facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2010, 12:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Except You Have to Name 30 by March 1st, Same thing with the World Cup you have to name your 30 by December or so
well can we change the preliminary after that date?

Old March 2, 2010, 12:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
well can we change the preliminary after that date?
Nope, unless someone gets injured.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
good call. i'm waiting to see how ash, aftab, kapali, nazmus, nazimuddin and mabuhul karim do in those matches.

agree with other name. but mahbubul karim--this guy ---not sure what he is capable of. dont remember when he made half century last. or did he make in his life time?

we have 100 batsman better than mahbubul karim.
but sure others are mentionable and i agree najmus sadat should have been in the squad.

PCL came in a very good time.
what abt ziaur rahman, who single handedly won a semi final match last year PCL with his blistering century and he is ignored.

i am glad for few ommission like
nadif chowdhury
rokibul hasan
mehrab jr

we should have added mushfiq rahim and shahadat hossain in the list. this two wont be effective in 20/20. mushfiq will be even negative for 20/20. he will miss catch and waste lots of ball. there is no time to correct his mistake in 20/20.
mithun ali or anamul haq should play as a wkt keeper.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Yes, PCL will be good practise for that format.
But I am not sure whether ICC would allow us to pick a player outside this 30 man squad, unless there is any legitimate/injury problem.
which is why we shouldn't leave out good prospects based on poor form, what if we leave out a player now because of poor form and they get into the form of their life just in time for the tournament? if people legitimately think nazmus is a no talent then i can understand not wanting him in the prelim squad.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:12 AM
Banned

my 15 picked squad will be

tamim
Mithun ali (wkt)
aftab
kapali
sakib
mahmudullah
naeem
najmul hossain milon
shuvo
rasel
shafiul

side-- mashrafe, imrul kayes,elias sunny,ashraful
Old March 2, 2010, 12:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
agree with other name. but mahbubul karim--this guy ---not sure what he is capable of. dont remember when he made half century last. or did he make in his life time?

we have 100 batsman better than mahbubul karim.
but sure others are mentionable and i agree najmus sadat should have been in the squad.

PCL came in a very good time.
what abt ziaur rahman, who single handedly won a semi final match last year PCL with his blistering century and he is ignored.

i am glad for few ommission like
nadif chowdhury
rokibul hasan
mehrab jr

we should have added mushfiq rahim and shahadat hossain in the list. this two wont be effective in 20/20. mushfiq will be even negative for 20/20. he will miss catch and waste lots of ball. there is no time to correct his mistake in 20/20.
mithun ali or anamul haq should play as a wkt keeper.
mahbubul karim does have a century (145) to his name in list A's, 14 matches strike rate of 106, average of 31. don't know what he's done in DPL, think his top score in ICL was 45 or something like that. mahbubul is just someone who would be interesting to watch in the domestic t20s, not suggesting he should be in the squad for the world t20 tournament.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannu
alok kapali ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

we have a very short term memory, we try a guy for few days,, he fails, out of the team, after some time we try the same guy, again he fails, out of the team...... and so, on and on and on....

check his record in 20/20-- either in DPL 20/20 or ICL. i am sure you will agree he is our best player in this format. cant guarantee about kapali in other format. he is a useful allrounder.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
my 15 picked squad will be

tamim
Mithun ali (wkt)
aftab
kapali
sakib
mahmudullah
naeem
najmul hossain milon
shuvo
rasel
shafiul

side-- mashrafe, imrul kayes,elias sunny,ashraful
Not saying your team is wrong, but we diffinitely do not have players for this format.
Seems like this is a 0/3 top order if not 15/5. We do not have much better players either, do we? I think our players have not understood the format well yet. We start playing it like 10/10, loose wickets and end up playing like 50 over match.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Bangladesh announce 30 man preliminary squad for WC T20.

1-Sakib Al Hasan
2-Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
3-Mashrafe Murtaza
4-Mohammad Asharful
5-Tamim Iqbal
6-Imrul Kayes
7-Junaed Siddique
8-Mahmudullah Riyad
9-Naeem Islam
10-Shahadat Hussain
11-Abdur Razzak
12-Rubel Huusain
13-Shafiul Islam
14-Syed Rasel
15-Aftab Ahmed
16-Alok Kapali
17-Nazmul Hussain
18-Dolar Mahmud
19-Mahbubul Alam Robin
20-Faisal Hussain
21-Mohammad Mithun (wk)
22-Shamsur Rahman Shuvo
23-Sohrowardi Shuvo
24-Nazmul Hussain Milon
25-Jahirul Islam
26-Nasir Hussain
27-Rony Talukdar
28-Rabiul Islam
29-Ilias Sani
30-Allauddin Babu

No place for Rakibul and Shahriar Nafees

http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...&editionID=949

this two should be out of 20/20 squad. rest are fine
Old March 2, 2010, 12:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

nazmus sadat is just another ehsanul haque sezan.... struggles when the ball is over 125-130 kmph
Old March 2, 2010, 12:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Not saying your team is wrong, but we diffinitely do not have players for this format.
Seems like this is a 0/3 top order if not 15/5. We do not have much better players either, do we? I think our players have not understood the format well yet. We start playing it like 10/10, loose wickets and end up playing like 50 over match.
hey, do you think sending an u23 team would make much of a difference? shabbir, anamul, mahumudul, babu. only u19ers but in this format they're probably not much worse than the national XI.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
hey, do you think sending an u23 team would make much of a difference? shabbir, anamul, mahumudul, babu. only u19ers but in this format they're probably not much worse than the national XI.
The way our national players are playing this format at the moment, I have to say, it may not make much of a difference.
Again, these U-19/U-23 players are not better players either, compare to current nationals.
So, we have to give ourselves the best chacne by selecting the most suited+in form+experienced players for this format and hope for the best.
Old March 2, 2010, 01:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think we should now think of ODIs and TESTs more.

so the main national team should play less T20's may be no T20

let some of our A team and u-19 players go and play these t20 version. this shorte version games could be there exposure to international matches against international players before entering the main team
Old March 2, 2010, 01:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump

let some of our A team and u-19 players go and play these t20 version. this shorte version games could be there exposure to international matches against international players before entering the main team
actually don't think that is such a bad idea, considering the gap is so big between domestic cricket in BD and international cricket then putting the youngsters into t20 for experience could be a good step for them between domestics and internationals.
Old March 2, 2010, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:

actually i think they will be better choice. atleast they have to worry about just one format at this moment. our national players cant adopt all 3 format at a time, so why do we mess with their head?

under 23 won SAG tournament. they have hard hitter and plenty all rounder. In my opinion, we should leave out all national players and form a new set of 20/20 players. from that group, we will find future one day player or test player.
Old March 2, 2010, 01:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
actually i think they will be better choice. atleast they have to worry about just one format at this moment. our national players cant adopt all 3 format at a time, so why do we mess with their head?

under 23 won SAG tournament. they have hard hitter and plenty all rounder. In my opinion, we should leave out all national players and form a new set of 20/20 players. from that group, we will find future one day player or test player.
it would be a good way to introduce youngsters to international cricket, first try them out in t20s before giving them ago in one-dayers and/or tests. would mean that the ODI and test palyers have to worry about one less format, only thing is we don't want to youngsters to focus too much on t20s.
Old March 2, 2010, 01:32 AM
Cricket Guru

is anyone else shocked by alauddin babu being included? why not robin, subashis, sajidul, nazmul (the who isn't an allrounder), even emon has more experience and i thought abul was meant to be the u19 pacer to watch. one BCB XI match and he's on the cards for a national squad call up, a WC at that.
Old March 2, 2010, 01:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

But this is a World Cup, Going up Against 2 Current World Champion Sides and this will be the 1st time these kids will fly to the Western Hemisphere ...

I know what I would do in the Caribbean

I wouldn;t mind testing them the beginning of Tour Itineraries but our board doesn't believe in T20's .

All the players that you guys are clamoring for will def be selecetd for the A Team, Next month vs SA and WI A, 4 Unoffical Tests and a Tri Series
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old March 2, 2010, 01:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
is anyone else shocked by alauddin babu being included? why not robin, subashis, sajidul, nazmul (the who isn't an allrounder), even emon has more experience and i thought abul was meant to be the u19 pacer to watch. one BCB XI match and he's on the cards for a national squad call up, a WC at that.
You Get Alli Cook and KP in 2 Balls you might get a look

Robin is in, Disappointed not seeing Roy hpoefully he gets picked for the A Team next month
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old March 2, 2010, 02:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
You Get Alli Cook and KP in 2 Balls you might get a look

Robin is in, Disappointed not seeing Roy hpoefully he gets picked for the A Team next month
ta, missed his name. yeah subashis not being there is really disappointing. subashis started out at a similar time to rubel, look what happens when one player gets a couple of chances and the other doesn't, now rubel is an automatic pick for the national squad and subashis is struggling to get noticed by the selectors.

alauddin apparently has a bit of pace, i guess good on him for his performance against england and getting the selection here.
Old March 9, 2010, 07:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Just realised Shuvaogoto Hom did not make the squad. Selectors must be banging their heads against the wall after his knock today.
Old March 9, 2010, 09:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Just realised Shuvaogoto Hom did not make the squad. Selectors must be banging their heads against the wall after his knock today.
ICC this time around changed the rules I think. You can include a player even at the last minute who wasn't included in the first 30 probables.
Old March 9, 2010, 09:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump

Quote:

Great to know I am not the only crazy one around here. We need seperate teams, National team has no business playing T20 at this point. Let them learn proper cricket first. Send our 'Z' team to these tournaments. The young ones will get exposure to play against the big boys as well.
Old March 9, 2010, 09:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

the pcl will be a good indication for who to choose - lucky that the PCL is so well timed.
Old March 9, 2010, 11:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

No SN, I though he was supposed to be one BD's best batsman, at least against spin.
No Nazimuddin, who was the one who showed great promise during the 2007 T20 World CUP Practice matches. I thing the final 15 man squad should be:
1)Shakib
2)Musfiqur
3) Tamim
4) Aftab
5) Naeem
6) Sabbir Rahman
7) Anamul Haque
8) Abdur Razzaq
9) Mohammad Ashraful
10) Mashrafe
11) Shafiul
12) Nazmul