facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 4, 2017, 01:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Mash's retirement.. planned or forced?

I am obviously not gonna complain. He needs to focus on ODI because we need him for another year or 2. But just before the Lankan series, he said he has no plans to retire from T20. He even gave an interview where he said he wants transform our T20 team like he did with ODI. So why all of a sudden he announced his retirement? I mean if he planned it before obviously he wouldnt say all those things he said before. Was it his ego to keep Riyad in the team that caused some issue with the management? There was no official comment from BCB.. even though they did post about a spin hunt an hour after he announced his resignation.

There is nothing wrong with Mash wanting to leave. We know he isnt the best T20 bowler but I hope he left on his own terms and not due to any other issues. He is this guy that should never be forced or influenced to retire.

Old April 4, 2017, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Can you force Mashrafee to so something like that? I don't think so.... may be some other players.....but Mashrafee? Hard to believe that.
Old April 4, 2017, 01:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Pathetic subcontinental mindset. These oldies never want to go away on their own. They always have to be forced to go away.

Don't know who was behind mash's retirement, but whoever he is, it has to be said that the guy who forced mash to retire from t20 has done a splendid job and deserves a round of applause.
Old April 4, 2017, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Its obviously forced. How hard is it to tell. A BD legend decides to announce his retirement just few minutes before a match. It cant be planned. Surely not.
Old April 4, 2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Can you force Mashrafee to so something like that? I don't think so.... may be some other players.....but Mashrafee? Hard to believe that.
bro forcing doesnt always have to be direct. Mash is an employee and BCB is an employer. If the employer goes down hard on a specific employee and indirectly puts pressure to leave then its almost forcing them to quit
Old April 4, 2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Pathetic subcontinental mindset. These oldies never want to go away on their own. They always have to be forced to go away.

Don't know who was behind mash's retirement, but whoever he is, it has to be said that the guy who forced mash to retire from t20 has done a splendid job and deserves a round of applause.
yea i dont think many thinks like u do. Mash isnt the arrogant senior player like Mushy who will hold his throne until he is kicked out. Mash is the greatest sportsman in this country. He definitely deserves to leave on his own decision. And Mash is still decent enough to lead the T20 side. We dont have any great T20 players at the moment anyways or someone that can match his leadership
Old April 4, 2017, 02:16 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Food for thought?
Old April 4, 2017, 02:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
bro forcing doesnt always have to be direct. Mash is an employee and BCB is an employer. If the employer goes down hard on a specific employee and indirectly puts pressure to leave then its almost forcing them to quit
That may be true for any other player, but Mashrafee has good connection with the ruling party and with Hasina. Also the fact the there was no response from BCB just tells me BCB was not aware of the event.

If BCB cooked up the plan and forced Mashrafee, BCB would be better prepared congratulating him in the media.

Now it may be possible that Mashrafee "aubhimaan kore retire koreche" .... that is more likely and that may explain why he announced suddenly without some preplan fanfare and fireworks
Old April 4, 2017, 02:44 PM
Cricket Sage

btw whether its planned or forced, I think it was good in the sense that unlike some of our other senior players he would retire with his head high. after this year, he should also consider retiring from ODI and join BCB management in some capacity. I think it will be good for him and good for Bangladesh cricket.

And Yes I don't hate him, actually I am a fan of him. He is a true tiger and I have a feeling he knows how to end his professional career (as a player) with his head high.
Old April 4, 2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
That may be true for any other player, but Mashrafee has good connection with the ruling party and with Hasina. Also the fact the there was no response from BCB just tells me BCB was not aware of the event.

If BCB cooked up the plan and forced Mashrafee, BCB would be better prepared congratulating him in the media.

Now it may be possible that Mashrafee aubhimaan kore retire koreche .... that is more likely and that may explain why he announced suddenly without some fpre-plan an-fare and fireworks
you are contradicting yourself. If Mash is close to our PM then the board wouldnt dare tell him anything... Because the last time I checked, the board is all in the same party as PM. And the lack of appreciation is just unprofessionalism, low mentality and politics on BCBs part.. read Isams post...
Old April 4, 2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
btw whether its planned or forced, I think it was good in the sense that unlike some of our other senior players he would retire with his head high. after this year, he should also consider retiring from ODI and join BCB management in some capacity. I think it will be good for him and good for Bangladesh cricket.

And Yes I don't hate him, actually I am a fan of him. He is a true tiger and I have a feeling he knows how to end his professional career (as a player) with his head high.
for sure.. thats why i said, i have nothing against him retiring. I wanted him to retire from T20 and stop playing BPL.... With the form he is in... He can easily play till 2019 WC. Just dont like it if he was forced... he aint Afridi
Old April 4, 2017, 02:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
you are contradicting yourself. If Mash is close to our PM then the board wouldnt dare tell him anything... Because the last time I checked, the board is all in the same party as PM. And the lack of appreciation is just unprofessionalism, low mentality and politics on BCBs part.. read Isams post...
Not sure how I am contradicting myself. I don't think BCB forced Mash. They cannot. And that was my point. Even BCB caved in when he said he will not go without Riyad. And Yes He has good connection with PM.

"Aubhiman kore retire koreche" doen't mean anybody forced him. It was his decision at the end. No body forced him to retire, he would be still the captain for next few years if he chose to stay.

Actually your conspiracy theory (that somehow BCB forced him to retirement) doesn't match with the current event. BCB was obviously unprepared and surprised by the anouncement,
Old April 4, 2017, 03:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

We have lost last 8 t20Is in row under his captaincy. Forced or not, it was the right decision. We need a captain who will take T20s seriously
Old April 4, 2017, 03:22 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
We have lost last 8 t20Is in row under his captaincy. Forced or not, it was the right decision. We need a captain who will take T20s seriously
Until our players know how to approach T20Is properly, we won't ever succeed no matter who the captain is. We have like only 2-3 players in the lineup who are truly good enough for the T20s.
Old April 4, 2017, 03:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dear Isam,
Either you know something that you are not sharing or just leave it a rest. Did you not quote Mashrafe himself in your cricinfo article?

Quote:
Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza said that his aversion to T20s ultimately pushed him to retire from the format. Speaking on the day that he announced the current T20I series against Sri Lanka would be his last for Bangladesh, Mashrafe said that he was asked to rebuild the T20I side when given the captaincy in 2014, but now he was blocking the path of other fast bowlers like Rubel Hossain.

"It is always tough to hang up your jersey," Mashrafe said following Bangladesh's six-wicket defeat in the first T20I at Colombo on Tuesday. "But I thought that if I look behind me, someone like Rubel is missing out. He should have been in the first XI, but he is missing out because of me. Since he is performing better than me, he should be in the team. I still feel this team is the best place for our youngsters to grow for a bigger stage like Tests and ODIs.

"I never enjoyed that format when T20 started. I played five World Cups but I never enjoyed it. Maybe because of my injuries. This format is quick and sharp so you don't get enough chances to warm up your body, especially my legs which hurt a lot. I still kept going because cricket board was respecting me as a captain. I was trying really hard to build this team as much as I can. I don't know how much I did but it was a real pleasure to captain in T20s."

Bangladesh had picked four fast bowlers in the game on Tuesday, with Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed and newcomer Mohammad Saifuddin accompanying Mashrafe. The captain had taken just one wicket in Bangladesh's previous T20I series, against New Zealand, while Rubel took seven wickets but still missed out. Interestingly, it was the exiting Mashrafe who bowled better than the rest in the game, finishing with figures of 2 for 32 in four overs.
Old April 4, 2017, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Dear Isam,
Either you know something that you are not sharing or just leave it a rest. Did you not quote Mashrafe himself in your cricinfo article?
yes he did

https://youtu.be/FR6u4mbBnrM
Old April 4, 2017, 05:00 PM

http://www.amadershomoy.biz/beta/201.../#.WOQW3aK1uUl

dunno if this is true... but if it is then it was the coaches decision
Old April 4, 2017, 06:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

youtube comments are the best --

Old April 4, 2017, 08:12 PM

I would not buy anything else than Mash explained about/behind his decision, which are all valid, spot on. Decision like this never easy for anyone if we look around, meaning Mash also might said or thought about the TIMING to step down here or there but, NOT the 'step down' decision itself.

We all, including media men should respect each and every word he said, making it sensational, emotional or dramatic actually doing otherwise. Yes, there might be some talk with management or high ups regarding the timing now and then, but these are all professional move/activity in any organisation, and doesnt mean a season campainer like him had to pull the trigger out of emotion.

Again, we should stop these idiotic espaculation, making issues out of nothing, rather spare some thoughts for him, his contribution, and be respectful, grateful. To me that's the true spirit we can take form Mash and move on.
Old April 4, 2017, 08:35 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think He should have continued playing the shortest format which poses the least amount of risk to his body. He is in good form as a bowler and can hit the ball out of the park unlike our other bowlers. I would not be surprised if the whole Ryad issue led to his retirement
Old April 4, 2017, 08:38 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

From Kalerkantho. Dont know if this is from His real FB account or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kalerkantho_com-05-04-17-38.jpg (105.0 KB, 128 views)
Old April 4, 2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I would not buy anything else than Mash explained about/behind his decision, which are all valid, spot on. Decision like this never easy for anyone if we look around, meaning Mash also might said or thought about the TIMING to step down here or there but, NOT the 'step down' decision itself.

We all, including media men should respect each and every word he said, making it sensational, emotional or dramatic actually doing otherwise. Yes, there might be some talk with management or high ups regarding the timing now and then, but these are all professional move/activity in any organisation, and doesnt mean a season campainer like him had to pull the trigger out of emotion.

Again, we should stop these idiotic espaculation, making issues out of nothing, rather spare some thoughts for him, his contribution, and be respectful, grateful. To me that's the true spirit we can take form Mash and move on.
you are completely missing all the news reports by trusted reporters like Isam and so on. If you tell me that someone like Isam isnt credible with his reports.. then thats a whole different argument and I wont go there.

For me, I dont even have to read all the media buzz. My memory tells me how Mash clearly said after the Kiwi series that he has no plans to retire from T20 cricket AND before heading to Sri Lanka, he clearly stated his desire to lift the T20 team.

A report on PA, at March 16th before the second test began, there was an article that stated coaches desire to remove Mash initially and he is debating about removing Mushy and Shakib as well later on. This would be a huge thing for PA to BS about 2 weeks before it actually happened no?
Old April 4, 2017, 09:43 PM

@Rinatq, yes I am reading but not buying as 'played significant role' behind Mash dicision. Like I said, his retirement from T20 was all about 'when' nothing out of the blue, obviously, he might have thoughts on that regard and it could change based on circumstance INCLUDING talking with management or their ADVISE, wich is a norm to me.

Btw, according to PA report, coaches desire to remove Mash, Mushy and TAMIM from T20, not Shakib, you may check this out. However, I read it as their place is not GURANTEED, meaning 'replacement' is up there and should get some chances.
Old April 4, 2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
@Rinatq, yes I am reading but not buying as 'played significant role' behind Mash dicision. Like I said, his retirement from T20 was all about 'when' nothing out of the blue, obviously, he might have thoughts on that regard and it could change based on circumstance INCLUDING talking with management or their ADVISE, wich is a norm to me.

Btw, according to PA report, coaches desire to remove Mash, Mushy and TAMIM from T20, not Shakib, you may check this out. However, I read it as their place is not GRANTED, meaning 'replacement' is up there and should get some chances.
Mate the report said Shakib clearly. I have the article infront of me.. In a rush but I couldve shown u the exactly article in Bangla. And the report didnt make it sound like Haturi was hinting at giving chances to others....
Old April 4, 2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Mate the report said Shakib clearly. I have the article infront of me.. In a rush but I couldve shown u the exactly article in Bangla. And the report didnt make it sound like Haturi was hinting at giving chances to others....
Why do you think Haturi have to give a hint of 'giving chances'? Haturi or whoever will do his job with reason and the way he think is right, why you expect every detail to be explained everytime?