facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 30, 2019, 02:27 PM
Cricket Savant

You didn't really have to kick a disabled. Shakib has suffered enough!!!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by ahnaf; October 31, 2019 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: Don't spread rumors without anything to back it up.

Old October 30, 2019, 02:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Although I initially thought that 2-year ban is too much for such violation, it seems ICC had been pretty consistent re: their ban for similar offence. Here's some similar bans (unaware of full details):

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...for_corruption
Old October 30, 2019, 02:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Probably explains why Shakib all of a sudden went for Hajj and umrah LOL. Knew well before he was in trouble and turned to God for help.

Its a shame how he is made some sort of a hero in Bangladesh and he is being seen as a Victim. The truth is the guy wanted easy money. He wanted to meet the bookie to confirm his authenticity.

1 year ban is just about right. Hope he comes back as a better person and a player.
Old October 30, 2019, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You can call me if you want cocaine. ^^
The blue stuffs, need to be 99% pure. Got any
Old October 30, 2019, 04:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Sakib made a stupid mistake, he has to pay for this! People are making too much of a victim out of him. This is the end of story for me.

Hopefully he can come back as a better person and contribute more to our cricket.

Its time to focus on the India series.
Old October 30, 2019, 05:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Shakib IS lucky its not harsher. The fact he's not even attempting to fight this illustrates he knows it too.

So we know for a fact this guy obtained his personal number and messaged him numerous times over the SL series and BPL and he did nothing.

Then he gets messaged again about the IPL and he ARRANGES A MEETING. Then he deletes several messages. Why on earth would he schedule a meeting with a guy who was blatantly wanting to fix games, who Shakib admitted he thought was dodgy. if not to arrange the details.

If I were to put on my tinfoil hat I'd say the ICC were investigating this for a while but had no evidence. Then recently they obtain the key evidence they needed to nail him. Hmmmmmm......

Graeme Cremer was approached, immediately reported it and no issues, as have many others. If it were a once off message I can understand but we're talking several over months and he agreed to arrange a meeting in the texts for gods sake.

Had all the money and training in the world to avoid this and did it anyway. Stupid.

Last edited by ahnaf; October 31, 2019 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: Don't spread rumors without anything to back it up.
Old October 30, 2019, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Keu amar proshner uttor den!
If he retires now, can he still play IPL and other leagues as these are not ICC matches and then ban will not apply for these ?
Old October 30, 2019, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Shakib IS lucky its not harsher. The fact he's not even attempting to fight this illustrates he knows it too.

So we know for a fact this guy obtained his personal number and messaged him numerous times over the SL series and BPL and he did nothing.

Then he gets messaged again about the IPL and he ARRANGES A MEETING. Then he deletes several messages. Why on earth would he schedule a meeting with a guy who was blatantly wanting to fix games, who Shakib admitted he thought was dodgy. if not to arrange the details.

If I were to put on my tinfoil hat I'd say the ICC were investigating this for a while but had no evidence. Then recently they obtain the key evidence they needed to nail him. Hmmmmmm......

Graeme Cremer was approached, immediately reported it and no issues, as have many others. If it were a once off message I can understand but we're talking several over months and he agreed to arrange a meeting in the texts for gods sake.

Had all the money and training in the world to avoid this and did it anyway. Stupid.
Doesn’t matter what you think. ACU didn’t find a single account of match fixing. Not guilty until proven.

Now that you are speculating that he wanted to meet to verify the authenticity, I can speculate that he wanted to meet maybe because he was threatened somehow. Maybe he wanted to deal with that face to face. My question is despite getting approached thrice, why didn’t he fix a single match? He deleted few messages then why didn’t he delete the whole thread? What was he thinking? Why would you keep trace of such dangerous exchange? Why is he not disclosing the name of the person, who provided his info to the bookie?

Stop calling him a fixer, when he is not. He broke a rule and he is getting punished. That’s all- chapter closed.

Last edited by oronnya; October 31, 2019 at 09:07 AM..
Old October 30, 2019, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Hard to believe he didn't report. He has to do his time.
But what's sadder is that people think this will worsen Bd cricket, when prior to this, it was unanimously agreed that we had reached rock bottom.

I would think people would look towards the future, bid adieu to the other 4 underachievers and Papon as well, and then rebuild. But no, instead, it's quite clear now that people expected this downhill slide to go on for 4 or 5 more years, and were quite content with it! Otherwise, they would not be as shocked with the decision.

I don't give a F honestly. What difference would it have made if Shakib played? LOL. He is a great solo player, but he can't deliver on the trophies.
Old October 30, 2019, 11:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
why a sudden ban ? why ICC was sleeping from last 2 years ? I dont get the whole point.
It takes time to investigate.
Old October 30, 2019, 11:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Hard to believe he didn't report. He has to do his time.
But what's sadder is that people think this will worsen Bd cricket, when prior to this, it was unanimously agreed that we had reached rock bottom.

I would think people would look towards the future, bid adieu to the other 4 underachievers and Papon as well, and then rebuild. But no, instead, it's quite clear now that people expected this downhill slide to go on for 4 or 5 more years, and were quite content with it! Otherwise, they would not be as shocked with the decision.

I don't give a F honestly. What difference would it have made if Shakib played? LOL. He is a great solo player, but he can't deliver on the trophies.
Can't disagree with that part. No I in team, espacially in cricket.
Old October 31, 2019, 02:43 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Don't start calling people fixer or something similar just because you had a hunch. Any such post will be removed.

Last edited by ahnaf; October 31, 2019 at 06:45 AM..
Old October 31, 2019, 06:28 AM
Cricket Savant

I am inclined to disagree with oronnya. I don't for a second think he didn't go forward because there was threat to his life. lol

Trust me. He WOULD have let that known. I think many of you are still in denial. Love Donal's post but also respect Ahnaf's view as well.

Old October 31, 2019, 06:46 AM
Cricket Savant

And oh..

Jay Hind!

Old October 31, 2019, 07:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am inclined to disagree with oronnya. I don't for a second think he didn't go forward because there was threat to his life. lol

Trust me. He WOULD have let that known. I think many of you are still in denial. Love Donal's post but also respect Ahnaf's view as well.
Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. At this point, we all can speculate so many things. Or even if I accept that he wanted to meet the guy with ill intentions, the fact that he didn’t fix ANY matches or provided any information of his teams tells you that he didn’t compromise his team’s honour at the end. All of a sudden we all are acting as masihas and as if none of us has broken any rules in our lives. Just imagine, to approach someone of Shakib’s calibre the offer has to be really big and lucrative, so to deny such an offer requires a LOT of self-control. Even if you think he slipped for a second, the fact that he declined the offer at the end is most important and that should be credited. Do you think ACU would have spared him if they found any information on match-fixing?

Now tell me this (which is bothering me a lot) if Shakib is not stupid, why would he not delete the whole thread of their conversation? A criminal won’t leave any trace if that’s the only evidence ACU had against him. He deleted few messages so it did cross his mind that if ACU reads it will be dangerous, then why would you not delete the whole thread? It looks like as if he was expecting someone to read these messages, so he conveniently deleted only a few. Anyways at this point, everything is speculation. But the truth is SHAKIB is NOT A FIXER. We should get that out of our system. I never consider these players as superhuman so it’s not like I have a lot of respect for Shakib the person and now I am in denial as it broke my heart. It didn’t, I am going by the fact. I am standing by him until he is proved guilty and all the fans should do that. The whole world got a chance to speculate and dying to tag him as a fixer but we the Bangladeshi fans should just remind them, not guilty until it’s proven so they can ........ Anyways let’s move on and let’s consider it as a good example for the young cricketers! I am glad that Shakib got punished, WTH was this guy thinking?

Last edited by oronnya; October 31, 2019 at 09:13 AM..
Old October 31, 2019, 07:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Courtesy of Sir Esh:

https://www.facebook.com/MohammadAsh...2192340489918/

People it's all a sham. Eyewash. Probably all in it. Papon, Shakib, Agarwal, ICC .... pssh, all a set up for India heist. They have been planning since Kenya match. (Spoiler)

I kid your morons. LOL!

Jai Hind!

Old October 31, 2019, 07:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. At this point we all can speculate so many things. Or even if I accept the fact that he wanted to meet the guy with ill intentions, the fact that he didn’t fix ANY matches or provided any information of his teams tells you that he didn’t compromise his team’s honour at the end. All of a sudden we all are acting as masihas and as if none of us has broken any rules in our lives. Just imagine, to approach someone of Shakib’s caliber the offer has to be really big and lucrative, so to deny such a offer requires a LOT of self control. Even if you think he slipped for a second, the fact that he declined the offer at the end is most important and that should be credited. Do you think ACU would have spared him if they found any information on match fixing.

Now tell me this (which is bothering me a lot) if Shakib is not stupid, why would he not delete the whole thread of their conversation? A criminal won’t leave any trace if that’s the only evidence ACU had against him. He deleted few messages so it did cross his mind that if ACU reads it it will be dangerous, then why would you not delete the whole thread? It looks like as if he was expecting someone to read these messages, so he conveniently deleted only a few. Anyways at this point everything is a speculation. But the truth is SHAKIB is NOT A FIXER. We should get that out of our system. I never consider these players as superhuman so it’s not like I have a lot of respect for SHakib the person and now I am in denial as it broke my heart. It didn’t, I am going by the fact. I am standing by him until he is proved guilty and all the fans should do that. The whole world got a chance to speculate and dying to tag him as a fixer but we the Bangladeshi fans should just remind them, not guilty until it’s proved so they can ........ Anyways let’s move on and let’s consider it as a good example for the young cricketers! I am glad that Shakib got punished, WTH was this guy thinking?
Love your spirit and passion and...logic. You almost remind me of a young me.

Jai Hind!

Old October 31, 2019, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. At this point we all can speculate so many things. Or even if I accept the fact that he wanted to meet the guy with ill intentions, the fact that he didn’t fix ANY matches or provided any information of his teams tells you that he didn’t compromise his team’s honour at the end. All of a sudden we all are acting as masihas and as if none of us has broken any rules in our lives. Just imagine, to approach someone of Shakib’s caliber the offer has to be really big and lucrative, so to deny such a offer requires a LOT of self control. Even if you think he slipped for a second, the fact that he declined the offer at the end is most important and that should be credited. Do you think ACU would have spared him if they found any information on match fixing.

Now tell me this (which is bothering me a lot) if Shakib is not stupid, why would he not delete the whole thread of their conversation? A criminal won’t leave any trace if that’s the only evidence ACU had against him. He deleted few messages so it did cross his mind that if ACU reads it it will be dangerous, then why would you not delete the whole thread? It looks like as if he was expecting someone to read these messages, so he conveniently deleted only a few. Anyways at this point everything is a speculation. But the truth is SHAKIB is NOT A FIXER. We should get that out of our system. I never consider these players as superhuman so it’s not like I have a lot of respect for SHakib the person and now I am in denial as it broke my heart. It didn’t, I am going by the fact. I am standing by him until he is proved guilty and all the fans should do that. The whole world got a chance to speculate and dying to tag him as a fixer but we the Bangladeshi fans should just remind them, not guilty until it’s proved so they can ........ Anyways let’s move on and let’s consider it as a good example for the young cricketers! I am glad that Shakib got punished, WTH was this guy thinking?
you r saying exactly what i want to say, why didnt he delete everything, i am not understanding at all!
Old October 31, 2019, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Love your spirit and passion and...logic. You almost remind me of a young me.

Jai Hind!
Maybe that’s the only thing we the Bangladeshi fans have, otherwise why stupid people like us are still behind this 9th ranking team
Old October 31, 2019, 09:29 AM
Cricket Savant

What if... what if...

what if...

Bangladesh whitewashes India in T20 and Test? Hahahaa..would you guys love it then?

Jai Hind!

Old October 31, 2019, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What if... what if...

what if...

Bangladesh whitewashes India in T20 and Test? Hahahaa..would you guys love it then?

Jai Hind!
Ha ha ha

BTW liked Jai Hind! I see what you did there
Old October 31, 2019, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Doesn’t matter what you think. ACU didn’t find a single account of match fixing. Not guilty until proven.

Now that you are speculating that he wanted to meet to verify the authenticity, I can speculate that he wanted to meet maybe because he was threatened somehow. Maybe he wanted to deal with that face to face. My question is despite getting approached thrice, why didn’t he fix a single match? He deleted few messages then why didn’t he delete the whole thread? What was he thinking? Why would you keep trace of such dangerous exchange? Why is he not disclosing the name of the person, who provided his info to the bookie?

Stop calling him a fixer, when he is not. He broke a rule and he is getting punished. That’s all- chapter closed.
I am also specualting that Shakib wanted to meet the guy to give him a beating for continuously disturbing him.
Old October 31, 2019, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

These idiotic fans have gone insane. Saw a pic on FB of someone messaging Kohli about match fixing. Their logic: if you don't report this, then you too are a match fixer. No wonder people laughs at our team ... Because of lunatic fans as such
Old October 31, 2019, 06:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Has anyone caught on with the #justice4shakib movement online? Just asking...

Old October 31, 2019, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Has anyone caught on with the #justice4shakib movement online? Just asking...
Hell no... what justice? He broke a code of conduct and he got punished. He admitted that he made a mistake- what justice are we looking for here. Rather regroup to protest against all kind of corruption in the board. All those crooks need to go for real! Shakib didn’t fix any matches but people sitting on the board are actually doing it in domestic matches, they are corrupt top to bottom- they need to go.