facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 12, 2005, 08:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Not just Bangladesh but also Australia !

No.. I am not joking here

Just yesterday... Australia collapsed and they lost their last 7 wickets wihin a space of 34 runs, giving England a lead of 6 runs. And today Bangladesh did something very similar (last 7 wickets for 33 runs).

Though the final outcome is quite different (Aus-350+ but BD less than 200)... but it still shows what the effect of stressed nerve can do to a batting order!

Don't step down already members. Srilanka is a Class team.. and with scary Bowlers like Murali attacking from one end, Batsmen can lose their nerves!

I will still say that it was a far far better starting of the innings that BD put up today.. which could easily have gone to 350+ score if they just could have won the 'nerve-game' . Likewise... Australia could really have scored nearly 600 if they won theirs. For Aussies, this collaps may even cost them their Ashes!

Calm down fans... and lets try to accept the real strength of the team. Every match is a new one and it starts from Zero. Past successes are only inspirations. There will always be downpoints in the team's performance along with successes.

Edited on, September 12, 2005, 2:00 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: spelling

Old September 12, 2005, 09:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Very good point about holdiing the nerve. I hope our batting will be better in 2nd inning.

As for AUS inning it was not about nerve. It had more to do with couldy sky (ideal condition for swing blowing) and some fast and accurate bowling with crazy swing from ENG bowlers.

AUS example might give BD some consolation but I don't think it will be a comparable secnario. Our batting failed because of our inability and lack of nerve but AUS batting collapse because of some extra-ordinary bowling.
Old September 12, 2005, 10:34 AM
Club Cricketer

Every step is a learning curve for our boys. They are learning and I am sure within couple of years we would see the results. For the records there are no more ban Bangladesh campaign going on so relax and enjoy the cricket (Habibul's 84 is a prime example)
Old September 12, 2005, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

it's so funny to compare bangldesh's performance to that of Aus.

I have been following the Ashes from the start. English players are enjoying their forms of life! On the other hand, most of the Aus batsmen are completely out of form. Still they are keeping their nerves right and using the experiences.

They could win both of the matches they lost (one by 2 runs, another by 3 wickets), if luck did not do it all at the end. In this last match, again it was luck in England's favor. Almost two days are washed away. And the Aussies are still trying for a win. That's cricket!

To my opinion, it is kind of disregard to the Aus team making the comparison with Bangladesh. BD batsmen are incapable of playing at this level. I am sorry for saying this; but it is true. Cricket is more of a mental game and that's the main field where we lag the world by miles.
Old September 12, 2005, 10:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Australia was batting under couldy sky, porr light and humid condition.
ideal swing and seaming condition for bowlers.
and flintoff bowled all morning, 18 overs non stop.
the light was also poor and austrlia was offered the bad liight but they refused cause they had to win the match.
Old September 12, 2005, 11:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by nas
Australia was batting under couldy sky, porr light and humid condition.
ideal swing and seaming condition for bowlers.
and flintoff bowled all morning, 18 overs non stop.
the light was also poor and austrlia was offered the bad liight but they refused cause they had to win the match.
So what bangladesh was also batting hmm hmm on a pitch :duh: