facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 20, 2002, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Default BD v Aus - GOT MY MONEY\'S WORTH

I hope no-one is complaining about BD's massacre at the hands of Australia. We posted a three-digit total to my utter surprise, I hasten to add, and that salvaged some of our respectability.

But people, so many of our weaknesses were exposed that it scared me stiff. After staying up the whole night to watch this bloody match (sorry, genocide) at 5am here in London, I went from a nervous wreck to heart failure in a matter of less than 10 overs. What an innings!

The English commentators were quick to point out the brave decision by BD to bat first. Had we been a first rate team, we could have exploited those conditions. Unfortunately, we're not, but I still applaud our bravery and positive attitude. I guess Mohsin Kamal got through to the captain in the end, because he's been yelling all week that we can undo the Australian attack. What wishful thinking! So typical of these Pakistanis.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, I'm overjoyed that I got to watch a good 66 overs of cricket involving Bangladesh, because here in England, I hardly get to see my favourite team play on television.

Hats off to Tushar Imran and Alok Kapali who showed some real batting talent. Hats off to Khaled Mashud for trying to steady the innings. Hats off to Manju and Tapash, who, despite being quite uneffective, did bowl at an average of 85mph (which I didn't think the BDeshis could). Just need to touch up their line and length now.

Bangladesh all the way!!! I think we're gonna whoop some Kiwi pachha. Bring 'em on!

Old September 20, 2002, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Old September 20, 2002, 01:29 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Welcome aboard

So good to hear someone enthuastic.
Old September 20, 2002, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default It\'s about time

Finally we have an optimist among our ranks. Very happy to meet you. In Australia I wen't to a frineds to watch it on Fox but by the time I got there Tushar Imran was already out. I saw Mashud, Kapali, Mahmud, Rafique, Baisya and the strange decision with Monjural
Old September 20, 2002, 07:12 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Shubho

Aren't you Handle ?
If Manju and taposh were bowling at 85 and Masri was regarded MUCH faster then them, what does that add up to ? 87? Kidding. I'm hoping it's around 85-93. Were they really ineffective ?
Also, Pilot, has his batting improved or was it pure determination ? Tusher has his days and Kapali is Mohsin's fav, did you figure out why ? We only see the end result/score and that doesn't always portray the real thing.
Old September 20, 2002, 07:18 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default By the way

You are not allowed say PACHA in this board, however, feel free to use the word - ARSE in any shape and form. On second thought, Pacha has a direct effect and it'd be fine if you want to change your post stating that the Kiwis will whoop some Bangali cricketer pachas .......

(Don't mind me, I am bored and looking forward to kick start my the weekend right after I post this message ... )
Old September 21, 2002, 04:35 PM
Club Cricketer

Default No, Shubho is not handle

I am handle.

Shubho is a little off here - Both Manju and Tapash avg'd around 127kph - which comes to about 78mph.

McGrath avg'd at about 130kph (80mph), Gillespie about 133kph (82), and Lee about 137kph (85ish).

Shane Watson bowled at about 124kph
Old September 21, 2002, 09:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Makes more sense now

Whew, it makes more sense now. I was thinking 87 is way too much for Masri himself and to think that TAPOSH and Manju would go 85 on avg.

Handle and Shubho, my sincerest apology for mixing it up. I think I have done that before.