid?Where in the world, employee decides how much they should be paid?

Mushfiqur Rahim (3): The players are willing to play the 'special' BPL, but from the next year the franchise-based system should resume. The gap between the prices of local and foreign players need to be bridged. Let the players decide who will be put in which grade of the drafts.
My Comment: I thought Papon already addressed that, this will be special case BPL to address team's need for next WC. About the 2nd part (inequality of payment) its unfair but welcome to real world. How you reduce the gap? Reduce international player salary? Then BPL will fail to attract quality talent. Increase the locap player's salary? That will exponentially increase BPL payroll, when BPL teams already whining about losing money. Some gap reduction can be explored, but total gap reduction is unrealistic.

Shakib Al Hasan (4-5): The pay package for playing first class games needs to be better. They feel match fee should be raised by 50 per cent, which will mean the amount getting increased to Tk 100,000. Training and gym facilities should also be improved. Coaches, physios and trainers should be emplyed for the whole year so that first class cricketers can follow their advices.
My Comment: Valid demand. But for some part they need to address in phases. BCB can agree in principle but cannot address in short time.

Enamul Junior (6): The number of national players on a contract has to be increased to 30. The salaries have not been raised in the last three years, so that has to be increased, too.
My comment: I thought BCB is doing it over time as more and more qualified players are producing. Its a good point to raise, but it should be done in phase as more player is comming, not rewarding less qualified players to fill the slots.

Tamim Iqbal (7): Local coaches should get due importance. The pay disparity between local and foreign coaches needs to be eliminated. The umpires, physios, trainers and groundsmen all should get better salaries and facilities.
My Comment; very good point.But BCB cannot address it in short time, they need to agree and move on implementing over time. They need to have plan, though.

Anamul Haque Bijoy (8): The number of ODI and T20 matches needs to be increased. There should be another T20 tournament before the BPL.
My Comment: Good point. But when BCB is struggling with yearlt BPL, they need some time for arranging another tournament. At this point agreeing to this point and have a plan should be good enough to break the deadlock.

Nurul Hasan (9): There should be a schedule of the local cricket matches so that players can plan well ahead.
My Comment: very good point. And BCB has no reason to not agree to that.

Junaed Siddique (10): The arrears of the Premier League needs to be cleared in due time.
My Comment: Very good point. BCB should address it immediately, whether it resolve strike or not.

Farhad Reza (11): The ban on playing more than two franchises need to be lifted. If there is no commitment with the national team or the national league, a player has to be free to play elsewhere.
My Comment:I don't agree with their demand. I think BCB should firmly stick with their current policy.This is purely Sakib's issue, it really doesn't matter/effect 99% of the players. Players goes to these mutiple tournamenet with half injured to maximize earning, then come back home injured and miss tournament with national team with the excuse of being injured and/or tired.
Old October 21, 2019, 04:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Did Srilanka have better facility or perks when they won ICC events one after another or keep troubling elite test teams home and abroad alike? You can demand only when you have enough to show. Your trophy table is empty. Now, there is some strict regulations which became vulnerable for some of your self-existence. Start clamor. Typical BD workforce.
Sri Lanka is a bad comparison to BD. Much smaller country and easier to manage. Also Sri Lanka has always had exposure and access and thus quicker development. Same story as Afghanistan via World Cricket League and Intercontinental Cup. Compare both to BD. BD plays a Test series and then sleeps for 6 months due to gaps in the FTP. Sri Lanka goes on a Test tour of Australia, gets thrashed 3-0, then next month is having a tour of South Africa, where they again get smashed, and 2 months later tour England where they lo and behold win a Test. Bangladesh tours West Indies in 2014, and then their next away tour is in 2017 or something.

And its not "strict regulations". BD players salaries got cut in Dhaka Premier League by 50%. In BPL, they are often paid 1/5th of similar level overseas players. In IPL, totally unestablished bowler like Shivam Mavi will make the same or more money than an established international like Shannon Gabriel (just as an example).

BD players make less money than Zimbabwe players - who didn't even qualify for the WC despite playing at home and having a World Cup spot virtually sealed.

First class players get paid a pittance, so how can we expect them to develop?

Cost of living is rising, and yet we see cricketers' salaries fall? Howzzat?

Also, players are fighting for groundsman, support staff, and local coaches salaries as well. So its not all in self-interest.

I just hope the players are willing to compromise some. Get the main things done now, and give the BCB time to implement the rest.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 21, 2019, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Whoa, didn't expect this to happen.
Naimur flatly told no one's resigning! Koy ki ?
Old October 21, 2019, 06:19 PM
Test Cricketer

My support is with the players!! They do the hard work. They should be paid enough to keep them in the game and improve.
Old October 21, 2019, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I see your point. But the board is absolutely crooked too. I know I use satire a lot, but every time I call out the board for being bad to the bone, it always does have elements of truth to it. Too many guys collecting paychecks and doing nothing for the sport. And not to mention, doing shady stuff like selling tickets to black market.

So...anyway...it's bad all around. Players and board, both. It's a ****show. Bd cricket is circling the drain. That's just my opinion.
Old October 21, 2019, 11:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
shabbbashhhhhhhhhh. Finally Shakib does something unselfish. Totally back this strike. Its about time those crooks stop treating their job as a vacation.
What do you mean "Finally [he] does something unselfish"? As a moderator you have zero sense of choice of words and discernment and an opinion that of a toad.

It's like me saying: Finally Rinat says something not idiotic. STFU

Besides WTF does taking a stand have anything to do with being "selfish" or "unselfish"? Some people are total retards I swear.

"Finally". Heh. Nije money hoy jan desher jonno jaan utsharga diya dise...

People like you drags the quality of the forum down as well as those beta male who are moderators always self-critiquing us and our team like an incel. Now wonder this has gone down the drain in a s****hole and I have been avoiding it more and more.

F... goddamn this forum is run by typical power hungry insecure beta males from Day 1.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 21, 2019, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
GOV's mess things up due to political agendas. Privatization lends one to corruption where the wealthy class will exploit the working class. Just look at healthcare in the US. You have brainwashed imbiciles who don't want medicaid for all because "they don't want to pay for someone else's healthcare".

What do you think private health insurance is? You are paying for everyone's healthcare plus paying for United's CEO's lambo and Cigna's CFO's private jet.

Regardless of whether its a beaurocracy or a private company, management/leadership should be based on merit and efficiency. Not on politics or greed based motives.
Should have clarified the context. Context was that BCB said it would do away the franchise system for this BPL, and organize their own thing. And whenever govt. pokes its nose into free market, it usually messes things up. In this case...it was the last straw I believe. On top of all the low/unpaid wages (not just for players, but everyone involved in the sport except the BCB directors), bad facilities, when they heard that they would all be getting paid significantly less this BPL, that is what triggered them to do the presser. All other points were endemic of the system and had existed before.
Old October 21, 2019, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Exactly. There must be a balance between nationalization and privatization - extreme at both ends are bad.

Because of management and leadership failure, both public and private enterprise can fail.

But Roey/Republicans are unable to understand this simple argument or nuance. Reagan said small government and it became their gospel truth. They never bothered to ask if destroying government or reducing its power is the objective, why run to become head of government in the first place?
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 22, 2019, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Exactly. There must be a balance between nationalization and privatization - extreme at both ends are bad.

Because of management and leadership failure, both public and private enterprise can fail.

But Roey/Republicans are unable to understand this simple argument or nuance. Reagan said small government and it became their gospel truth. They never bothered to ask if destroying government or reducing its power is the objective, why run to become head of government in the first place?
So many things wrong/or I don't understand with your statements above, but feel so bad derailing this thread. But perhaps you can start by explaining who is running to become the govt. head? USA already has one of the finest checks and balances. Answer this in one of the political threads please. Thanks. This thread is for cricket. And, to that I say, BCB has messed up big time by trying to laughably organize its own BPL. Who knows, perhaps, not doing this one thing, would have kept the players quiet for many more months,years? But I am glad it happened. Inept govt. with no motive to succeed but only play on people's emotions for votes (or steal elections as in Bd) will always screw things up. Much kudos to the players. Have not been prouder of my signature.
Old October 22, 2019, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

As I predicted, board is already smelling ষড়যন্ত্র

Quote:
তার আগে ক্রিকেটারদের ধর্মঘটে যাওয়ার মধ্যে অশুভ সংকেতও দেখতে পাচ্ছেন জালাল ইউনুস, ‘এখন জাতীয় লিগ, সামনে ভারত সফরে যেখানে প্রধানমন্ত্রী আমন্ত্রিত, তার আগেই এমন ঘটনা। আমরা ভাবছি ক্রিকেটকে এলোমেলো করে দিতে কেউ চেষ্টা করছে কি না।’
Also board is accusing that players created the problem, not the board

Quote:
মিডিয়া কমিটির এ প্রধানের ভাষ্য, দেশের ক্রিকেটে এ সংকট ক্রিকেটারেরাই তৈরি করলেন। ক্রিকেটারদের জন্য বিসিবি সভাপতির দরজা কখনোই বন্ধ ছিল না বলে মন্তব্য করেন তিনি, ‘সংকট তো আমরা তৈরি করিনি, তৈরি করেছে খেলোয়াড়েরা। ক্রিকেটারদের জন্য কি বিসিবি সভাপতির দরজা কখনো বন্ধ ছিল। সাকিবের সঙ্গে তো সভাপতির প্রতিনিয়ত কথা হচ্ছে। সংবাদ সম্মেলন করে জানাল দাবি না মানলে তারা খেলা বন্ধ করে দেবে। একবারও সভাপতির কাছে এই প্রসঙ্গ ওঠায়নি। বলেতে পারত আমরা ৫-১০ জন আসছি আপনার সঙ্গে কথা বলত। সেটা প্রত্যাখ্যান করলে না হয় এটা করতে পারত।’
https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...ে-বৈক-বিসিবির
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 22, 2019, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Aminul is right - board has failed:

Quote:
আমার মনে হয়েছে যে এই অবস্থাটা বোর্ডের জন্য লজ্জাজনক, যে এ রকম একটা দাবি নিয়ে খেলোয়াড়দের সোচ্চার হতে হচ্ছে। কারণ, খেলোয়াড়দের কাজ মাঠে খেলা। কিউরেটর কত টাকা পাবে, দেশি কোচ কাকে নেওয়া হবে, ঘরোয়া ম্যাচে আম্পায়ার কে হবে—এগুলো দেখা কিন্তু খেলোয়াড়দের কাজ নয়। কিন্তু খেলোয়াড়েরা যখন এই ব্যাপারগুলো নিয়ে সোচ্চার হয়েছে, এটা একটা বড় সংকেত যে, আসলেই এই কাজগুলো কতটুকু ঠিকঠাকভাবে হচ্ছে!
https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...িনুল
Old October 22, 2019, 05:24 AM
Street Cricketer

ধর্মঘটকে ষড়যন্ত্রের অংশ বলে মনে হচ্ছে বিসিবি সভাপতির

বিসিবিকে সমস্যা সমাধানের সুযোগ না দিয়ে এভাবে ধর্মঘট করাকে ষড়যন্ত্রের অংশ বলে মনে হচ্ছে ক্রিকেট বোর্ড সভাপতি নাজমুল হাসানের। গতকাল বাংলাদেশের পেশাদার ক্রিকেটারদের ১১ দফা আন্দোলনের মুখে আজ আনুষ্ঠানিক সংবাদ সম্মেলন করেছে বিসিবি। এ সংবাদ সম্মেলনে সভাপতি বারবার ইঙ্গিত দিয়েছেন এটি দীর্ঘমেয়াদি পরিকল্পনার ফসল এবং এটি বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের বিরুদ্ধ ষড়যন্ত্রের অংশ।

ক্রিকেটারদের ১১ দফা দাবির একটি একটি করে দাবির জবাব দেওয়ার চেষ্টা করেছিলেন সভাপতি। প্রথম দাবির প্রসঙ্গেই বিতর্কিত এক মন্তব্য করেছেন। বলেছেন, ক্রিকেটার্স ওয়েলফেয়ার অ্যাসোসিয়েশন অব বাংলাদেশ বা কোয়াবকে কিছুদিন আগ পর্যন্তও তারা স্বীকৃতি দিতেন না। ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগের দাবি গুলোর প্রসঙ্গে তাঁর মন্তব্য তিনি নাকি সিসিডিএমকে আগেই বলে দিয়েছেন, এসব দাবি মেনে নিতে। বিশেষ বিপিএল প্রসঙ্গে তাঁর মন্তব্য ক্রিকেটাররা নিজেরাই সিদ্ধান্তহীন তারা কী চান। কিন্তু দেশি বা বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারকে টাকা বেশি বা কম দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজিগুল র। এ ব্যাপারে বিসিবি সিদ্ধান্ত নিতে পারে না।

চুক্তিবদ্ধ খেলোয়াড়দের ব্যাপারে তাঁর মন্তব্য বিশ্বের সবচেয়ে বেশি চুক্তি করানো বোর্ডের মধ্যে বিসিবি আছে। এতটুকু পর্যন্ত নিজের মতামত জানিয়েই সভাপতি ষড়যন্ত্র তত্ত্বের কথা টেনে এনেছেন। তাদের দাবি, এসব দাবি বিসিবিকে জানালেই তারা মেনে নিতেন। এবং জেনেই নাকি তারা এ কথা বিসিবিকে জানায়নি। কারণ, দাবি মানলে আন্দোলন করা যাবে না। এভাবে মিডিয়ার সামনে দাবি জানিয়ে বিশৃঙ্খলা সৃষ্টি করা হয়েছে। বিশ্বের কাছে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের ভাবমূর্তি নষ্ট করার চেষ্টা করা হয়েছে এবং সভাপতি বলছেন তাতে নাকি ক্রিকেটাররা সফল।

একদম ভারত সফরের আগে এভাবে আন্দোলন করাকে বিশেষ এক বার্তা হিসেবে দেখছেন সভাপতি। ক্রিকেটাররা নাকি বিদেশি ক্রিকেট কোচদের পছন্দ করেন না। তাঁর ধারণা দেশি কোচই তাঁদের পছন্দ। পারলে কোচ ছাড়াই নাকি ক্রিকেটাররা খেলতেন। ক্রিকেটারদের একাধিক ওয়ানডে ও টি-টোয়েন্টি লিগ চালু করার ব্যাপারে বলেছে, চাইলে চারটিও করবেন। তবে জাতীয় দলের সবাইকে খেলতে হবে। তাঁর ভাষায়, ‘আদায় করে টুর্নামেন্ট খেলবে না, এসব ভং চলবে না।’

ক্রিকেটাররা নাকি এখনো তাদের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করেননি। বোর্ড যোগাযোগ করলে সাড়া দিচ্ছেন না। এর মানে সমাধানের ইচ্ছা নেই। এসবই ষড়যন্ত্রের লক্ষণ।
https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%B0
Old October 22, 2019, 06:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Hardly a coincidence that players from WI, BD pipe up just prior to an India tour.

Obvious tactic is obvious.
Old October 22, 2019, 07:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Pupon's Full News Conference Video
Old October 22, 2019, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...েখতে
Old October 22, 2019, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

I know papon is not the favorite person in this site.

But reading papon's comments looks like he is frustrated and showing his frustration. But is he wrong?

Are the players dhowa tulsi pata? Star players routinely goes to papon for different personal favors and its well known in the cricket community. Looks like he indeed has his door open for the players. He is clearly frustrated that players didn't approached him first before going public with the demand and the strike.

Yes BCB is not saint nor are they well managed organization. But this is Bangladesh, and that is the reality. Actually BCB is run better than other sport boards in Bangladesh.

My confusion is was this approach really necessary or they could first approach BCB and try to get some resolution of some of their 11 demands? They could always go to public/strike as a 2nd approach if 1st approach (with BCB) failed.

Forget even Papon, they even didn't communicated with mashrafee who is still not retired. Why that rush?

Sakib accused fixed games in Div I, II and III. This is a serious accusation. How come that is not part of their 11 demands? Does it means if BCB comply with 11 demands and not address match fixing issue (that Sakib claimed), the players will go back and play fiexed DIV I with no reservation about match fixing? Will it be forgotten and will be under the rug before next negotiating time comes? How that can be good for Bangladesh cricket?
Old October 22, 2019, 10:01 AM
Club Cricketer

How can the players demand so much salary, when their performance is abysmal? If my growth/performance was stagnant or poor over a period of time, I'd be fired immediately from the company. And some of them still get paid 4 lakh taka despite horrible show series after series!
Old October 22, 2019, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

They want more tournament, but when time comes they (national team players) look excuses for not playing them. There is few contradictions as Papon pointed out.

They get too much bonus ( as papon pointed it out) and very few success to show for. may be Papon increase the salary and restrict bonus (to only extra ordinary performance). taht way both parties wins... players get more salary and BCB save more money.
Old October 22, 2019, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Hardly a coincidence that players from WI, BD pipe up just prior to an India tour.

Obvious tactic is obvious.
Who ever came up with this strategy knew that this was the big gun to point at bcb's head to listen to their demand (regardless of if I agree to them or not). Screwing around with BCCI will bite bcb's behind for many years to come. They knew that it would be easier to meet their demand by holding Ind tour hostage.

Tactic: genius
Demands: some sounds valid, some sounds more of a princess type of demand, just for the sake of it
Old October 22, 2019, 10:10 AM
Street Cricketer

Today's press conference was a joke of a response from BCB. No indication of any solution or even plan for discussion with the players. Resorting to personal attacks, broad brushing the complains as conspiracy and threatening the players. It's high time that there is some sort of accountability of Papon and his cronies.

I agree the players should have first gone to the board before speaking to the media but as the authority the board should have tried to identify some kind of resolution to the issue rather than playing this old politics on its own players.
Old October 22, 2019, 10:16 AM
Cricket Sage

yes this is genius tactics if you are a superstar or behind the scene. But for easily replaceable players? This may shorten their career. Yes BCB may suck up and agree, but don't think it will be "forget and forgive" for BCB.

Some players will pay the price, sooner or later. That the risk the players took by directing going to the press and creating a buzz. Every action has a consequences, and this one definitely have.