facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 12, 2017, 11:21 AM
Test Cricketer

^Yeah true.

Old October 12, 2017, 12:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Don't get excited yet guys. Eclipse hasn't given us his impression yet. It doesn't look like he's swinging the ball despite all the grass on the pitch...he could just be another fast spinner.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 12, 2017, 12:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Don't get excited yet guys. Eclipse hasn't given us his impression yet. It doesn't look like he's swinging the ball despite all the grass on the pitch...he could just be another fast spinner.
Furqaan bhai, i didn't see u in the practice match thread. U missed a great match dude.Today our golden boy fizz bamboozled the southafrican batters with his mesmerising bowling. I became absolutely speechless when I saw his bowling figure. Truly a future ATG
Old October 12, 2017, 02:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I just want a bowler who can consistently bowl in good areas.
None of our bowlers do that.
If this guy can do it, that will be good.
Old October 12, 2017, 06:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I just want a bowler who can consistently bowl in good areas.
None of our bowlers do that.
If this guy can do it, that will be good.
Fizz and rony probably the best at that...
Old October 12, 2017, 06:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Fast- moving or capable of moving at high speed.

Furious- full of anger or energy; violent or intense.

Now, every time I see Ebadat from here on, I'll be reminded of Vin Diesel.
Old October 12, 2017, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Furqaan bhai, i didn't see u in the practice match thread. U missed a great match dude.Today our golden boy fizz bamboozled the southafrican batters with his mesmerising bowling. I became absolutely speechless when I saw his bowling figure.
Theres a lot of places we never see you. I didnt see you in the Australia series thread when Fizz was picking up wickets either. But I guess the wifi signal is weak inside Bumrah's sigmoid.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 12, 2017, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
That would be me...but I cant seem to find the post for some reason.

Its also worth noting Ebadat is from al Furqaan's home district of Moulvibazar.
When did you mention this?

I thought I was the first to mention, maybe not

Old October 12, 2017, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I think it is similiar to Brett but it is a clean action, that's what's impressive about it.
Brett Lee's action was very clean, you are not implying it wasn't are you?

Old October 12, 2017, 08:08 PM
Cricket Legend

He's very young and inexperienced, we must be the only nation to debut young fast bowlers with under 20 first class games, he's only played 5!!

Let him develop, he can take two more years and he'll still be young for test cricket
Old October 12, 2017, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Brett Lee's action was very clean, you are not implying it wasn't are you?
Not at all, I am comparing to Bangladeshi standards. This guy's action is up there with the best of the best in Bangladesh.

Taskin needs to be replaced by this guy, Taskin hasn't hit 150 and never will. This guy maybe the much needed speedster that we need. Rubel is slowing down, hardly every touches 140 like before, I would have loved to see Ebadat in SA. But I guess his debut is going to be slow and docile pitches of BD.
Old October 12, 2017, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Not at all, I am comparing to Bangladeshi standards. This guy's action is up there with the best of the best in Bangladesh.

Taskin needs to be replaced by this guy, Taskin hasn't hit 150 and never will. This guy maybe the much needed speedster that we need. Rubel is slowing down, hardly every touches 140 like before, I would have loved to see Ebadat in SA. But I guess his debut is going to be slow and docile pitches of BD.
I love a fast bowler as much as the next guy, heck maybe even more.But imagine, Ebadat Taskin, Fizz ripping it out at WACA in perth, in a nice hot summers day in Full HD listening to Ian Chappells commentary.
Old October 12, 2017, 08:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

He needs time to develop, he needs first class games under his belt, look at Roy/Shahid, very limited but knows what he can and can't do

Taskin has hit 148 before and he's gone through an action change recently (but icc enforced, but after that) he's going through a transition phase, which isn't helped by an absent coach and captain, he's only 22, in other countries he wouldn't even be debuting, only rare talents like mustafizur Rabada would debut this young, don't forget the last odi we won was set up by taskin when we were staring down the barrel, it's forgotten because of Shakib and mahmadullah, but watch our bowling and you'll see taskin creating a massive stream line for the other bowlers and he's done that quite a few times, on tests taskin does need replacing, but not by this guy, that's like for like, we need experienced guys like Shahid Roy with mustafizur

We need more A tours, guys like ebadat, Hider, Saifuddin, Taskin, jubair are primed to go in A team tours, BCB are not developing these guys well

Old October 12, 2017, 08:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He needs time to develop, he needs first class games under his belt, look at Roy/Shahid, very limited but knows what he can and can't do

Taskin has hit 148 before and he's gone through an action change recently (but icc enforced, but after that) he's going through a transition phase, which isn't helped by an absent coach and captain, he's only 22, in other countries he wouldn't even be debuting, only rare talents like mustafizur Rabada would debut this young, don't forget the last odi we won was set up by taskin when we were staring down the barrel, it's forgotten because of Shakib and mahmadullah, but watch our bowling and you'll see taskin creating a massive stream line for the other bowlers and he's done that quite a few times, on tests taskin does need replacing, but not by this guy, that's like for like, we need experienced guys like Shahid Roy with mustafizur

We need more A tours, guys like ebadat, Hider, Saifuddin, Taskin, jubair are primed to go in A team tours, BCB are not developing these guys well
Taskins lack of brain is very shocking, did guys not forget his economy in CT vs India, he will leaked runs like a faucet. The Taskin Ahmed prospect is dying down, he hasn't produced amazing performances against AAA teams, even if he does its after getting hit at a eco of 6 or high 5s.

Against SL, Zimbabwe I would let Taskin play, but keep him away from teams like England,Australia, South Africa,NZ.

Against England he Averages Six runs per over.
Against India he Averages 4.79 But just take out the first series against India A and that will be near 5.5 or 5.7 RPO
Against Pak he averages 5.83
Against NZ 5.90 RPO
Against SL 6.13

His Eco is close to 6 RPO away from home, and thats including associates.
Old October 12, 2017, 08:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
When did you mention this?

I thought I was the first to mention, maybe not
Yeah someone beat me to it, but that was the frist thing that came to my mind.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 12, 2017, 08:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

He’s much better then shafiul for sure ... he deserves to be in for Sa tour ... atleast could’ve play the practice match. Hom , shafiul, Kaye’s can sit home ... no more free vacation for them .. I rather choose him for the future.
Old October 12, 2017, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

He will be lethal in the green or fast pitch
Old October 12, 2017, 09:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I just think u guys are hyping up this lad too much.

Until Walsh is out, this dude will follow the same as Taskin.
Old October 12, 2017, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:

Look, you are right in some ways. I know he is going through a transition and stuff, I was the most hopeful about Taskin's career here and I do realize he is really young and still got lots of time.

But the problem I have with him is that he looks comfortable and looks to be not trying. Compare the physique he had when he came in and now, it is a lot different. Compare the lengths he is bowling, in my opinion he bowled the best in Asia cup last April 2016. Although the sky did fall down it is time for him to really push himself again. Again, the problem I have with him is that he is missing aggression and the will to fight. I also think he got into business and modelling a bit too much for his own good and had too many distractions.

I did have a lot of role on hyping up Taskin at the start, and as one of his fans it is just sad for me to see the decline in his pace and hunger. There is a lot of things just not right with him at this moment, it shouldn't be the case of what could have been still. He still has a lot of time in his hands to make ammends, but why isn't he working on them?

Anyways, with his form in bowling in general it is hard to think he will be back into the team where it is getting so competitive. Think about the pecking order, how many bowlers can you fit in the one spot? Mashrafe and Mustafizur will be fixed till 2019. There is Rubel, Shaifuddin who is a good alrounder btw, there is also Hider, Rahi and now Ebadat. Don't forget Roy, Rabbi, Shafiul (even though he sux), Shahid and add to that other U-19 bowlers and fringe ones the list gets heavy as s***.

Bottom line is this, he needs to ramp up his pace, he needs to get stronger, he needs to bowl in good length and occasionally mix it up, he needs to bowl to his field, he needs to change pace more often, I am just wondering if I can figure out his mistakes and point them out what the hell is the head coach doing to solve them? Maybe they need me as the bloody coach!
Old October 12, 2017, 09:08 PM
Cricket Legend

lol you guys get so excited when you see a tall fast bowler. Can this guy swing the ball? That action suggests otherwise. Looks like he's similar to every other BD bowler i.e. angles in to the right-hander, no swing away.

Until we realise swing is just as important, we're going to keep producing Rubels and Taskins.
Old October 12, 2017, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Theres a lot of places we never see you. I didnt see you in the Australia series thread when Fizz was picking up wickets either. But I guess the wifi signal is weak inside Bumrah's sigmoid.
I don't think he will have anymore wifi signal till the end of the series after the burn you sent towards his way
Old October 12, 2017, 10:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Ebadat has been around the A team for a while...with our pace stocks so depleted he ought to get a debut vs SL.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 12, 2017, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Look, you are right in some ways. I know he is going through a transition and stuff, I was the most hopeful about Taskin's career here and I do realize he is really young and still got lots of time.

But the problem I have with him is that he looks comfortable and looks to be not trying. Compare the physique he had when he came in and now, it is a lot different. Compare the lengths he is bowling, in my opinion he bowled the best in Asia cup last April 2016. Although the sky did fall down it is time for him to really push himself again. Again, the problem I have with him is that he is missing aggression and the will to fight. I also think he got into business and modelling a bit too much for his own good and had too many distractions.

I did have a lot of role on hyping up Taskin at the start, and as one of his fans it is just sad for me to see the decline in his pace and hunger. There is a lot of things just not right with him at this moment, it shouldn't be the case of what could have been still. He still has a lot of time in his hands to make ammends, but why isn't he working on them?

Anyways, with his form in bowling in general it is hard to think he will be back into the team where it is getting so competitive. Think about the pecking order, how many bowlers can you fit in the one spot? Mashrafe and Mustafizur will be fixed till 2019. There is Rubel, Shaifuddin who is a good alrounder btw, there is also Hider, Rahi and now Ebadat. Don't forget Roy, Rabbi, Shafiul (even though he sux), Shahid and add to that other U-19 bowlers and fringe ones the list gets heavy as s***.

Bottom line is this, he needs to ramp up his pace, he needs to get stronger, he needs to bowl in good length and occasionally mix it up, he needs to bowl to his field, he needs to change pace more often, I am just wondering if I can figure out his mistakes and point them out what the hell is the head coach doing to solve them? Maybe they need me as the bloody coach!
Taskin Ahmed is happy with what he is, he doesnt need to improve, since he has no competition. He has already, peaked. Only thing I can see now is him going down, spends too much time taking selfies.
Old October 12, 2017, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Ebadat has been around the A team for a while...with our pace stocks so depleted he ought to get a debut vs SL.
Not in test matches though
Old October 12, 2017, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

If Malinga with a hieght of 1.73 metres can bowl, 145K darts, why can't Taskin do that he has an extra 15 cm of hieght, its either he is lazy or does not want to improve his game, he doesn't have the hunger like players such as Shakib,Mashrafe, Tamim and Mushfiqur.