facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2005, 07:24 AM
Street Cricketer

Default poor bowling attack

if only we had another bowler as good as mortaza we would have been ranked more higher in the world. nazmul is young and is still learning. apart from that we dont have any good fast bowlers.

Old July 1, 2005, 07:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

i agree mortaza is to young to lead an attack on his own we need a decent second semmer tapash is not up to it yet and nanzumal is to young
Old July 1, 2005, 07:41 AM
Street Cricketer

When we search for fast bowlers we tend to limit our view only to Dhaka city or Chittagong. We should broaden our view towards the villages and townships of our country as there are more natural talents. Like we found Mortaza who comes from Natore. We have to pick bowlers like that. But then we have to nurture them under the supervisation from former great fast bowlers like Andy Roberts, Wasim Akram etc.
Old July 1, 2005, 07:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

The fast bowling department can only improve with the likes of:-

SK Rasel
Shafaq al-Zabir
Shahadat Hossain
Wascoroni Polash

coming threw to challenge the likes of:-

Taposh
Talha Jubair
Anwar Hossain Monir
Tariq Aziz Khan
Old July 1, 2005, 09:26 AM
Test Cricketer

How bout SK Russell

Guess he is better than Tapash or Nazmul////
Old July 1, 2005, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't think our Bowling attack is that poor as the topic title suggests. The English conditions were simply not conducive to our strong point, i.e. spin. True we are lacking in the fast bowling department, but Mashrafe has always bowled his heart out. We need one able partner for him to form a decent attack. Our left arm spinners are as good as any in the world.

Edit: Mashrafe is from Narail, btw

Edited on, July 1, 2005, 2:58 PM GMT, by Carte Blanche.
Old July 1, 2005, 11:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

poor bowling...where is the attack?lol.seriously,1 consistent 85+mph bowler needed.
Old July 1, 2005, 11:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Give the team some time pls!

Shahadat might not have done well on debut.. but he is promising... and there will be others also in time. We need a little bit more patience.

One Step at a Time!
Old July 1, 2005, 12:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

we need to send our fast young bowler to some bowling coaching academy. So they do not bog down while playing quality oponents like England as Rajib did.

Mortoza had a academic training in India. Now he is the only quality pace bowler.
Old July 1, 2005, 02:38 PM
Test Cricketer

i think our spinners are good. specially in subcontinent they can become dangerous like enamul was against zimbabwe. and we saw rafique many times destroying batting lineup of opponents. rana is also very good in odi. but our pace attack is weak. beside masrafee we do not have any other bowler. but masrafee cannot do it on his own. fast bowlers needs good partners in the other end. masrafee doesnt have that. which is why we saw many times that batsmans plays defense on masrafee and play attacking shots on his partners. this is not helping masrafee to pick up wicket because he is the only one who is putting attack on the opposite batsmans. we need another good fast bowler. talha shahadat sk rassel hopefully these guys will improve and give masrafee the backup that he needs.
Old July 1, 2005, 02:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Just Quoting myself from another thread where i wrote about BD's bowling performance in England:

"There were questions as well. Even in the Natwest series, BD failed to reduce the margin of defeat vs. England except for the very last game. This dissatisfaction mostly evolved out of the fact that now BD’s bowling strength has started to fall short. One of the reasons (and surely not just an excuse) being that it was not a spinner-friendly condition which curtailed a major strength of our bowling... i.e our spinners. This whole England tour was a real test of how well we might do when an ‘all-out-pace-attack’ may be the demand. And I must admit... at times it was well below par. "

Thread: Reputation Reversed"

I dont think we will struggle with our bowing as much as this when we get to play our spinners in full strength.