facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 20, 2013, 12:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Default PCB Concerned About Bangladesh Security

PCB is concerned about security in Bangladesh ahead of the Asia Cup and World T20 tournament from late February to early April.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/702479.html

You must be joking PCB! The situation here is not that serious!

1.The political troubles will finish by late February.

2.The troubles here are political, NOT terrorism related. Hence, the travelling national teams will not be targets.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Old December 20, 2013, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Paksitanian Crikey Board being well funny.
Old December 20, 2013, 12:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Yes, they must be joking. I mean, surely! No test cricket has taken place for how many years now? With due respect, we understand our security threats very well in Bangladesh. And we don't usually tweet " we are being attacked" when a rock hits the bus, either. Need to convince West Indies. If they are fine, all will be good.
Old December 20, 2013, 12:51 PM
Test Cricketer

I love Ranatunga's comment on the Sri Lanka tour in late January a few days ago:

"We don't want to make hasty announcements right now as Bangladesh is a fellow Asian country which maintains a very good relationship with us. We have to keep in mind that we had a similar situation not so long ago and all our Asian neighbours were very supportive of us."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/699617.html

Sri Lanka as always showing their intelligence and diplomacy. Wish we had more of that sort of comments.
Old December 20, 2013, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

You guys are unbelievable. You are all pretending as if just because Pakistan themselves are in a difficult situation within their country, they don't have right to be concerned. If ICC is concerned about the political situation within our country ahead of the WC, I see no reason why PCB is out of line to be concerned.

People in glass house should not throw stones? Nahaz the situation is pretty darn serious. I don't know how you can say the situation is not that bad when we have innocent people dieing every single day. How is burning down cars/buses, destroying private properties or blocking down roads by putting down trees any less dangerous. We are getting a little too cocky these days.
Old December 20, 2013, 04:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^You are living on another planet if you think Pakistan is doing this because they are genuinely concerned. This is their puerile way of getting back at us.
Old December 20, 2013, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
^You are living on another planet if you think Pakistan is doing this because they are genuinely concerned. This is their puerile way of getting back at us.
Is ICC also trying to get back at us? People are making it sound as if there is no reason to be concerned, and PCB is making things up. I don't care if PCB is really concerned or not, my point is there is a legit reason to be concerned. Even if Pakistan is doing this only to get back at us, can we honestly say there is no reason to worry? We are living in a different planet if we think things are not that 'Bad'. I guess since its PCB its a problem for us to comprehend because we don't get along with them, but if English or Aus cricket board came out and said it we would be alright with it.
Old December 20, 2013, 04:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

we all know that the situation in BD is not good at all, we also know what PCB is trying to do here.
It is a golden opportunity for PCB to khochafy us, they just couldn't let it waste.
Old December 20, 2013, 07:41 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

If you dont feel safe, dont send your players. We are not denying the situation of Bangladesh, but BCB despite all its laziness, takes security very seriously. Period
Old December 20, 2013, 07:42 PM
Test Cricketer

We set ourselves up for this. There's some truth to what PCB is making it out to be and no point denying it.
Bottom line, political situation is at a point where anyone one would be concerned!
Old December 20, 2013, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
You guys are unbelievable. You are all pretending as if just because Pakistan themselves are in a difficult situation within their country, they don't have right to be concerned. If ICC is concerned about the political situation within our country ahead of the WC, I see no reason why PCB is out of line to be concerned.

People in glass house should not throw stones? Nahaz the situation is pretty darn serious. I don't know how you can say the situation is not that bad when we have innocent people dieing every single day. How is burning down cars/buses, destroying private properties or blocking down roads by putting down trees any less dangerous. We are getting a little too cocky these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Is ICC also trying to get back at us? People are making it sound as if there is no reason to be concerned, and PCB is making things up. I don't care if PCB is really concerned or not, my point is there is a legit reason to be concerned. Even if Pakistan is doing this only to get back at us, can we honestly say there is no reason to worry? We are living in a different planet if we think things are not that 'Bad'. I guess since its PCB its a problem for us to comprehend because we don't get along with them, but if English or Aus cricket board came out and said it we would be alright with it.
Old December 20, 2013, 11:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Would you feel safe to walk or drive in Dhaka during strike, blockade?
Old December 21, 2013, 02:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Ajfar bhai, yes every board has a right to be concerned. And I can understand every single board is watching the situation closely. However, to make a statement like this three months ahead of the T20 World Cup cannot be seen as anything other than an attempt to negatively influence other countries to tell ICC to move the tournament elsewhere.

Three months from now is a long time. I am fully aware of the situation, as I am currently in Bangladesh. If the T20 World Cup was being held right now, there would not be any spectators in the stand other than a Friday. However, by the end of February it is very likely the situation will return to normal through negotiations between the two parties. By that time, the spectators are likely to feel safe as well. All I am saying is two months is a long time in politics. Let us wait till closer to the time.

I am just not happy at PCB taking a pot shot at us. Remember how they cancelled a trip of their U-19 team (from memory) citing non-existent security concerns a year ago? This was only months after Bangladesh cancelled a trip to Pakistan citing actual security concerns: a trip which should have never been agreed to by BCB in the first lace. They never forgot that, and have now found a perfect opportunity to put BCB into further embarrassment after West Indies U-19 leaving our shores a few days ago. T20 World Cup is likely to generate a significant amount of Revenue to Bangladesh after the Capital costs we have specifically invested in. It would be unfair on Bangladesh for ICC to take action to shift venue at this point in time. Asia Cup can be postponed closer to the date if need be, or shifted. But please do not change the World T20 venue.
Old December 21, 2013, 02:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkandi4
Would you feel safe to walk or drive in Dhaka during strike, blockade?
Interesting point and accidental suggestion there... I am in Sylhet right now and feel reasonably safe.. I am half contemplating going to see the T20 Victory Day tournament right now. That's how safe I feel. Worst case scenario: move it to Sylhet and one or two venues outside Dhaka.

And no, will not feel safe in Dhaka right now. I was in Dhaka two weeks ago, and it was a bit daunting as I had just arrived in the country. I was almost at the heart of it all at Rajarbagh. Very tense police force. But Sylhet, different story. And three months from now, Bangaldesh would very, very likely be a different story.
Old December 21, 2013, 04:52 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Interesting point and accidental suggestion there... I am in Sylhet right now and feel reasonably safe.. I am half contemplating going to see the T20 Victory Day tournament right now. That's how safe I feel. Worst case scenario: move it to Sylhet and one or two venues outside Dhaka.

And no, will not feel safe in Dhaka right now. I was in Dhaka two weeks ago, and it was a bit daunting as I had just arrived in the country. I was almost at the heart of it all at Rajarbagh. Very tense police force. But Sylhet, different story. And three months from now, Bangaldesh would very, very likely be a different story.
thats an interesting story, looking at different news you would think dhaka is the only safe place right now, other then one or two cocktail incidents and some maniacs giving fire to public buses nothing much happens here, but in the news outside of dhaka looks completely different

apart from riding the bus when coming home from work i feel quite safe in dhaka, something i thought people couldn't say outside dhaka
Old December 21, 2013, 05:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Nightwolf bhai, that's great news! Maybe I have just adjusted now after three weeks, haha..

I don't think you would want to be in Rajshahi area right now. But Sylhet is manageable.. jodio bashar shamne kichu alamot dekhechi..

Achha bhai, Pakistan er eto chinta ki? Pakistan team janle to borong safety guaranteed,hehe Bangladesh's 3rd largest party is their biggest fan
Old December 21, 2013, 06:22 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Ajfar bhai, yes every board has a right to be concerned. And I can understand every single board is watching the situation closely. However, to make a statement like this three months ahead of the T20 World Cup cannot be seen as anything other than an attempt to negatively influence other countries to tell ICC to move the tournament elsewhere.

Three months from now is a long time. I am fully aware of the situation, as I am currently in Bangladesh. If the T20 World Cup was being held right now, there would not be any spectators in the stand other than a Friday. However, by the end of February it is very likely the situation will return to normal through negotiations between the two parties. By that time, the spectators are likely to feel safe as well. All I am saying is two months is a long time in politics. Let us wait till closer to the time.

I am just not happy at PCB taking a pot shot at us. Remember how they cancelled a trip of their U-19 team (from memory) citing non-existent security concerns a year ago? This was only months after Bangladesh cancelled a trip to Pakistan citing actual security concerns: a trip which should have never been agreed to by BCB in the first lace. They never forgot that, and have now found a perfect opportunity to put BCB into further embarrassment after West Indies U-19 leaving our shores a few days ago. T20 World Cup is likely to generate a significant amount of Revenue to Bangladesh after the Capital costs we have specifically invested in. It would be unfair on Bangladesh for ICC to take action to shift venue at this point in time. Asia Cup can be postponed closer to the date if need be, or shifted. But please do not change the World T20 venue.
Old December 21, 2013, 06:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:

Achha bhai, Pakistan er eto chinta ki? Pakistan team janle to borong safety guaranteed,hehe Bangladesh's 3rd largest party is their biggest fan
Correction.

Pakistan's one of the popular parties has a branch in Bangladesh and one of the major parties of Bangladesh is fan of them. That's why Pakistan is more concerned about the political situation in Bangladesh
Old December 21, 2013, 06:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Please keep politics away from cricket. Please Please Please Please !!!!!!!!
Old December 21, 2013, 06:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Please keep politics away from cricket. Please Please Please Please !!!!!!!!
I wish Pakistanis officials listen to you
Old December 21, 2013, 07:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

My request is to Bangladeshi ones in BC.
Old December 21, 2013, 07:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Mohammed C bhai, you would probably appreciate that I did not draw this thread into any debate of either of the two major political parties. I believe the two can work together to negotiate an outcome. Let us hope that will happen for the sake of cricket and for the lives of people in Bangladesh. I respect the right for individuals in BC and elsewhere to support either party. After all this is democracy and all parties contributing to it are a blessing to the country.

As to being Pakistan fans, who doesn't like Shahid Afridi ?
Old December 21, 2013, 08:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Not so long ago many people here were going insane and gloating at Pakistan's misfortunes with terrorism and political upheavals. Innocent people were losing their lives and normal human existence and security greatly disrupted and disturbed. Many here were taking immense pride and joy in declaring that country as a "failed state" -instead of having compassion and sympathy for fellow human being and their hardship. Universal moral of this story is never gloat or take joy in human suffering even they might be your enemy (also, not just because that the table could turn anytime).

Back to cricket, PCB will only further shoot at their own feet if they try to score some quick and cheap political points to get "even" with BCB. PCB is at their lowest now. They would be better off building bridges -not burning them.

And, Nahaz, I'm not a fan of Afridi. Never been a fan of mediocracy and arrogance.
Old December 21, 2013, 09:32 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I don't think anyone know how the situation will be late February. We all hope that the situation would have settled by then. But, our hopes can be dashed easily. If you believe in God, pray!!! Otherwise, hope...
Old December 21, 2013, 11:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Not so long ago many people here were going insane and gloating at Pakistan's misfortunes with terrorism and political upheavals. Innocent people were losing their lives and normal human existence and security greatly disrupted and disturbed. Many here were taking immense pride and joy in declaring that country as a "failed state" -instead of having compassion and sympathy for fellow human being and their hardship. Universal moral of this story is never gloat or take joy in human suffering even they might be your enemy (also, not just because that the table could turn anytime).
I totally agree BCF bhai. I remember back in 2010 when Pakistan lost the right to host the WC, a lot of people in BC were very happy to see that happen. I said it back than, karma is a b****. Let's not gloat at other's misery. I really hope everyone is right about the chaos being over by end of January. If February comes and the chaos is still going on, I wouldn't be surprised to see ICC looking for another host. ICC is not BCB, they will not wait until 2 weeks before the WC to decide what to do. Moving location will be a huge hassle and will require a lot of work, therefore they will want to give themselves plenty of time to work with. I really hope it doesn't come down to that. If we lose the right to host this WC, it will be a long time before we get another chance again.