facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 4, 2013, 12:19 AM
BC Editorial Team

my response to Richardson: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...&postcount=625

Old November 4, 2013, 12:30 AM
BC Editorial Team

BTW, great dig on the Kiwi forum. Some of their guys are pretty knowledgeable - one guy was even ragging Riyad for being a sissy! Hah! And they can't stand Danny Morrision either!
Old November 4, 2013, 02:42 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

To those who criticised Mushfiqur, I hope they have finally accepted he knows exactly what he is doing.

Unlike many others, he has a degree, is a brilliant strategist and also is one of the finest captains BD has had. This is not least because he doesn't have a selfish agenda within the team.

Most armchair fans do not understand that a captain and coach should work hand in hand and agree on planning during matches.

Kudos to both Shane and Mushy regardless of specific mistakes on the field because 'so and so' didn't perform well - out of the captain and coach control.

Plans don't always work on the field even though they may have been planned ahead of time. You either change them or back them. The result is only whether the team win or not - and on this basis Mushy is presiding over some of the great uplifts in BD cricket right now.
Old November 4, 2013, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Kihe Nekre....nnb to tomar kotha bebohar kortese
Old November 4, 2013, 04:28 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Kihe Nekre....nnb to tomar kotha bebohar kortese
gurujon, World Famous coach..i am feeling Honored!

anyway even if he wins the next T20 WC he is THE WORST CAPTAIN EVER!, most successful?..yes..thinking captain?..no way and i am not the only one who thinks that

BD aro besi kore tora public ke chulkani debar sujog de re babara!

Last edited by Night_wolf; November 4, 2013 at 05:13 AM..
Old November 4, 2013, 05:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Brillaint!!! Just brilliant riposte AND reply from Ian!! Love you man.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 4, 2013, 05:11 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Brillaint!!! Just brilliant riposte AND reply from Ian!! Love you man.
looool!..i agree!!!

new agenda..Mushfik is the most strategic captain ever
Old November 4, 2013, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

To me mushfiq is doing really fine as a captain. Nobody is perfect, and nobody can makes everyone happy.
Old November 4, 2013, 06:42 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
To me mushfiq is doing really fine as a captain. Nobody is perfect, and nobody can makes everyone happy.
no denying Mushfik is doing really well, on field strategy wise when going gets tough mushfik stops going anywhere
Old November 4, 2013, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
no denying Mushfik is doing really well, on field strategy wise when going gets tough mushfik stops going anywhere
I'm sure bro he will become wiser and smarter on course of time. But, definately i like critics like you who can pose, can come out with different options, views and ideas which can assist, make others to comprehends and force to think differently also have a different go optionally.
Old November 4, 2013, 10:23 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

I think that certain fans get confused between 'opinions' and facts.

Facts are facts however much you choose to disagree with them. Whereas, opinions are like a******** and everybody has one
Old November 4, 2013, 10:52 AM
Cricket Savant

alligators?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 4, 2013, 10:59 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

lol somebody has deep chulkani
Old November 4, 2013, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Lol, loktar BC teo rokkha nai PP teo nai, bechara jabe kothai?
Old November 4, 2013, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

I think Ian makes some valid points. Why the hurt pride? Because he chose to reply?
Old November 4, 2013, 12:21 PM
Test Cricketer

People who criticizes Mushy now and before will continue to do so no matter what the outcome is/was.
That their agenda.
Why doing this after a 3-0 whitewash is beyond me.
Nothing always goes as plan and learn from it.

Last edited by meazz1; November 4, 2013 at 01:59 PM..
Old November 4, 2013, 12:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Congratulations for another Banglawash!!

My mother suddenly felt sick few hours before the start of this match. Took her to ER and then spent the entire night there. Managed to follow some scores in between. I thought we would lose the match but then we won it. Started jumping in ER and people looked at me funny. My mother was discharged hours later and it wasn't anything serious. I never thought I would witness Banglawash 2.0 from a hospital room.
Old November 4, 2013, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
. I never thought I would witness Banglawash 2.0 from a hospital room.
I do it all the time :p

Hard to believe someone actually payed attention to you in er for jumping up and dow.n..... Er must have been empty then....even then hard to believe

Hope ur mom is doing fine now.
Old November 4, 2013, 06:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Here is Jamie Siddons take -

Coaching system blamed for 'Banglawash'

New Zealand's coaching system is setting the Black Caps' batsmen up to fail on every overseas tour they undertake, says Jamie Siddons

Looking for a new job??
Old November 4, 2013, 06:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

He _is_ a damned good batting coach. In my ideal world he'd be batting guru extraordinaire at BKSP.
Old November 4, 2013, 07:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
anyway even if he wins the next T20 WC he is THE WORST CAPTAIN EVER!, most successful?..yes..thinking captain?..no way and i am not the only one who thinks that
A captain's ability is measured based on success. No matter how much of a genius you are on the field, if the decisions you take doesn't lead your team to victory than what's the point? Your argument went out the window, when you claimed even if Mushy won the next T20 WC he would still be the worst captain ever. If Mushy won us the T20 WC, that would be the biggest achievement in our cricket history, and automatically making him the our best captain to date. You think it's possible for a team's captain to go win a WC, without actually knowing what he is doing?

Is Mushy perfect? No. Does he makes mistake? Yes, Plenty. At times does it feel like he is not thinking? Yes. At times does it feel like he doesn't know what he is doing? Yes. But none of that makes him the worst captain ever. Look at his record? Since he became our captain (2011 - 2013), we played 24 ODIs, we won 11 games, lost 12 games and 1 game ended in no results. Under Mushy's captaincy our winning percentage is 47.82%, which is the highest amongst all BD captain, granted its only been 2 years. In that 2 year period, we defeated WI, SL and NZ multiple times and India once. And it's not like he didn't perform within that time period. He led from the front. With that kind of a record Mushy doesn't even come close to being the "Worst captain ever" title. Yes, Mushy needs a lot of improvement, but even with his short comings he is still getting results and most importantly keeping the team together. If Mushy wins the T20 WC and you still think he is the worst captain ever, than I'll have to use Will Ferrell's quote from Step Brother and say, "You are Freaking High!".
Old November 4, 2013, 08:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Overall, albeit not "great" or "perfect," Mushfiqur is a very good captain, and I don't understand all the hate. It's fairly obvious that he's great at man-managing, a significant part of this job. The mentality of the team has been better with him as captain. Everyone is happy, gets along well with others, and are confident. It seems Mushy isn't too shy to ask others for their opinions either. And Mr. Pont pointed out that he also gets along well with the coaching staff.

Strategy-wise, on the field, he does well when things are going well. His field settings tend to be too defensive though when things aren't going according to plan, and he needs to improve on that. But overall, he has been the best captain for BD at least post-Akram-Khan (I was too young remember how good a captain Akram was.).

It's short-sighted to think a captain's job ends at field placements and bowler selections.
Old November 4, 2013, 08:55 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
A captain's ability is measured based on success. No matter how much of a genius you are on the field, if the decisions you take doesn't lead your team to victory than what's the point? Your argument went out the window, when you claimed even if Mushy won the next T20 WC he would still be the worst captain ever. If Mushy won us the T20 WC, that would be the biggest achievement in our cricket history, and automatically making him the our best captain to date. You think it's possible for a team's captain to go win a WC, without actually knowing what he is doing?

Is Mushy perfect? No. Does he makes mistake? Yes, Plenty. At times does it feel like he is not thinking? Yes. At times does it feel like he doesn't know what he is doing? Yes. But none of that makes him the worst captain ever. Look at his record? Since he became our captain (2011 - 2013), we played 24 ODIs, we won 11 games, lost 12 games and 1 game ended in no results. Under Mushy's captaincy our winning percentage is 47.82%, which is the highest amongst all BD captain, granted its only been 2 years. In that 2 year period, we defeated WI, SL and NZ multiple times and India once. And it's not like he didn't perform within that time period. He led from the front. With that kind of a record Mushy doesn't even come close to being the "Worst captain ever" title. Yes, Mushy needs a lot of improvement, but even with his short comings he is still getting results and most importantly keeping the team together. If Mushy wins the T20 WC and you still think he is the worst captain ever, than I'll have to use Will Ferrell's quote from Step Brother and say, "You are Freaking High!".
ami bisho bikhato coach er gaye jala porar jonne bolchilam

banglay boli ki hoise ok if you missed..mushfik jokhon mash ke last er dike ak over ball diye mar kheye r ak over ball diyechilo tokhon like any other emotional fan ami bolsilam mushfik is the worst captain ever, yes sue me for that jen arokom r keu bolena..bisho bikhato coach amar profile e dhuke ghete ghete amar ai kothata ber kore tar sig e dise because i gave something also, my point didn't went out of the window because i never really meant it, i give credit to mushy's captaincy off the field and on the field team unity though his decision making on the field sucks, jokhon nteam bhalo khele tokhon mushy is a good captain but when things go wrong and as a captain you have to think out of the box mushy gets stuck with his one sided thinking
Old November 4, 2013, 09:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

amra ektu beshi bujhi
Old November 4, 2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Here is Jamie Siddons take -

Coaching system blamed for 'Banglawash'

New Zealand's coaching system is setting the Black Caps' batsmen up to fail on every overseas tour they undertake, says Jamie Siddons

Looking for a new job??
Yeah, definitely sounds like he's eyeing that head coach job.