facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 3, 2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

We can say many things, lack of first class match, world-class bowling attack of SL, technique of BD batsmen yada yada yada. I agree with some of them, and some of them are true. But I still feel that luck was very cruel on us. It didn't favor us a bit. But who knows, luck may favor us in the ODIs (As Shafin Bhai said, Allah Ja Koren, Bhalor Jonni Koren), and we may trounce SL in all three ODIs and register our maiden Tigerwash against an elite team. You never know, BD produces magic jokhon deyale tader pith theke jai, we did it many times)

So, let's dream and don't lose heart. And GO TIGERS. Win or lose, we are always with you.

Old July 3, 2007, 04:45 PM
Club Cricketer

I have faith in all members of the BD team to rest my hopes on (no sarcasms involved).
Old July 3, 2007, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Yeah we'll definitely have stuff to cheer about at the end of the test series. All is not lost yet - we've been humiliated before, and have come out of it too.
Old July 3, 2007, 05:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I have been dreaming for long time and wont stop dreaming
Old July 3, 2007, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

WE are a dreaming nation which helps to live in this world...... but we should remember to make our dream true necessary steps should be taken at the right time but as we are a corrupted country ; everything goes in late

But what can we do still that is my country and can just hope everything will be allright one day
Old July 3, 2007, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

After what happened last nite, I was totally in bad mood and wanted to "juta peta" the players. i just finished watched the game in my DVR and nobody threw theirs wks but all those balls were not unplayable.

Anyhow, I will keep faith on our players and make doa so that they can get better Insha Allah!
Old July 3, 2007, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It's not about dreaming. It's a bit about faith and a lot about reality. In reality, we do have the ability to play much better than what we've done so far, and it is likely that we will have a few moments of our own over the span of three tests.
Old July 3, 2007, 07:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

You know what! Bd always win a one-dayer when they hit rock-bottom.Let's hope they score under 100 again in the next test then win the one-day match.Maybe the series:P
Old July 3, 2007, 08:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Can't believe it you guys are supporting these players. They should be greated with 'jutar mala' in BD. Can't even hold the bat and you supporting this team. They should be punished.
bhaiya. I feel the same way as you... but then again at the end of the day we are all bangladeshis and should support our country in good and bad times.
Old July 3, 2007, 08:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
You know what! Bd always win a one-dayer when they hit rock-bottom.Let's hope they score under 100 again in the next test then win the one-day match.Maybe the series:P
i have the biggest smile on my face..imagining that!!!
Old July 3, 2007, 09:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

That's the way this is to be. Thanks Shafin for a much needed thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Can't believe it you guys are supporting these players. They should be greated with 'jutar mala' in BD. Can't even hold the bat and you supporting this team. They should be punished.
In fact, SS you are supporting them too. That's why after all these painful experiences you are coming back again and again; just like some angry father who can't leave his kids for awwful deeds. We all love the players. Don't we SS?
Old July 3, 2007, 10:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
i have the biggest smile on my face..imagining that!!!
haha ur rite!!!.. after readin that.. i also got that "biggest smile" that u were talkin about!! haha!!!
Old July 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am sure ....BAN would play somewhat good cricket in ODI and we will forget their dismal performance in test .... and the next series we [fans] would start from zero with lot of hope ...........but our cricket in TEST would be in the same position ...
Old July 3, 2007, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

We will do lot better, those days are very near guys, have faith and patience
Old July 3, 2007, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
haha ur rite!!!.. after readin that.. i also got that "biggest smile" that u were talkin about!! haha!!!
haha!! lol
Old July 3, 2007, 10:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Interesting how these sentimental threads get more replies than ones talking about technical aspects of the game.

Forum members - no amount of "15 crore ppl" will push the bangaldesh cricket team to success. I mean, even NZ with their small 4 million population are better than us. It is training, and the grass roots, and a certain mental edge that will make our players perform. Let's talk about that rather than relying on our population to produce star players through sheer luck and the supposed "Law of averages" that says there will be a another Mashrafe or Rafique amongst our 15 crore population. The fact remains: the structure and the mind set must be established for good cricketers to flow from this country.
Old July 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Shafin,

I have my faith in the team. I am with the team whether we win anything, or we lose. I'm even there with the team to share the embarassments. And when it comes to responsibly allowing the team to settle down, I'm there too. It takes a lot of courage to let your team demote, but when you look at it with the prospect it has in future, then you should let that happen too. And I for one, am ready to make that sacrifice.

I don't stop dreaming for our team. I do complain. Yes, as a fan, and as a die hard fan, I have the right to do that. But when it comes to taking tough decisions for the team's betterment, I shall take that too.
Old July 3, 2007, 11:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Shafin miya re gono dholai kora uchit. Emon sentimental kotha barta koiya, ekhon udhao. Match thread e onar kono khobor nai...r aise amgo "dream" koranor laiga...

miya, eto jodi dreaming e koren, taile to ghum theika uth te parben na...uitha tarpor dreaming koren, jaate match thread e at least support ta dite paren!
Old July 4, 2007, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Ki korbo bolen bhai,classer sathe khela ek somoye poira gese,ajke 8-5 class.Ekhon ektu gap ache.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:35 AM
Administrator

I will go one further. I will stop dreaming. I will wake up "fairly soon". And enjoy the joys of a world class Bangladesh cricket team.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

একটা পুরানা কৌতুক মনে পড়ে গেলো:
জাবীর আর খলিল দুইজনে এক মেয়ের প্রেমে পড়েছে। এর মধ্যে জাবীর হইলো গিয়া লালটু মার্কা পোলা আর খলিল রঙবাজ। একবার জাবীররে খলিল থ্রেট দিতাছে। "মুনের লগে তরে আর দেখলে ঠ্যাং ভাইংগা হাতে ধরায়া দিবো।"
জাবীর কয়, "পারলে দে তো!"
খলিল থাপ্পড় মারে, "দিলাম! আর কখনো যেন অর লগে না দেখি।"
জাবীর: "একশ বার দেখবি। তরে আমি খুন কইরা ফালামু। পারলে আবার গায়ে হাত দে।"
এইবার ঘুষা খায়। "আবারো দিলাম। কি করবি? আর যেন অর লগে না দেখি।"
জাবীর: "একশ বার দেখবি। তরে আমি খুন কইরা ফালামু। বাপের বেটা হইয়া থাকলে আর একবার গায়ে হাত দিয়া দেখ।"
এইবার খলিলের মেজাজ খারাপ হইয়া যায়। আবালডারে আচ্ছামত ধোলাই দিয়া জিগায়, "কি রে, এইবার ঠিকাছে? আর যেন অর লগে তরে না দেখি।"
জাবীর কানতে কানতে কয়, "পারো তো খালি মারতে!"
প্রশ্ন হইলো, এই কৌতুকের জাবীর কেডায়? আমাগো হাই প্রোফাইল ক্রিকেট টীম, যারা বিপক্ষের হাতে ননস্টপ ধোলাই খাইতেছে, নাকি জাবীরটা আমরা অতিউৎসাহী ফ্যানেরা? ক্রিকেটাররা আমাদেরকে ইচ্ছামত থাপ্পড় মারতেছে আর আমরা বইলা যাইতেছি, "পারলে আরেকটা দে!"
Old July 4, 2007, 03:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
The Domestic structure wont help much if the players don't change their attitude and approach towards the game.
They need to feel that they are given a job and they should do it professionally.
Old July 4, 2007, 10:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Let me tell you, its not easy. It takes time. Insha'Allah we'll reap rewards in future. The players are true patriots. They're not selfish. They play their hearts out. Saying something is very easy, but converting it into reality is very tough. There is no alternative to success. Stuggle is inevitable. The fact is cricket has moved to a very high level, and we were the most unfortunate team to be awarded test status, because we were given test status at a time when no longer talent was the only necessary factor for a good show in World Cricket. In the past two three decades, there were no such high class academies, domestic cricket wasn't that strong, no wonder Windies were the superpowers at that time but not now, because cricket has changed, and raw talent is not enough to dominate your opposition. Just wait and watch, we'll emerge, but all what is required is patience. The maxim 'Patience and perseverance leads to success' shouldn't be forgotten. The next test nation in future will suffer more than us, because cricket would have moved to a more higher level during the time when Bangladesh becomes champions in world cricket.
Old July 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Shafin tumi agiye cholo, amra thukku ami asi tomar sathe.
Old July 4, 2007, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
Let me tell you, its not easy. It takes time. Insha'Allah we'll reap rewards in future. The players are true patriots. They're not selfish. They play their hearts out. Saying something is very easy, but converting it into reality is very tough. There is no alternative to success. Stuggle is inevitable. The fact is cricket has moved to a very high level, and we were the most unfortunate team to be awarded test status, because we were given test status at a time when no longer talent was the only necessary factor for a good show in World Cricket. In the past two three decades, there were no such high class academies, domestic cricket wasn't that strong, no wonder Windies were the superpowers at that time but not now, because cricket has changed, and raw talent is not enough to dominate your opposition. Just wait and watch, we'll emerge, but all what is required is patience. The maxim 'Patience and perseverance leads to success' shouldn't be forgotten. The next test nation in future will suffer more than us, because cricket would have moved to a more higher level during the time when Bangladesh becomes champions in world cricket.
well said brother