facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 14, 2019, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner
Default Congratulations England - 2019 WC Champion!

Congratulations England. What a game this final was!! For the scores to be tied and then super over to be tied also..!!! Wha... you cannot script this!

Commiseration to Kiwi boys.

Scorecard for future reference: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...world-cup-2019

Suck it Brendon McCullum (For underestimating BD)!

Old July 14, 2019, 01:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Congrats England!

Any team that get knocked out by BD in a WC come back stronger in the next WC. India followed up their 2007 disaster by winning 2011, and now England have done the same in response to 2015. Will SA follow the suit next?
Old July 14, 2019, 02:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Congratulations England. It was just meant to be.

Commiserations New Zeland. Well played, bad luck. Hope you win the next T20 World Cup.
Old July 14, 2019, 02:28 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Ireland lifted the World cup without even playing in the world cup!!
Old July 14, 2019, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Ireland, WestIndies, SouthAfrica, NewZealand and England. 5 countries in one shot lol

joke aside, great WC final
Old July 14, 2019, 02:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Dude lets not derail the thread. Stick to thread title and some people need to stop the bitter hate towards England just because some players have roots elsewhere. It’s a country of migrants, people all over come here, born here, have English/British grandparents or Parents it’s a highly diverse country, society. Just because Bangladesh is homogeneous country and have little to no diversity and people probably don’t even know what’s diversity there it doesnt mean other country is same because different countries have different rules, and in England you can be born but still have right to support your roots your country of origin and no one will hate or mind but it won’t work in Subcontinent am sure they’ll call you “traitor”, even mob you, as I remember correctly some Kashmiri students supported Pakistan in 2011 WC in India and got mobbed by Indians. Subcontinent is backward in many sense and will be a long time before it comes out of them things.

In British/English laws you qualify to play for a country if you was born in or hold a British passport, have grandparents born in, parents born in. Morgans mother is English if am not correct. So he fully and rightly qualifies for England and it’s been years since he has been playing for England. No need to bring his Ireland root now all of a sudden.

It’s not a rant. Don’t take me wrongly. Am just clearing some things out.
Old July 14, 2019, 02:48 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricLoverUK
Dude lets not derail the thread. Stick to thread title and some people need to stop the bitter hate towards England just because some players have roots elsewhere. It’s a country of migrants, people all over come here, born here, have English/British grandparents or Parents it’s a highly diverse country, society. Just because Bangladesh is homogeneous country and have little to no diversity and people probably don’t even know what’s diversity there it doesnt mean other country is same because different countries have different rules, and in England you can be born but still have right to support your roots your country of origin and no one will hate or mind but it won’t work in Subcontinent am sure they’ll call you “traitor”, even mob you, as I remember correctly some Kashmiri students supported Pakistan in 2011 WC in India and got mobbed by Indians. Subcontinent is backward in many sense and will be a long time before it comes out of them things.

In British/English laws you qualify to play for a country if you was born in or hold a British passport, have grandparents born in, parents born in. Morgans mother is English if am not correct. So he fully and rightly qualifies for England and it’s been years since he has been playing for England. No need to bring his Ireland root now all of a sudden.

I am just joking as morgan is still Irish
Old July 14, 2019, 04:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Congratulations to England
They did everything in their capacity to win this cup.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 14, 2019, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

As I said in the match thread, England team's diversity should be praised, not criticized.

Definitely a good lesson to learn for people living in Bangladesh, where people are so intolerant even people migrating from their neighboring districts!
Old July 14, 2019, 06:35 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Congrats England. Ben Stokes is a wonderful player. Not as good as Flintoff with the ball but definitely better with the bat. Him and Butler elevates this team to the next level
Old July 14, 2019, 08:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Congratulations to England, and commiseration to New Zealand! Both teams did everything within their capacity.
Old July 14, 2019, 09:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Ireland, WestIndies, SouthAfrica, NewZealand and England. 5 countries in one shot lol
You forgot to include Pakistan . So this was in a sense a true World Cup champion because of everyone's inclusion.
Old July 14, 2019, 10:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricLoverUK

Dude they literally stole Archer from the Caribbean. If BD had an Archer instead of freaking Mashrafe we would’ve been much more powerful team with just inclusion of one player. Even in tennis England first ever champion was really an Scottish in Andy Murray if I recall.

Nonetheless, they deserve to be champions.
Old July 15, 2019, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Dude they literally stole Archer from the Caribbean. If BD had an Archer instead of freaking Mashrafe we would’ve been much more powerful team with just inclusion of one player. Even in tennis England first ever champion was really an Scottish in Andy Murray if I recall.

No one calls Andy Murray English, he's British, not English

Old July 15, 2019, 01:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:

Are you stupid? The country for tennis is Great Britain not England. Andy Murray is British champion, no such thing as English champion

Even for cricket, its England and Wales, not just England alone.
Old July 15, 2019, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Deciding a WC winner based on who hit more boundaries - somehow it leaves bad taste in the mouth.

There should have been a second match on the reserve day.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old July 15, 2019, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Deciding a WC winner based on who hit more boundaries - somehow it leaves bad taste in the mouth.

There should have been a second match on the reserve day.
That's a terrible idea.

Boundary finish isn't great, could have tried ball out

But that match needed to finish there and then.

Old July 15, 2019, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...s-simon-taufel

At 49.4, England should have been awarded five runs instead of six. An umpiring error. But I would like to go even further. The law says:

Quote:
Law 19.8 If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side, and the allowance for the boundary, and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act.
What is the definition of an overthrow? Had not been deflected by the bat, it would have not been an overthrow. Because of deflection, it was not an overthrow, and England should have not been awarded those extra four runs.

ENGLAND team = THEIVES, not WC winners.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old July 15, 2019, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

At 49.4, England should have been awarded five runs instead of six. An umpiring error. But I would like to go even further. The law says:

What is the definition of an overthrow? Had not been deflected by the bat, it would have not been an overthrow. Because of deflection, it was not an overthrow, and England should have not been awarded those extra four runs.

That is not clear law.

Act is not defined in this law, act could be taking off for a single

It says throw or Act

To suggest that was the difference is ridiculous

As Stokes would have gone for a hoick over short mid on, if it was 3 needed, field could have been different, ball may have been different

Old July 15, 2019, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Get out with this nonsense. We won the world cup fair and square.

The only thief in this tournament is mashrafe.
Old July 15, 2019, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Congrats England! Deserving winners.

Enjoyed their brand of fearless cricket. What impressed me most is how strongly they bounced back after hitting a low. I wonder if this is England's strongest team ever. The squad seems pretty complete. They even have a good leggie.
Old July 15, 2019, 08:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Are you stupid? The country for tennis is Great Britain not England. Andy Murray is British champion, no such thing as English champion

Even for cricket, its England and Wales, not just England alone.
Bro I am American so those British systems will always confuse me. United Kingdom is more of a territory than a country. So England greatest actual tennis player is Tim Henman then.
Old July 15, 2019, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

England deserves this World Cup for their consistency in last four years. For being number one , they are rightly the world champions and best ODI team in the world currently. New Zealand winning it would have been like Pakistan winning the CT in 2017 which is for being the best team in those two knockout games not necessarily for having the best team and it would have been an upset of sorts.
Old July 15, 2019, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Bro I am American so those British systems will always confuse me. United Kingdom is more of a territory than a country. So England greatest actual tennis player is Tim Henman then.
Da fuq!

England is a territory not a country.

UK is the sovereign country.

Ignorant americans strike again, go wash trumps ***.
Old July 16, 2019, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Sid Monga sheds light on the absurdity of choosing a WC winner based on number of boundaries.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...0532/undefined