facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 29, 2007, 01:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Captain, coach meet early

Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful and some of his colleagues got the opportunity to get introduced with their new coach Jamie Siddons aboard the Thai Airways flight from Bangkok to Dhaka.

And the 24-year-old Tigers skipper informed that they had some discussions, especially about the upcoming tour of New Zealand in December-January, with their new Australian mentor.

"He showed lot of interest in our young side. We also talked about the coming tour," said Ashraful, who returned home along with his six teammates after playing in the Hong Kong Sixes.

"We have reached a standard in the one-day game during the stint of Whatmore and now we have to achieve it in the Test level. We are hopeful that our new coach will make a big impact to fulfil the desire," he said.

"Jamie Siddons is not a big name in world cricket, but we all know that he is a very good coach. True he didn't play Test cricket but has a rich first-class record as a batsman. Player like Shane Warne even included him in his list of best fifty players," he added.

Ashraful said that their new coach's batting experience in the first-class cricket will be helpful for them because batting is the main headache of his side.

"You know our performance could have been much better had we not struggled with our batting. I hope the batting experience of our new coach will be handy for us. But the most important thing is that he was the assistant coach of world's number one team," he said.

Old October 29, 2007, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Arey Gharey na ... gharey na.... he is checking Siddons's bicep.
Ashraful bujhte chesta korche je beter bari jodi pore to koto jore porbe
Old October 29, 2007, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Probably because he didnt have a strong desire to international cricket AND in that cetain ODI he was just replacing an injured player, and at the time he was playing, Australia had many good batsmen and didnt look for more. Also maybe he was more commited to domestic cricket, that the australian selectors didnt want make conflicts with domestic and international calendar.

We can have thousands MAY be's and That's why I asked THE COACH in bold...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 29, 2007, 02:39 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
সবই বুঝতে পারলাম, কিন্ত আশরাফুল সিডন্সের ঘাড়ে হাত দেয়ার চেষ্টা যে কেন করতেছে সেইটা বুঝলামনা
আশরাফুল ছবি তুলতে দারালে সাংবাদিক তারে বলে- "এই বেটা তুই কেডা?" আশরাফুল কোচের গায়ে হাত দিয়া বলে "আমি ওনার সাথে।"
Old October 29, 2007, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
আশরাফুল ছবি তুলতে দারালে সাংবাদিক তারে বলে- "এই বেটা তুই কেডা?" আশরাফুল কোচের গায়ে হাত দিয়া বলে "আমি ওনার সাথে।"
Old October 29, 2007, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Wow! Our Ashraful finally looks grown up. Allah bless him, he looks so handsome.

Hope that he works well with this new coach. If i recall, Dav Whatmore was really critical of him for throwing away his wicket too easily. Rightly so!
Old October 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Man, this guys really appears to fit in all those physical characteristics required to look like a tough, and hardcore coach. Seems like a tough nut to crak. Thats good for our players. We need a strict person in charge to correct our batting flaws.
Old October 29, 2007, 04:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
aww ash looks really hadsome there!
Old October 30, 2007, 08:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
Man, this guys really appears to fit in all those physical characteristics required to look like a tough, and hardcore coach. Seems like a tough nut to crak. Thats good for our players. We need a strict person in charge to correct our batting flaws.
He IS what he appears to be, enter the NEXT PHASE of Bangladeshi cricket.

WARMEST possible welcome to Jamie Siddions, OUR new coach from a die-hard Richy Mac fan. We're behind you 1000% and DON'T take "no" for an answer when it comes to doing what is RIGHT for our cricket. May Allah in His infinite grace, continue bless you and your family with peace and success.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 30, 2007, 03:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
সবই বুঝতে পারলাম, কিন্ত আশরাফুল সিডন্সের ঘাড়ে হাত দেয়ার চেষ্টা যে কেন করতেছে সেইটা বুঝলামনা
"Sir, may I have your luggage please?" "Amarey captaincy thekka baad diyen na. Hatey dorsi, bolen to paye pormu!! Dhuur shala!! Chokkey panio ashey na."
Old October 30, 2007, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
At long last the BCB have finally appointed a coach!! It has been a long drawn out process as you are all aware but they have made an excellent choice in selecting Jamie.

He is in it for all the right reasons and has a wealth of playing and as importantly coaching experience. We have spoken alot over the past few weeks about Bangladesh, the coaching job, the players, the country and the people and I am very confident he will do an outstanding job with the team, taking them to a new level.

Please get behind him and provide all the support you can, as it is still a very challenging job for anyone and there is still much work to do, before BD becomes a consistently competitive team in all forms of the game.

Best wishes

Observer
Thanks a lot coach for the comments. I really wish that you are involved in Bangladesh cricket somehow. Is it possible? If possible please let Siddons know about BC as I am pretty sure we all have some questions, comments and etc. I hope by the time I am in the Bangladesh team I will have you as my coach. My wholehearted thanks for your on going support for our cricket!!