facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 15, 2019, 05:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Wish Ebadot had some swing!

Old November 15, 2019, 05:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Our best spinners are trash. India is not counting them at all.
Old November 15, 2019, 05:28 AM
Cricket Guru

No close in fielder's and we are expecting to get wickets in test.
Old November 15, 2019, 05:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Taijul and Miraz are test bowlers! My foot!!
Old November 15, 2019, 05:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Only 2 close-in fielders for the new man!
Old November 15, 2019, 06:53 AM
Cricket Guru

T10 at its best.
Old November 15, 2019, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Taijul seemed to be lost some of his form or its the pitch, he does maintain the line but gives one or two hit me ball. Wish he could turn more, Miraz becoming ordinary again and also dont see that temperment in batting. Ebadot needs to learn and play more he could have worked more on trying out fuller but teasing line length or add some swing. We are producing one dimensional bowlers. Their learning, applying the basics and execution skills are not developing at a rate that would have ideal in this level of cricket. Blame them for this lacking but also we play tests once in a blue moon.
Old November 15, 2019, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Taijul was always been mediocre, he always got this wickets through attrition after the opposition has scored 400+
Old November 15, 2019, 08:51 AM
Cricket Savant

To those who used to bicker "how come India doesn't invite us to tour them but all countries have?" I sure as hope to &*^& you got your response.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 15, 2019, 09:08 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virender Sehwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
If you want to be differentiated maybe don't all think and sound the same. Disconnect from the hivemind.
"you all look the same" "sound the same" - more bigoted personal attacks when inaccurate claims got challenged. Would you like it if others tarred you with similar stereotypes about bengali fans? No wonder this forum is like an abandoned backalley in Detroit with a handful of folks talking to each other. Great attitude.

Get well soon. I'm done wasting my time on you.
Old November 15, 2019, 09:10 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virender Sehwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
To those who used to bicker "how come India doesn't invite us to tour them but all countries have?" I sure as hope to &*^& you got your response.
This is 2nd test tour by Bangladesh to India in a handful of years. When is Bangladesh playing a test series in Australia? Or England?
Old November 15, 2019, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Remember folks Imrul dropped Agarwal early. I'm a bit flabbergasted as to why Imrul Kayes got picked over Soumya. He has to be the worst fielder in the team.
Old November 15, 2019, 10:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
Remember folks Imrul dropped Agarwal early. I'm a bit flabbergasted as to why Imrul Kayes got picked over Soumya. He has to be the worst fielder in the team.
OHH I totally forgot that..turning point of the match..KaEdge baba nijeo edgy and aei Edge tao dorte parlona...wish he could have score even 1/3 of that run that Agarwal scored
Old November 15, 2019, 04:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker101
"you all look the same" "sound the same" - more bigoted personal attacks when inaccurate claims got challenged. Would you like it if others tarred you with similar stereotypes about bengali fans? No wonder this forum is like an abandoned backalley in Detroit with a handful of folks talking to each other. Great attitude.

Get well soon. I'm done wasting my time on you.
Another monoclonal copy paste reply!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 15, 2019, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Few things to note:

Tamim and Shakib's experience is missed sorely. Tamim is a good test batsman for us and he is sorely missed at the top of the order.

Taijul is a good bowler who maintains tight lines. But in this test match he was bowling poor. I was surprised Mominul didn't bowl himself instead.

These right handed Indian batsman will eat up Mehedy's offies all day, that doesn't mean Mehedy is a bad bowler. But yes Mehedy is very poor in picking up wickets on flat pitches. This is evident with ODIs as well. He isn't even a wicket taker, he is more of an economical bowler.

A good call IMO if we are focused in having a spinner who can get wickets is to bring in Nayeem Hasan for flat pitches.

Our pacers have been ok, we just lack a spearhead pacer who can penetrate batsmen. It literally takes one such bowler to change the dynamics of a team.

Indian bowlers were superb with their swing bowling, credit to them. Their bowlers are very skillful. They did their homework. They bowled full pitched outswingers to Mushfiqur, and Mushfiqur was struggling.

Not sure why Mithun is in the test team. About time BCB really look at the regular domestic performers like Naeem Islam or even a Tushar Imran to bat at 4.

Yes there is a lot of work required in our test team, but it isn't the end of the world. We just need a bit more planning from our end.

I'd be tempted to try out this order for the 2nd innings with Liton playing counterattack and putting the Indian bowlers under the pump.

1. Shadman
2. Liton
3. Imrul
4. Mominul
5. Mushfiqur
6. Riyad
7. Mithun
Old November 15, 2019, 09:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Same old, same old. Bangladesh fails in a test and everyone starts the selection game- drop him, pick him. When will we come to the senses? It doesn't matter who played, the result would have been same. Okay may be it would have been little less embarrassing if Shakib and Tamim played but not by much. The overall state of cricket is in gutter, or anything else for that matter. We forgot the issues that came up in players' strike just few weeks ago. When you have an administration like that, what can you expect. I always thought BD cricketers have overachieved given the way cricket affairs is managed in the country. We have been the bottom ranked team forever for a reason. That's why I am a firm believer in a two tier system with relegation and promotion. We are glued to this match beauce our team is playing. The difference in quality between two teams doesn't warrant any attention. Indian population is cricket crazy, so they will follow their team anyway but if it was England or Australia they would lose hell lot of money inviting Bangladesh.
Old November 15, 2019, 09:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
Same old, same old. Bangladesh fails in a test and everyone starts the selection game- drop him, pick him. When will we come to the senses? It doesn't matter who played, the result would have been same. Okay may be it would have been little less embarrassing if Shakib and Tamim played but not by much. The overall state of cricket is in gutter, or anything else for that matter. We forgot the issues that came up in players' strike just few weeks ago. When you have an administration like that, what can you expect. I always thought BD cricketers have overachieved given the way cricket affairs is managed in the country. We have been the bottom ranked team forever for a reason. That's why I am a firm believer in a two tier system with relegation and promotion. We are glued to this match beauce our team is playing. The difference in quality between two teams doesn't warrant any attention. Indian population is cricket crazy, so they will follow their team anyway but if it was England or Australia they would lose hell lot of money inviting Bangladesh.
Well said brother...
Old November 15, 2019, 11:27 PM
Cricket Guru

The senior idiot Kayedge is bowled. He couldn't edge today, it is straight through the gates.
Old November 15, 2019, 11:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Still can't say we have had enough of kaedge
Old November 16, 2019, 12:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

How many still think the toss decision would make a significant difference? This pitch looked dead when we bowled, but looks a minefield when India is bowling. Much the same in the Afghan Test couple months ago.

Our seamers (only 2 vs India's 3) are merely honest bowlers. Jayed can swing it, but his lack of pace (125-130 kph) means he will also leak boundaries. Not a problem as long as he takes wickets. But he won't run through a lineup, nor will he scare opposition batsman. Ebadat has good control and decent pace. Again not express, so won't scare anyone per se. But he will need to either swing/seam the ball or get the ball to reverse and I don't think he did either in this match. Khaled is probably the next seamer in line since Fizz is neither fit enough nor seems to care about Tests. Khaled is at this point just a line/length pacer. Yes, the 3 Sylhetis are an improvement over the Shahadat/Rubel/Shafiul days. But they will not get much meaningful success against top 4-5 teams, unless they improve significantly. Plus you have to factor whatever chances they create...65% will be dropped by our slip fielders.

By contrast look at India's seamers. None of them may be express, but All of them can bowl consistently around 140 which is all the pace you need. Almost all of them can bowl conventional swing, reverse swing, and bowl the right areas as well. They are right up there with Australia as the best pace attack in the world right now.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 16, 2019, 12:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Drop Imrul Kayes. Honestly for people who complain about SS or Liton as openers - had enough of KaEdge?

We really don't have much alternatives.
Old November 16, 2019, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

drop mithun and imrul for the sake of humanity
Old November 16, 2019, 12:33 AM
Cricket Guru

I wish we are going to be more humiliated in Kolkata. PM will be physically present there and hopefully she will have to think about making some changes in the way our cricket is being run.
Old November 16, 2019, 02:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

liton is such a talented guy but his dismissals are always disgusting. i wish he matured up in his brain.

mullah, kayes and mithun should be nowhere in test team. this should be their end.
Old November 16, 2019, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

what a gem of shots from this Litton, only regret he doesn’t value his wicket