facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2014, 12:25 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Draft will need 'extraordinary majority' to be passed - ICC vice-president

Mustafa Kamal, the ICC vice-president, has said an "extraordinary majority" will be required to approve ICC Finance & Commercial Affairs working group's increasingly controversial draft proposal. He does not believe, at this stage, that it would be right to bring such changes to the world of cricket.

Kamal was apparently not present at the meeting in which the proposal was first discussed during the January 9 meeting. He said that it would take a long time for such a revamp to take place. He doesn't think it would happen at such short notice, though there are reasons to believe that it will be the main topic of discussion at the January 29 ICC meeting.

"One must also remember that there are clauses that one will have to follow for making amendment to the constitution," Kamal told ESPNcricinfo. "They will need an extraordinary majority to make the amendments. There are so many discussions that will have to take place before such things happen. It is a long path.

"Anything that will affect the world of cricket should not be done," he said. "Cricket progressed a lot in the last decade, in terms of popularity, revenue and administration. I think it won't be right to bring changes."

His veiled stance against the draft proposal is a fair reflection of opinions in his home country, Bangladesh, and indicative of how rest of the ICC feels about it. Kamal said that he has discussed the matter with other board members, who have expressed similar surprise at what has been put in front of them.

"I have talked to members of different boards from around the globe and they are surprised too," he said. "No one had an idea of this proposal.

"I don't even regard this as a proposal at this stage, until it comes to me as a proposal in official form. I have no further comments to make."

Dave Richardson, the ICC chief executive, had said that the ICC was still considering the submission. "These are just recommendations that they have put together, it's by our working group of members of our financing and commercial affairs committee. They are representatives from England, Australia and India," Richardson told EWN Sport on January 22. "They have put these proposals together and those proposals are still to be discussed in full by our finance committee as an example and the full ICC board when it meets at the end of January.

"So at this stage it's far too premature for the ICC to make any comment on the content of the proposals because as we speak, we're still going through them, getting further clarifications, finding out exactly what is intended and then hopefully we will be able to have proper discussion about these at the board meeting at the end of the month."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/712385.html

At least he said something.... as much as everyone hates him, He is still a well wisher of our cricket. He might not make a difference or put his job on the line to stop this deal, i still respect his voice. Thanks Lotus Kamal

Old January 24, 2014, 01:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Looks like someone has got balls ! FTW Kamal ! Our last hope
Old January 24, 2014, 01:47 AM

Well, I would say Mr. Kamal has showed his courage by speaking the above interview with Cricinfo.

He has batted better than our some of the so called ex-players who are currently representing BCB!
Old January 24, 2014, 03:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Kamal showed more care and passion than our 3 ex captains turned directors. Papon is much worse.
Old January 24, 2014, 03:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Dang it!! I will take Lotus back over this mew mew loser Papon. Please come back mannnnnn!!! Sorry Lotus uncle apnake onek gal mondo korsi. Maf kore den please? At least the guy can speak out loud and clear.
Old January 24, 2014, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Unbelievable. Even a total gooseberry like Kamal has more guts than the entire BCB.
I can't say I respect him, but I hate him marginally less now.
Old January 24, 2014, 07:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I have been getting more and more respect for Mr. Kamal every month since he left.

He spoke at a really critical time, when the entire Board bar three have shown cowardice against the might of the cricket goliaths. We do need more such statements. Maybe one for the ACC chairman (?) will help.

I really do not see any logic behind us going along with the ICC, thukku BCCI proposal.
Old January 24, 2014, 07:41 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

we forget so early...one of the reason behind our country is fill with churs
Old January 24, 2014, 07:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Bc-r shobar pokhyo theke Kamal sir ke ek tora lotus full er puroshkar

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 24, 2014, 08:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Not so fast guys!!

The thing is they will get the extra ordinary majority.
They already have 4 (include NZ). WI, SL and Pak WILL BE ALL ABOARD because India said they would schedule bi-lateral series with the top 8 (EIGHT). That is your lucky 7.

The only hold out South Africa.
Old January 24, 2014, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Lotus does not know his arse from his elbow. His incompetence is matched by Papon.
Old January 24, 2014, 10:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Whether you love him or hate him, you have to give credit to Lotus Kamal for that.

I was more dispointed to those three ex-players than papon. Papon is an outsider and I am not 100% sure eventually what he will do, but as an ex-player how can you vote for that?
Old January 24, 2014, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Exactly what should I give Lotus credit for? Saying that the draft proposal won't be discussed at the ICC meeting, as far as he knows, because it's not on the official agenda yet?

Having read the Cricinfo interview with Lotus, I get the impression that he is as clueless as he looks.
Old January 24, 2014, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

^^ Yup. A minor annoyance to the rest of ICC folks. Next..
Old January 24, 2014, 01:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The thing is they will get the extra ordinary majority.
They already have 4 (include NZ). WI, SL and Pak WILL BE ALL ABOARD because India said they would schedule bi-lateral series with the top 8 (EIGHT). That is your lucky 7.

The only hold out South Africa.
Don't forget India made it personal with Haroon Lorgat. They want to teach the CSA a lesson for picking him. Almost cancelled the series. I know what will happen. Money will trump everything. SA will come aboard too. They won't lose any series. They are not in a threat to be relegated. But, I can assure you Lorgat will be excused eventually.
Old January 24, 2014, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Don't forget India made it personal with Haroon Lorgat. They want to teach the CSA a lesson for picking him. Almost cancelled the series. I know what will happen. Money will trump everything. SA will come aboard too. They won't lose any series. They are not in a threat to be relegated. But, I can assure you Lorgat will be excused eventually.
I don't think so. I disagree. I hope nothing bad will happen to us. I will wait.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 24, 2014, 02:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

this is why he deserve to be said one of the best bangladesh president ever . unlike indiar dalal papon he will do anything to save bangladesh cricket , salute mr mostofa kamal for his . i just hope anyway he can come bak as a bcb president . papon must resign for saying bangladesh cant become number 8 test team in 10 years . how could u ever expect somethings like this from your own cricket board ? these administration will destroy Bangladesh cricket
Old January 24, 2014, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
this is why he deserve to be said one of the best bangladesh president ever . unlike indiar dalal papon he will do anything to save bangladesh cricket , salute mr mostofa kamal for his . i just hope anyway he can come bak as a bcb president. cricket
KEU AMARE MAIRA LA!
Old January 24, 2014, 03:03 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

nynemesis bhai always brings us a nice and timely comedic relief
Old January 24, 2014, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
^^ Yup. A minor annoyance to the rest of ICC folks. Next..
Concur with above. He's not showing balls....he's just not using his brain. He thought he said something positive in favor of BCCI.
To be honest though, he might have just spoke his mind without knowing the consequence. Like Shakibrules, I also now hate him less.
Old January 24, 2014, 05:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ei jonnei Papon khalur cheye Loot us uncleji ke amar beshi bhalo lagey
Old January 24, 2014, 09:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Exactly what should I give Lotus credit for? Saying that the draft proposal won't be discussed at the ICC meeting, as far as he knows, because it's not on the official agenda yet?

Having read the Cricinfo interview with Lotus, I get the impression that he is as clueless as he looks.
+1.

This guy doesn't even have any actual power. Do we really think, anyone gives a crap about he is saying? He was suppose to be the president, and than they removed the position and made up a position with no real power. Also, are we forgetting the 'game' he played, in order to get that office in Dubai?
Old January 24, 2014, 09:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Lotus can say that because he's speaking as an ICC rep and not on behalf of thr BCB.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 24, 2014, 09:44 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
this is why he deserve to be said one of the best bangladesh president ever . unlike indiar dalal papon he will do anything to save bangladesh cricket , salute mr mostofa kamal for his . i just hope anyway he can come bak as a bcb president . papon must resign for saying bangladesh cant become number 8 test team in 10 years . how could u ever expect somethings like this from your own cricket board ? these administration will destroy Bangladesh cricket
did you forgot that he tried to sell BD cricket team to Pak in order to get the ICC VP?
Old January 25, 2014, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

I found this Sharda Ugra's article interesting:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/712599.html