facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 4, 2006, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

First Semifinal

Epyllion Vs Acme
Epyllion 206/10 Over -43.5; Tushar 88, Gazi 29; Sharma 3/16, Munjurul 2/31, Almgir 2/35.
Acme 207/3 Over -38.4; Hannan 55, Habibul 54*, Aftab 44, Marshal 35*; Tushar 1/23, Tareq 1/38.
Acme won by 7 wkts.(Toss: Epyllion; MOM: Habibul; Venue: DCS)

Old November 4, 2006, 11:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

kumar sangakara (SL) will play for beximco in next match.

source-- ATN News
Old November 5, 2006, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Beximco defeated Partex in the 2nd semifinal.

Scoredcard

Kapali is trying out as an pinch hitting opener and Rokon is trying to stick around longer ! Finally, those boys are getting smarter

Last edited by TheWatcher; November 5, 2006 at 08:40 AM..
Old November 5, 2006, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Ash scored in teens again. JO failed in the face of first quality attack
The boys Nadif, Shuvro , Kamrul are impressive.
Old November 5, 2006, 08:41 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

That's the way an international star should perform. First match and 69 runs to earn MOM and ensure team's fighting total. Our boys should try to learn from Sanggakkara.

By the way, another sommanjonok porajoy innings from Pilot.
Old November 5, 2006, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Daily Star: Acme come up with Sanath surprise
Sports Reporter

This year's final of the Grameen-Phone Corporate Cricket League now has another added attraction as veteran Sri Lanka opener Sanath Jayasuriya arrives here today to play for Acme Laboratories.

The 37-year-old dashing left-handed batsman and left-arm spinner confirmed his participation for the first-time finalists, who beat Epyllion by seven wickets in the first semifinal on Saturday, Acme team official Fahim Sinha confirmed.

He joins an already star-studded Acme line-up that includes Bangla-desh captain Habibul Bashar, batsman Aftab Ahmed and veteran all-rounder Mohammad Rafique.

On a previous occasion, Jayasuriya appeared in the Damal Summer semifinal for Moha-mmedan immediately after winning the World Cup back in 1996.

A veteran of 105 Tests and 370 one-day internationals, Jayasuriya is one of the best strikers of the cricket ball in world cricket. Along with Indian superstars Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Pakistan's Inzamamul Haq, he's only the fourth player in ODI history to have scored more than 10 thousand runs.
Old November 5, 2006, 10:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
That's the way an international star should perform. First match and 69 runs to earn MOM and ensure team's fighting total. Our boys should try to learn from Sanggakkara.

I told it several times earlier, this guy is for sommanjonok porajoy only. He doesn't know how to play ODI. As long as we are with him, we'll never target a win.

We are no more at a level where we think about how closely we lose. Our players should play to win as we, the fans care about winning only. Until we get rid of pilot, our team spirit will not improve.
You saw our other big boy Ashraful. He's gonna lose his position in top teams soon although he will continue playing in the national team.
Old November 5, 2006, 10:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Did you guys notice two things?

1. Alok played as an opener

Is he sensing the need for an opener in our national team?

2. Ash playing as #3.

Yet another try to gain form in a more responsible position.
Old November 6, 2006, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

yep, batting at number 4, he scored a fifty and reduce the margin of defeat. But what our super talented Ash did. Batting at number 3 after a considerable good opening partnership he again succesfully throw his wicket or got out whatevr.
Miraz bhai, why you are maintaining double standard? The bottom line is Pilot is making run. Please be remember I am not a fan of Pilot. But I am disgusted with Ash. Drop him - the early the better for him, for Bangladesh.
Is not it funny? The weakest team of the world is always a 10 men team. We drop Golla, now Ash become the burden.
I do not want this would become another Ash thread but could not resist as people started to bash Pilot I think which he did not deserve in this match
Old November 6, 2006, 08:15 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
yep, batting at number 4, he scored a fifty and reduce the margin of defeat. But what our super talented Ash did. Batting at number 3 after a considerable good opening partnership he again succesfully throw his wicket or got out whatevr.
Miraz bhai, why you are maintaining double standard? The bottom line is Pilot is making run. Please be remember I am not a fan of Pilot. But I am disgusted with Ash. Drop him - the early the better for him, for Bangladesh.
Is not it funny? The weakest team of the world is always a 10 men team. We drop Golla, now Ash become the burden.
I do not want this would become another Ash thread but could not resist as people started to bash Pilot I think which he did not deserve in this match
thebest bhai, I have never maintained a double standard regarding Pilot. I am always against his tortoise batting in ODI. And for Ashraful, have I said anything here
Old November 6, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Miraz bhai,
nobody but me talked about Ash in this thread. But i think Pilot bashing is uncalled for in this thread. I talked about your double standard because of this
Quote:
Ashraful is still the best batsman in our side and we need him badly in WC 2007 to make any impact in the tournament.

Everyone is trying to write Ashraful off at the expense of some new players who are yet to prove their mettle against quality opponents and most importantly in different wicket conditions
This is on 20th on October on another thread. But you are preaching for new keeper againest Pilot just of making run at tortoise speed where our speedy Gonzaleses can not score more than 20.
On one hand you are againest new player for Ashraful who made run twice in year (in 2005 it was 18th June and 21st June; in 2006 it is 28th february and 12th august). But on the other hand you are preaching for a new lad in place of Pilot because he is not up to standard in his minor suit (keeping his major suit in which he is the best at the moment in Bangladesh). This is the double standard I am talking
Old November 6, 2006, 11:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
thebest bhai,
The bottom most line is pilot will never learn how to play ODI as he didn't learn in last ten years with around 100 ODI experience. I can remember that he took 22 balls to score his 1st run against Zim like side when our team was winning (ultimately won that match). When he takes the bat then we lose the match well before it is over. I can't simply tolerate this.
Here we are discussing about the Beximco vs Partex match. Pilot came in as upper middle order batsman. He got enough, enough and enough time to settle in. He took 111 balls to score 68 while he was watching his team losing. I can't simply tolerate this. Had he scored 25/30 more runs then his lower order could breath easily and the result could have been different.
There was time when Pilot used to play with our other stars like Nannu, Akram, Bulbul, Durjoy. We used to play to close gaps against big teams. We never played to win. Pilot is still playing the very same game while it has changed totally from our perspective.
About Ash, I said my point in the thread and vodro loker ek kotha.
Old November 6, 2006, 12:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Khaled Mahmud90342233.78
Who was captaining this side?? (partex semifinal match 2006)

Last edited by Tigers_eye; November 6, 2006 at 02:22 PM..
Old November 6, 2006, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quite a few of us (including I) want to see Pilot being replaced by Mushfiqur Rahim in the coming ODI series against Zimbabwe, but don't you guys think Mushfiq needs to earn his place in the team first ?

He (Mushfiq) did not make any impact at all in CCL. I don't know why, but Epyllion did not include him in the team for their semifinal match and played Mohammad Selim instead.

Mushfiq still has two rounds of NCL and an A-team match to improve his form with bat. But until he can do that, what is the point of discussing whether to replace Pilot or not ?
Old November 6, 2006, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Good point TheWatcher bhai. I was going to say the same thing. We keep talking about his batting ability and we all know about his potential, but where is his recent performance? I haven't seen any good consistent performance from him in recent days.
Old November 6, 2006, 08:32 PM
Cricket Legend

even tho mushfique is not playing in CCL doesnt change the fact that he is a far better player for ODI version compared to pilot. Atleast with Ashraful we know that he will win us 1 out of 50 match. With pilot... he can never be a match winner. He must Go....
Old November 7, 2006, 06:52 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Beximco restricted Acme for 235 and Jayasurya failed make any impact.

Acme Vs Beximco
Acme 235/10 Over - 49.5 Habibul 68, Aftab 56, Hannan 32, Nazmul 5/51, Raj 2/31

Good Bowling by Nazmul and good batting by Habibul and Aftab.
Old November 7, 2006, 06:58 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

WOW!! CCL finished with a very close match. Acme defeated Beximco by 3 runs to lift the trophy for the first time.

Acme 235/10 Over - 49.5; Habibul 68, Aftab 56, Hannan 32; Nazmul 5/51, Raj 2/31
Beximco 232/10 Over -49.2; Sangakara 76, Mashrafee 33, Raj 29, Ashraful 19; Hasibul 2/21, Rafique 2/39, Monjurul 2/42, Alamgir 2/48
Acme won by 3 runs (Toss: Acme; MOM: Aftab; Venue: DCS)

Ashraful again failed to lift his team. Sanggakkara's lone battle wasn't enough for the win.
Old November 7, 2006, 07:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Final match scorecard

I am definately impressed with Nazmul. He got the wicket of Jayasuriya (the same Jayasuriya who had beaten him to pulp last time). Aftab probably milked him good, but Nazmul got his wicket too. In the death overs, he mopped up the sloggers (Rafique, Dhiman, Shanta) and made sure Beximco had a very reasonable target to chase (though they failed to do that).
Old November 7, 2006, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

I am happy that our local heroes decided the fate of the match.
Old November 7, 2006, 09:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Quote:
Ashraful again failed to lift his team. Sanggakkara's lone battle wasn't enough for the win.
Well..A very common thing for Ash-Fool.He never plays for team (being irresponsible always and never giving value to your wicket means same thing).

I am really happy seeing Mashrafi and Razzaque making a good pair at the end.They are becoming a very valueable asset for our lower order.
Old November 7, 2006, 10:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

its definately encouraging to see that the domestic competition becoming more competitve. it seems that some of the former national players are trying to make a comeback by the only way they should, performing well in domestic games and perform consistently. names that cought my eye are hannan sarkar, nazmul hossain and kapali, they seem to be doing better than some of the current national players. it can only be better for our cricket
Old November 7, 2006, 12:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

A lot of things we can achieve from this CCL. We can judge (who will?) our national heroes. People out of national team can claim their spot as well.

Ash failed in both Semi-final and Final. It's another indication of his talent of throwing wickets at below 20.

Aftab is a match winner. He contributes at least 50% outings and the day he contributes, there's big chance of winning the match.

Bashar is still the most consistent batsman in the team.

Pilot always plays for the losing cause and doesn't know how to play ODIs.

Mashrafe is turning to be a good all rounder. His strikes at death overs are crucial for the team.

Rafique losing his batting ability with age and handing it over to Mash. His bowling is still crucial to restrict the opponent.

Rajjak Raj is maturing as an asset for us.

Hannan sarkar, Kapali, Rokon are still roaming inside their boundaries. A 35+ score is a mighty one for each of these players.

Nazmul can be considered close to our pace duo (I'm excluding Mash).

Even Aftab bowls better than our one time ace pacer Shanto. A clear indication of how much we improved.
Old November 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

To add to FaridpurChicago's post, it is good to see Rokon is trying very hard to curb his aggression, even though the approach has not brought him much success yet.

Shafaq Al-Zabir should be also considered a success from this competition, especially for his performence in this match. I hope to see he is given a chance in the A-team match against Zimbabwe.
Old November 7, 2006, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaridpurChicago
A lot of things we can achieve from this CCL. We can judge (who will?) our national heroes. People out of national team can claim their spot as well.

Ash failed in both Semi-final and Final. It's another indication of his talent of throwing wickets at below 20.

Aftab is a match winner. He contributes at least 50% outings and the day he contributes, there's big chance of winning the match.

Bashar is still the most consistent batsman in the team.

Pilot always plays for the losing cause and doesn't know how to play ODIs.

Mashrafe is turning to be a good all rounder. His strikes at death overs are crucial for the team.

Rafique losing his batting ability with age and handing it over to Mash. His bowling is still crucial to restrict the opponent.

Rajjak Raj is maturing as an asset for us.

Hannan sarkar, Kapali, Rokon are still roaming inside their boundaries. A 35+ score is a mighty one for each of these players.

Nazmul can be considered close to our pace duo (I'm excluding Mash).

Even Aftab bowls better than our one time ace pacer Shanto. A clear indication of how much we improved.
bhai too immotional a post...

i believe aftab is a match winner also. ppl tend to forget his 67 against india. that won us the match. i am very hopeful about him.

bashar is a nothing ODI batsman, against zimbabwe and kenya he will come good, but nothing much against the big dogs.

mash is not near a geniune all rounder. he is clueless against even decent fast bowlers. however, his batting against picchi medium pacers and spinners is a HUGE asset for us.

nazmul was our pace man...but i wouldn't read much into this CCL performance. the quality is too low.

but i agree with ur other points.

#OneTeam1Dream