facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 6, 2017, 03:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Would have been nice if Binny the Great, would have gotten selected.
He himself would find it hard to believe.

Anyways we gotta work with what bits and pieces pace bowling allrounders that we have, at least Pandya has age in his side and shown signs of improvement lately, we will be more than pleased if could become poor man's Stokes.

Old February 6, 2017, 03:35 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
thik bolsen. koidin agey soccer khelte giye groin muscle pull korsi. its so painful. porer din doctor dekhailam. bollo 1-2 months rest nite naile reinjury hoite pare. btw doctor miya bole pant khulo. ami khullam. tarpor bole ontarbash khulo. ami boli na nah. so only did x ray
"X" rayyyy
Old February 6, 2017, 03:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Re aggravating an old injury doesn't mean he wasn't fully recovered. Groin, shoulder or even simple muscle pull, can re occur with just stretching after passing a physical. If you have passed a physical that means you are 100% ready.
Yeh but there is always a high chance of hamstring re-injury if there is a poor rehabilitation process, not even a month passed since Kayes injured it.
Old February 6, 2017, 04:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Yeh but there ....
Yes but he passed the physical before boarding the plane. Every other argument is mute.

I am just curious how did you know it was a poor rehabilitation process.
Old February 6, 2017, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Yes but he passed the physical before boarding the plane. Every other argument is mute.

I am just curious how did you know it was a poor rehabilitation process.
One of the reasons I've cut back posting at BC. Too many Trump style experts here. People speak on too many topics without any knowledge. FC forum you have people giving wrong definitions of terms yet insisting on using them incorrectly. Do you have a sociology degree? No, how about a background in political science? Did you at least take a course in comparitive religions? What, you've been driving a cab in NYC for the last 15 years and thats what makes you an expert in cultural anthroplogy?

Here you have people asking for Tamim, Shakib, Mushy to be dropped without realizing we may go decades without getting players of their class once they retire.

I'm an MD and I don't even comment on things like player fitness and injuries because thats beyond my level of education. Yet Fajlul Ahsan or Tawhid Anam, remittance earner, feels qualified to make diagnostic impressions on Imrul Kayes or if Taskin is fit enough to play Tests.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 6, 2017, 05:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Asaad thanda houn.... otonto binito bhabe onuroudh korchi...thanda houn....in braille speak that is "Keep calm Asaad and use some anadamide"

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 6, 2017, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

If Bangladeshi players play together as a team, definitely Bd will shake India. No matter what, Bd always played good against them. Even they played good against Nz, just luck and idiot mind didn't favor us. If they can come over those facts, surely Bd has chance to remove the pain we r bearing.
Go tigers
Old February 6, 2017, 05:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Asaad thanda houn.... otonto binito bhabe onuroudh korchi...thanda houn....in braille speak that is "Keep calm Asaad and use some anadamide"
alfie pura chete mete fire..mathay ektu thanda pani dhalo.

but the man got a point though.
Old February 6, 2017, 08:14 PM
Cricket Savant

If NE can crawl out of grave to take the trophy... why can't we win the test in superover? Huh?

Old February 7, 2017, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Indian media is mocking now...

http://bdlive24.com/home/details/160...A7%81%E0%A6%AA
Old February 7, 2017, 02:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

I think the timer of this forum needs to be changed. The test is delayed to one day. It will start from 9th not 8th
Old February 7, 2017, 04:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Still cant believe India hosting us in a Test match
Old February 7, 2017, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

TI
SS
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Mossadek
Sabbir
Litton
Taijul
Shuvasish
Taskin
Old February 7, 2017, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
He himself would find it hard to believe.

Anyways we gotta work with what bits and pieces pace bowling allrounders that we have, at least Pandya has age in his side and shown signs of improvement lately, we will be more than pleased if could become poor man's Stokes.
If he becomes a poor man's Stokes, what's the point of him in tests

Old February 7, 2017, 07:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
he wont get chance to play

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 7, 2017, 08:53 AM
Banned

Let's put aside the result, because its not going to result in a fruitful debate. But short of that, there's plenty that can happen in this test, which can demonstrate where BD stands today as a test team. And even India. India is a test team that is in the process of building a XV that can be a juggernaut in a variety of conditions. But before they get a chance to prove that away from home (in 2018), they have to demonstrate that they can blow away teams at home. And that too convincingly. Historically, India have demonstrated a tendency to play "down" to their opponents level, when it came to facing teams that they were favored against. I don't want to see that anymore. And under Kohli's captaincy, I expect the odds are good for this.

What do BD fans view as milestones that their team will hopefully achieve in this test? And what of these are likely to happen?

For example - not conceding a 150+ run lead in the 1st innings - that would be a signifcant milestone. Crossing 350 with the bat in the 1st innings could be another example. Not allowing Team India to declare their first innings - i.e. taking 10 Indian wickets in the 1st innings before they reach their desired score.

From my perspective - if BD manage to bat past 350, I will view that as a disappointing performance by the Indian bowlers. And if India concedes more than 12 wickets across 2 innings, that would also another indicator of a less than dominating performance.

At an individual level - I'm looking for Indian fast bowlers in particular - I want these guys to pick some meaningful wickets here. If India have to resort to the best spin duo in the world to take BD wickets, that's a "win" for BD. I am expecting a minimum of 8 wickets to be taken by whatever pace duo ends up playing this match. I don't care what type of track this is.

From the BD team, I will be looking at the likes of Sarkar and Mahumdullah - these 2 are batsmen that look like they have what it takes to succeed at the int'l level - Sarkar has flashed potential against India in ODIs and scored some useful runs in sheep-land already. If he survives past the first 30 odd balls, the question for him is, can he really bed down and go big for his team? That's what good batsmen are supposed to do. Not be satisfied with 50s, or even 100s. He should look to emulate the Pujaras and Kohlis of the world, not the likes of Joe Root. Root, in my opinion, is actually a slightly better quality batsman in test cricket than Virat, but has a very poor habit of giving away his wicket after crossing 50. I don't put too much weight in statistics, but Root's "conversion rate" is an apt indicator of this problem. Sarkar should be mindful not to fall into this trap, that is, if he is able to put together a good innings in this test.

That is what I'm looking for from BD in this test - not necessarily numbers, but the approach, and how they go about their business, against a "superior" team. Do they have the discipline, the inner strength, to stay professional and play proper test cricket? Or do they just crumble and wilt against the pressure that is going to come their way?
Old February 7, 2017, 09:06 AM
Banned

Ha.

I see Hardik Pandya is already getting some special "love" from BD fans.

It remains to be seen, probably until 2019 or so, whether Pandya has any sort of contributing role in test cricket. But Team India is doing the absolute correct thing, by setting him up for development in that format. Regarding the one-eyed fan attempt to "bash" pandya by calling him "poor man's stokes" - actually, if Pandya manages to become a "poor man's stokes" in test cricket, that will result in test victories away from home. Such is the benefit of having a seam bowling allrounder in a test squad - especially if the XI already has the checkboxes of quality test batsmen, quality spinners and pacers already checked off.

But Pandya's role and value in test cricket is something that is in the future, he's not there yet. And he has a long way to go, rigors of cricket to survive, stay injury free, continue to develop as a bowler AND as a batsman, before he can even begin to do any of this.

If I wanted to "troll" BD fans, I would point out the fact that Hardik Pandya has bowled better in ODI cricket in the last 12 months than Taskin Ahmed -

Hardik Pandya - 9 wickets in 7 matches at 32.88 average, economy of 5.8, strike rate of 34. Taskin's numbers in the same period - 7 wickets in 6 games at 41 average, econ of 5.85 and strike rate of 42.

- Numbers are for last 12 months against test playing nations.

So before you bash the up and coming allrounder from India, who's on the fringes of being selected for his team - just keep in mind that as an ODI bowler he's in the same basket as the much-loved and much-hyped "phaast" bowler from BD. And what's more, both of them also have something else in common - a love for stupid hair-cuts and colors.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
thik bolsen. koidin agey soccer khelte giye groin muscle pull korsi. its so painful. porer din doctor dekhailam. bollo 1-2 months rest nite naile reinjury hoite pare. btw doctor miya bole pant khulo. ami khullam. tarpor bole ontarbash khulo. ami boli na nah. so only did x ray

Bahi Mufi

Akon tomar kuchki-er ki obosta? Daily life-e kono problem hochee na tou?

Tumi bolla "Dakter mia", tar maney purush? Taar ki peyager dosh ache naki? Ta na hole ...pant.... jangia sob khulte bolbe keno..... next time ektu khoj khobor neye dackter select koro.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Ha.

I see Hardik Pandya is already getting some special "love" from BD fans.

It remains to be seen, probably until 2019 or so, whether Pandya has any sort of contributing role in test cricket. But Team India is doing the absolute correct thing, by setting him up for development in that format. Regarding the one-eyed fan attempt to "bash" pandya by calling him "poor man's stokes" - actually, if Pandya manages to become a "poor man's stokes" in test cricket, that will result in test victories away from home. Such is the benefit of having a seam bowling allrounder in a test squad - especially if the XI already has the checkboxes of quality test batsmen, quality spinners and pacers already checked off.

But Pandya's role and value in test cricket is something that is in the future, he's not there yet. And he has a long way to go, rigors of cricket to survive, stay injury free, continue to develop as a bowler AND as a batsman, before he can even begin to do any of this.

If I wanted to "troll" BD fans, I would point out the fact that Hardik Pandya has bowled better in ODI cricket in the last 12 months than Taskin Ahmed -

Hardik Pandya - 9 wickets in 7 matches at 32.88 average, economy of 5.8, strike rate of 34. Taskin's numbers in the same period - 7 wickets in 6 games at 41 average, econ of 5.85 and strike rate of 42.

- Numbers are for last 12 months against test playing nations.

So before you bash the up and coming allrounder from India, who's on the fringes of being selected for his team - just keep in mind that as an ODI bowler he's in the same basket as the much-loved and much-hyped "phaast" bowler from BD. And what's more, both of them also have something else in common - a love for stupid hair-cuts and colors.
I did not intend to mock him by poor man's stokes remark, even if he could deliver half of what Stokes does for his team will result in victories for us over seas, no way I was trying to bash or anything
Old February 7, 2017, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I did not intend to mock him by poor man's stokes remark, even if he could deliver half of what Stokes does for his team will result in victories for us over seas, no way I was trying to bash or anything
I wasn't referring to you - was referring to this -

Quote:
Seems like this guy doesn't quite understand or rate the importance of a 5th bowler who can bat in a test team.

There's a reason why Australia have given such a long rope to Mitchell Marsh,in spite of him stinking it up for over 2 years now. They are trying to develop him with WC 2019 in mind. But they are also giving a very long rope in test cricket as well.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

There's a reason why Australia have given such a long rope to Mitchell Marsh,in spite of him stinking it up for over 2 years now. They are trying to develop him with WC 2019 in mind. But they are also giving a very long rope in test cricket as well.
True, Dravid himself gave him thumbs up for test matches, aab baki sab ka opinion gya bhad main
Old February 7, 2017, 11:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Let's put aside the result, because its not going to result in a fruitful debate.
On the contrary, the test result could result in a FANTASTIC debate!

Old February 7, 2017, 11:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Let's put aside the result, because its not going to result in a fruitful debate. But short of that, there's plenty that can happen in this test, which can demonstrate where BD stands today as a test team. And even India. India is a test team that is in the process of building a XV that can be a juggernaut in a variety of conditions. But before they get a chance to prove that away from home (in 2018), they have to demonstrate that they can blow away teams at home. And that too convincingly. Historically, India have demonstrated a tendency to play "down" to their opponents level, when it came to facing teams that they were favored against. I don't want to see that anymore. And under Kohli's captaincy, I expect the odds are good for this.

What do BD fans view as milestones that their team will hopefully achieve in this test? And what of these are likely to happen?

For example - not conceding a 150+ run lead in the 1st innings - that would be a signifcant milestone. Crossing 350 with the bat in the 1st innings could be another example. Not allowing Team India to declare their first innings - i.e. taking 10 Indian wickets in the 1st innings before they reach their desired score.

From my perspective - if BD manage to bat past 350, I will view that as a disappointing performance by the Indian bowlers. And if India concedes more than 12 wickets across 2 innings, that would also another indicator of a less than dominating performance.

At an individual level - I'm looking for Indian fast bowlers in particular - I want these guys to pick some meaningful wickets here. If India have to resort to the best spin duo in the world to take BD wickets, that's a "win" for BD. I am expecting a minimum of 8 wickets to be taken by whatever pace duo ends up playing this match. I don't care what type of track this is.

From the BD team, I will be looking at the likes of Sarkar and Mahumdullah - these 2 are batsmen that look like they have what it takes to succeed at the int'l level - Sarkar has flashed potential against India in ODIs and scored some useful runs in sheep-land already. If he survives past the first 30 odd balls, the question for him is, can he really bed down and go big for his team? That's what good batsmen are supposed to do. Not be satisfied with 50s, or even 100s. He should look to emulate the Pujaras and Kohlis of the world, not the likes of Joe Root. Root, in my opinion, is actually a slightly better quality batsman in test cricket than Virat, but has a very poor habit of giving away his wicket after crossing 50. I don't put too much weight in statistics, but Root's "conversion rate" is an apt indicator of this problem. Sarkar should be mindful not to fall into this trap, that is, if he is able to put together a good innings in this test.

That is what I'm looking for from BD in this test - not necessarily numbers, but the approach, and how they go about their business, against a "superior" team. Do they have the discipline, the inner strength, to stay professional and play proper test cricket? Or do they just crumble and wilt against the pressure that is going to come their way?
Frankly on a second thought rereading your drivel makes me wonder if that is not an incredibly condescending post.

Old February 7, 2017, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I wasn't referring to you - was referring to this -

Seems like this guy doesn't quite understand or rate the importance of a 5th bowler who can bat in a test team.

Seems like you can't comprehend simple posts.

Not once did I say Pandya is a poor man's Stokes

Roy_1 was implying that should be a target to be a poor man's Stokes

Fact is Stokes isn't all that in the first place

Pandya in my opinion is talented enough to reach a similar position in ability.

I was pointing out trying to be a poor man's Stokes shouldn't be a target, but am not surprised by your idiotic post, you're not the brightest.

Old February 7, 2017, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Seems like you can't comprehend simple posts.

Not once did I say Pandya is a poor man's Stokes

Roy_1 was implying that should be a target to be a poor man's Stokes

Fact is Stokes isn't all that in the first place

Pandya in my opinion is talented enough to reach a similar position in ability.

I was pointing out trying to be a poor man's Stokes shouldn't be a target, but am not surprised by your idiotic post, you're not the brightest.
I will forgive you for your needless personal attack. Since you have such a lovely signature.

Ben Stokes is a very useful test cricketer. He is a proven batsman who can bowl a good chunk of overs and has the happy knack of picking up wickets infrequently. A team with a player like Stokes will always find it easy to be competitive in test cricket - because a player of his type makes the bowling line-up better than the sum of its parts, without weakening the batting.

Now to Pandya - he has done nothing in test cricket yet. And so far, his batting, while very useful at #7 in LOI cricket, has shown enough techical chinks to need a lot of work before he can be effective in test cricket.

Sure he shows a lot of promise, and nobody's saying that he should restrict his "target". Point is, that even if does worse than Stokes, he can still be a value-add for the Indian test team.