facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 23, 2021, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot
Default Stadium pics from BD vs Oman

There was a long walk to the gates and a huge queue outside. People had arrived with duplicate tickets. Bags were also thoroughly checked.

The stadium was packed.
Most were Indians cheering for their expat Indian+Pakistani Omani team. All stewards were Pakistanis.

Sitting at the front was a mistake. People kept walking in front for food & drinks or toilet breaks.
The Indian DJ needed a slap. He kept playing Indian songs. Only once did we hear Char chokka hoi hoi. He was also repeatedly asking the spectators to do mexican waves ( everyone ignored him ) and asking the crowd in Hindi - Jeetega bhai jeetaga, koun jitega ?
There were also some Omani singers and dancers near us who kept performing non-stop for the whole match!

There was a short innings break and everyone rushed for food & drinks. These Indians were not queuing up and everyone was rushing in to place their orders.

There was a fight few rows behind us and the drone was fixated on that fight. We are not sure what happened but the police led away couple of people. Those of us sitting at the front were told to keep it down as a family few rows behind us did not like it when we cheered for the BD team.

Almost all the Bangladeshis who came were sromiks and it's impressive how they spent so much money and came with flags and kit to support our team. Does our lacklustre team care about them ?

The highlight of the match for me was when Shoriful was running to the batsmen in the middle with a few water bottles and this guy behind me yelled PANIIIII as if he was dying of thirst. Shoriful was so shocked that he stood still , looked at the guy and threw him a bottle of water.

I am still trying to find myself in the crowd from the recordings of the live telecast.

IMG-20211019-183547935

IMG-20211019-183549737

IMG-20211019-183552904-HDR

IMG-20211019-192802733

IMG-20211019-192807434

IMG-20211019-192813701

IMG-20211019-192816853

IMG-20211019-192827452

IMG-20211019-202715893

IMG-20211019-211504406

IMG-20211019-211525022

IMG-20211019-211528692

IMG-20211019-221228092

position

Old October 23, 2021, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Old October 24, 2021, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. That's awesome. You are right, I can see how the game would become a typical subcontinent type of game. That "jeetega bhai jeetaga " i think is Indian crowd chant for their team. I can't believe someone told you to keep it down. I actually saw similar thing in a BD vs Pakistan game where a pakistani fan started chanting and working the crowd up - but he was chanting for a local pak leader who was visiting - so I get it why the police need to tell him to shut it.

I dont' know if cricket in general have any rules on the decibal level of fan's loudness that can be enforced. Like tennis has an expectation the crowd keep silent while the game is on.

In 2018 FIFA world cup - No skin for spectators was a rule . It's pretty normal south american fans to sometimes take their shirt off and swirl it in the air while chanting. In one of the matches I went, the guy in front of me was doing it - and a russian police came to warn him to put his shirt on. the fan gave a wtf look but had to comply. I thought it was an unncessary silly enforcement. So i don't know when u guys got the warning if it was justified or they doing it at whim.

I think only place i haven't experienced any of these issues are in games i attneded in United states. lol The worst stadium experience i had was in Dhaka as a visitor to the coutnry. I was actually scared and felt unsafe and got the f out of their 30 mins before the game was up realizing game is already done. And I am a guy who speak the language and support the same team. But man some of those fans are out there in the head... I think that environnment is completely off for any girl fans. they will face harrassment and abuse.
Old October 24, 2021, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. That's awesome. You are right, I can see how the game would become a typical subcontinent type of game. That "jeetega bhai jeetaga " i think is Indian crowd chant for their team. I can't believe someone told you to keep it down. I actually saw similar thing in a BD vs Pakistan game where a pakistani fan started chanting and working the crowd up - but he was chanting for a local pak leader who was visiting - so I get it why the police need to tell him to shut it.

I dont' know if cricket in general have any rules on the decibal level of fan's loudness that can be enforced. Like tennis has an expectation the crowd keep silent while the game is on.

In 2018 FIFA world cup - No skin for spectators was a rule . It's pretty normal south american fans to sometimes take their shirt off and swirl it in the air while chanting. In one of the matches I went, the guy in front of me was doing it - and a russian police came to warn him to put his shirt on. the fan gave a wtf look but had to comply. I thought it was an unncessary silly enforcement. So i don't know when u guys got the warning if it was justified or they doing it at whim.

I think only place i haven't experienced any of these issues are in games i attneded in United states. lol The worst stadium experience i had was in Dhaka as a visitor to the coutnry. I was actually scared and felt unsafe and got the f out of their 30 mins before the game was up realizing game is already done. And I am a guy who speak the language and support the same team. But man some of those fans are out there in the head... I think that environnment is completely off for any girl fans. they will face harrassment and abuse.

The Indian DJ mysteriously disappeared in the end when BD was choking Oman. Indians also started disappearing one by one as I had to stand to be able to see the action in the middle.

The guys in the front incl. me didn't o anything wrong. Whenever our soopastars scored a six or a four, we just got up and clapped.

The stadium itself was in the middle of nowhere among mountains. On the way back, I used the local OTaxi app and the driver said he was 20 mins. away. In the end, I flagged down a taxi on the road and the driver at one point was driving without his hands on the wheel and using Whatsapp on his phone!
Old October 24, 2021, 09:22 PM

Ha! Ha!! Interesting experience