facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2019, 03:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

IMO depite me disliking Liton, we need someone who will take over the gloves (eventually). Despite Liton scoring that 94* there were alot of silly errors he got away with and by that time Windies bowlers had mentality lost. What impressed me was he got set first. If he could only work on his footwork.

Old June 18, 2019, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
That’s why Sabbir is/was important to the team but unfortunately his lack of development has really taken a lot away from the team that it could’ve had. imagine a team consisting all of soumya, liton and Sabbir but they happened to be more consistent and all averaged 35+ (like the current seniors) soumya and Sabbir strike at close to 100 and liton is 85/90.
Sabbir regressed in many ways. He was a useful finisher but he has not been able to deliver for years. His 100 against NZ in a losing cause is useless. I rate Soumya's 29 run knock higher than that useless century.
Old June 18, 2019, 12:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Finally Bangladesh got a capable replacement in the place of Mithun Chakraborty (I am a Disco Dancer).
Old June 18, 2019, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

What a talent this guy is! Take a bow son.
Old June 18, 2019, 07:04 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I just hope he doesn't follow this innings with a string of low scores, otherwise we're back to square one again.
Old June 18, 2019, 09:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I think he is at a different league compared to other tryouts. He may have occasional lapse in performance because of inexperience but I believe we have got a pure batsman in him.

His comparatively better keeping is actually a bonus.
Old June 19, 2019, 12:36 PM
Cricket Sage

..had the talent, now showing some maturity. When he first came his batting had some weakness (all leg side shots), but he worked hard and addressed some of the technical issues. He plays with confidence from the beginning, but gets out prematurely. he went back and produced some good innings in local league. He got one chance against Ireland tour andhe produced, get got into the team as reserve. Now he got another chance to play in the WC and in his first WC game, he came in difficult situation and he showed enormous maturity and skill to give Sakib a hand to take us up-to the end. What more can you expect from a young reserve player from his first game in WC?

I know its just one game. But in this one game he was a gem.
Old June 19, 2019, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
..had the talent, now showing some maturity. When he first came his batting had some weakness (all leg side shots), but he worked hard and addressed some of the technical issues. He plays with confidence from the beginning, but gets out prematurely. he went back and produced some good innings in local league. He got one chance against Ireland tour andhe produced, get got into the team as reserve. Now he got another chance to play in the WC and in his first WC game, he came in difficult situation and he showed enormous maturity and skill to give Sakib a hand to take us up-to the end. What more can you expect from a young reserve player from his first game in WC?

I know its just one game. But in this one game he was a gem.
Totally agreed, even a Litton critique cannot complain.You have to have tremendous ability to play your first game in the world cup and score 94*(69) coming at a situation where your team is in a precarious position.

The thing about litton is, he is the ideal batsman moving forward. Mithun or Imrul will play these good slow innings here or there but seldom strike it over 80. Litton came in and scored at 130+ without taking too much risk at the beginning. His 76 against Ireland was class too, effortless.

It was also great to see that he actively tries to rotate strike which Mithun, Sabbir and Riad can't do.

I hope he is consistent and alsp improve a few things, which includes his footwork when ball is bowled close the stumps
Old June 20, 2019, 12:51 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

With Mossadek reportedly out due to injury.. very very important for Liton to put up a good score today
Old June 22, 2019, 06:46 AM
Test Cricketer

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...music-5789304/

Quote:
“A few years ago, he would have run away from a bouncer. I have lost count of the number of times he had been hit on the helmet or the body. There had been times when even we even feared for his safety while batting. Maybe, he was very short that fast bowlers targeted him with short-balls. It also didn't help him that he never looked to duck or sway from bouncers. He was so feisty that he wanted to take them on,”
Quote:
“Sir, why can’t I play the pull shot like others. I want to be a better puller than all of them. Please help me sir or I will quit.”
Quote:
So after the regular sessions were over, he used to take him to nets and feed him with chest-high full tosses from 15 yards. “The same old trick, wet tennis balls at his body. The number of balls he faced went up from 100 in the first week to 300 by the third. After a while, every day I used to wake up with a shoulder strain,”

Quote:
“We needed 46 runs in the last three overs, and he just came and belted Hossain for five successive boundaries,”

“After the first pull, the opposition captain stationed three fielders in the leg. But it didn't matter, he kept playing the pulls, beat them all and we won the match with 2-3 balls to spare,”
Love reading such stories!!
Old June 22, 2019, 09:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Lol even in domestics you can count on Rubel for screwing up 45 from last 3
Old June 23, 2019, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...music-5789304/

Love reading such stories!!
wonderful article. thanks for sharing.
Old June 23, 2019, 01:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
wonderful article. thanks for sharing.
Nice article although talks only how ecstatic Montu D is from the two pull shots his ex student produced - could be little more analytic and investigative.
Old March 27, 2021, 02:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Maybe it's time to drop Liton from ODIs. He has played 43 ODIs and stat-padded his below 30 average. If you take away the 6 50+ scores he has from his 43 innings, his batting average is less than 14 from the remaining 36.
Old March 29, 2021, 02:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Maybe it's time to drop Liton from ODIs. He has played 43 ODIs and stat-padded his below 30 average. If you take away the 6 50+ scores he has from his 43 innings, his batting average is less than 14 from the remaining 36.
If you do the same for Kohli (take away all of his 50+ scores) then he averages like 19 or something. Not defending Liton just saying you can’t take off someones good performances, everyones stats will drop if you do that.
Old March 30, 2021, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Liton is one of the best batsman in Bangladesh. I would pick him as one of the first names in the team sheet. However he should not open. He should always play in the middle order or late order. Opening in domestic is not the same as in international game.

Bangladesh should open with Naim and Tamim. I am not sure why Naim is not given adequate chances. Naim is better than those Shadman Afif and Saif Hasan (all of them extremely over-rated).

In the bowling The new Mehedi is far superior all rounder than Mehedi Miraz . Miraz can play in test but should be nowhere near odi and T20 team.
Old July 19, 2021, 07:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

LKD needs yo be a bit more consistent I think.

He’s got the potential to bash the Zimbabwe bowling but somehow he’s not too patient .
Old July 20, 2021, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

For me technically, Mushy and Tamim are our greatest ever batsmen.

I expect Liton to be added onto that list in a few years.
Old January 20, 2022, 03:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Stepped it up a bit recently, very nice to see. Let’s see what he can do from here, looks to have worked on the mental side of things in test cricket which has been the biggest reason he’s improved.