facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 4, 2021, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Hope none of you stayed awake to watch this crap. Expected performance from these soopastars.

Old November 4, 2021, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

These seniors have been around for a while and if things are not according to their likes and dislikes, they show results on the field. Mushy has not played well since gloves were taken off him.
Old November 4, 2021, 07:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Why is the Under-19 team that won us our first ever major international sporting trophy been mostly put on the sidelines since then?

How the **** does the likes of Soumya, Litton, Mithun keep getting chances up on chances despite abysmal recent performances? If these are in fact the best batsman our domestic cricket can produce we don't deserve full membership, 21 years wasted and next to nothing achieved.

Clueless coaching staff, selectors and most of all board management.

Being a Bangladesh cricket fan is really unhealthy, it's almost like a toxic, abusive relationship.
Old November 4, 2021, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

The U19 team guys are now no longer 19. Apparently, they are part of the A team or Akram chacchu's High performance team.
Old November 4, 2021, 08:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

And the worst is when you become addicted to it. It’s really difficult to stay away from Bd cricket no matter how many times you swear not to because of the love for our country. I hope for the sake of us they take some bold decisions even if it’s to sack most of them because we want results as mash said in an interview this team has matured enough and don’t need any experiments by the new coaches but to take it forward.

Our players have the skills for this level it’s the brain they are lacking because batsmen keep choosing the wrong shots at the wrong time to get out and the bowlers bowling the wrong ball and the less you talk about the fielding the better.. I think we need local coaches to understand the psychology of our players better
Old November 4, 2021, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Ohh look at the post match conference. So much attitude from mushfiq, Shakib and Riad previously. After getting slapped left and right on the field, mellowed down lmaoo. Bunch of spineless loosers
Old November 4, 2021, 05:02 PM
Test Cricketer

This is Mashrafe's take on the situation, interesting read.

"Bangladesh team management at present resembles a rehab center for South African coaches out of a job to rehabilitate themselves by working."

https://www.unb.com.bd/category/Spor...mashrafe/81216

I am in two minds about this, since Dav Whatmore and Jamie Siddons I don't think I have observed any noticeable improvements to the team over the last 10 years despite changing coaches every year or two. Hathurusingha just had a lucky 2015 CWC campaign, the team performed well despite all expectations (back when people were saying Soumya was the next Rahul Dravid, Shabbir was our Maxwell ).
Old November 4, 2021, 07:28 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Under Stuart Law, we were the best.
Old November 5, 2021, 04:41 AM
Cricket Legend

বাংলাদেশের খেলা দেখলে এই কাহিনী মনে পড়ে:

পরীক্ষার হলে কথা বলার কারণে স্যার এক ছাত্রের খাতা নিয়ে গিয়েছিলো।

ছাত্র: স্যার খাতা দেন
স্যার: তুই খাতা নিয়ে কি করবি, আমি তো দেখতেসি তুই কিছু পারস না

বাংলাদেশের খেলার এই হাল। খেলা তো কিছু পারে না, কিন্তু জিততে পারি বা আয়নাতে মুখ দেখেন, এইরকম ভাব নেয়। এসব দেমাক দেখানোর মানে টা কি? ছাল নাই কুত্তার বাঘা নাম। যত্তসব।
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Last edited by ToBeFair; November 5, 2021 at 02:02 PM..
Old November 5, 2021, 05:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Posting after long time. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we nurtured a group of players during Richard McInnes's first tenure for U-19 and A team and that has been laying the golden eggs since then. Most from this group will retire soon. Unfortunately very few technically able players have come up since then. Be wary of our cricket future.

Conspiracy theories:
1. Players have teamed up to play very bad so that the PM can get rid of Papon.
2. Players are told by Papon to play bad so that he can get rid of the coach.
Old November 5, 2021, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

3. Ami ekhon billionaire, amar koyekta bebsha asey. Kheltey hobey? Dhurr. Thik asey, ki korar, giye ektu bat dhila dhili korey choley ashi. Firey ashar por bebshar ki hoitesey, ota dekhtey hobey.
Old November 5, 2021, 09:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

WARNING - a long read, but this shows how India has been doing it.
https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/st...-have-a-system

Unfortunately, even the picnic 1st class cricket we have every year has to be arranged by Dhaka-based BCB. We do not have Rajshahi/Chittagong/Sylhet Cricket Boards.
Old November 5, 2021, 01:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Saber H Chowdhury | সাবের হোসেন চৌধুরী (@saberhc) Tweeted:
Bangladesh 🇧🇩 has now played 4 World Cups under Mr Papon, things have gone bad to worse. Longest serving President has also been the most incompetent. Its always someone else’s fault as he has run our cricket to the ground. Shame that we have a shameless @BCBtigers. #T20WorldCup

https://twitter.com/saberhc/status/1...858653187?s=20

I think Bd needs someone like him in BCB 👍
Old November 5, 2021, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDaMartian
Posting after long time. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we nurtured a group of players during Richard McInnes's first tenure for U-19 and A team and that has been laying the golden eggs since then. Most from this group will retire soon. Unfortunately very few technically able players have come up since then. Be wary of our cricket future.

Conspiracy theories:
1. Players have teamed up to play very bad so that the PM can get rid of Papon.
2. Players are told by Papon to play bad so that he can get rid of the coach.
I don't for a second believe that all our players who play in U-19 tournaments are actually under 19. It's common to falsify age in Bangladeshi birth certificates (common practice in South Asia afaik), putting it 2 years forward. This was historically done because of mandatory retirement age in government jobs, so if you appeared younger you get to work longer before retiring.

So we have most likely always played 20-22 year olds as under-19s, which explains why we do so good in age-level tournaments specially against SENA countries/ WI but so poorly as a part of the national team.
Old November 5, 2021, 07:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
I don't for a second believe that all our players who play in U-19 tournaments are actually under 19. It's common to falsify age in Bangladeshi birth certificates (common practice in South Asia afaik), putting it 2 years forward. This was historically done because of mandatory retirement age in government jobs, so if you appeared younger you get to work longer before retiring.

So we have most likely always played 20-22 year olds as under-19s, which explains why we do so good in age-level tournaments specially against SENA countries/ WI but so poorly as a part of the national team.
An interesting critical piece on overage cricketers in age level tournaments, with an argument that India U19 should be stripped of a world cup title if any of their team is overage - which was the case just a couple of years ago. The article also contains icc rules on age violations and who bears responsibility for checking: https://scroll.in/field/948563/if-ma...orld-champions
Old November 6, 2021, 03:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
An interesting critical piece on overage cricketers in age level tournaments, with an argument that India U19 should be stripped of a world cup title if any of their team is overage - which was the case just a couple of years ago. The article also contains icc rules on age violations and who bears responsibility for checking: https://scroll.in/field/948563/if-ma...orld-champions
In the 1990, a BKSP team played in Gothia Cup in Sweden, an under-14 football tournament where we beat a top German football academy 7-0, and a top Brazilian football academy in the finals where footballing greats like Zé Roberto and Baptista started their careers in, we beat them by 6-0.

There were talks right afterwards, people were dreaming of seeing Bangladesh in the FIFA World Cup. But the reality hit hard when BTV broadcasted the game. The age difference between our players and theirs were too inconspicuous to ignore. Many appeared 17-18 years old, while the Brazilians we played against were just children.
Old November 6, 2021, 04:55 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
In the 1990, a BKSP team played in Gothia Cup in Sweden, an under-14 football tournament where we beat a top German football academy 7-0, and a top Brazilian football academy in the finals where footballing greats like Zé Roberto and Baptista started their careers in, we beat them by 6-0.

There were talks right afterwards, people were dreaming of seeing Bangladesh in the FIFA World Cup. But the reality hit hard when BTV broadcasted the game. The age difference between our players and theirs were too inconspicuous to ignore. Many appeared 17-18 years old, while the Brazilians we played against were just children.
Interesting anecdote! I wonder if testing has been introduced since then as the stakes may be quite high in some cases?
Old November 6, 2021, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Windies just lost their last match so looks as if we won’t have to play qualifiers for the next T20 World Cup. Every cloud …
Old November 7, 2021, 07:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

What I meant to say that players from the U-19/A teams from Richard McInnes era have been the mainstay of the national team since then. Not many new players were developed after that. This batch of players are close their expire date and the pipeline of international-level players is dry like Sahara desert.

We have had the issue of over-age players doing better in age-level matches. If 4-5 of these over-aged u-19 can compete for BD in national team, I will be happy, although I know that at the age 30 their body will sing the song of a 35 yr old but as long as the player can server BD well for 7-8 years, that is enough. Problem is lack of young talent capable to sustain senior-level cricket.
Old November 10, 2021, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDaMartian
What I meant to say that players from the U-19/A teams from Richard McInnes era have been the mainstay of the national team since then. Not many new players were developed after that. This batch of players are close their expire date and the pipeline of international-level players is dry like Sahara desert.

We have had the issue of over-age players doing better in age-level matches. If 4-5 of these over-aged u-19 can compete for BD in national team, I will be happy, although I know that at the age 30 their body will sing the song of a 35 yr old but as long as the player can server BD well for 7-8 years, that is enough. Problem is lack of young talent capable to sustain senior-level cricket.
I can't even imagine what Bangladesh cricket team will be like across all formats without Mahmudullah, Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq given just how terrible we are at the moment with them. They still end up carrying the team in their mid-late 30s FFS!!

Besides Mustafiz and Mominul for our test squad I feel like every other contracted players for the national team are expendable.