facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

View Poll Results: Is it okay?
Yes, Of course it is okay 1 20.00%
No. Too disrespectful to the player 1 20.00%
Not a big deal. The player chose to leave, the fans chose to burn his jersey. 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 20, 2018, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Default Is It Okay to Burn a PLayer's Jersey Because he chose to leave your Favorite Club/Franchise?

Just turned on ESPN and the first thing I saw was a video of an engulfed Kahwai Leonard jersey. Some Fans are pissed at him.

This might seem like too easy a question.

Thoughts?

Old June 20, 2018, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

So I bought a Kawhi Leonard jersey back in 2014. I love the two way type of play that he is known for. I knew he would be a great (he turned out to be) and that he would be a Spurs forever (given how the spurs nurture their players).

So it pains me to see him leave (Part of me still hopes he will stay). Because once a player joins another team, your jersey becomes completely useless!

All the above is ofcourse from a neutral's point of view.

Now back to the question.

If I was a Spurs fan, no, I would not burn it. Because he won a championship with you guys, and will be etched in Spurs history forever. You will be probably laughed at for wearing that jersey again in the streets, but if you are such a big fan, you can make a Spurs club room in your house, and hang the jersey on the wall. To commemorate the man for the memories he gave you to cherish.

However, I cannot get too upset at another person who will get mental relief from burning a piece of apparel. They bought it with their money after all.

God bless the USA for incidents like these which are allowed without even the batting of an eye. Can you imagine if I bought a Mushfiqur jersey, went to Dhaka, and burned it on the rooftop, and made a video of it and posted to FB? I assure you I would get a couple of death threats.
Old June 20, 2018, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Why would they burn his jersey? he hasn't even been traded yet.

But to answer your question, it's perfectly ok since the fan bought it and it's his property. The whole jersey burning thing is so stupid and childish. If I'm an NBA team and I have a bunch of merchandize left of a player I just traded, I would just host a "bonfire night" and invite everyone to buy my jerseys and burn them. And it would work because idiots will do what idiots do best.
Old June 20, 2018, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

^I have no idea what I will do with my Leonard jersey now. I would love to get some cash for it.

Should I make a post on Craigslist?

"Big fan of the Spurs, but don't have a jersey of Kawhi's jersey to burn? No worries, selling my SA Spurs Kawhi Leonard Jersey. Away. Size M. In great condition. Asking only $50 only"
Old July 2, 2018, 06:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Saw some LeBron jersey getting burnt

But, don't think too much vitriol around
Old July 3, 2018, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

if i lived in cleveland, i would burn lebrons jerseys too. Not because I was mad at him, but because the fumes might help me forget that i live in cleveland.
Old July 3, 2018, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

so lakers just signed Rondo and javale McGee. Congrats Lebron, you gave up the easiest road to the finals to play with Rondo and Javale. Only way this makes sense is if he already talked to Kawhi.