facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 20, 2006, 11:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default What to do....

WHAT TO DO AFTER AUS SERIES?
Quote:
2006/07 Oct-Nov AWAY: ICC Champions Trophy
2006/07 Oct HOME v India
2006/07 Dec-Jan AWAY v New Zealand
According to the ICC fixture, after the AUS series, we do not have any international commitment until the ICC Trophy. We are not playing any test cricket until December. The home series against lace India is not happening (am I right?). With such a long break from test cricket, our players might get out of touch! What do you think we should do? Here is what I think:

1. We should arrange for A-team series with more than one test playing nations simultaneously. Make two A-teams dividing the national players equally in both teams.
1a. Play these A-teams with other country’s A-teams in 4-day matches and One Dayers.
1b. Play these A-teams with the BCB Academy team and U-19s in 4-day matches and One Dayers. We could arrange for round robin league tournaments involving these teams and make it clear to the players that next team selection will be based on how they perform in these matches.

2. May be we should start our next domestic season earlier than scheduled (I know it will have slim chance due to the rainy season).

Please post your idea(s).

Last edited by rudro; April 20, 2006 at 11:54 AM..

Old April 20, 2006, 12:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Kenya 3 more times in Kenya, 5 vs Zim along with 2 unoffical Tests, The ICCCT Qualifiers,Zim again in December, Hopefully NZ in Jan and England Cancelled there tour that was on for Feb, rather opting to play in a tri-series. So thats where the mini triseries if thats what you wanna call it happens between CAN/BER where we play them once.

Then the WC. Then India will tour us in May for 2 Tests and a Tri series. This India really can't back out of this tour. I wonder who the third team will be?

What should we do? Let them rest, until the Africa tour get in better shape(Masri & Aftab), Ashraful will get practice playing in League Cricket in England and just practice in the nets at mirpur 2-3 times a week.
Old April 20, 2006, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

It's really a shame that we don't have much option to play. Rudro, I like your idea but I'm not sure if it's allowed to make 2 A team at the same time. You may need to name another one BCB Eleven. Also we can not invite others to come here due to rainy season. Probably, we will need to send our teams out to play list A and first class matches. If it is really not possible, BCB needs to arrange sending some of our players to play foreign leagues.