facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 17, 2020, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Why BanglaCricket is dying...

I will give a very strong opinion here. BanglaCricket is dying or is dead because of it's admins and moderators.

I have seen the moderators banning people left right and centre when everyone was participating, everyone was enthusiastic at one point of time here but that enthusiasm was curbed with a stab at the back.

At the admins here and moderators, I guess it is time to take lessons with power comes great responsibility. You should not have added authoritarian elements to your decisions.

And if you had the guidelines to back yourselves up, then I am sorry the guidelines were severely poor. There has to be a balance between your authoritarian guidelines and participation. It is your fault (moderators) that we have seen the death of participation here. I have long waited to say it, but had to say it. We had a portal to share valid fan opinions but we wanted to play it like we are saints. I guess we should be happy with the current state because we made it like this.

Old February 18, 2020, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hhhmm...Tanvir jantey chacchen proshno rekhechen Banglacricket hottar jonno daiye ke?
Who murdered banglacricket?
Old February 18, 2020, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Daiye jei hok na kano, sheta ashol kotha noi. Ashol kotha holo, ^ tor pete crimi asey.
Old February 18, 2020, 01:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I feel MODS are innocent here. It is the ADMIN and OWNERSHIP. Yes, Tehsin. Get a piece of me. I am entitled.
Old February 18, 2020, 01:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

I used to be really active here even a couple of years back just like a lot of other people were. It was really fun here. But idk wth happened man. Everyone getting banned for some little reasons. Now look what you guys have done! This place is dead AF! So sad.
Old February 18, 2020, 02:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I feel MODS are innocent here. It is the ADMIN and OWNERSHIP. Yes, Tehsin. Get a piece of me. I am entitled.
MOd bhaiyas and apus must khai mod, or else why calling them mod? Therefore MOd bhaiyas and apsu cannot be innocent...Mod khauwa halum!
Old February 18, 2020, 03:37 PM
Cricket Savant

No no, MOd apus and bahiyas are not to be blamed for BC's death.
BC died because:

a. Tehsin abbu has forgotten us. He is our abbu and ammu! And today we are orphans and Tehsin abbu left us like many abbus in the US, where the children are being raised by their ammus alone or by Dadis and Nannus, and no patta of those fathers. That is why my main lady Kamala Harris said and sent Ahoban for the young irresponsible deadbeat fathers to come forward (agiye ashar) and take care of the children. It is time!

b. BC has been infected with Chinese food kORUNA vIUS.

c. Shala Putin sent Russian agents to destroy BC and in the process Bangladesh cricket! That's why I always said and shall say, "Shala Sheitan Putin ain't my papi"!
Old February 18, 2020, 03:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

ছোটবেলার কথা মনে এসে গেল। খবরে যখন বলতো, মত বিনিময় করেন আমি তখন সাদাকালো টিভিতে দুপাশের প্রতিনিধিদের সামনে ভরা - আধখালি গ্লাস দেখে ভাবতাম, বুঝি দুদেশের সুধীজনেরা...
Old February 18, 2020, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Couldn't agree more. From what I remember, mods were complaning that they admins left them hanging dry without leaving much on their plate. Also banning people left and right is just bad utilization of power. People like Zeeshan, Dilscoop, to name a few used to add flavour to the site, one still posts ocassionaly, the other one no where to be seen. What's even worst is that people from IND/PAK/etc tends to get banned for the simplest things or abused on a regular basis for sharing their POV, when not even taking a dump at BD cricket. To me this is illogical.

Anyways it is what it is, used to love coming here daily. Place is dead, shoot it and kill it and move on.
Old February 18, 2020, 06:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Doesn't help that the team has been hopelessly bad.

Most of the mods have left after the botspam fiasco.
Old February 18, 2020, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I agree with Tanvir Bhai. I believe the admins are to be blamed more. Can't just leave everyone like that.

#makeBCgreatagain
Old February 18, 2020, 08:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

no point complaining. Mods wont take ownership. All the excuses I saw from mods were deflections. It is what it is I guess.
Old February 18, 2020, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Fake news, is the greatest BC has ever been.
Old February 19, 2020, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

We should have an active discussion in order to revive BC. We'll discuss how

What say lads?
Old February 19, 2020, 09:39 AM
Cricket Savant

The true reasons behind this untimely death are:
1. We don't brush out teeth
2. We are poor, we don't have rice in our belly
3. The price of Atop rice is sky high
4. The steady decline of FDC and therefore Bangla cinema
5. We have too much oil and salt in our food - Our Gaal Foola beshi! And BTW that is due to too much salt - Aro Jhole khau!
6. Hamra hamader deser manus Biyer porey Moota hoye jai...Torpor hamader diabetes, shash proshash-e koshto, Baat-er beraam, Daat-e pooka, Kaan-e Moila kom shuni, Heart-er Oshukh, Pitti-te patthar, Haat-pae jala-pora, husband-wife-er khech-khechani, shangsharik Oshanti continuously etc. etc. hotey thakey...then we are gone and therefor Tehsin abbu goes and therefore BC dies.
7. We cannot find a good Peer-Fakir, Tabiz-wala or good quality Pora-pani. We lack in that department big time, therefore we are dead.
8. WKisher Laal pani aar Neel Pani?, We drank Formalin too much

9. Later - Boss is coming

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 19, 2020 at 11:31 AM..
Old February 19, 2020, 05:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
The true reasons behind this untimely death are:
1. We don't brush out teeth
2. We are poor, we don't have rice in our belly
3. The price of Atop rice is sky high
4. The steady decline of FDC and therefore Bangla cinema
5. We have too much oil and salt in our food - Our Gaal Foola beshi! And BTW that is due to too much salt - Aro Jhole khau!
6. Hamra hamader deser manus Biyer porey Moota hoye jai...Torpor hamader diabetes, shash proshash-e koshto, Baat-er beraam, Daat-e pooka, Kaan-e Moila kom shuni, Heart-er Oshukh, Pitti-te patthar, Haat-pae jala-pora, husband-wife-er khech-khechani, shangsharik Oshanti continuously etc. etc. hotey thakey...then we are gone and therefor Tehsin abbu goes and therefore BC dies.
7. We cannot find a good Peer-Fakir, Tabiz-wala or good quality Pora-pani. We lack in that department big time, therefore we are dead.
8. WKisher Laal pani aar Neel Pani?, We drank Formalin too much

9. Later - Boss is coming
Slow day at Dhaka mental hospital today?
Old February 20, 2020, 05:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Thanks godzilla for the kind words. Allow me to take a different stance.

I don't think BC is dying because of mods banning, rather it is the opposite. Mods need to intervene at certain stage. But when a person x, be it myself or others, gets too many free passes for abuse and ad hominem attack and does NOT get banned, the other person may feel slighted and will stop posting.

(As a sidenote, I have also been banned from Bangladesh's FB page. This makes me wonder if some yuppie 20-28 year old kid has so much power over a page with so many followers, imagine the top level corruption that must be rampant and persistent in a board. Heck, F batting, I'd just get tired from the senioritis complex of Papon et co. Also Sujon. Note Sujon. Don't forget him.)

I have been banned before and will gladly accept that decision in hindsight. You cannot go about abusing others and expect people to treat you with golden chalice. Also, there have been subtle ganging up from members who have their own clique and will surreptiously gaslight and undermine your opinion. A perceptive mod should see through the illusory trap and act accordingly.

Some factors that heavily influence decline:

1. Burst of social media. No one bothers to post here because of growth of FB, Youtube.
2. Decline of BD performance. When U-19 performed so well, there was surge.
3. I also wonder how much influence Russian hackers had after the take down.
4. Asymmetrical posts and perhaps lack of quality. Oneworld, Aklemalp and I post a lot, whereas others don't and the forum simply becomes a monolithic mouthpiece for a singular voice and opinion. The way to balance it would be not to grind down on others for too many posts. You cannot control post count. It's the internet. Such is the Taoist nature, the least you control it the more it'd balance it out. Despite FB and Youtube has minimal administrative interference it runs accordingly and smoothly. Even with COPAA and guidelines and rampant of cussing and insults.

Look outside. Can you censor and control human behavior? You can't. However, at the same time I am a firm believer of healthy policing.

Check this out about supreme form of balance in nature. Chinese concept of li:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMN2nrNDvoY

5. Old timers who used to keep the forum alive simply got too busy.

I think it'd would be harsh and unfair to blame mods for the decline. It's the members who keep the forum alive. Just like you would want police to help you out and intervene in real life, healthy moderating isn't bad.

As Zunaid once said before his 12:00am last stout lager: "There IS no us vs. them. We are them."

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 20, 2020, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Well, part from me and Zeeshan doing maramari on here, nothing makes the forum spicy like it used to be.
Old February 20, 2020, 08:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

PLease ban all the participants in this post, especially the thread opener. How dare he ask the question!
Old February 20, 2020, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
PLease ban all the participants in this post, especially the thread opener. How dare he ask the question!
Yup yourself too bruh
Old February 20, 2020, 10:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Its mostly due to BD performance. There is no difference between 2007 BD and 2019 BD.

We finished 8th in WC, and our best outing in Test since last year or so is getting smoked by Afghanistan and Zim.
Old February 20, 2020, 12:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

The site will never die, but the forum (aka discussions will be too flavored aka one-sided as Zeeshan has mentioned)...

Our presence here is merely a blip in the lifetime of this site.
Old February 20, 2020, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Thanks godzilla for the kind words. Allow me to take a different stance.

I don't think BC is dying because of mods banning, rather it is the opposite. Mods need to intervene at certain stage. But when a person x, be it myself or others, gets too many free passes for abuse and ad hominem attack and does NOT get banned, the other person may feel slighted and will stop posting.

(As a sidenote, I have also been banned from Bangladesh's FB page. This makes me wonder if some yuppie 20-28 year old kid has so much power over a page with so many followers, imagine the top level corruption that must be rampant and persistent in a board. Heck, F batting, I'd just get tired from the senioritis complex of Papon et co. Also Sujon. Note Sujon. Don't forget him.)

I have been banned before and will gladly accept that decision in hindsight. You cannot go about abusing others and expect people to treat you with golden chalice. Also, there have been subtle ganging up from members who have their own clique and will surreptiously gaslight and undermine your opinion. A perceptive mod should see through the illusory trap and act accordingly.

Some factors that heavily influence decline:

1. Burst of social media. No one bothers to post here because of growth of FB, Youtube.
2. Decline of BD performance. When U-19 performed so well, there was surge.
3. I also wonder how much influence Russian hackers had after the take down.
4. Asymmetrical posts and perhaps lack of quality. Oneworld, Aklemalp and I post a lot, whereas others don't and the forum simply becomes a monolithic mouthpiece for a singular voice and opinion. The way to balance it would be not to grind down on others for too many posts. You cannot control post count. It's the internet. Such is the Taoist nature, the least you control it the more it'd balance it out. Despite FB and Youtube has minimal administrative interference it runs accordingly and smoothly. Even with COPAA and guidelines and rampant of cussing and insults.

Look outside. Can you censor and control human behavior? You can't. However, at the same time I am a firm believer of healthy policing.

Check this out about supreme form of balance in nature. Chinese concept of li:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMN2nrNDvoY

5. Old timers who used to keep the forum alive simply got too busy.

I think it'd would be harsh and unfair to blame mods for the decline. It's the members who keep the forum alive. Just like you would want police to help you out and intervene in real life, healthy moderating isn't bad.

As Zunaid once said before his 12:00am last stout lager: "There IS no us vs. them. We are them."
It surprises me how people like you were not part of the moderation team. Beautifully written and mostly covered all the points for the downfall of BC. I would, however, disagree with no.1 since our neighbours Pakpassion and Indian Forum is thriving and surviving in the age of surging social media.
Old February 20, 2020, 02:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
That is another thing I wanted to write. Most of the forums will shut down threads like this before it even saw daylight. I credit mostly this to the progressive upbringing and exposure of the moderators.

I mean... Bangladesh? Heck, in majority of the countries around the world they cannot stand dissent of their own. And then there is China, where they will manhandle you to quarantine room.

--

@Sportingbd, thanks. Very kind of you. (I think Pakpassion thrives cuz FB is probably banned in Pakistan. lol And ICF... well possibly cuz of their population.)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 20, 2020, 02:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
That is another thing I wanted to write. Most of the forums will shut down threads like this before it even saw daylight. I credit mostly this to the progressive upbringing and exposure of the moderators.

I mean... Bangladesh? Heck, in majority of the countries around the world they cannot stand dissent of their own. And then there is China, where they will manhandle you to quarantine room.

--

@Sportingbd, thanks. Very kind of you. (I think Pakpassion thrives cuz FB is probably banned in Pakistan. lol And ICF... well possibly cuz of their population.)
I dont think its Facebook or Twitter.

People are tired of same lackluster performance and poor team selection over and over again.

This website is also poorly maintained. When you combined poor team performance with poor site maintenance, things will go downward.

I do however believe BD Cricket has potential to improve. We are getting there in pace bowling.