facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2018, 09:17 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Based on the squad, the top squad should be,

Liton
Mithun
Shanto
Mushy
Riyad
Ariful
Miraz
Mash
Nazmul
Rony
Fizz

And then sub in Rubel for Fizz for atleast 1 game or even 2 if they plan to play him in both tests although I would highly recommend not to

Old October 11, 2018, 09:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq

Liton
Mithun
Shanto
Mushy
Riyad
Ariful
Miraz
Mash
Nazmul
Rony
Fizz

And then sub in Rubel for Fizz for atleast 1 game or even 2 if they plan to play him in both tests although I would highly recommend not to
I like this squad. I want Sarkar as 12th man. His fielding, one or two catches, stops opponent from scoring a big one.

What happened to our other spinners? SLA's? We had a load of them. Aren't they any good now?
Old October 11, 2018, 09:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
best time to bring back some senior and introduce some new comer in the test match against zimbabwe
assuming senior 5 will be rested along with mustafiz and rubel (both were playing lots of matches)

my squad against zim in test

Liton
shadman Islam/ Rony Talukder/ Fazle mahmud
Mominul
Tushar
naeem islam
jahurul Islam/ ariful
soumya sarker/afif Hossain
sohag gazi/enamul hauque
Miraz/ taijul/arafat sunny
abu zayed
kamrul islam rabbi/ shafiul/shubhashsis/mohammed shahid
I like your squad for Test. It matches almost what I selected. LKD is the WK and Mominul captains. I will not pick Sunny or Taijul over Miraz though. Zahurul or preferably Ash can take over Ariful. I prefer Mizanur over Roni. Instead of Shahid/Shubhashis/Rabbi, Shahadat should be given the chance. Captaincy can also switch to Ash but then haters will be allover the place, so don't want a nationwide revolution
Old October 11, 2018, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Wtv happed to Junaid Siddiqui? Did he get better?
Old October 11, 2018, 10:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I'll rest Mustafizur for the test series, but he has to play the ODI series considering we are short of top players due to injuries otherwise we're likely to lose. I'm not a fan of Shanto. He hasn't done anything to warrant a place in the squad. It's too early for him. In that final against India, I liked how they put Mehedi at the top, and I will continue to slot him there followed by Kayes, Mushfiqur, Mithun etc.
Old October 11, 2018, 11:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Don’t see a need for nurul in short formats when Liton, mushy and mithun are already there and can all keep.

Mosaddek has been unlucky like any other youngsters, he’s been picked in and out of position, been dropped and brought back (although he has had a more consistent run than most in ODIs). I think the bottom line is mosaddek can’t play lower than 5 and preferably it’s higher than that until he develops his power game but the the question is should he be picked ahead of the players being picked in the top 4? I’d say they could’ve picked him over shanto for Asia cup but they didn’t and they brought shanto in so now shanto deserves his extended run. Mosa has had 24 matches and his average keeps going down similar to soumya but soumya actually showed something early on whereas mosa hasn’t done that so far. He’s got one 50 which is a not out which is propping up his average, his strike rate has gone down to 78 when it used to be over 90 (and he’s been playing lower/middle order mostly).

I know I know similar things can be said about other youngsters, Liton looked dire until his ton but difference with mosa is that we all for the most part agree he should be batting top 4 (some are ok with him at 5) but there isn’t really room for him, especially when you consider he isn’t an opener and shanto is very clearly the more experienced #3 and is already around the team combined with shakib having been the number 3 for the team recently, 4 his probably the only place to put him but with imrul coming back there just isn’t really room in the top 4 unless they change something and right now (WC in mind) they should be stabilising the team and finding players for the weak spots rather than rearranging the whole batting order for one player.

Also the imrul issue is should he bat top order or middle, imo middle order if he plays since that’s where he cameback and scored runs, we didn’t like him up top, otherwise he should’ve been in the original WC squad and opening ahead of Liton and shanto once Tamim was out injured.
I hope Liton never keeps for the national team. Seeing him against Pakistan in the Asia Cup was enough for me. He is good on the slips but not behind the stumps.
Old October 11, 2018, 11:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Yea that's a thought but I feel like with Saifuddin and Ariful in the side and Miraz batting well... They may have Riyad bat at no.5 to accomodate 6-7-8 to those players. Our top order has been a bigger issue and they will probably push mushy and Riyad up to avoid an early collapse.... That's just my thought though...
That would put 4 pacers in the squad and Rubel is doing quite well this year, thus don't see any reason for him to be dropped. Also, if one pacer is dropped then Abu Hider is next in line. We lack a left arm spinner and one who can bat as well will probably be looked at (for which Fazle Rabbi is selected).
Old October 11, 2018, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

selecting Fazle Mahmud as an all rounder is a lame excuse, he is a very very very part timer. In 80 matches he got 27 wicket, that kind of part timer.

select him as a batsman but don't give excuse that we select him because he is an all rounder (according to nannu), in that case they should say, they select kayes because he is a part time keeper.

he is kind of consistent in batting, so I don't mind his inclusion
Old October 11, 2018, 02:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Zim players to watch:

Williams, Taylor, Raza

Chatara, Wellington, Zarvis
Taylor if he gets set at the crease can ton up and score big. Williams also will likely play 1 really good innings in the series - especially when BD are just going through the motions because the game is already won.

Raza though will look like a tailender if Fizz is bowling from the other end.

The one guy who could pose real problems is Mavuta the young leggie. We struggle against leg spin, and this kid has a really good googly.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 11, 2018, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:

Liton
Mithun
Shanto
Mushy
Riyad
Ariful
Miraz
Mash
Nazmul
Rony
Fizz

WTf would you take Shanto, Mintu, Ariful & Nazmul?
Old October 11, 2018, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Squad declared.... why the heck on earth Saifuddin got a chance? Somaya is much better bowler then him and with the bat .... especially for World Cup preparation.... we need Sarkar. But happy with the rabbi selection.... review his career.... he can play shots and called back in the days..... Banglar gayle.
He did good recently for Bd A... he’s a batting all rounder ... he will play as one down .. (sakib position) wish him good luck .
Old October 11, 2018, 09:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Liton
Miraz (better then shanto or Kaye’s)
Rabbi
Mithun
Musfiq
Kaye’s
Riad
Mashrafe
Apu
Rubel
Mustafiz....

This xi will be enough For Zimbabweans .... has some pace and spin balance along with 8 batsman....
Let’s play some aggressive cricket, let’s see some cricket
Old October 11, 2018, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

But I know , management will play Kaye’s as a opener.... which will be a mistake... because he’s footwork still the same against new ball, but I saw in him some change to play well after 25 overs when ball gets soft ...but whatever it is ....if rabbi clicks, my word when sakib and tamim will be back... it will be a killing squad to beat big fishes ... go tigers
Old October 11, 2018, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

The fact Nurul did not get a chance tells me Bd is not a serious team, and don't have any serious ambitions of making it far into the world cup.
Old October 11, 2018, 10:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Adda
Squad declared.... why the heck on earth Saifuddin got a chance? Somaya is much better bowler then him and with the bat .... especially for World Cup preparation.... we need Sarkar. But happy with the rabbi selection.... review his career.... he can play shots and called back in the days..... Banglar gayle.
He did good recently for Bd A... he’s a batting all rounder ... he will play as one down .. (sakib position) wish him good luck .
I remember fazle being compared to tamim at one point.
Old October 11, 2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
WTf would you take Shanto, Mintu, Ariful & Nazmul?
Because they are in the 14 squad?
Old October 11, 2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
selecting Fazle Mahmud as an all rounder is a lame excuse, he is a very very very part timer. In 80 matches he got 27 wicket, that kind of part timer.

select him as a batsman but don't give excuse that we select him because he is an all rounder (according to nannu), in that case they should say, they select kayes because he is a part time keeper.

he is kind of consistent in batting, so I don't mind his inclusion
I agree with this... calling Fazle an allrounder is simply stupid... In that merit, even Ash is an amazing allrounder
Old October 12, 2018, 12:09 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

So we are sticking with imrul. One step forward two step backward. We already know what imrul has to offer. He is 30+ year old. Suddenly he is not gonna become a consistent performer. Give others a chance, if they fail you can always bring him back.

I think it's clear that soumya is in our plan for worldclup. Then why he is dropped? This would have been the perfect opportunity for him score some run. I guess mominul can say goodbye to shorter format cricket. You bring someone to the team after 3-4 years, at least give the guy a fair chance before ditching him again.

Anyway, I hope ariful will play all three matches. Hopefully he will deliver.
Old October 12, 2018, 04:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Agree with the list of players dropped. Now let's see how the new guys perform if they get a chance.
Old October 12, 2018, 04:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I remember fazle being compared to tamim at one point.
Was it when he used to average 20!
Old October 12, 2018, 08:09 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
So we are sticking with imrul. One step forward two step backward. We already know what imrul has to offer. He is 30+ year old. Suddenly he is not gonna become a consistent performer. Give others a chance, if they fail you can always bring him back.
Actually, Imrul has been very consistent for the past 2-3 years. He is averaging more than all of our opening batsmen barring Tamim and his SR has improved in those years too. He is not as flashy as Soumya and his past reputation keeps haunting him amongst the fanbase. But the truth is he has been putting in solid support as a stop-gap in recent times.

Look at his stats in the past couple years: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings

If I was sending someone as a backup opener to Tamim and Liton, it would be Imrul because I simply can't trust the likes of Anamul, Soumya etc.
Old October 12, 2018, 08:23 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Actually, Imrul has been very consistent for the past 2-3 years. He is averaging more than all of our opening batsmen barring Tamim and his SR has improved in those years too. He is not as flashy as Soumya and his past reputation keeps haunting him amongst the fanbase. But the truth is he has been putting in solid support as a stop-gap in recent times.

Look at his stats in the past couple years: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings

If I was sending someone as a backup opener to Tamim and Liton, it would be Imrul because I simply can't trust the likes of Anamul, Soumya etc.
Didnt know his stat looks that good. Still i stand by my original point.

Which was as Soumya is very much into our plan for WC, he should have get chance this series ahead of others. We wont get any easier opponent than this before the WC.
Old October 12, 2018, 08:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Our recent matches with Zimbabwe have been one-sided. With Tamim and Shakib gone, this series should be a lot competitive. In a way, I'm actually glad they aren't playing, and looking forward to it. We have to learn to start playing and winning without them now. That's when you can be truly satisfied, and we came so close to doing that against India in the final recently.
Old October 12, 2018, 09:02 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:

Which was as Soumya is very much into our plan for WC, he should have get chance this series ahead of others. We wont get any easier opponent than this before the WC.
Yeah I agree Soumya should have been part of the squad. Very handy fielder and can bowl a few overs here and there. But maybe Saifuddin can also fulfill that role.
Old October 12, 2018, 09:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

He should get chance because he hasn't gotten countless chances before. Sarkar is finished and shouldn't even be under consideration.