facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 7, 2011, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Stats can be deciving...he is batting lower down the order...either when team is in trouble or needs some quick runs....
He is a match winner, we dont have too many of them in our bd team...
When did Alok become a match winner? I'm not opposing Alok's inclusion to the team, but terming him as a match winner is not correct. Did he help BD win any match against a G8 team singlehandedly like Ash & you know who? And if you are talking about domestic then Riyad is also a match winner, just so you know.

Old January 7, 2011, 11:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai
I think Hannan Sarkar deserve another chance. He dug in against Australia in 2004. It does not matter what he did in last 7 years. But I think he deserves to be in WC squad.

And BTW, where is his official thread?

valo laglo..
Old January 7, 2011, 11:31 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Alok isnt a top order batsman, he is a very inconsistent one if he is. The reason why he should be in the squad because of his Power hitting. We done need him to score 40-50 runs playing 70-80 balls. Naeem and Mahmdudullah does a great job there bringing the team down. We need someone that can play a solid 5 over PP and slog the rest. Ash is a prospect, However, confidence is something that is totally destoyed inside him. So alok would be the first choice.

and guys, this is a forum where we talk about Bangladesh cricket and about the players. There is nothing wrong with opening a thread for a player who is not in main XI. How many Bengali players have scored a century in T20??? I dunt remember any in any competitive competition. He is very effective against India too. No i am not saying from that one century but the ICL too. He played against the Indian players and i think he understood some of their playing styles.
Old January 7, 2011, 02:08 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Alok Kapali...Once upon a time he was the most popular cricketer here in BC. And now we are all jumping up and down in dismay for having an official Alok thread. Life can be very harsh sometimes...
Old January 7, 2011, 02:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

If I have to pin my hopes and bet on a deadwood, I'd rather do that on Ash, given its almost certain for him to be in the 15 men squad.

Having two wannabe Jesus not gonna bring us any early Easter present.

Plus, don't think Captain Awesome would want to have another player of the forgettable era in his team. He would just not fit in the current team environment.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 7, 2011, 02:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

World Cup is not just about I was part of the team. Whenever BD does good, it is all to be proud of, not just the team. We should put best players forth for the world cup.
Old January 7, 2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

For as long as Alok had hope for playing in the IPL, he showed no interest to make a comeback. Alok's agent failed to get a team to pick him. When there was hope, Alok was unable to make himself available for the national team, even after the ICL pardon. Once the IPL hopes are dashed, he's been trying to nudge his way in.

Unfortunately, his form left him.
Old January 7, 2011, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

he is definitely better than our hugely over-hyped talented powerful big hitters like riyad and naeem.
Old January 7, 2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
he is definitely better than our hugely over-hyped talented powerful big hitters like riyad and naeem.
Yet, Bangladesh National Team is second on his priority list, ICL/IPL being number 1. We should build a team with players that really want to be a part of it. It should be their first and foremost career goal. To Alok, we are #2.
Old January 7, 2011, 08:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

Alok hasnt yet shown the determination and desire to get back into the team. Look at Shahriar Nafees, the guy falls but keeps coming back again and again. Alok in our team will be a huge asset, but for me what comes before talent, is the desire to win, the desire to fight, the desire to represent your country. Does Alok have that? I am not so sure.
Old January 7, 2011, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Whilst we are arguing whether he is good enough, the former asst. coach thinks otherwise about this player. Check Kaler Kantha today:

http://dailykalerkantho.com/?view=de...e_id=1&index=5
Old January 7, 2011, 09:41 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Yet, Bangladesh National Team is second on his priority list, ICL/IPL being number 1. We should build a team with players that really want to be a part of it. It should be their first and foremost career goal. To Alok, we are #2.
i also believe so.He is not that serious about playing in national team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 8, 2011, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

I like alok alot but just because he scored a century like 3 years back people are hyping about it too much

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old January 8, 2011, 04:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotte
i also believe so.He is not that serious about playing in national team.

This time he is serious !!
Old January 8, 2011, 04:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Billah,

Is this just speculation on your part? Perhaps, you have some telling evidence to substantiate your claim? In that case, would you mind sharing this?
Old January 8, 2011, 05:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Billah,

Is this just speculation on your part? Perhaps, you have some telling evidence to substantiate your claim? In that case, would you mind sharing this?
Speculating nothing here.

Perhaps we can follow our favorite cricketers a little more closely.

Alok and one other traitor bad mouthed Bangladesh cricket and BCB the most harshly at the time they deserted our team for ICL.

After the ICL fell apart, as you might remember, cricketers like Aftab and SN were openly remorseful. Alok's agent tried to place him in an ICL team. Alok was pretty confident of getting an outright offer away from the bidding . He also had several opportunities to get back to the side by playing BD-A and warm-up matches. He did not, declined due to one excuse or another.

Speculating here:

Alok did not get an IPL deal - a safe speculation, would you say?
Now he is trying to get back in the side - his second preference - safe speculation?
Old January 8, 2011, 05:54 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

@billah: where did u read about Alok's agent negotiating a deal with IPL that broke off... and why do you conclude that it has to be one or the other between National Side and IPL?

It does not make any sense simply because even if the motivation is money still playing for the national side and doing well is the best way to break into lucrative tournaments like IPL
Old January 8, 2011, 06:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Speculating nothing here.

Perhaps we can follow our favorite cricketers a little more closely.

Alok and one other traitor bad mouthed Bangladesh cricket and BCB the most harshly at the time they deserted our team for ICL.

After the ICL fell apart, as you might remember, cricketers like Aftab and SN were openly remorseful. Alok's agent tried to place him in an ICL team. Alok was pretty confident of getting an outright offer away from the bidding . He also had several opportunities to get back to the side by playing BD-A and warm-up matches. He did not, declined due to one excuse or another.

Speculating here:

Alok did not get an IPL deal - a safe speculation, would you say?
Now he is trying to get back in the side - his second preference - safe speculation?
Trust me you're not the only one here in denouncing most-things-indians. But, at the same time, we must not forsake our sense of perspectives and balance all together.

What did exactly Alok bad mouth so damningly about BD cricket? Could you please break it down? You're right I havn't followed everything THAT closely. So, I would appreciate that.

Mashrafi, Ash, Razzak and now, maybe, Shakib and Tamim will play in IPL. Does it all mean that, naturally, they have BD second? Isn't it expected that professional cricketers (or anyone else) will try to do well for themselves?
Old January 8, 2011, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Trust me you're not the only one here in denouncing most-things-indians. But, at the same time, we must not forsake our sense of perspectives and balance all together.

What did exactly Alok bad mouth so damningly about BD cricket? Could you please break it down? You're right I havn't followed everything THAT closely. So, I would appreciate that.

Mashrafi, Ash, Razzak and now, maybe, Shakib and Tamim will play in IPL. Does it all mean that, naturally, they have BD second? Isn't it expected that professional cricketers (or anyone else) will try to do well for themselves?
kothay achena "jare lagena valo tar cholon baka"..

Old January 8, 2011, 06:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

As far as I recall, when Alok mentioned the ICL offers to Rafiqul Alam, he then said that to do what is good for him because Alok does not have much chance in the national team.. No other nation punished their players more than BCB has done and with the result we lost prospective players earlier than we did.

And some of you guys, get over ICL.. BCB has forgotten about it, BCCI forgot about, heck even Kapil Dev has moved past it and some of you are still holding on to it like your bed time winnie the pooh.. Well, the entire world moved past ICL except some of you who is foaming their mouth about teaching players patriotism.. Get over it fellas,, its 2011 already!!
Old January 8, 2011, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Facts stand as they are.

Quote:
Alok and Dhiman Ghosh were the most outspoken against BCB, Dhiman was just about rabid with his criticism.

Quote:
You are mixing up ICL with IPL here. The ICL "rebels" abandoned our team en-mass, if you can remember, the biggest blow taken by our cricket.

Although, I have to admit, I am completely against our star players, warming up the benches at the most corrupt tournament of the planet.
Old January 8, 2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
And some of you guys, get over ICL.. BCB has forgotten about it, BCCI forgot about, heck even Kapil Dev has moved past it and some of you are still holding on to it like your bed time winnie the pooh.. Well, the entire world moved past ICL except some of you who is foaming their mouth about teaching players patriotism.. Get over it fellas,, its 2011 already!!
It's not just "patriotism" per say, would you not want the most dedicated of our cricketers in the national team?
Old January 8, 2011, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan
kothay achena "jare lagena valo tar cholon baka"..

posted via bc mobile edition
বুড়ো আন্গুল দিয়ে এর চেয়ে বেশী টাইপ করা সহজ নয়...
Old January 8, 2011, 10:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Alok and Dhiman Ghosh were the most outspoken against BCB, Dhiman was just about rabid with his criticism.
Sorry brother Billah I couldn't disagree with you more vehemently on this. And, frankly, am somewhat shocked and disappointed that a seasoned and esteemed member like your good self will tarnish the integrity of an individual. The mere crime of being "the most outspoken against BCB" most definitly doesn't warrant such scathing attack or even defamation.

What Dhiman said was very stupid and irresponsible, indeed. But, he was very young and most of our players are not the sharpest tools in the box anyway. Perhaps, we could extend the benifit of doubt to them.

I, too, don't think much of these IPL/ICL events. But thats where the money is. That is the reality. Money-is-not-all maxim has long disappeared from most cultures. That is another sad reality. "Money doesn't talk; money swears", said Bob Dylan. But most couldn't care less.
Old January 8, 2011, 11:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
বুড়ো আন্গুল দিয়ে এর চেয়ে বেশী টাইপ করা সহজ নয়...
That was quite a clever reply :P