facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 5, 2017, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
BDFlag What's your T20 team for Bangladesh?

I will say it again that Bangladesh is dreadful in T20 format. Since we excel in ODI, the expectation was to do same in T20 as they're much closer than Test cricket. But absence of power hitters, get carried away with both bowling and batting at times, keeping senior players fixed in T20 squad, not selecting right players are few factors that I think keeping us from success.

We definitely need couple of clean hitters, few anchor roles as batsman, defensive bowling with T20 techniques (yorker, slower, slow bouncer etc.) and some good all-rounders to score 160+ on regular basis.

Keeping these in mind, I would go with the followings:

1. Tamim Iqbal (anchor-role)
2. Mehedi Maruf (power hitter)
3. Soumya Sarkar (clean hitter)
4. Liton Das (wk + keeping the run-rate moving)
5. Mosaddek Hossain (all-rounder)
6. Sabbir Rahman (power hitter)
7. Mahmudullah Riyad (C + all-rounder/defensive bowler)
8. Mehedi Hasan (all-rounder/attacking bowler)
9. Md. Saifuddin (defensive bowler, not sure)
10. Rubel Hossain (attacking bowler)
11. Mustafizur Rahman (defensive bowler)

*No. 4, 5, 6 & 7 batsman can interchange the order depending on match situation.

Reserve: Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim/Anamul Haque, Subhasis Roy (or any other defensive pacer)

Amazingly, I didn't have a spot for Shakib. If his bowling was like before; I would have picked him. He never seemed a T20 batsman to me. Nor does Mushy and moreover, his keeping skills are always questionable, so he is out. Tamim should be out as well if he fails for some matches. All senior players should earn T20 spot before each series/tournament.

While Sabbir, Mosa and Soumya seem to be our future, I would really like to give Maruf a shot in T20. Liton/Anamul should be given a chance for keeper+batsman. If Mehedi doesn't suit T20 role, Shakib can come in. Rubel is replacing Mash. We need 2 defensive pacemen with 1 attacking one. On slow pitches, you can substitute one pacer with a spinner.

Finally, I choose Mullah over Shakib for captaining our T20 team. He seems a better batsman in this format and lot more confident.

Last edited by R0ssei; April 5, 2017 at 08:52 PM..

Old April 5, 2017, 01:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

My team... based on players who I am optimistic about in this format...

Tamim Iqbal (Best opener for now)
Mehedi Maruf (prospective 2nd opener. Maybe replaced by Soumya, Anamul or Nafees)
Sabbir Rahman (Still the best attacking batsman)
Mosaddek Hossain (Someone who can play a balanced game and play according to the situation)
Mahmudullah Riyad (Best middle order player and the skipper. Not wise to leave him too late)
Shakib Al Hasan (play freely, slog like no tmrw because thats what he wants to do)
Anamul Haque (wk, ideally should bat higher but he is great T20 batsman so makes the team)
Mehedi Hasan* (offie who can bat... he is potentially a wicket taking option)
Mohammed Saifuddin** (seamer who can bat a bit. His control can be his strength)
Al Amin Hossain (Still the best wicket taking option in T20)
Mustafizur Rahman (our best T20 bowler, should be used more for containing runs in the end)

*Mehedi is a preferred bowler in the side but based on the opposition and how many lefties they have, he can be subbed for an SLA like Taijul, Sanjamul, Mosharraf. His batting down late may not be effective and therefore shouldnt be considered for selection. His bowling earns him the spot

**Not everytime will we need to play a seamer who can bat. He maybe subbed for another full time seamer like Abu Jayed, Shohid, Reza, Rubel, Taskin. Or in great turning conditions or against teams that are very weak against spin, go with an extra spinner or an allrounder.
Old April 5, 2017, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim
Sarkar
Sabbir
Mossadek
Anamul or mushfiq/Nurul...(wk)
Shakib (c)
Mahmadullah (vc)
Mehedi
Taskin/Saifuddin
Al amin/Rubel
Mustafizur
Old April 5, 2017, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

KDPP....
Old April 5, 2017, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

i am critical of Sabbir at #3 in ODIs but i LOLd when right after he got run out so many people wanted him down the order. He is our best T20 batsman. On top of that he is like top 15 batsman in the world in T20 iirc. Unless Kohli decides to play for Bangladesh, Sabbir is our #3 forever in T20s.

I really do believe T20 should be a format to trial youngsters and blood the youth. So i would drop someone like Tamim. But obviously that will never happen.
Old April 5, 2017, 08:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

^^

That's not the reason I put him at 6. I seriously think there should be a power hitter at No. 6 - 8. While Mullah/Mosa/Mehedi don't seem to have the skillset and including Mehedi & SS at top takes care of the run-rate at the beginning, I put Sabbir at 6.

If Mehedi fails on Int'l level, Sabbir will be at No. 3 again.