facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 12, 2015, 01:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Its not like.we had a five match test.series vs australia.and a tri series.too before this tournament, why is there a need.to rest.players? we should be treating these warm.ups as real matches and try to win them.with our full.team. we.don't have many.matches.to play anyway, the strategy.of.the team is wrong and only puts us on the backfoot going into the world cup and the critics.will be running their mouth again about how.much Ireland needs.test.status and we.don't.and all.that crap.even.though it was a warm up
Even with the team that played, we should have beaten Ireland. What separated them from us is their spirit and attitude.

Old February 12, 2015, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
You guys couldn't wait till we lost an official game to dig up this thread? You guys bat like Gayle or bat like Bjoy. No middle ground.

Doesn't all those "bizarre" point lead to the fact that they are only trying out all their players? Giving the back ups a chance to warm up? Have you never watched a warmup/preseason game in your life? It's not that hard to figure out.

Tanvir_Nus would start his 100 mil dollar QB against his arch rival in 4th quarter of a preseason game... I don't have a soccer analogy.
Wow, you are trying to defend the team that just lost to Ireland. So since it's just a warmup it's ok to lose in order to lose even more confidence and get the backup players experience. Hell let's intentionally play the backup bowlers in death/do-or-die situations and lose because it's just a warm up match. Have you not followed the team and seen a warm up win before the world cup is advantageous for any team? Did you forget the warm up win against NZ that led us to the win against India in 2007 and the first second round birth? I must be really hyping things up unnecessarily you are right. Oh, that is just after our 4th loss, and I also must have downplayed losses against Queensland/state team, because it's just a warmup match.

Maybe it's just me.
Old February 12, 2015, 02:00 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ We trashed NZ and went into the WC11 with the best form in BD cricket history. NZ went in with **** stain in their pants. What happened? Our. Worst. WC. Camp. EVER. Happened. And that wasn't even the WC where we lost to Canada and were victim of first 3-ball hat-trick. And NZ went to Semis.

I'm not defending them for losing games. Warm up means jack to me. I'm just saving my opinions/frustrations/happiness for the real thing. Same way, I wouldn't be jumping up and down right now had we won all 4 of our games.
Old February 12, 2015, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ We trashed NZ and went into the WC11 with the best form in BD cricket history. NZ went in with **** stain in their pants. What happened? Our. Worst. WC. Camp. EVER. Happened. And that wasn't even the WC where we lost to Canada and were victim of first 3-ball hat-trick. And NZ went to Semis.

I'm not defending them for losing games. Warm up means jack to mean. I'm just saving my opinions/frustrations/happiness for the real thing. Same way, I wouldn't be jumping up and down right now had we won all 4 of our games.
And I am not venting all my frustrations here. Knowing the team, I am just stating whatever seems to be obvious. I wouldn't have jumped up and down if we had won, but I would have surely liked to think our team had adjusted down under and not gone into the first match with fear but with excitement and approached the match boldly instead of caution. The writing is on the wall. You just have to read it.
Old February 12, 2015, 02:18 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ I think you guys venting your frustrations, hence you're posting in "frustration" thread lol. You're stating the obvious but not really looking into it tho. The obvious you stated tells me they were using the warm up games to WARM UP. Just because they didn't win, doesn't mean they haven't adjusted. Same thing if they had won. I think you guys are more worried about losing these games than the team. If the their goal was experiment, which they did, then they know these loses mean nothing.

But vent/don't vent away. I'll save mine for official games.
Old February 12, 2015, 02:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
And I am not venting all my frustrations here. Knowing the team, I am just stating whatever seems to be obvious. I wouldn't have jumped up and down if we had won, but I would have surely liked to think our team had adjusted down under and not gone into the first match with fear but with excitement and approached the match boldly instead of caution. The writing is on the wall. You just have to read it.
Ya the writing is on the wall. We sucks. If you satisfied then please boycott the world cup because the writing is on the wall and use the time to sleep.
Old February 12, 2015, 02:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I am not one bit surprised. Mediocre players from number 1 to 11.
Old February 12, 2015, 02:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Bangladesh cricket team, you were a joke 10 years ago, and you're still a joke today. I was actually thinking of going to the practice match today, what a waste that would've been
Old June 3, 2018, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Vua vua ... team vua, coach vua, BCB vua
Old June 3, 2018, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Lucky its ramadhan and not got extra energy to go berserk!

Bd is pain to follow. Losing isn’t the issue its how you lose. It wasnt like they were completely out of it, one stage rrr was within. Then litton goes, mushy copies him and team toppled!!

Bd has this amazing disease one goes, others follow that too from under not huge pressure or high tensions. Bd will gift it to you. All you do is bowl at them.
Old November 2, 2021, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

6 years later ... 3 years later

Still VUA VUA VUA
Old November 2, 2021, 09:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

To rub insult to injury, here are some facts-

- Cricket is the 3rd most popular sport in Australia after Australian rules football and rugby (it's predicted to be overtaken by soccer soon). 3rd most popular in South Africa too after Rugby and soccer.

- 2nd most popular sport in England, The Carribbean and New Zealand.

- Bangladesh is the largest country by population to never have won a single Olympic medal.

This shows there are fundamental issues in sporting infrastructure and talent pipelines in Bangladesh, which prevents us from finding talented athletes. This is what happens when everyone gives their kids 3 career options - doctor, engineer or BCS cadre and then go on to think why our cricket team is so ****.

A lot of talents in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka comes from school level cricket, the likes of Dhoni and Rohit Sharma, whereas for us it's exclusively from BKSP, a pure sporting institution. Virat Kohli didn't study full time at a sporting institution, he just went to a regular public school in Delhi while going to a cricket academy.
Old November 2, 2021, 10:23 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567

This shows there are fundamental issues in sporting infrastructure and talent pipelines in Bangladesh, which prevents us from finding talented athletes. ,..
I think main problem is our "Bhaat" eating bodies are just not suited for any sports. we should just stick to writing poems about rivers
Old November 3, 2021, 01:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I think main problem is our "Bhaat" eating bodies are just not suited for any sports. we should just stick to writing poems about rivers
To be fair the Japanese eat a lot of rice and have so many good athletes, so does Eastern parts of India.

It's out mentality towards sports that needs to change. How many parents actively encourage their kids of go out and play sports every evening and not just study the whole day to get a GPA score they can brag to their pasher bashar bhabi.

How many children's cricket clubs and tournaments exist in Bangladesh? None. Nada. Zilch. India, Australia, Sri Lanka, NZ, England, SA, almost any other nations have lots of them. Anyone who wants to play cricket recreationally can, at each age and skill levels. If we can't get kids engaged in sports early we can never be good at any sport.
Old November 3, 2021, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Did we not have Nirmal ?
Old November 6, 2021, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
To be fair the Japanese eat a lot of rice and have so many good athletes
If you look at Japanese people, most are small stature people like bdeshis. However, most aren't fata$$ because in Japan it's really really hard to get a driver's license. Most people walk/ride bikes as their daily transportion, hence most Japanese people are in good health.

Our people's mentality, be it in bd or outside the country, eat like pigs and then ingest medication thinking they will get better. Walking 5 min up and down the road counts for exercise ... Can't really expect much
Old September 1, 2022, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

14 years later, still

VUA VUA VUA !
Old September 1, 2022, 05:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh = Eternal Minnows (TM).
Old September 2, 2022, 04:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Bangladesh = Eternal Minnows (TM).
similar pathetic Indians=a result of 2% condoms being ineffective

Last edited by adamnsu; September 2, 2022 at 08:47 AM..
Old September 2, 2022, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

^ that was a terrible comeback lol.
Old September 3, 2022, 02:48 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Why do you guys have to engage with this loser..ignore him..tells a lot about his life if he needs to come to a dead forum of a crap team and try to get under the skin of 2-3 people that still comes here
Old September 3, 2022, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Ar koto?

That is the question by us spectators. 14 years have passed. 22 years have passed since winning that 1999 WC match against Pakistan. Why are we still garbage?

We rank 9 in Tests, 7 in ODI and 9 in T20.

I suggest we transfer all of the seniors to the Test team and retrieve some discarded ones like Rubel for that format. All the new players should be in T20. Anyone who plays decently in either formats can then be considered for our strongest ODI format.
Old September 3, 2022, 07:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Old September 3, 2022, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

"Bhat khowar taka diya khela dekhtey aisi"