facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 20, 2004, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Ok... i just noticed James' post... i disagree... we need practise matches to get used to the local conditions. and most of our defeats in them r due to letting the weaker bowlers some additional practse.

Old September 20, 2004, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
Since the Indians like their test cricket so much (they are not even playing any ODIs against the Aussies, prolly they will be whitewashed!) we should ask them to make space for a third test instead of the 3 ODIs.
Yes another test would be perfect.
Old September 22, 2004, 12:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy
Default India ki dorailo???

India mone hoi BD er ODI match dekhe voi paise. BD er stahe here jabar chance ase kina. :embaressed: Tai voi paitese. Tader ODI record ee 3 times Kenyar sathe harar por abar Bangladesh er sathe harar record thakbe, ei ta tader reputation kharap korbe na??? .:P just kidding man!!!

Edited on, September 23, 2004, 1:56 PM GMT, by bdmoderator.
Old September 22, 2004, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Default I protest .....

I just happened to go through the thread "Indian cricketers not willing to play ODIs against Bangladesh!"

Some of the comments are utterly disgusting to say the least.

Fisrt of all, has the news of "Indian cricketers not willing to play ODIs against Bangladesh" being confirmed by any other sources apart from the newspaper that carried the story. I don't think so.

And even in absense of any credible affirmation of the news source, i see an eager bandwagon jumping up and down with daggers out.

Indian team is only playing 4-tests on the Australia tour of India.

Indian team was scheduled to only play 6-ODIs with SA on the SA tour of India.

It didn't have any of the Aussie or SA supporters jumping up and down. It hardly even made news, apart from the resentment of Indian supporters that there won't be Tests played with SA. It was all understood given the iternary worked out between the respective boards and ICC.

So, why should there be so much of antagonism if Indian team is playing only tests in BD?

And this is assuming that the above is true; that Indian team is only playing tests in BD. If i were a BD supporter, shouldn't i be glad that BD is playing tests where it is a much better version of it's ODI outfit? Or, is it that any comment on Indian team has to be twisted by the BD members to suit their own antagonism?

Was there an attempt to establish the credibility of the report? When someone mentioned Ponting's remark on BD and USA teams on Cricinfo, every member wanted to first confirm it. Why no such confirmation was needed in this case? Why was no attempt made to figure out if ODIs were a part of original iternary at all? Or, if there is any explanation/comment from the respective boards?

Indian team may or may not want to play against BD. Lets say that "they don't want to play the minnows", as someone described. What's so wrong in that? Please tell me which team, leaving the smooth diplomatic talks aside, would really want to or is eager to play against them (minnows)?

Iternaries are chalked and tailered to suit the respective cricket boards. It is unfortunate that insignificant, unconfirmed news churns out such anti-India tirade on this board. It is also unfortunate that i got introduced to this board; i was a supporter of BD cricket.

I have mixed feelings about it now.
Old September 22, 2004, 10:19 PM
Retired BC Admin

I merged DJ Sahastra's protest with this thread for relavency.

Dear DJ, if you point out which post or posts you find "utterly disgusting" we'll take necessary action. Thank you.
Old September 22, 2004, 10:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

DJ! please do let us know which posts have offended you so much, and we will take care of them for sure. Perhaps you are right...people were ready to jump to the conclusion that this report os correct, particularly in light of Ganguli's comments. It seemed to flow logically from that! But perhaps that is not all. There seems to be a general mistrust of Indian intentions at times amongst us Bangladeshis given certain current affairs issues, which you may not be completely aware of (if you were to follow our newspapers for an extended period of time you will know what I am talking about). But all that is not part of cricket, and we are here to talk cricket. The only sort of antagonism that will be tolerated here will some friendly banter and some friendly sporting rivalry. My appeal to everyone please try and keep your personal feelings about any country out of these discussions. We are all here because we care about Bangladesh cricket. Let us make more friends and not lose any. Focus on cricket and be tolerant

Edited on, September 23, 2004, 3:32 AM GMT, by pompous.
Old September 23, 2004, 02:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Go the 3 test series and scrap the ODIs. We are that much better in tests India will be scared.
Old September 23, 2004, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

See guys, I have a complete different view.
It is popular to say that top test playing countries are not interested to play with minnows, to some extend it's not, particularly if the match is a home series for the "minnows", where financial feasibility is not their concern.
I have marked that many top test teams were rather happy to record a "whitewash" against the minnows to get credibility in the ICC Test Championship run. They take this as an opportunity to heal their bruises against other top test teams. Sometimes, the series against the "minnows" serves as a means of "getting back the confidence" of the players, as well as the team.
On this context, I agree with DJ that the iternary is being worked out between the respective boards and ICC. I also agree that, we should be happy to carry out test series, which is our prime requirement at this point. And I support to have 3 tests, if possible.
Old September 23, 2004, 08:17 AM
Test Cricketer

DJ and Sam is absolutely right and i support them fully.

try to understand the things in right way and also in right spirit

and also try to understand, lot of people in India supports bangladesh and they really want bangladesh to become a major cricket nation
Old September 23, 2004, 09:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

vv_;

I agree with you Sam and D J on this one. I don't see the point in taking offense if India does not want to play ODIs. BD should really focus on test cricket. Personally, I think current India team is lot better test team than an ODI team.
Old September 23, 2004, 09:30 AM
Street Cricketer

Sometimes people misunderstand situations and blow them way out of proportions. I know that the comments made by ganguly about the two tier cricketing system might not have been the right thing to say but i think people failed to recognise it for what it was. It was just a comment !!! Nothing offficial. Also the fact that India has refused to play ODI's against BD might just be a scheduling problem and not anything else.

People have made mistakes and have repented for them later on. I on my part have at least not noticed any official comment about the two tier system issue from ganguly or the BCCI after that initial comment was made. Basically they realised that its not an issue they should be thinking about and dropped the whole thing.

I fail to understand sometimes when people jump up and down on the slightest comments made and suddenly there is a hoard of unnecessary comments everywhere. I totally agree with vv_sunil in the matter that there are a lot of Indians in india and abroad that support BD cricket. I am one of them and will remain so but this kind of unnecesary India bantering is just not required.
Old September 23, 2004, 10:50 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Sunil, I have a question regarding your quote "lots of people in India support Bangladesh". You see, when I started watching cricket, I used to think that because Bangladesh and India are friends - neighbours (generally, not only in the cricket arena), so everybody in India should support Bangladesh, as I used to support India at the time (during India-Pakistan matches, ofcourse) because of the same reasons.

But then after quite some time, I started to see that there are lots of Indians who actually DO NOT support Bangladesh, (namely Sanjay Manjrekar) on TV commentary. I was so surprised that it got me thinking a lot. Because I was so young then, so I could not understand that people could do that.

Ofcourse, now I don't think that way, but I still remember how I felt the first time I heard an Indian ON TV saying AGAINST Bangladesh. Since that day, I started to see things differently and now a days, I doubt whether anyone outside the West Bengal do support Bangladesh, given a few outsiders like yourself, Amit, WisdenVoice (and may be 1 or 2 others here) on this forum.
Old September 23, 2004, 11:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

I do not think any person of West Bengal is a member of this site and as such it is incorrect to say that people of West Bengal support Bangladesh. Almost all Indians who are members of this site have little or no West Bengal connection.

Fans for BD cricket from other countries, including India will increase when BD starts fulfilling its promise. Till then, the fans from India will be limited to very few.

I appreciate VV_Sunil and Amit for their thick skins which makes them continue to support BD cricket despite being humiliated repeatedly by some people in this forum. The treatment meted out to them in this forum by some persons is one of the reasons which discourages more people from India to participate in this forum.
Old September 23, 2004, 12:12 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Currently, I think exactly the way cricketfan has said here that once BD starts fulfilling its promise, till then non-Bangladeshi fans from all over the world including India will be limited to very few.

The reason for mentioning the West Bengal connection is simply because the similarity in the language, nothing more - to be more elaborate, there is a huge audience in Bangladesh who watch dd7 - the West Bengal's bengali tv channel (durdorshon), similarly, the popular programs of BTV (for example, Ittadi by Hanif Songket) have a subsequent number of audience in the West Bengal region of India.
Old September 23, 2004, 12:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

india may have to play us after all, as they may not have any other opponents to play. australia and south africa are both threatening to cancel their series with india for different reasons.

source: cricinfo

http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...23SEP2004.html
Old September 25, 2004, 01:51 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

i fully agree with dj sahastra and sam.

many ppl out here r anti-indians out here, mainly due to some 4-5 anti-bd writers/commentators from ind and also due to saurav gangulys 2/3-tier comments.

but u all dont c that most of the indians supported bd. in the icc ct, many indians were expecting bd to beat saffies and windies.

fwullah,

sanjay manjrekar isnt anti-bd. i saw sanjay manjrekar praise bd on ten sports during the pak-bd series last year. manjrekar was anti-bd only around the world cup, but after that he wasnt anti-bd.

sanjay manjrekar even wrote an article during that series that ind-pak matches should start again and he was the most sought after commentator in pak during that series.

dont get after indian commentators just like that. sanjay manjrekar is possibly the best indian commentator i have seen besides harsha bhogle.
Old September 25, 2004, 07:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
Go the 3 test series and scrap the ODIs. We are that much better in tests India will be scared.
Ya, you are right.

Old September 27, 2004, 03:53 AM
Test Cricketer

i feel after some bad experiences, amit and myself are earning some respect.

thanks to all my friends

we extend our whole hearted support to bd cricket
Old September 29, 2004, 02:33 AM
Test Cricketer

I are not anti-indias, I just trying to tell that some Indian persons comments heart us. And they heart too much. As a new test playing nation, we need help. Not unexpected comments.
Old September 29, 2004, 06:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

if india dont tour i dont really care, coz BD will kill ZIM and whitewash them in test and ODI, a good moral booster. If india dont tour, BCB should ask kenya to come instead, good competitve ODI triangle series. kenya hav been complaining they dont play often enough so why dont we play them as well as zim in Dec/Jan.

we all know india will wipe the floor with us and zim.

what u people think?
Old September 30, 2004, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

I dont think that India would wipe the floor with us. Because they are in poor form. They Might just beat us.
Old September 30, 2004, 11:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

If one reads the first post in this thread carefully, the report says that India were willing to play ODI against BD but were against the proposal of participating an ODI triangular series also involving Zimbabwe.

Most people havelaunched into an unnecessary anti India tirade in this thread by reading the title and without carefully reading the report. Now that the tour schedule of India is announced, it includes 3 ODIs in addition to two tests. The title of this thread is misleading. It should have been something like " India unwilling to play triangular ODI series in BD " instead of the present misleading title.

Edited on, September 30, 2004, 5:12 PM GMT, by cricketfan.
Old October 1, 2004, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

oh thanx for clearing it up for us cricketfan
Old March 20, 2007, 10:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Thanks for clearing it up but why r they opposing of playing a triangular game against BD and Zim??
Old March 20, 2007, 10:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sif
Thanks for clearing it up but why r they opposing of playing a triangular game against BD and Zim??
LOL that was 3 years ago. I am sure they will change their mind now.
go bangladesh go. beat the lankans.