facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 6, 2022, 07:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Default We are afraid of Saheen Shah Afridi

Between all Pakistani, Indian, and SRL bowlers, no one inflicts fear in BD batsmen as much as S. Afridi...not even Haris Rauf. Every single LOI matches, he always picks up 3 to 5 wickets at a minimum against us.

Old November 6, 2022, 07:44 PM
Cricket Savant

We can't play short balls.
We can't play ball outside offstump lest we slash like Imrul Kayes.
We can't play yorkers.
We can't slog ball out of the park at will.

What can we do?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 6, 2022, 08:13 PM
Cricket Savant

^^^^That post gave me the following prompt. I should be no one to talk as an armchair critic, but imho:

35 Golden Rules to Improve Our Cricket
  1. Self-discipline. We as a country lack self-discipline. Me included. We are a molly-coddled, bunch of snowflake generation of instagratification culture. There is a reason why top UFC fighters come from the favelas and poorest of poor environment. Nothing like a kick in the butt like a Dagestani hard knock lifestyle. I wonder how many of our players make their own bed instead of having the maids and house servants do it for them. Self-discpline doesn't have to be seismic. Little things like cold shower and fasting can build superior self-discipline.
  2. Fitness. People always do all these cutesy little shuffles and lineup changes and what not, make drama about selection. But let's face it. At the top level, it's 1% ers (one percenters count). Usually fitness builds mental strength and during crisis moments and last ball thrillers where matches dragged to the wire, people with nerves of steel come out with the advantage. How many of our players are absolutely shredded and ripped?
  3. Now the details. Learn to play short balls.
  4. Learn to avoid aerial shots and play ground shots more. WTF was Shanto doing yesterday? He looked as clues as Aftab-Ash era days.
  5. And if you gon hit six, make sure you do. Look at Haris yesterday. He surely didn't mince his intention. He came to play aggressive and hit every ball out the park and he did so on occassion. As commentators were saying, he wants to hit six every ball.
  6. Simulation of last over thrillers. Coaches need to simulate situations where we have to defend 6 runs off last over or score 29 off last.
  7. Teamwork and camarederie. Goes without saying. Shakib lost his cool throwing his hat yesterday. Not much to write home about.
  8. KISS. Keep it simple stupid. One doesn't need to do fancy variations of slowing down deliveries and what not. Sometimes simple line and length if not attempting to land every ball in the slot or yorkers can do workers. You don't always need to do fancy.
  9. Speaking of which, same with batting. WTF was Soumya tryna do with cutey reverse shot. FFS. Keep it simple.
  10. This brings me to... find the gaps. We want to hit every ball out of the park. Why TF can't we master artistry of Mohammad Yusuf et. such where by guile and wile we find gaps?
  11. Being aware of situations where we have to defend low totals. Let's face it. We won't always have mammoth totals of goliathan score. We HAVE to learn to defend low totals. Sometimes the best way to do so is to strike early, put fear of God into the heart of opposition... and most importantly bowl dots ad nauseum. (All missing last night.)
  12. RBW. Many fans have shouted about it till cows come home. But we did not master it. We want to play aggro, agricultural cricket.
  13. Cut the hubris and play associates in T20.
  14. Backing up overthrows. Basics. But hey.
  15. Basics. Basics. Basics. Regulation catches. As you can see, it's not fucqin complicated people. Stop overthinking and overcomplicating it with bloody nuance. Cricket ultimately comes down to i. see ball, hit ball; ii. take 20/10 wickets; iii. catches win matches
  16. Practice juggling catch at boundary. Whatever you call that. Forgot the term.
  17. Practice direct throws.
  18. Insane work ethic and goals. Tamim used to have a goal sheet. It's about serious time coaches gather aroundt he players and ask them hard questions what they want in lfie and out of this game. (Again I should be no one to talk as I am myself a loser..lol) But if instagram famous and social media rockstars is what they want, they might as well quit this career. IT IS AN ABSOLUTE PRIVILEGE AND MATTER OF PRIDE OT PLAY FOR YOUR NATIONAL TEAM. World and the country does not owe you anything.
  19. Cut out addiciton. Be it maintain strict diet regiment, low carb, quit weed, nicotine, alcohol, refined and processed sugar...blah blah blah. Drink more water and AVOID all sugary fluids starting with Pran, cha, Frooti (Frooti? Wtf man..), Tiger energy drink, gatorades, etc etc.
  20. Feed your mind. None of that Bollywood romantic songs crap. You are what you consume.
  21. Emulate the GOATS. You should have posters of the GOATS in your living room... not frikkin Dil To Chahta Hai sh*&**s. (I exaggerate in tongue-in-cheek, but you catch my drift.)
  22. Wake up at 4:30 and go for a morning run and meditate/salah/yoga or whatever the hell fancies your boat. (Again I shouldn't be the one to talk.)
  23. Develop ruthless killer instict. Here is a video I made once. Michael Jordan was asked who is his competition. He said in deadpan monotone: Myself. You need to be a psycho on field.
  24. Be done with damned Mirpur SLA-favoring pitches. That s*** helped no one. F%^ that. All these dumb gnawing slow-crawing demons in the pitches lulled us into false sense of confidence.
  25. Having said that... fans have this ant-India bashing mentality. We should really swallow our pride and xenophobia and BE GRATEFUL if we ever sniff a chance in IPL contract. That is an AMAZING opportunity for students to test their mettle.
  26. One percenters. Not do dumb s**s like bowl wides, no balls, waste time from slow bowling over rates. Etc. Etc. Again folks. It's not rocket science. Basics. Basics. Basics. Stop overcomplicating it thinking bringing Jonty and ABD will solve all our problems.
  27. Avoid scheduling home tours and more on fast bouncy conditions.
  28. Bowling. How difficult is to force bowlers to land a ball on a specific spot over and over again?
  29. Similarly the Tendulkar coin approach. Place a coin on wickets and tell the soldiers to protect it at all cost. Again it's not f---in difficult. We overcomplicate it. Do you see Kenyan and Ethiopian runners following state-of-the-art technology, cutting edge running shoes etc etc to win gold? Heck. To them... it's SURVIVAL. They run to survive. As I said, we as a society are a spoiled generation.
  30. Fight, or other disciplines. Supplment it with lacross (I kid..), basketball, hockey, swimming, water polo. You gotta be creative and learn to be lateral thinkers.
  31. Mind sport. Sharpen your brain with chess or logical mathematics puzzle and what not or memory championship. Here is my video on SELF_EFFICACY.
  32. Again folks... these are easier said than done. Anyone can write these in 5 minutes. As I said I should be no one to talk. At the end, it's how you execut'em.
  33. Treat EVERYONE with respect and kindess starting with darwans, servants, rickshawalas, your coaches, your parents, your imam, your enemies... EVERYONE. How you conduct outside off field translates on field...
  34. Cut vices. Create a schedule and stick to it. Stop with the Goddamn Zee TV music videos marathon for crying out loud.
  35. That's it. It doens't have to be brain surgery. KISS and have fun as always.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 6, 2022, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Shala ekta Afridi onek bossor jalaton kore gello arekta ailo
Old November 7, 2022, 01:48 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Shala ekta Afridi onek bossor jalaton kore gello arekta ailo
aida abar ager tar meyer jamai
Old November 7, 2022, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Youtubey abar arek deshi Afridi dekhi. Bihari kun khaner.
Old November 7, 2022, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf

Wow, tai naki?
Old November 7, 2022, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
^^^^That post gave me the following prompt. I should be no one to talk as an armchair critic, but imho:

35 Golden Rules to Improve Our Cricket
  1. Self-discipline. We as a country lack self-discipline. Me included. We are a molly-coddled, bunch of snowflake generation of instagratification culture. There is a reason why top UFC fighters come from the favelas and poorest of poor environment. Nothing like a kick in the butt like a Dagestani hard knock lifestyle. I wonder how many of our players make their own bed instead of having the maids and house servants do it for them. Self-discpline doesn't have to be seismic. Little things like cold shower and fasting can build superior self-discipline.
  2. Fitness. People always do all these cutesy little shuffles and lineup changes and what not, make drama about selection. But let's face it. At the top level, it's 1% ers (one percenters count). Usually fitness builds mental strength and during crisis moments and last ball thrillers where matches dragged to the wire, people with nerves of steel come out with the advantage. How many of our players are absolutely shredded and ripped?
  3. Now the details. Learn to play short balls.
  4. Learn to avoid aerial shots and play ground shots more. WTF was Shanto doing yesterday? He looked as clues as Aftab-Ash era days.
  5. And if you gon hit six, make sure you do. Look at Haris yesterday. He surely didn't mince his intention. He came to play aggressive and hit every ball out the park and he did so on occassion. As commentators were saying, he wants to hit six every ball.
  6. Simulation of last over thrillers. Coaches need to simulate situations where we have to defend 6 runs off last over or score 29 off last.
  7. Teamwork and camarederie. Goes without saying. Shakib lost his cool throwing his hat yesterday. Not much to write home about.
  8. KISS. Keep it simple stupid. One doesn't need to do fancy variations of slowing down deliveries and what not. Sometimes simple line and length if not attempting to land every ball in the slot or yorkers can do workers. You don't always need to do fancy.
  9. Speaking of which, same with batting. WTF was Soumya tryna do with cutey reverse shot. FFS. Keep it simple.
  10. This brings me to... find the gaps. We want to hit every ball out of the park. Why TF can't we master artistry of Mohammad Yusuf et. such where by guile and wile we find gaps?
  11. Being aware of situations where we have to defend low totals. Let's face it. We won't always have mammoth totals of goliathan score. We HAVE to learn to defend low totals. Sometimes the best way to do so is to strike early, put fear of God into the heart of opposition... and most importantly bowl dots ad nauseum. (All missing last night.)
  12. RBW. Many fans have shouted about it till cows come home. But we did not master it. We want to play aggro, agricultural cricket.
  13. Cut the hubris and play associates in T20.
  14. Backing up overthrows. Basics. But hey.
  15. Basics. Basics. Basics. Regulation catches. As you can see, it's not fucqin complicated people. Stop overthinking and overcomplicating it with bloody nuance. Cricket ultimately comes down to i. see ball, hit ball; ii. take 20/10 wickets; iii. catches win matches
  16. Practice juggling catch at boundary. Whatever you call that. Forgot the term.
  17. Practice direct throws.
  18. Insane work ethic and goals. Tamim used to have a goal sheet. It's about serious time coaches gather aroundt he players and ask them hard questions what they want in lfie and out of this game. (Again I should be no one to talk as I am myself a loser..lol) But if instagram famous and social media rockstars is what they want, they might as well quit this career. IT IS AN ABSOLUTE PRIVILEGE AND MATTER OF PRIDE OT PLAY FOR YOUR NATIONAL TEAM. World and the country does not owe you anything.
  19. Cut out addiciton. Be it maintain strict diet regiment, low carb, quit weed, nicotine, alcohol, refined and processed sugar...blah blah blah. Drink more water and AVOID all sugary fluids starting with Pran, cha, Frooti (Frooti? Wtf man..), Tiger energy drink, gatorades, etc etc.
  20. Feed your mind. None of that Bollywood romantic songs crap. You are what you consume.
  21. Emulate the GOATS. You should have posters of the GOATS in your living room... not frikkin Dil To Chahta Hai sh*&**s. (I exaggerate in tongue-in-cheek, but you catch my drift.)
  22. Wake up at 4:30 and go for a morning run and meditate/salah/yoga or whatever the hell fancies your boat. (Again I shouldn't be the one to talk.)
  23. Develop ruthless killer instict. Here is a video I made once. Michael Jordan was asked who is his competition. He said in deadpan monotone: Myself. You need to be a psycho on field.
  24. Be done with damned Mirpur SLA-favoring pitches. That s*** helped no one. F%^ that. All these dumb gnawing slow-crawing demons in the pitches lulled us into false sense of confidence.
  25. Having said that... fans have this ant-India bashing mentality. We should really swallow our pride and xenophobia and BE GRATEFUL if we ever sniff a chance in IPL contract. That is an AMAZING opportunity for students to test their mettle.
  26. One percenters. Not do dumb s**s like bowl wides, no balls, waste time from slow bowling over rates. Etc. Etc. Again folks. It's not rocket science. Basics. Basics. Basics. Stop overcomplicating it thinking bringing Jonty and ABD will solve all our problems.
  27. Avoid scheduling home tours and more on fast bouncy conditions.
  28. Bowling. How difficult is to force bowlers to land a ball on a specific spot over and over again?
  29. Similarly the Tendulkar coin approach. Place a coin on wickets and tell the soldiers to protect it at all cost. Again it's not f---in difficult. We overcomplicate it. Do you see Kenyan and Ethiopian runners following state-of-the-art technology, cutting edge running shoes etc etc to win gold? Heck. To them... it's SURVIVAL. They run to survive. As I said, we as a society are a spoiled generation.
  30. Fight, or other disciplines. Supplment it with lacross (I kid..), basketball, hockey, swimming, water polo. You gotta be creative and learn to be lateral thinkers.
  31. Mind sport. Sharpen your brain with chess or logical mathematics puzzle and what not or memory championship. Here is my video on SELF_EFFICACY.
  32. Again folks... these are easier said than done. Anyone can write these in 5 minutes. As I said I should be no one to talk. At the end, it's how you execut'em.
  33. Treat EVERYONE with respect and kindess starting with darwans, servants, rickshawalas, your coaches, your parents, your imam, your enemies... EVERYONE. How you conduct outside off field translates on field...
  34. Cut vices. Create a schedule and stick to it. Stop with the Goddamn Zee TV music videos marathon for crying out loud.
  35. That's it. It doens't have to be brain surgery. KISS and have fun as always.
That is way too much to expect from them, most of them lack professionalism
Old November 7, 2022, 06:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Ohon jodi Afridi baichara pola hoi, tahole shamne shalar 14 ghusti abar jalaibo Tigers der.