facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 23, 2016, 04:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I've been saying it for years, riyad has the talent, he's good at getting starts but his lack of ability to play big innings has hurt the team so if someone comes along who can do that consistently then his position in the team becomes in question a bit more. I'm not saying he can't be a really good test batsman and hold onto his spot but it's going to come down to scoring runs and playing big innings and if someone comes into the team and does that better than him then of course his position will be questioned.

Forget his bowling for the moment, he's not utilised enough in test cricket for his bowling to be much of a factor in his selection, plus most of the other contenders atm can bowl a bit anyway (sabbir, soumya, mosaddek, nasir).

Last edited by Gowza; October 24, 2016 at 12:35 AM..

Old October 23, 2016, 09:09 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Riyad being one our best batsmen at test ? That's laughable. Average of less than 32, 12 50s, 1 ton, in 50 innings.

What technique are you talking about? Did you see the eay he fot out 2nd innings?
It wasn't a ball like mushy had or anything. It seems from reply, Riyad lost balance, walked into the shot; straight fullish ball of batty. Couldn't defend that. It wasn't like as if it was proper rank turner, unplayable.

Coming back to him being one our best batsmen at this format?
What has he done of note last 4years in test cricket?
Please share some light on this matter.
I simply do not understand the relentless attack on our core players. It started with Mashrafi.. that he was useless as a bowler and we shouldnt keep him just because he is a good captain. Then Soumia and Mushy came under fire and now Ryad. Mominul's spot also seems up for grabs and Tamim is under constant attack anyways. We are where we are because we persisted with these guys and they are delivering. Our recent performance is proof of that. Out of all the international teams we have a great group of young players who are vastly experienced at this point and to drop these guys and start with someone new because new player looks good in one innings will be disastrous to the progress we have made. Sri Lanka is still struggling after the retirement of Sanga, Mahela and co. You just can't pull international quality players out of a hat. We have invested a lot of years on these players to bring them up to this point.

If you don't think Ryad has a good technique then go and revisit the strokes he played in WC. If my memory hasn't failed me, he has played a good innings vs SA last series too. He has started to deliver for us in the last two years after years of ordinary performances which is why his stats are still low. That is the same with Mushfiq.

Some of you have the same attitude as billionaires have with their wives... the perpetual tenancy to switch to the next hot 18 yr old. We can have this conversation once the NZ series is over. He will go there whether you like it or not
Old October 23, 2016, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

even the thought of dropping riyad from any format is a very laughable conversation to have. His experience will always trump any youngster no matter how many runs that youngster is scoring in FC.
Old October 23, 2016, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Add Shafiul to the list
Old October 23, 2016, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Our tail was supposed to wag but apart from taijul no one scoeed any runs

Kamrul, mehedi and Shafiul scored 4 runs in 6 innings between them
Old October 23, 2016, 11:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

The world is full of idiots!
The team we played with had 9 players basically up against very good 11 English players. We showed tremendous resolute to reach this far. Don't you worry though, the selectors will get it right in the upcoming test match only to show what could have been. Shafiul did not deserve to play. Rabbi is a dumb decision but not more than Shafiul. The dumb test captain and his bowler rotation policy should be examined again and again. We need a new captain for sure.

Reason we are doing so well in ODI is because Mashrafe uses and utilizes everyone in the squad and makes it a team effort, so when the team goes out to the field everyone has a role. Shafiul and Kamrul were not given any roles. I missed the Fizz and Taskin the most in bowling and Mashrafe as a captain.

Credit to the English bowlers, specially Stokes who beautifully reversed the ball. Those deliveries were vicious and quite unplayable in my books. Once the ball started reversing like that we had no chance and that's why I said again again we needed to score between overs 15-40 heavily. Something that did not really happen.

Bottom line is you can't win test matches with weak links. You just can't, specially when your opposition is so strong. Everyone in the English squad had a role and contributed. What was Shafiul or Kamrul Rabbi's contribution? KR had a pair for god's sake on debut. We basically got this far with 9 players, imagine what would happen if we had a full 11.

Shabbir shouldn't have taken that single off the last ball but boy he is such a talent. Love to see him play and if we had won this that would have made us a hell lot more stronger but we still have a match to play and I urge the team selectors to get it right this time and bring in Jubair, Rubel and Alamin in place of Shafiul, Rab and Taijul. Don't disappoint us all the freaking time.

Also time for Mushfique to give the captaincy to someone else. Enough of mediocrity.
Old October 23, 2016, 11:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

There's a saying, you are only as strong as your weakest link.
Old October 24, 2016, 05:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

In the early days when our test cricket was at infancy stage, ever player was a passenger.

As of recent we have managed to bring into the squad a good number of players, while we get 30% of passengers just happy to be selected in the team.

My principle is we should NEVER bring back know passengers in the team who have failed in the past. Shaiful and Mosharaf were really poor decisions and doesnt actually help the squad.
Old October 24, 2016, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

What's with the love of jubair, he's not that good
Old October 24, 2016, 07:17 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree with tiger1000

He is not performing in domestics, his fitness is also poor. Atleast Anamul, Al AMIN are performing in domestics.
Old October 24, 2016, 07:24 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

There has been many instance of domestic bully in world cricket,who sucked internationaly..and there are some players who doesn't do good in FC but is very good in international matches..one example is our own shakib

Now the qus is does jubair fall in shakib's category?

His SR in test is 44..our next best is shakib with 63
Old October 24, 2016, 07:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
There has been many instance of domestic bully in world cricket,who sucked internationaly..and there are some players who doesn't do good in FC but is very good in international matches..one example is our own shakib

Now the qus is does jubair fall in shakib's category?

His SR in test is 44..our next best is shakib with 63
It is really tough to have good control over wrist spin. It needs a lot of practice.

The tone I have found in Hathuru's words is he is pissed off at the attitude of Jubair. Hathuru is a person who wants to have good control over the players. Jubair probably doesn't care much about the guidelines given to him. The result is expected.

You cannot piss off your boss!
Old October 24, 2016, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Even if he can perform internationally, if he cannot get picked for domestic teams then it means there is serious issue with him
Old October 24, 2016, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Even if he can perform internationally, if he cannot get picked for domestic teams then it means there is serious issue with him
If he performs in International games, why does it matter what he does or does not do in domestics?
Old October 24, 2016, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
If he performs in International games, why does it matter what he does or does not do in domestics?
And why should management pick a player is

-unfit
-not working hard enough
-not having anything of note in domestics

The last reason is is also because of the first 2. I am of the opinion that international side is not the place for trial and error. It is the place only for solid investment with both immediate and long term benefit.

Obviously, if he performs well for us in internationals, nothing else matters. But he needs to show he is good enough to represent us in the international stage
Old November 4, 2016, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Well well well.. time to revamp this thread.

No surprise to keep our consistency we have selected a few known passangers by sacrificing proven performers.

This list is growing now.
Hom- certified passanger
S Roy- Unknown
Taijul- he did play one single gaime in NZ but mostly abandoned. Why do we nned so many spinners in this conditions.
Shafiul- not better than AA and Rubel.
Old November 4, 2016, 08:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Hom impressed me in the last England match...I was always against him but now I have had a change of heart. His batting technique is not that different from Riyad.
Old November 4, 2016, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Hom's technique is nothing like that of Riad. Riad is technically solid.

Hom's footwork is similar to that of Anamul
Old November 4, 2016, 09:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Hom impressed me in the last England match...I was always against him but now I have had a change of heart. His batting technique is not that different from Riyad.
His batting is aweful. He bowled lots of half trackers and short pitch balls. How the hell he is selected for nz tour is beyond my imagination. We needed a genuine pacer. Hom is as rubbish as forhard reza,If not worst.
Old November 4, 2016, 10:19 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

To quote Alfred " Never."
Old November 5, 2016, 02:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

BCB keep picking tried and tested players who have failed miserably in the past giving another chance after a long break like Mosha and Shafiul. This is like shooting ones leg again. Can't understand why it's done.

Once you put something in the dustbin do you really need to pick up that same garbage again?
Old November 5, 2016, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

my answer is also--NEVER