facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 27, 2007, 12:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Feeling bad for HB

Okay, I have to admit first that I was bashing HB recently.
And yes still it is good for bangla cricket for him to retire or atleast give up the captaincy [done].
But I really feel for him. He thought [ad many of us was hoping deep in the heart] he has something to give as a batsman. Unfortunately he did not get any break [may be because of lots of pressure as his captaincy sucked tooooooo much].
If he does not retire NOW from the game of cricket I wish he get his form back as in old days and retire like he deserves.
I am sure we have new bloods coming in but should not forget our past [not long ago] when HB was the only one who stood up.

Good luck HB

Old May 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Bulbul ( past), Ash, Mash

i also feel bad...b4 i was also fan of him ..but he is not good in odis...i hope he play in test matches..
Old May 27, 2007, 12:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Yes, for his sake, for the sake of his immense contributions to Bangladesh cricket (there were periods when the only positive thing going for our test status was Bashar's performance as a test batsman), I hope he gets some sembance of form back and plays just long enough to be able to retire with dignity. Bashar was never technically the greatest...depended a lot on his hand-eye coordination...so it will probably get progressively harder, as he gets older, for him to get to that consistent level of form that made him by far the most accomplished test bat of his generation.
Old May 27, 2007, 12:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

yeah, i feel bad for him too...was it just me or were people booing when he gave his captain speech?? i wasn't sure if the audience was cheering or booing...they were definitely doing something...
Old May 27, 2007, 12:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Those days are gone!!! Now we have so many promising talented players, we have to make room for them. Recently PAK. academy coah Akib Javed admired highly about
Rakibul Hasan about getting test cap. There are few others like Rakibul waiting fo a call.
So, I don't feel sorry for Habibul. Its reality, he has to accept it. The way he was out in both innings, he lost his reflexes. Moreover his running between the wicket is so poor,
no body feels comfortable to be his batting partner. Let him play club cricket now and if
he shines there then can be considered for BD.
Old May 27, 2007, 12:33 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

OH please! He had a chance to retire with respect and dignity, but did he take it? NOOO So why the hell should we feel sorry for him?
Old May 27, 2007, 12:44 PM
Club Cricketer

I feel sorry for us who had to witness this tragedy....from hero to zero
Old May 27, 2007, 12:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Mushi &Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypoint
I feel sorry for us who had to witness this tragedy....from hero to zero
lolz hero to zero
Old May 27, 2007, 12:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well...bashar had to retire one day didn't he?So this is the day.And plus his dayz are over.He played well before but now...
Old May 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
Test Cricketer

i almst 4got his past contribution.
actully,haba became very lazy nw which makes me play bad.his body lnguage is so pathetic.
Old May 27, 2007, 01:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner
i almst 4got his past contribution.
actully,haba became very lazy nw which makes me play bad.his body lnguage is so pathetic.
lol ye he wanders round
Old May 27, 2007, 01:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riad
Okay, I have to admit first that I was bashing HB recently.
And yes still it is good for bangla cricket for him to retire or atleast give up the captaincy [done].
But I really feel for him. He thought [ad many of us was hoping deep in the heart] he has something to give as a batsman. Unfortunately he did not get any break [may be because of lots of pressure as his captaincy sucked tooooooo much].
If he does not retire NOW from the game of cricket I wish he get his form back as in old days and retire like he deserves.
I am sure we have new bloods coming in but should not forget our past [not long ago] when HB was the only one who stood up.

Good luck HB

yeah , I also feel for him . remember ? he had told during the WC to raise our flag just as many raise the flags of argentina and brazil during the football WC . still the flag i raised then is flying high and i am least interested to put it down .

i would love to see the same old habibul bashar as a test batsman . good luck habibul bashar .
Old May 27, 2007, 02:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

Bashar is still one of the best Test players BD has ever produced....I think it would be better for him to leave captaincy and focus on his batting.
Old May 27, 2007, 02:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
Bashar is still one of the best Test players BD has ever produced....I think it would be better for him to leave captaincy and focus on his batting.
das true but i doubt he will ever get his form back like it used to be. since now he cant leve the game on a high, it will be betta i see it for him to get sacked . or ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, take up battin coach
lol
Old May 27, 2007, 03:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Those days are gone!!! Now we have so many promising talented players, we have to make room for them. Recently PAK. academy coah Akib Javed admired highly about
Rakibul Hasan about getting test cap. There are few others like Rakibul waiting fo a call.
So, I don't feel sorry for Habibul. Its reality, he has to accept it. The way he was out in both innings, he lost his reflexes. Moreover his running between the wicket is so poor,
no body feels comfortable to be his batting partner. Let him play club cricket now and if
he shines there then can be considered for BD.
who is this guy?
Old May 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ononto
who is this guy?
ye mine is the same question...who iz he?
Old May 27, 2007, 03:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Raqibul Hasan is from the same U/19s batch as Sakib, Mushfiq, Mehrab and Tamim. He was a steady performer at underage levels without being spectacular, but he's exploded onto the stage since then. Currently has a first class average of 57, after becoming the first player to make a triple century in our national league.

According to reports, he's a very complete batsman with shots on both sides of the wicket and a sound temperment, and he's also made a stack of runs for the A-team as well the Academy team.

He'll be in the Test team sooner rather than later.
Old May 27, 2007, 03:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritro
Raqibul Hasan is from the same U/19s batch as Sakib, Mushfiq, Mehrab and Tamim. He was a steady performer at underage levels without being spectacular, but he's exploded onto the stage since then. Currently has a first class average of 57, after becoming the first player to make a triple century in our national league.

According to reports, he's a very complete batsman with shots on both sides of the wicket and a sound temperment, and he's also made a stack of runs for the A-team as well the Academy team.

He'll be in the Test team sooner rather than later.
ohhhh i seeee...fanx for the info
Old May 27, 2007, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbul_fan
i also feel bad...b4 i was also fan of him ..but he is not good in odis...i hope he play in test matches..
He used to be by fav player. couple of yrs ago I watched game with his brotehr in new york. i always thought he had a good personality but he is proving it wrong. he had the chance to retire from codi atleast, but did he do that?

i don't think he will be any good in test cricket as well. he used to get runs playinbg those hook/pull, now all the team know about his strenght so they have their trap set up all the time and still he will play that shot. he is not physically strong to play hook or pull shots anymore. in test, if he plas as one down he will always put pressure to tgeh middle order by loosing his wicket. what the hell he was thinking when he was playing shots like that. was he chasing 240 in 40 overs or what? he was going after every balls. what the hell he was thinking.

He needs to retire from test and odi. period
Old May 27, 2007, 03:59 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Here's an Interview of Habibul Bashar, published in today's "Prothom Alo".

আমি কি করেছি না করেছি মানুষ ভুলে গেছে
Old May 27, 2007, 04:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Here's an Interview of Habibul Bashar, published in today's "Prothom Alo".

আমি কি করেছি না করেছি মানুষ ভুলে গেছে
Man i can't read bangla well but i'll see if i can try to read it.
Old May 27, 2007, 04:40 PM

Dear Bashar Bhai,

I have not read your interview, but from the topic of the interview I will say this: Apni ki korechhen bohu aage is what kept some hope within us that you will repeat the performance. But please, stop dwelling in the past. I do not wish you to retire if you dont want to, but do not assume your spot in the national team is irreplaceable. If you are not performing presently, then you are still welcome to relegate yourself to first class and domestic leagues till you find form. If you are one of the best then, I am sure you will find your place on the best team that we can produce. Do not be so shortsighted and point to your stats from 3 years back, as it wont justify what you are doing now. Best regards and wishes to you.

and this is the link to the interview article, not the shomokal link given by Miraz Bhai: http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news...3NzE=&mid=OA==

Last edited by ammark; May 27, 2007 at 04:45 PM..
Old May 27, 2007, 04:53 PM
Club Cricketer

To my disappointment Prothom Alo elsewhere mentions that most probably Bashar will be kept as Test captain in SL.

So this means, more heartache and headache for us (for me at least). I will only feel sorry for him when is no longer in the team.
Old May 27, 2007, 05:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

unfortunately an inform Bashar has no replacement in test team... at least not yet...And nobdy in the whole team including all those "exciting" young kids have the consistency to have a confirmed spot in the test team. Untill then Bashar can continue to be the Test captain without any problem.
Old May 27, 2007, 05:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

For those who is feeling sorry for Bashar, hate to tell u guys but it is better for him to retire now. He is out of form for last 2 years and his captency isn't giving us anything new. Seems like we are staying at the same place or may be going back as far as his captency goes. Its time for a new dawn for the BD cricket. With a new coach, a new captain should take over both test and odi and take us to a new direction.....a more positive one. Thanks to HB for his contribution in the past years but now he should accept his current situation and give his space to someone new.