facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2014 (Archive)

Old July 4, 2014, 05:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Luiz is humble. Love him.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old July 4, 2014, 05:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

time to sleep ...... for a long time ....... two more games to watch again tomorroew night
Old July 4, 2014, 05:34 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Old July 4, 2014, 06:12 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

James > Neymar. Neymar is a big douche. Tough loss for World Cup's top scorer. I just looked him up to see what club he played for. IDK how things work in that world but I'm guessing he'll get picked up by a big name team after this?

Also nice sportsmanship from the Brazil team.
Old July 4, 2014, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

phew if Brazil plays like this against Germany it will tough game but Germans may win!! without Neymar and T Silva it will be tough for them. Colombia especially James played really good game. James so far was really great to watch.
Old July 4, 2014, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
James > Neymar. Neymar is a big douche. Tough loss for World Cup's top scorer. I just looked him up to see what club he played for. IDK how things work in that world but I'm guessing he'll get picked up by a big name team after this?

Yes, right. Unlike Neymar, James didn't get a vertebrae fractured from the knee in his back from Zunigia and thus ruled out of the rest of the WC. This Zunigia is, of course, the same chap who went in, studs up, into Hulk's knee and didn't get carded.

Colombia is an excellent young team, and has an amazing player in Jamie Rodriguez. But they had a fairly easy group to qualify out of, and then faced an Uruguay team with an old has-been Diego Forlan and no Suarez. And when they met a strong team, albeit a strong team playing terribly like Brazil, they couldn't pull it off. Even with the last few runs into the Brazilian "D" in the second half, there were very far too few shots on goal; and it took a penalty to score one.

Frankly, I think Chile was a better team than Colombia, in terms of attacking, high press, and defence. Unfortunately for S. American teams, the bracket ensured that now both Colombia and Chile are out, and Brazil will meet Germany so severely weakened (admittedly Thiago Silva's foul was a terrible lapse by their captain) that they are unlikely to advance.

Perhaps this will indeed be the first WC to be won by an European team on American (North or South) soil.
Old July 5, 2014, 05:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Brazil face a daunting task in the upcoming semifinal against Germany. The Germans have an outstanding goalie, an organized defense in front of him led by Boateng, Hummels and Lahm, a cohesive midfield in front of that defensive cordon led by Ozil, and a great couple of finishers in Muller and Klose.

Brazil will be without their leader and defensive stalwart Thiago Silva and most lethal finisher Neymar. Whilst the defensive loss may be compensated by Luiz playing a less adventurous game, the loss of Neymar may be insurmountable. Hulk has strength, pace and a fabulous workrate but has lacked the finesse to place his powerful shots away from Neuer's massive range. Fred has been useless. Jo has been worse than Fred and so on. I'd give the Brazilian midfield an edge with Gustavo returning, but someone has to finish. Someone needs to step up and be a hero by elevating his game to a different level in the semifinal AND the final if Brazil get past Germany. I don't know who that forward can be at this point.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 6, 2014 at 03:02 PM..
Old July 5, 2014, 06:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

There is no way Brajil can beat Allemagne in absence of Neymar and Silva
Old July 6, 2014, 03:09 AM
Cricket Guru

If there is anytime Brazil needs Hulk to actually convert all his chances into even one single god damn goal, its on Tuesday. Come on Selecao you can do this, you are no one man team like Argentina.
Old July 6, 2014, 03:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

RM making a bid for the kid, bright future ahead of him.
Old July 6, 2014, 04:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
RM making a bid for the kid, bright future ahead of him.
i'm a RM fan and despite how good James is we already have a surplus of midfielders. And we already two young stars in Isco and Jese and apparently Toni Kroos has signed with RM so i dont see the point of getting James tbh. All RM need is a class striker to rotate with Benzema and a Pogba type player to take over Alonso's role in the team.
Old July 6, 2014, 02:56 PM
Cricket Guru

^ Yeh I am too, there were already comments saying 'oh no save Di Maria'