facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 24, 2022, 10:01 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Taskin, was a very talented young player, who hit a road block, he was not a crappy bowler, he became worse, but let's not forget the player before the dip

Also, his issues were not simply diet related, he said himself, it's not until fixed his fitness issues and diet issues, he realised his issues were related to his mental health.

Point being taskin didn't simply improve because of his diet, he changed a lot of things to get this improvement.
Becoming a father helped him straighten his mind. I read somewhere in his interview that after becoming a father he thought about the responsibilities and tried to do his absolute best for his baby

Old March 28, 2022, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru

As per Allen Donald, spinners will be key in the Durban Test. Provincial teams here often field three spinners. Sri Lanka won the last Test here in 2019.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...full-scorecard

The stage is set for Simon Harmer to return playing for SA. Harmer played 5 Tests for SA back in 2015, including a two Test tour to Bangladesh. He then left SA to play as a Kolpak player in English County. Now that Kolpak deals are gone due to Brexit, he's back to play for SA (along with pacer Duanne Olivier).

Harmer is renowned as an attacking offspinner and was the top wicket taker in FC cricket worldwide last year: https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...2021;type=year
Old March 28, 2022, 03:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Intro of the pacers we may face this series, though this article is few months old, before the Ind-SA series last December.

Quote:
Duanne Olivier
As the first of South Africa's Kolpak returnees to be re-selected for Tests, Olivier's challenge is to win hearts, minds and matches. Some South Africans still bear a grudge about his leaving and then answering a question about whether he wanted to play for England in the affirmative. They may forgive him if he can replicate the fuller lengths that brought him success on the county circuit in home conditions that seem to cry out for short balls. Luckily Olivier already has practice and has been playing for the Johannesburg-based Lions since his return to the South Africa set-up. He has been the standout bowler in the first-class competition so far, was recalled at the first opportunity, and is tipped to make an international comeback in this series.

Recent form: Olivier is the leading bowler in the domestic first-class competition, with 28 wickets at 11.14 and with two five-wicket hauls. He comes back into international cricket off a fairly successful run for Yorkshire over the last three years: 75 wickets in 25 matches for the county, but at a somewhat bloated average of 32.42.

Glenton Stuurman
Stuurman, who some call the next Vernon Philander, may have thought himself in line for a debut last summer but an injury just ahead of the series against Sri Lanka ruled him out. If South Africa think someone who moves the ball in subtle ways and probes outside the off stump for extended periods of time is needed to both keep India on their toes and wear them down with persistence, they may turn to Stuurman.

Lutho Sipamla
After taking ten wickets in two Tests against Sri Lanka last summer, Sipamla has been overlooked for Test series against Pakistan and West Indies, and now against India. He was left out of the touring party to the Caribbean so he could spend time playing for South Africa A, and he was their second-most prolific wicket-taker against Zimbabwe A in a series played over the winter. Sipamla made his mark on the international stage for accuracy and keeping his cool - his first 12 overs in Test cricket cost 66 runs but his next 27.5 only went for 101 and yielded two handfuls of wickets - and he is likely to be called on in future.

Recent form: Sipamla was South Africa A's leading bowler in the series against India A, taking nine wickets at a shade over 33.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/s...series-1294048

Little bit more on offspinner Simon Harmer:

Quote:
Since his last Test, across the County Championship and Bob Willis Trophy, Harmer has taken 303 wickets in 61 matches, more than any other bowler in that six-year period. He was also the leading wicket-taker in the the County Championship in 2019 and in the Bob Willis Trophy in 2020. This season, Harmer is the second-leading bowler in the domestic four-day competition, after Olivier, and has taken 27 wickets at 21.40.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/s...ealand-1298813
Old March 28, 2022, 03:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Daryn Dupavillon - As per Allen Donald, this guy can bowl all day with pace around 140 KPH.

Old April 4, 2022, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Bolods will remain bolods.
Old April 4, 2022, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Team Bangladesh

Also, no need to be sore loosers. They want to "officially complaint" against the umpires ... yet umpiring was as shoddy as this series against the Afghani team when they came to visit Bd.
Old April 4, 2022, 08:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Dafuq is the point in complaining.

There is something called a DRS system which our captain never fails in NOT using it. Mominul saves all these reviews as if he is playing a Single player game where you save all your potions and consumables 'in case you need it later'.

Doesn't help that our bowlers and WKs are hopelessly incompetent in making a judgement call to give our captain the confidence in taking a review. Us being screwed by umpire calls have always been tradition, but not utilizing the DRS system is totally on us.
Old April 4, 2022, 08:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Dafuq is the point in complaining.

There is something called a DRS system which our captain never fails in NOT using it. Mominul saves all these reviews as if he is playing a Single player game where you save all your potions and consumables 'in case you need it later'.

Doesn't help that our bowlers and WKs are hopelessly incompetent in making a judgement call to give our captain the confidence in taking a review. Us being screwed by umpire calls have always been tradition, but not utilizing the DRS system is totally on us.
Old April 4, 2022, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

^ another thing that really baffles me is that mushfiq is seriously out of form with the bat. Instead of batting Liton, who seems to be in great touch with the bat, higher up the order, and giving the gloves to Mushfiq, they did the opposite. I don't understand this.
Old April 7, 2022, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Domingo, senior players and the fracture in Bangladesh dressing room
Quote:
Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hasan, who is utterly disappointed with the way things turned out at Kingsmead, admitted to Cricbuzz on Tuesday that Domingo suggested batting first after winning the toss but a couple of seniors vetoed against it and eventually got what they wished.

''It's difficult to say without sitting face to face with them. I know both coaches (Domingo and Donald) briefed them about the wicket and suggested it will be difficult to bat in the latter parts of the game as it would turn. There is Khaled Mahmud and Jalal bhai (BCB cricket operation chairman), so what can I say,'' said Nazmul.

''Certainly they (South African coaching staff) would know better about their own conditions. I heard Mominul said that it is his own decision. I know some senior batsmen said that they did not want to bat first and that has been the case for a while. Perhaps he listened to them (seniors) as he will be playing with them in the team. What can I do? I don't have anything to say. And Tamim was out at the last moment but still I feel they could have changed the decision (and batted first).

''Certainly (it looks odd when we are not taking South Africans onboard) in their own den. If we don't get out of this problem (not giving importance to the coach's views), then we will have more problems in future. Whenever I talk to the coach there is a huge difference (in opinion between some players and the coach). I think we all have to sit but what I have learnt is that things have improved a lot from what it was before (in the dressing room) but with this decision (ignoring coaches suggestion regarding batting first) I am not sure what is happening.

''Certainly (I will tell them to make sure that coaches' consent should be taken into consideration). They told me that the problem is solved (about coach) and everything was alright when we played here but it (problem) is happening more when they are going abroad and we need to change that,'' he added.

Nazmul said that he feels sorry for Domingo as he is made the scapegoat after every debacle while adding that he is well aware certain players are not comfortable with Domingo around.

''I think we are trying to make him a scapegoat for nothing (whenever we are doing badly),'' said Nazmul. ''Do they (some cricketers) listen to him? I want to know do they really listen to what they are saying? All those who are listening to him are developing. If I call 15 cricketers, I can put it in writing that at least 11 players will say he is an excellent coach.

''There are two or three cricketers who will say otherwise and they don't take anything from him. Those who are not taking anything from the coach, what is the point of asking them because I have to listen to cricketers who are working with him When they come I will solve everything by sitting with everyone in front of the coach."
Old April 7, 2022, 09:53 PM
Cricket Guru

A series win and Mominul and co. think they are some sort of legends of the games that they don't need to listen to the native coaching staff on how the pitch will behave

These guys can't even read their own home conditions lmao
Old April 7, 2022, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Did these losers complain about the South Africa team and how they Sledge them? Seriously, bunch of midgets gets emotional about everything ... Grow a pair