facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 21, 2018, 10:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Fitness & Diet Thread

I know I open many ajaira thread. But this aint one of them. And I promise I will keep the limit to 8 a day.

The way it will work. I will watch a video and put some "Match notes".

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old September 21, 2018, 10:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Shingara forgett't. Your stupid red arrows and report button cannot hurt me.

Old September 21, 2018, 10:21 PM
Cricket Savant

My match notes:
  • Apparently research shows breakfast is not "important meal of the day".
  • This dude follows OMAD.
  • Black coffee: thermogenic (at your own peril) in the morning
  • Dexa Scan, he maintained BF 6-7% for three years. 10 is "good". 8 = Hollywood physique and anything below "shredded"
  • Aesthetic wise focus on upper body work out for "Hollywood physique"
  • In my opinion, pull ups are great compound exercises for upper body development
  • First meal he takes 1200-1300 calories
  • He breaks fast with salad and lots of protein.
  • Can get away with cheating as he maintains and follows "Calories in vs Calories out"
  • "Twinkie diet" in my opinion
  • So tout court, it is a good strategy that he doesn't carb cut as it lowers testesterone and since he works out a lot and is in caloric deficit with OMAD he DOES reap rewards with his strategy and I DO think in just 3 months as stated one can get absolutely shredded.

Old September 21, 2018, 10:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Match notes:

-It doesn't have to be this guy's exact "routine" or "workout".
-Just define your own 10 minute structure and exhaust yourself burning fat intensely under 10 minutes.

Old September 21, 2018, 10:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Match notes:

-Just watch the damned video.
-Not everything has to be spoon fed.

1. Proper Gear, subjective (she recommends flipbelt)
2. Pre-run meal, subjective (short burst in fasted state) and light carb rich snack (apple or banana) 30-60 minutes before run
3. Apps : Runtastic, Couch to 5k, Zombies run
4& 5. Pace and motivation (find your own rhythm) : Slow down! Increase pace gradually... And microgoals.

Old September 21, 2018, 10:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Recovery is important too!

-Over 80 different amino acids
-Body uses 20
-11 are non-essential
-Body makes them
-9 essential must be from food or supplements
-BCAA is one (branched chained amino acids)
-3 important BCAA for post-workout and muscle recovery: leucine, isoleucine and valine
-Catabolism vs Anabolism
-Anabolism = "good" and Catabolism - "bad"
-BCAA body can break it down quick...skeletal muscle

Old September 21, 2018, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Awesome thread bro. I have heard a lot about intermittent fasting. Want to give it a try. If you can share more info on this like what to eat and what to avoid will be really helpful
Old September 21, 2018, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Damnit dude. I really was going to open a health and fitness thread after the Asia cup was done.

Anyways, I've been doing Intermittent fasting for over a year now. I follow the 16:8 schedule. I eat my first meal at 2pm and my 2nd/last meal right before 10pm. During the 16 hour fast, I drink only black coffee and water (both 0 cals). Sometimes I snack, but that's always within the 8 hour window.

No restrictions on what I eat, but I do try to keep it low carbs. If you are beginning, I would say just eat what you want, as long as it's within the 8 hour window and then gradually eat cleaner.
Old September 22, 2018, 12:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Awesome thread bro. I have heard a lot about intermittent fasting. Want to give it a try. If you can share more info on this like what to eat and what to avoid will be really helpful
Alhamdulillah i lost about 30 pounds in the last 8 months.

i skip breakfast and i cut down on rice. i drink more water. i avoid artificial food.
and i play in a cricket league and i also walk a lot so Alhamdulillah definitely doable.

try to cut down on oily foods. use organic real honey instead of Sugar. if you buy a very nice big plate of biriyani be a man and split it across 2 meals instead of devouring all in one go.

Hiking or Biking also helps. Alhamdulillah i climbed up Machu Pichu in peru amd some other local mountains. totally worth it.
Old September 22, 2018, 04:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Few tips (learned from numerous trial and failure with dieting in my own life )

1. Cut off sugar, sugary drinks like soda, artificially flavored fruit juice etc 100% - no compromise on this issue. Even if you go for natural substitute like raw honey or dates or maple syrup, keep it to the minimum.

2. Must cut off rice. I know it is very difficult being a bangali, but you must cut it off. If required, indulge in rice only once a week. Replace rice with salad and healthy breads.

3. Reduce oil and moshla (spice). Another tough ask from bangalis.

4. Get at least 7 hours of good quality sleep every night. When you go to sleep, do not take with you any gadget. Also reduce/stop using computer or smart devices after evening, because the blue light from screens may alter your natural body clock and disrupt your sleep pattern.

5. When it comes to eating, follow this golden rule: eat when you are hungry, and when you eat, do not eat to your full. As the Prophet (S) advised: few bites are more than enough to keep you going, but if you have to eat more anyway, then fill one third of your stomach with food, one third with water, and keep the rest empty.

6. This is related to the previous point. Never eat/devour a big meal altogether - eat in small amounts at spaced out intervals. Also while eating, eat slowly. Better to use small spoons instead of eating using hands/fingers. We tend to eat faster if we eat using our fingers, whereas our brain needs time to register that our stomach is full -thus eating with finger means eating more thinking that the hunger has not been satiated.

7. Intermittent fasting. The tradition of the Prophet (S) is to fast every Monday and Thursday and the 13th, 14th, and 15th of every lunar month. Fast those days if you can do so. Aside from health benefits, fasting will make you grow spiritually and you will come to appreciate the blessings of food and drink more, and your appetite will get better.

8. Drink enough water.

9. Have a good breakfast. Without energy in the morning, it is tough to focus on tasks that are brain intensive. Have protein filled lunch. Make dinner very light.

10. Avoid eating before going to sleep.

11. Avoid restaurant food as much as you can (avoid all together if possible). My bhuri seems to increase even if I eat a healthy tuna sandwich from my office canteen

12. Do light work out. If you go to gym then (a) be consistent (b) have a plan and stick to it (c) try to push yourself a little everyday (d) have a mix of cardio and weight training (e) do some high intensity interval training (f) work out at least five days a week, with each session being 60 mins or more. Remember, putting on your shoes and going to the gym require more will power than working out itself.

13. Stay away from secret habit (ie masturbation) or else your bhuri will grow in no time. [Take it or leave it, but do not start a debate about it and do not derail the thread]
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old September 22, 2018, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair

13. Stay away from secret habit (ie masturbation) or else your bhuri will grow in no time. [Take it or leave it, but do not start a debate about it and do not derail the thread]
So why write this if u don't want thread to get derailed ?
I have a follow up question ..what if someone else does it for you . Will that still cause bhuri to go bigger ? Are u sure it's bhuri that's getting bigger ?
Old September 22, 2018, 08:43 AM
Cricket Savant

^^ Then maybe it is not meditation? Since it is a health thread, I must say everything in moderation including meditation. I know one guy died because he did 40 times a day. On the other hand, if you don't do for 40 days you would still die of blue b--s? lol

So what do you do simon, what do you do? (NOT the member!)

Who is the youngest member in this forum anyway? Mao o mati? Match adda? Last thing I want is a 10 year old referencing this thread to their dad: "How can someone else meditate for me?"

Yes.

YES

Old September 22, 2018, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Alhamdulillah i lost about 30 pounds in the last 8 months.

i skip breakfast and i cut down on rice. i drink more water. i avoid artificial food.
and i play in a cricket league and i also walk a lot so Alhamdulillah definitely doable.

try to cut down on oily foods. use organic real honey instead of Sugar. if you buy a very nice big plate of biriyani be a man and split it across 2 meals instead of devouring all in one go.

Hiking or Biking also helps. Alhamdulillah i climbed up Machu Pichu in peru amd some other local mountains. totally worth it.
Way to go Rifat. 30 lbs? Thats massive. Really happy for you..

Thank you and Yankees for the explanation of how IF works. Will start from oct 1. Till then let me enjoy my big plate of biriyani
Old September 22, 2018, 01:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Damnit dude. I really was going to open a health and fitness thread after the Asia cup was done.
Well he who hesitates...?

Lol, anyway I do agree with your choice choice putting of carbs in the body. Some people are so anal esp. in keto that they freak out. Wth man.. They are like the same guy who brag they don't smoke or drink but cranky AF or say some dude who got sober and is paranoid that he is 20 years 28 days 11 seconds sober. He may not die of smoking but WILL SURE die AF from paranoia, stress and anxiety.

Point being, we shouldn't lose sight of the whole gestalt picture.

@ToBeFair if anyone follows your stringent diet/routine then by all means more power to them. But I won't be so quick to paint with authority "Don't eat big meal before sleeep" yadaa yadaa yadaaa. All men (and women sigh... metoo) have their own signature lifestyle and blueprint. If some dude hasn't eaten whole day (OMAD not to confuse with O you are MaD?) then wtf would it matter if he eats a large plate of biryani every day before bed cuz he will be like in caloric deficit like crazy...

You know Michael Phelps can get away as many burgers cuz he worksout for like 8 hours a day everyday? In fact he is quite well known for his insane work ethic.

To me the equation is simple: Eat as much as you can, Work out like Crazy, Rest and Repeat.

Speaking of which. I have a question: How do I incorporate recovery? I don't get adequate 8 hours of sleep. Not sure if I need it. I feel like I always want to be stimulated. Now, if I get my "high" and "fix" from exercise, if I skip every other day then there is an automatic vacuum that I will need to fill... Yet overtraining five days a week - or even cardio 20 minutes a day for five days- may not be ideal?

Maybe I should stick to the classic Weights-Cardio alternating routine although the problem is I can't get the same high off weights as cardo.

Old September 22, 2018, 01:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Thank you and Yankees for the explanation of how IF works. Will start from oct 1. Till then let me enjoy my big plate of biriyani
Congrats as well Rifat!

Yeah Roman buddy as Yankees said the key is not to freak out on carbo as many make out to be. If you cut carb to ZERO, you WILL have depression as we get the precursor to serotonin tryptophan (these are all weasel words, don't be thinking I am dietician or doctor or anything) which satiates you from a large carb laden meal. So incase someone cuts carb, one must be sure to make it up with some salmon or egg that produces tryptophan.

Also, if you want to start IF, I'd suggest just skip the breakfast. For instance, if your last meal was at 10:00pm and you woke up at 7:00 or 8:00 then you ALREADY fasted for 8-9 hours and all you need to do is carry it out till lunch or something or as much as you can squeeze.

And since you are not doing for religious reasons make sure you hydrate yourself plenty or with sodium (Himalayan salt if you wanna be uber-ideal) with water or even Smart Water or similar to replenish electrolytes. I personally when I follow the routine take Vitamin Water Zero.

All the best to you!

Old September 22, 2018, 03:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Surprisingly a good video for his douchebaggy Ewwrnold Accent.

[TIMESTAMPS]
0:59 - Survive the Ghrelin Wave
4:06 - Low Calorie DENSITY Foods
7:51 - Complex Carbohydrates
9:10 - Eat More Protein
12:24 - Intermittent Fasting
14:50 - Appetite Suppressants
16:17 - More Fiber

Old September 22, 2018, 03:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Someone once said that sweat is fat escaping out of the body.

It was my Under-13 club coach.

Made us do laps after games we lost.
Old September 22, 2018, 10:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Old September 22, 2018, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
@ToBeFair if anyone follows your stringent diet/routine then by all means more power to them. But I won't be so quick to paint with authority "Don't eat big meal before sleeep" yadaa yadaa yadaaa. All men (and women sigh... metoo) have their own signature lifestyle and blueprint. If some dude hasn't eaten whole day (OMAD not to confuse with O you are MaD?) then wtf would it matter if he eats a large plate of biryani every day before bed cuz he will be like in caloric deficit like crazy....
I am no dietician or doctor. Those are advice from a layperson.

Plus, as with any self-help tips or advice, you must tweak and customize to your needs. That is a no brainer.

Some quotes that are written on the walls of gym I go:

The faster you run, the quicker you finish.
You do not have to be a great to start, but you have to start to become a great.
Pain is the weakness leaving your body.
Excuses do not burn fat.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old September 22, 2018, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair

Some quotes that are written on the walls of gym I go:

The faster you run, the quicker you finish.
You do not have to be a great to start, but you have to start to become a great.
Pain is the weakness leaving your body.
Excuses do not burn fat.
This was written on the wall of a restaurant that i go to.

Biriyani tastes good, YOLO.

-----------------

I think part of enjoying what life has to offer are experiencing different types of food as much as possible. Adding daily exercise to life is a good move rather than starving to lose weight. Then again i maybe biased as weight has never been a big issue for me.
Old September 23, 2018, 12:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

Best thing about Intermittent fasting is that it's not a diet, but a lifestyle change. Diets inevitably fail, because if you restrict yourself of some foods, you will just crave that more and more. With IF, youre not restricting yourself on food, but just the time when you eat it. So you can still have biryani occasionally.

Initially you will feel very hungry, so drink lots of black coffee, green tea, or seltzer water as they all suppress hunger.
Old September 23, 2018, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Someone once said that sweat is fat escaping out of the body.

It was my Under-13 club coach.

Made us do laps after games we lost.
one of those pseudoscience. What you are losing is water weight.
Old September 23, 2018, 06:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Drink 6 glasses of water a day.
Exercise everyday for at least 30 mins. ( Exercise bike is the best, get on it while you watch a TV show )
Get a PS3 and buy a copy of EA ACTIVE 2 - believe it or not - this was fantastic
Old September 24, 2018, 06:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Diet:
Just have smaller portions of carbs. For Bangladeshis thats difficult to do as most of our dishes are rice and curry based. Me and my wife dont eat rice during the weekdays. Also going brown/wholemeal helps a little like say eating pasta. Eating less desserts and substituting fruit and nuts in your diet. And obviously less fried oily stuff.

Exercise:
Walking briskly helps. Those who dont like doing exercise might go to the mall/supermarket and kill two or three hours is better than doing nothing. I go to the gym atleast 3 times a week. I watch tv shows while doing cardio.

Mental health is also important. Try to stay positive and ignore negative things in life. Also try not to get stressed. I have noticed that many people around me get stressed so easily when simple things dont go their way.
Old September 24, 2018, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Congrats as well Rifat!

Yeah Roman buddy as Yankees said the key is not to freak out on carbo as many make out to be. If you cut carb to ZERO, you WILL have depression as we get the precursor to serotonin tryptophan (these are all weasel words, don't be thinking I am dietician or doctor or anything) which satiates you from a large carb laden meal. So incase someone cuts carb, one must be sure to make it up with some salmon or egg that produces tryptophan.

Also, if you want to start IF, I'd suggest just skip the breakfast. For instance, if your last meal was at 10:00pm and you woke up at 7:00 or 8:00 then you ALREADY fasted for 8-9 hours and all you need to do is carry it out till lunch or something or as much as you can squeeze.

And since you are not doing for religious reasons make sure you hydrate yourself plenty or with sodium (Himalayan salt if you wanna be uber-ideal) with water or even Smart Water or similar to replenish electrolytes. I personally when I follow the routine take Vitamin Water Zero.

All the best to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

Best thing about Intermittent fasting is that it's not a diet, but a lifestyle change. Diets inevitably fail, because if you restrict yourself of some foods, you will just crave that more and more. With IF, youre not restricting yourself on food, but just the time when you eat it. So you can still have biryani occasionally.

Initially you will feel very hungry, so drink lots of black coffee, green tea, or seltzer water as they all suppress hunger.
I got so excited about IF that I have decided to start from today. I had my dinner at 7 last night and I skipped my breakfast. But Today I have a work lunch at a buffet place. There goes my IF

But I like the fact that in IF, you can eat as much as you like. That is the best part actually. But have to cut down on rice and biriyani. Also potatoes and beans. But like you guys have said, need to drink a lot. Keeping yourself hydrated is the key