facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2015, 01:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Never is a strong word. I am sure there are other important innings he played. The two test centuries in England were big games too. The fifties in Asia Cup 2012 were important as well. Yes he is no Tendulkar or Kohli that sees the team through to the end but it is unfair not to acknowledge the best opener we ever had. His current form sucks and if we were a good team he would have been told to go back to domestic cricket, work on his game and come back. In that aspect he has had an easy life as an opener
I am disappointed that Tamim we dreamed of has not materialized. Almost no progress since 2011. I reckon that this is not due to lack of commitment or not working hard. More of a fine tuning thing. International cricket is tough. So really technical details is where we have failed our players. Change of so many coaches over last few years has definitely been the negative thing.

Old March 3, 2015, 01:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
I am disappointed that Tamim we dreamed of has not materialized. Almost no progress since 2011. I reckon that this is not due to lack of commitment or not working hard. More of a fine tuning thing. International cricket is tough. So really technical details is where we have failed our players. Change of so many coaches over last few years has definitely been the negative thing.
Arrogance !!

It's good when you use it positively and work hard to reach higher levels

It's worst when you use it negatively to avoid hard work and imagine yourself at the top & can do anything...Tamim is doing this.
Old March 3, 2015, 03:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Arrogance !!

It's good when you use it positively and work hard to reach higher levels

It's worst when you use it negatively to avoid hard work and imagine yourself at the top & can do anything...Tamim is doing this.
I would rather call it Idiocy!
Old March 3, 2015, 04:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

i rkn that 150 that Tamim scored in odi to win BD the game against Zim despite Coventry scoring 190+ was a very clutch innings. From memory he even won man of the match in that game.
Old March 3, 2015, 05:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
i rkn that 150 that Tamim scored in odi to win BD the game against Zim despite Coventry scoring 190+ was a very clutch innings. From memory he even won man of the match in that game.
Probably his only ODI innings worth remembering,
Old March 3, 2015, 06:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

HHLGKG
Hashte haste lungir gittu khuilla gelo
Old March 5, 2015, 01:06 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

Tamim haters talk nah!
Old March 5, 2015, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrul
Tamim haters talk nah!
Cheeky
Old March 5, 2015, 01:53 AM
Cricket Legend

No matter how bad he plays, its proved that we dont have any better alternative.
Old March 5, 2015, 02:06 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I hope and pray he fails and draws the last stick in this WC. But I'm afraid he will score a half assed 50 to keep his place.

He's not a big match player. He will never play a clutch inning for the team. Openers are selfish by default. And those ones that don't even score are worse than the selfish players. #BenchTamim

If your uncle went home crying because you got cut and then used all his powers to keep you in the team you will too be lazy, fat, out of shape/form player too. Sad that he used to be a hard worker. We all read those reports. Good ol days.
So how did u rate this innings?
Old March 5, 2015, 02:09 AM
Administrator

Bandwagon jumping time. Who will give me a #je_suis_tamim?
Old March 5, 2015, 02:29 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
So how did u rate this innings?
Below Coetzer's inning obviously. Batting paradise, juicy 130K league bowlers bowling vollies. He did what he was supposed to, what we needed him to do. Let's not go gaga over it... 6.5/10. Would've been 8+ if he didn't fall short and burn the review on his way out. Rahim told him no but he forced himself. But this was needed to get back in touch. Hope he can play a better inning vs his favorite opponent.

And his fitness. When commentators starts talking about it. Simon Doull, "Did you say he was cramping (to Bumble)? He plays in Bangladesh in hot and humid weather. Cramping? It has to be fitness issue." Just embarrassing. Riyad looks lean and fast. Tamim cost him at least 15 runs.
Old March 5, 2015, 02:31 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Below Coetzer's inning obviously. Batting paradise, juicy 130K league bowlers bowling vollies. He did what he was supposed to, what we needed him to do. Let's not go gaga over it... 6.5/10. Would've been 8+ if he didn't fall short and burn the review on his way out. Rahim told him no but he forced himself. But this was needed to get back in touch. Hope he can play a better inning vs his favorite opponent.

And his fitness. When commentators starts talking about it. Simon Doull, "Did you say he was cramping (to Bumble)? He plays in Bangladesh in hot and humid weather. Cramping? It has to be fitness issue." Just embarrassing. Riyad looks lean and fast. Tamim cost him at least 15 runs.
Agreed. Saw so many chances for 3s but Tamim's slow RBW and laziness kept them down to 2s.
Old March 5, 2015, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Should have scored a 100.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 5, 2015, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Should have scored a 100.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Would have if he ran between the wickets like other cricketers who are even 5-7 years older than him.
Anyways, kudos must be given to him for grinding it out and keep playing. I know reaching 100 was the biggest motivation but I guess at this point I would take a selfish Tamim who's willing to grind it out in the middle to score a run a ball century.
Old March 5, 2015, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Tamim is garbage. Come on Bangladesh, we can do better! It's not about the talent sometimes, it's about the attitude.

This boy has reached his ceiling, a ceiling that consists of lack of fitness, ducks, and a few good scores, but not too high a score usually mind you. He had his run. Time to find a better opener.
Old March 6, 2015, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

No better option. As of right now.

Sadly. I really hope SS is the real deal and not another Aumi, Mofees, Zunaid. and have high hopes for Shadman Islam and Litton.
Old March 6, 2015, 05:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

#estoyTamim or #yosoyTamim
:p
Old March 6, 2015, 10:55 AM
BC Editorial Team

Just get fit son ... The rest will take care of itself
Old March 6, 2015, 12:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

An inform tamim is very important against england. They rate tamim very highly so if tamim can give us a quick start or just stay at the crease it will create pressure on england in this crunch game. Dont forget cricket is a mind game as well . we have england cornered and if we want them dead and buried tamim will have to play a key role here. So i wont really get upset if he doesnt give us an explosive start as long as he stays in there, score some vital runs and put psychological pressure on england.