facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 24, 2017, 05:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yeah riyad always doing just enough to stay in the team...it was a really good knock though, got the team over the line, now if he could be consistent with this that'd be great.

Old May 24, 2017, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

There's no denying currently he is in beast mode. Per Riyad's cricinfo page his recent scores in 50 over matches are:
46* (v NZ), 51 (v Ire), 43* (v NZ), 49 (v Ire A), 62 (v Sh Jamal), 49* (v Brothers), 77 (v PSC), 59 (v Khlaghor)
Old May 24, 2017, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

I am a big fan of Hathurusingha, and all he has done for the side. But putting Riyad up to 4 was a mistake.

He is a good finisher, and we could do with a player like him at 6 or 7. Not only good for chasing, but can also hit big ones when batting first.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Weren't ready to take him out from the team in NZ series? How about in the SLan series?

Now we have bevan in our ranks.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Fielding in Beast Mode

Old May 24, 2017, 11:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I think Riyad is doing a payback. I dont know to who but he is very quiet but kind of determined, you can almost see it from his body language. Didn't really celebrate the win yesterday too, it shows that he is hungry. I think in this CT he might do something extraordinary.

Riyad, if you are reading this, I know we will get some close matches this CT. You have the responsibility to close those games, I hope you learnt from the India WT20 Game. It might just come down to you, and look at it this way, you will have someone able to bat along this time. Maybe Miraz/Nasir. No excuses this time and bd needs you to deliver mate.
Old May 25, 2017, 07:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

I am gonna make sure you guys remember Riyadh hilarious blunder, for the rest of your BC days. Haha
Never have I seen such incidents in cricket.
Old May 25, 2017, 07:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
I am gonna make sure you guys remember Riyadh hilarious blunder, for the rest of your BC days. Haha
Never have I seen such incidents in cricket.
Similar incidents have happened before albeit rare.
Old May 25, 2017, 07:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I think Riyad is doing a payback. I dont know to who but he is very quiet but kind of determined, you can almost see it from his body language. Didn't really celebrate the win yesterday too, it shows that he is hungry. I think in this CT he might do something extraordinary.

Riyad, if you are reading this, I know we will get some close matches this CT. You have the responsibility to close those games, I hope you learnt from the India WT20 Game. It might just come down to you, and look at it this way, you will have someone able to bat along this time. Maybe Miraz/Nasir. No excuses this time and bd needs you to deliver mate.
I think he is repaying Mashrafe's faith in him. Mash backed him at his bad time just like Mash is backing Shakib now.
Old May 25, 2017, 08:29 AM
Cricket Sage

These "paying back" and repaying are kind of funny. Riyad is a national playing playing for his own career, if anything he is "paying back: to himself, because he was having a lean period and very close to be dropped, now with this innings, he kind of not only got some breathing room, may be a platform to perform even something bigger near future.

There are few Riyad bind lover and few haters, but most of the fans care less... once he plays they expect him (and any other players) to play well and do well. We fans (most of us) praise a player's good performance and criticize a player's bad performance, that we do regardless who is that player.

But a player plays for his career, for his country (when playing for national team) and for his family. So at the end, there is no pay back, specially to the fan.

Last edited by Fazal; May 25, 2017 at 09:04 AM..
Old May 25, 2017, 08:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
Thumbs up I can't call him a 'Beast' yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I am a big fan of Hathurusingha, and all he has done for the side. But putting Riyad up to 4 was a mistake.

He is a good finisher, and we could do with a player like him at 6 or 7. Not only good for chasing, but can also hit big ones when batting first.
If someone gets 2 back-to-back centuries in the biggest event (WC) at no. 4 position, wouldn't you play him at the same role? Moreover, most of highest ODI innings came at No. 4.

Yes, he couldn't repeat his performance afterwards. It's his fault. In fact, he had a terrible time during our last 2 series. He started playing well again at his regular No. 7 which is a good thing for BAN, especially before CT.

Riyad in ODI at a glance:
122 innings, Avg: 33.9, SR: 75.5, 100s: 2, 50s: 17, 40s: 8, MoM: 4

Old May 25, 2017, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
If someone gets 2 back-to-back centuries in the biggest event (WC) at no. 4 position, wouldn't you play him at the same role? Moreover, most of highest ODI innings came at No. 4.

Yes, he couldn't repeat his performance afterwards. It's his fault. In fact, he had a terrible time during our last 2 series. He started playing well again at his regular No. 7 which is a good thing for BAN, especially before CT.

Riyad in ODI at a glance:
122 innings, Avg: 33.9, SR: 75.5, 100s: 2, 50s: 17, 40s: 8, MoM: 4

That's a misleading table, obviously he'll have more 40+ scores at 4, at 6, 7 he often doesn't face enough balls

Old May 25, 2017, 12:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
That's a misleading table, obviously he'll have more 40+ scores at 4, at 6, 7 he often doesn't face enough balls
That wasn't misleading to Bangladeshis who follow cricket. I was simply stating the fact to reason why it wasn't a BIG mistake to play him at 4 after WC' 2015.

He didn't succeed, went through a bad-patch recently and now doing well again at No. 6 or 7. So, let him be.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:

His average at 4 is 50, he is our best batsmen, he should definitely be at four.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Beast all right, kintu nagta beast with black underwear.
Old May 25, 2017, 01:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Ryad modeling like a beast for Cheer up,

what's next? pants up ?
Old May 25, 2017, 05:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Mushy is the best batsman, out of anyone he is there most when needed.

Riyad has always had the talent which is what we saw in the WC but he's struggled ever since then and only just recently started to make some runs and play some meaningful innings.

He might just hang on because of experience and his ability to dominate an attack better than others e.g. Nasir and the youngsters nipping at his heels (liton, shanto, anamul, afif), but his consistency needs to improve.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
That wasn't misleading to Bangladeshis who follow cricket. I was simply stating the fact to reason why it wasn't a BIG mistake to play him at 4 after WC' 2015.

He didn't succeed, went through a bad-patch recently and now doing well again at No. 6 or 7. So, let him be.
It was a mistake imo, because of two reasons.

1) We are denying our best batsman the opportunity to bat there-Mushfiq. Number 4 is ideally suited for someone with solid technique, temperament. No one batter than Mushy for that role

2) Riyad has his moments. When he is in good nick he can deliver not matter what position. But then in the off moments he can be reckless. You would have also noticed he has a technical glitch-anything thats fired full, middle stump length.

6 or 7 suits him. You dont have to worry so much about defending, occupying crease, holding fort. You can play your natural game.
Old May 26, 2017, 01:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Mahmadullah is more like a crouching Tiger hidden dragon.
Old May 26, 2017, 07:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
It was a mistake imo, because of two reasons.

1) We are denying our best batsman the opportunity to bat there-Mushfiq. Number 4 is ideally suited for someone with solid technique, temperament. No one batter than Mushy for that role

2) Riyad has his moments. When he is in good nick he can deliver not matter what position. But then in the off moments he can be reckless. You would have also noticed he has a technical glitch-anything thats fired full, middle stump length.

6 or 7 suits him. You dont have to worry so much about defending, occupying crease, holding fort. You can play your natural game.
Well, I don't think it was a mistake to try him at No. 4 (same way I don't think trying Sabbir at No. 3 is a mistake). But I agree that Mushy is our best batsman in regards to technique and temperament. In that case, he should play at 3, not 4.

Mullah averages over 50 playing at No. 4. Who else has the average this high at 4? He delivered 2 of the best ODI innings BD players ever made in WC.

Mushy averages below 37 at No. 4. However, he has been our most consistent batsman since 2014. And I think he plays spin slightly better. If we send him at No. 3 and we lose both Tamim and Mushy early, it will be a big blow down the order. Hence, I want Mushy to play at 4. But I wouldn't mind playing Mushy at 3 if Mullah can be productive again at 4. Only problem we will face is not having another dependable batsman down the order (Shakib, Sabbir & Mosa). Eventually, Mosa will be such type and this would be ideal provided Mullah maintains 40+ average at 4:

1. Tamim (big innings)
2. SS (free-flowing)
3. Mushy (best technique)
4. Mullah (dependable and cool headed)
5. Shakib (unexplained)
6. Mosa (plays according to match situation)
7. Sabbir (power hitter)
8 - 11: Tale-enders

But this is not going to happen. For now, Mullah is back in runs playing at 6 or 7. So, we're just happy about it.
Old June 9, 2017, 02:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Im a Mahmudulliever now
Old June 9, 2017, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Mamadoola big match player
Old June 9, 2017, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

ICC ODI event, clutch player. Has to bat higher in such conditions. In, AUS, NZ, England. Muhammad Mahmudullah Riyad suits best within top 4!
Old June 9, 2017, 02:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

The beast is called Mamadulla (Saved on my phone's keyboard)
Old June 9, 2017, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Mamadola is the name

Posted via BC Mobile Edition