facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Is $20,000.00 too much?
Yes 13 22.81%
No 36 63.16%
Maybe/Not sure 8 14.04%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 29, 2007, 09:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
On a serious note, how do you call Dhaka, goohole? When was the last time you were there? Dhaka is one of the best places to live. Just like any other places on this earth you need to spend money to live a good life and its same in Dhaka.
Dhaka is the best city,but.... for us Bangladeshis.
But someone coming from overseas, specially from a country where its main two cities are a permanent member of "Top 5 cities to live in the world"... he/she might share a differnt view.

but then again, i can give you 250,000 reasons why JS thinks Dhaka is the best city in the whole wide world... .
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old October 29, 2007, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

For what he is hired to do, the amount is not that high.
Old October 29, 2007, 10:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinmaruf
Simply, we are not as rich as Indian board.... we don't (our board) earn as much as they do.
As the saying goes..... "You are only as BIG as you vision yourself to be!"

If you are scared to invest big for big things... you dont really deserve to dream big!
Old October 29, 2007, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinmaruf
http://www.dailyinqilab.com/october29/pdf/sp.pdf

check it out.. it says $20,000 monthly!

Simply, we are not as rich as Indian board.... we don't (our board) earn as much as they do.
Bro, here's a few things.

1. Different newspapers are showing different figures, so we don't know what to count on.

2. Even if it's $20,000 a month, it's highly worth it.

3. If you want a professional coach, you have to spend money for it. It's like hiring the country's biggest corporation's managing director.

4. I don't see a reason why a high-profile coach will come for cheap. I'm sure you know how much high-profile individuals get paid for their time? In the US and Canada, it's not so uncommon to find individuals being called for consultations, and being given over $500 for an HOUR. But after the consultation, you know that you've learnt exactly THAT which the others who haven't paid that $500 didn't learn.

I just hope that we take out the $ amount out of this whole equation. If BCB didn't have the money to spend, they wouldn't go for a deal like this. It's as simple as that. And once there's a deal that's been made, lets just spend a few extra dollars and buy some popcorn...coz I see a future in this team that will allow me to enjoy them while watching them play within a year or so.
Old October 29, 2007, 11:00 AM
Street Cricketer

It seems that some of the member talks like my dad – always converting dollar to taka and making big deal out of it. It’s all relative. While 150M taka a month makes you a very rich person in Bangladesh, $20K does not do so in USA or Australia. Depending on which city you live in 20K may just earn you a middle class status.

I would have understand the worth of this thread if we were paying a local or regional coach this much money.
Old October 29, 2007, 11:40 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

200,000 a year or 20,000 per month, I think it's just about right for a good head coach.
Old October 29, 2007, 11:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

it is good money, but come on. his job is an international coach of a test playing nation. this is a very professional job in sport....
Old October 29, 2007, 11:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

and in the uk $20,000 is £10,000....and a doctor is is paid on average £13,000 a month in uk. so i will fink of it as a mid high working class income
Old October 29, 2007, 12:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Its appropriate...he is the head coach of a test-playing nation. You want the best you have to fork out the cash. Having said that, he will have to deliver and justify his compensation in the eyes of the Bangladeshi fans.
Old October 29, 2007, 12:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

We got the best thing out in the market. the assistant coach of Australia. We have to pay for that. And i am sure BCB did the math before they got him. its not like BCB is going to pose a cricket coach tax on BD people. not that BD people pays TAX in the first place...
And btw how do you know MCiness asked less? May be he asked the same price. cause when you interview for a job you see what's the market price for that job not what the employer would pay. Negotiation comes after the initial offer. so may RM asked for same kind of money and hence BCB chose him...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 29, 2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

compear to DEV it is too much.
Old October 29, 2007, 02:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Joe Torre used to earn 7 million per session for NY Yankees...tiger woods earned $100 million in the 12th month period in June 2007..what's wrong with getting that money for coaching Test nations...There is no point openning up a thread with salary digits/numbers...some ppl deserve and earn that money others don't. These are not regular professional ppl like us (doctors, engineers, scientists, businessmen etc. etc.). There is only one Joe Toree, only one ARod, only one tiger...only one BD coach.
Old October 29, 2007, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

If Tintin is right, BCCI paid Chappell $185-$175 per year. Comparing to that Siddons' salary (I am assuming Inqilab's figure is right as they seem to have a good connection with BCB) is obviously higher than what his market value should be.

Unfortunately, Lipu went back to Siddons after running out of other options (IMO, he himself should have talked with Siddons during T20 WC instead of sending Mahmudur Rahman), and was in no position to bargain about this. So, for next two years atleast, BCB just have to suck it up and pay Siddons bit extra.
Old October 29, 2007, 06:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Guys it's 20 000 a month adding up to 240 000 a year! That's half of Greg Chappell got paid. It wasn't a million per year. It was 450000 or 500000 US per year because he also looked after A and academies. Also if you are overseeing national squad and other developmental squads or players obviously the price would go up. He's a good coach, he got paid by what the market demands for a decent coach. McInnes and Whatmore gave us what he had. Time for a change and time for a new voice. You can't expect anyone to perform miracles right away but hopefully, he can bring good and positive changes to the team. When I think of Bd team, there are so many problems. How do you create good fast bowlers? Or calm and collected batsman? And good out, in and slips fielders? Too many problems but the rate of improvement is as slow as the electoral process has been in BD. Just do something already. We are way too behind. Play with urgency and DO SOMETHING.
Old October 30, 2007, 04:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

20,000 per month is actually not that much even if it is all year round and he gets paid during holidays. State and county coaches get more money. No wonder many top level coaches rejected us!
Old October 30, 2007, 06:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

To guys who complain about the money,
Doctors and Engineers earn about $100,000 in Australia a year...and they're just ordinary ppl with a 4-6 year degree and 10 years of experience.Of course a coach from Australia should be paid a lot higher than an ordinary citizen...plus think of his stature as a coach...he can't do magic, but he'd do the job just about as good as any other cricket coach on the planet..highly reputable, and also has sth to prove. If he loves our team, he'd also want to help out these haba-buba cricketers and turn them to men....
Old October 30, 2007, 12:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think it is too early to say if this is too much or too less. It the answer will depend on the outcome he can deliver. If he can make us a strong test side within 2 years, I would consider 20,000 per month to be very small. On the other hand, if we stay where we are or do even worse, it is W-A-Y T-O-O M-U-C-H.
Old October 30, 2007, 12:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

NO.

If you want to drive a Bentley and pay for a rickshaw, you'll probably end up with a glorified rickshaw inside a "Bentley" body fashioned out of cheap cardboard and cheaper paint ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 30, 2007, 12:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Lets take a look at a simple math:

Dav's payscale vs. Siddons payscale
=
BD Cric Standard from 2003-6 VS. Expected BD Cric standard in 2007-9

Its a change that should really be one-way... both in terms of standards and investments.
Old October 30, 2007, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B

=

Its a change that should really be one-way... both in terms of standards and investments.
Spot on ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 30, 2007, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B

=

Does that means we. the fans, can expect atleast 4 wins in next world cup? Anything less will be considered a failed investment? (Assuming Siddon is getting twice the salary than Dav)
Old October 30, 2007, 01:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I think we are missing a point here.
I dont think anyone is really questioning the price tag of Jamie Siddons.

All i could see is Blazinmaruf "raised" a question, he didnt even complain.
A question that has a validity to be raised and i think we all came to conclusion that the price was worth paying.

We all are saying the same thing, but in a different words.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 30, 2007, 01:21 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Does that means we. the fans, can expect atleast 4 wins in next world cup? Anything less will be considered a failed investment? (Assuming Siddon is getting twice the salary than Dav)
We should expect at least 4 wins in a world cup 4 years from now. If we fail to do so, it would be a failure for the players just as much as the coach.
Old October 30, 2007, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
We should expect at least 4 wins in a world cup 4 years from now. If we fail to do so, it would be a failure for the players just as much as the coach.
You guys are thinking way too ahead and Im dissapointed in your very low expectations
Old October 30, 2007, 03:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Does that means we. the fans, can expect atleast 4 wins in next world cup?
Sorry bro... next world cup is in 2011.. and Siddons has been contracted for 2 years only. So who knows what the payscale of our Coach will be during next WC! It might even be higher!