facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 21, 2013, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I can understand the reason for PCB being concerned because of the anti-pakistani stance by some of the civilians and government.

However, I can feel that this is a "bitter" move by the PCB because they are looking for taking revenge after what we did to us a year ago. What PCB fails to realize is that there was only 1 man in the BCB who was interested in sending BD team to Pakistan and that too because of his own selfish reason.

Old December 21, 2013, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Ajfar.. Out of curiosity, I had to really investigate if Banglacricket fans were actually celebrating the news of Pakistan losing hosting rights of 2011 WC. I felt it was out of character for this Forum community. My instincts were right. NO ONE WAS CELEBRATING PAKISTAN LOSING HOSTING RIGHTS IN 2009 for the 2011 World Cup. If you read the link below to the news being broken at BC the first reaction after confusion was a general sadness that Pakistan lost the rights, but acceptance it was the right thing to do due to the security concern. Al-Furqaan bhai also commented on what if the shoe was on the other foot. The reason I point this out is so no new Pakistani or other international fans thinking of joining BC stumble on this thread and get misinformation. Here's when the news broke on April 17, 2009:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=29477
I even found a separate thread opened by a Pakistani fan at the end in 2011 saying thank you for us hosting Pakistan.

The Bangladeshi people do not have any hate against the people of Pakistan, nor any agenda. It is indeed sad that the state of Pakistan has been as is. I sincerely hope one day the situation is normal enough for all international teams to play here. The incident that happened with the Sri Lanka team in Pakistan shocked the cricket world. One cannot blame us for being happy our cricketers are not being put to that sort of risks. I do feel for their cricket supporters in Pakistan, who are the real losers here.

We just will not stand for the dirty politics of PCB. And BanCricFan you are right in that PCB will shoot themselves in the foot if they continue in this fashion. We did reportedly vote for them to host WC2011, the only country to do so.

The right decision will be taken by ICC in the end. Let us hope our house is in order by then.
Old December 21, 2013, 02:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I can understand the reason for PCB being concerned because of the anti-pakistani stance by some of the civilians and government.
There is no anti-Pakistani stance by government or civilians of Bangladesh. That is a distorted take on things (probably unintended). The spirit of 1971 is to celebrate our freedom from the oppressive state of Pakistan of the time. The war was against the state of Pakistan of '71, and the anti-Pakistan stance relates partly to that. We do not have a problem with the current Pakistani government. We never had a problem with its people. Ask Wasim Akram, who has played in Dhaka League for many years, or other Pakistani cricketers.

We do however take strong exception to Pakistan government discussing and criticizing our internal affairs in the parliament of Pakistan.

The other part most of us dislike about 1971 is our own Bangladesh-born blood killing our own people. There is anger and resentment against remnents of that anti-Bangladesh movement (called the Rajakars) from those people. I understand many support the particular party due to their strong religious belief and I do not wish to offend them. It is just tricky for many to separate their leadership easily from that anti-Bangladesh movement in 1971.

If you must know, I understand some Rajakars have also infiltrated the two main political parties over the last four decades; however, it is unlikely they influence any significant power. Greed has ensured our demise more than anything else.

Moderators, extremely sorry for political discussions here. However, I thought some of the discussions were necessary to alleviate confusion for many of the younger members and members of non-Bangladeshi origin.
Old December 21, 2013, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Nahaz - no apology needed. In context, your response was most appropriate and relevant. Thanks.
Old December 21, 2013, 02:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Thanks Zunaid bhai.
Old December 21, 2013, 06:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
... I really hope everyone is right about the chaos being over by end of January. If February comes and the chaos is still going on, I wouldn't be surprised to see ICC looking for another host. ICC is not BCB, they will not wait until 2 weeks before the WC to decide what to do. Moving location will be a huge hassle and will require a lot of work, therefore they will want to give themselves plenty of time to work with. I really hope it doesn't come down to that. If we lose the right to host this WC, it will be a long time before we get another chance again.
Thanks, Afjar. I too hope that all this stops but that will only be a wishful thinking. As long as we have these two criminal "ladies" and bearded "hujurs" involved in "politics" there will be no peace in our motherland. Some people still continues to mistake elected tyranny as "democracy" and that is a crime in itself.

May Allah forgive our wrong doings, grant us the ability to change ourselves and be worthy of a just leadership, peace and security. May Allah save BD and her people from all kind of disasters!
Old December 21, 2013, 07:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

The situation in the country is not safe atm and it is a matter of concern for everyone in the country due to political unrest. Unless Bangladesh has a proper election this violence is bound to continue.

I would rather prefer teams not come to play in Bangladesh in such volatile conditions. Our team doesn't get to play much cricket anyways and if an unsavoury incident happens to a travelling team might be the end of us playing a series for a long time.
Old December 21, 2013, 10:27 PM
Cricket Guru

The flag burning and surrounding their embassies are not helping our cause.
Old December 22, 2013, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Knew this was coming..... Perfect opportunity for Pakistan to get back at us. Also i wonder if this has anything to do with KM's fashi
Old December 22, 2013, 04:06 PM
Banned

If Pakistan withdraw maybe invite Afghanistan in place of them. I think Asia cup will go ahead maybe in different country like Sri Lanka.
Old December 22, 2013, 06:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Ajfar.. Out of curiosity, I had to really investigate if Banglacricket fans were actually celebrating the news of Pakistan losing hosting rights of 2011 WC. I felt it was out of character for this Forum community. My instincts were right. NO ONE WAS CELEBRATING PAKISTAN LOSING HOSTING RIGHTS IN 2009 for the 2011 World Cup. If you read the link below to the news being broken at BC the first reaction after confusion was a general sadness that Pakistan lost the rights, but acceptance it was the right thing to do due to the security concern. Al-Furqaan bhai also commented on what if the shoe was on the other foot. The reason I point this out is so no new Pakistani or other international fans thinking of joining BC stumble on this thread and get misinformation. Here's when the news broke on April 17, 2009:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=29477
I even found a separate thread opened by a Pakistani fan at the end in 2011 saying thank you for us hosting Pakistan.

The Bangladeshi people do not have any hate against the people of Pakistan, nor any agenda. It is indeed sad that the state of Pakistan has been as is.
I am not Sheldon from Big Bang theory. We are talking about posts from 2011, so no I don't remember which threads I saw those comments in. WC related topics weren't discussed in just 2/3 threads you came across, it was discussed all over the forum. I posted what I saw. If you don't want to believe me or if you think I am making things up because I have some hidden agenda well I can't do much about that.

Its getting harder and harder to have decent discussion with people these days in BC. You are asking me to Justify my post, because you apparently figured out everything that was written about Pak losing the right to host WC after 3 years later by reading 2/3 threads.

I didn't even say Bangladeshi people hate Pakistan. What I said was there were people (few BC member doesn't represent all of Bangladesh) in BC, who enjoyed Pakistan's misery. Leading up to the WC I came here literally every single day. I made my post based on what I saw. Maaf chai re bhai, apnake kono proof dekhate parbo nah. It was a mistake to sympathize with Pakistan, and therefore claiming that Bangladeshi people hate Pakistan/people from Pakistan.
Old December 23, 2013, 03:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

LOL is this Joke of the century?
Old December 23, 2013, 10:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Ajfar bhai.. must say I wasn't a daily site user leading up to WC2011. So if you observed it, that would be right. And sad. It wouldn't be right to be happy at the demise of another country or its people whoever it may be.

Let's just hope the country gets a lot better in two months. It is impossible to predict right now which way it goes. Would be a great loss for Bangladesh if we lost the right to host the T20 WC. Sri Lanka tour may also be in doubt at the moment. Who knows. So frustrating...
Old December 26, 2013, 12:51 PM
Street Cricketer

Hi guys. First of all Assalam u Alaikum to all of you from Pakistan. Hope you guys are fine.

Secondly I think you guys are missing the point here. It might be true that PCB is trying to settle some score with BCB on this security issue. But you can't neglect your own govt for this situation. I have seen pictures of people burning shirts of Pakistan cricket team in protests. Now I
don't know what Pakistani team has to do with the situation inside BD that they are burning their shirts. Also there is another news where BD govt has banned all Pakistani TV channels in BD and also wants to cut down all trade relation with Pakistan. It is actually your govt which wants to deteriorate the situation with Pakistan. So some reservations of PCB are somewhat justified. We have shown reservations about traveling to India in the past because of such issues despite there was no real terrorism in India.

Having said that I hope T20 WC is held in BD and doesn't move to India.
Old December 27, 2013, 04:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

WSWRB. Yeah the government is just playing politics in a bid to get re-elected. But the flag burnings from radical secularists (oh, the irony!) would probably scare anyone.

Hopefully things will cool down in a few weeks.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areesh
Hi guys. First of all Assalam u Alaikum to all of you from Pakistan. Hope you guys are fine.

Secondly I think you guys are missing the point here. It might be true that PCB is trying to settle some score with BCB on this security issue. But you can't neglect your own govt for this situation. I have seen pictures of people burning shirts of Pakistan cricket team in protests. Now I
don't know what Pakistani team has to do with the situation inside BD that they are burning their shirts. Also there is another news where BD govt has banned all Pakistani TV channels in BD and also wants to cut down all trade relation with Pakistan. It is actually your govt which wants to deteriorate the situation with Pakistan. So some reservations of PCB are somewhat justified. We have shown reservations about traveling to India in the past because of such issues despite there was no real terrorism in India.

Having said that I hope T20 WC is held in BD and doesn't move to India.
Dude, I don't know what Paksitanian pseudo-news channel you are watching, but it takes some brass balls (or complete lack of intelligence) to come on a Bangladeshi forum (being a Paksitanian no less) and accuse the Bangladeshis of fomenting hatred towards Paksitanians. Do you even know about the events that preceded the discussions about severing ties with Paksitania?
Old December 27, 2013, 11:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Dude, I don't know what Paksitanian pseudo-news channel you are watching, but it takes some brass balls (or complete lack of intelligence) to come on a Bangladeshi forum (being a Paksitanian no less) and accuse the Bangladeshis of fomenting hatred towards Paksitanians. Do you even know about the events that preceded the discussions about severing ties with Paksitania?
A completely farcical trial done only to score some cheap political points???

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 27, 2013, 11:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
A completely farcical trial done only to score some cheap political points???
Is that what you believe? Perhaps you're watching the same Paksitanian "news" channels?
Old December 27, 2013, 11:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Is that what you believe? Perhaps you're watching the same Paksitanian "news" channels?
If I didn't "believe" it, why would I post it, Einstein?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 27, 2013, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If I didn't "believe" it, why would I post it, Einstein?
Ooh, sarcastic name calling! I like.

Go preach your useless, loosely-veiled Bangali-Paksitanian bhai-bhai rubbish to someone else.
Old December 28, 2013, 12:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Ooh, sarcastic name calling! I like.

Go preach your useless Bangali-Paksitanian bhai-bhai rubbish to someone else.
Preaching is no fun. Pissing off sissies is a lot more funner. Almost as fun as urinating on drunks from the 34th floor window in the West Loop.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 28, 2013, 12:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Preaching is no fun. Pissing off sissies is a lot more funner. Almost as fun as urinating on drunks from the 34th floor window in the West Loop.
Maybe you're lost. Paksitan is approximately 1400 miles west of Dhaka. Have a safe trip.
Old December 28, 2013, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

where is the ban button? Lol..... i like the above convo, continue ...
Old December 28, 2013, 12:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Maybe you're lost. Paksitan is approximately 1400 miles west of Dhaka. Have a safe trip.
What the hell is a Paksitan?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 28, 2013, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What the hell is a Paksitan?
Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh?