facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2019, 05:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Dhondi’s glove now going commando with no logos
Mushy once had a pair of camouflaged gloves.

Old June 9, 2019, 11:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

South Africa could certainly use his services right about now:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafr...er/265564.html
Old June 10, 2019, 02:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Mushy once had a pair of camouflaged gloves.
Was he asked to remove it by the ICC?
Old June 10, 2019, 02:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Liton Kumar Das

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...বেলও

I’m all for liton replacing mithun, but sacrificing miraz for rubel? specially when there’s 3/4 lefties in the SL top and middle order? I would rather get rubel in for saifuddin.. saif doesn’t swing or generate pace with the new ball.. and we already have an old ball pacer in Mustafizur.. rubel can reverse in the late stage just like saif does so there’s no concessions anyway..we need a bowler who can dish out a couple of short balls every now and then..granted rubel is more of a skiddy bowler but is at least better suited to try it than saifuddin..how I miss a fit and firing taskin!
Old June 10, 2019, 02:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fush_montor
https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...বেলও

I’m all for liton replacing mithun, but sacrificing miraz for rubel? specially when there’s 3/4 lefties in the SL top and middle order? I would rather get rubel in for saifuddin.. saif doesn’t swing or generate pace with the new ball.. and we already have an old ball pacer in Mustafizur.. rubel can reverse in the late stage just like saif does so there’s no concessions anyway..we need a bowler who can dish out a couple of short balls every now and then..granted rubel is more of a skiddy bowler but is at least better suited to try it than saifuddin..how I miss a fit and firing taskin!
I would actually drop Fizz to get Rubel in the squad. Saif has been doing good in death and he is a wicket taker. No point in dropping him.
Old June 10, 2019, 05:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Why did koli support smith? Stupids will never learn lesson, have you seen racist crowd of Australia and the cheats were fairly mocked, will he stop cheating NO. Heard about how golfer Vijay Singh’s (Fiji) career was tarnished when he overtook Tiger Woods, did the racist white crowds stop blaring everyday he was cheater, and real cheater Woods wins Medal of Honor coz he brought golf back in limelight, which helps trump resorts and excuse for his cheating- oh at his level it is so difficult to control advances, oh yeah.
Old June 11, 2019, 12:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desh99
Why did koli support smith? Stupids will never learn lesson, have you seen racist crowd of Australia and the cheats were fairly mocked, will he stop cheating NO. Heard about how golfer Vijay Singh’s (Fiji) career was tarnished when he overtook Tiger Woods, did the racist white crowds stop blaring everyday he was cheater, and real cheater Woods wins Medal of Honor coz he brought golf back in limelight, which helps trump resorts and excuse for his cheating- oh at his level it is so difficult to control advances, oh yeah.
A wrong doesn't make another wrong, right. That is why.
Old June 11, 2019, 12:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Afghanistan is having a very rough WC. Controversy brewing:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...hammad-shahzad
Afghanistan have been plunged into controversy with wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Shahzad claiming that he was incorrectly declared unfit and omitted from the World Cup squad. However, the Afghanistan Cricket Board insists that Shahzad was indeed unfit, which is why he has been replaced by Ikram Alikhil. Shahzad, 32, retired hurt during Afghanistan's warm-up game against Pakistan on May 24, but subsequently played the team's first two World Cup matches.

He underwent a knee scan during the warm-up match against Pakistan. In the two matches that he did play, he was out for a three-ball duck against Australia, and made 7 off 12 against Sri Lanka. Afghanistan lost both matches. But while Shahzad has reportedly insisted that he was fit, the ACB chief executive, Asadullah Khan, was adamant that there had been no foulplay in dropping the wicketkeeper-batsman.

"It's absolutely wrong to say that he was unfairly dropped," Asadullah told ESPNcricinfo. "We have given a medical report to the ICC to prove that he is unfit, and after thorough deliberation they allowed us to replace him. He is our main batsman, who can make a big difference with the bat, and it was a really difficult decision to drop one of our key players." Shahzad's medical report, a copy of which has been accessed by ESPNcricinfo, does confirm that he has a mild ACL strain on his left knee.

Asadullah explained that since attaining full membership, Afghanistan had increased their focus on fitness. "Now that we are full members, our priority will be on fitness, in international and domestic cricket," he said. "We can't carry unfit players. We understand Shahzad was not fully fit when he still went on to play two games and this is not acceptable anymore."

Shahzad, after returning to Afghanistan, launched a broadside against his ouster while speaking with local media, accusing the ACB higher management for the move. "I went to a doctor in London and he drained my knee of some fluids, gave me a pill and said that I could play after resting for two-three days," Shahzad told media in Kabul.

"I had a practice session, bowled, batted, and had a keeping session... had lunch with my team-mates, and then sat down in the team bus (to return to the hotel) only to see the ICC press release on my phone saying I am out of the World Cup," he explained. "That was the moment when I found out that I was unfit.

"I asked the manager, who asked me to put the phone in my pocket and talk to the doctor. The doctor looked at me helplessly and said he couldn't do anything. I don't know what is the problem. If they have a problem, they should let me know. If they don't want me to play, I will quit cricket. "I don't see myself playing anymore. It's a dream to play the World Cup. I was removed from the 2015 World Cup [he wasn't selected for fitness reasons] and now this one as well. I am going to consult with friends and family. My heart isn't in cricket anymore."

Shahzad is no stranger to controversy, despite having been a pivotal figure in Afghanistan's extraordinary journey through the ranks to Test status. He missed out on playing during a large chunk of 2017 following an ICC suspension over a doping violation. Last year, he was found to be in breach of the ACB's code of conduct when he played in a local Peshawar tournament, and was asked to reside permanently in Afghanistan or risk having his contract terminated. Shahzad is Afghanistan's highest ODI run-getter, with 2727 runs at an average of 33.66 in 84 games.
Old June 11, 2019, 12:58 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I dont understand..he was not taken in 2015 wc for fitness issue..this should hsve been a wake up call and he should have worked on his fitness..hevlooks unfit to play, you dont need to be a doctor to see that
Old June 11, 2019, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

In terms of fitness, he is unconventional. He is visibly fat but as long as he can score runs and medically OK, he should be allowed to play.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old June 11, 2019, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I dont understand..he was not taken in 2015 wc for fitness issue..this should hsve been a wake up call and he should have worked on his fitness..hevlooks unfit to play, you dont need to be a doctor to see that
Fitness is nothing if you can score runs. See David Boon, Ranatunga, even De Silva.
Old June 11, 2019, 01:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Dhawan out of the world cup, amadar chance ase eibar jita
Old June 11, 2019, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Beating India or Aus is easy. Win toss, bat first, score 330. That's all. Let score board pressure do the rest.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old June 11, 2019, 01:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
... Win toss, bat first, score 330. That's all. Let score board pressure do the rest.
If you know this, If I know this, why did not Mgmt know this against Eng? With our luck we will lose both the tosses and bat second.
Old June 11, 2019, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If you know this, If I know this, why did not Mgmt know this against Eng? With our luck we will lose both the tosses and bat second.
Probably the most brainfarted decision we have made at the toss in recent years, would make even Mushfiq proud
Old June 11, 2019, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Fitness is nothing if you can score runs. See David Boon, Ranatunga, even De Silva.
Also to add to that list: our own Akram Khan. (Not that he scored many runs in total).

And who can forget that Bermudian guy who took a catch that the island experienced a mini earth quake.

Derek Pringle and Botham got plump towards the end of their careers.

Some of the Zimbabwean batsmans of the past.
Old June 11, 2019, 07:54 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
not totally out..news says he will stay despite injury..out for next 2 matches sure.
Old June 11, 2019, 08:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Every single player who has reasons is ready to suspend himself except our useless captain!
Old June 11, 2019, 08:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
The man who may replace may doom us
Old June 12, 2019, 08:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Finally, they take Pant. The most interesting cricketer in India, IMHO
Old June 12, 2019, 09:58 AM
Cricket Sage

উইকেট নিয়ে আইসিসির প্রতি বেশ বিরক্ত সরফরাজ আহমেদ। ভারতের তুলনায় পাকিস্তান কঠিন উইকেটে খেলছে বলে মনে করেন পাকিস্তান অধিনায়ক

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%BE%E0%A6%A8
Old June 13, 2019, 10:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Old June 13, 2019, 11:16 AM
Cricket Sage

যা খেলার বৃষ্টিই খেলছে

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%9B%E0%A7%87

তবে রিপোর্টার একটা গাধা, ব্যাট আর বল দিয়াই ক্রিকেট হয় না রে পাগল। সাথে ফিটনেস, ক্যাচিং, কিপিং, রানিং এগুলাও লাগে। আবেগে কাইন্দালাইছি মার্কা রিপোর্ট। মুশফিকের আত্মীয় মনে হয়।
Old June 13, 2019, 11:53 AM
Cricket Savant

So what does it exactly mean for our qualification should all matches get washed out from now?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 13, 2019, 12:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
So what does it exactly mean for our qualification should all matches get washed out from now?
Still..... At least we had some games.
What woyld have happened if all games were washed out???