facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 9, 2005, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Default physio! to blame or not to blame.

i think we are cursed. whatabout u guys.

Old September 9, 2005, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Don't blame. Just fire him and replace with Gloster.
Old September 9, 2005, 12:50 PM
Banned

don't worry, DJ Sahastra is back with pagla baba; everything will be fixed.
Old September 9, 2005, 12:54 PM
Test Cricketer

is javed injured? please someone answer

Edited on, September 9, 2005, 5:54 PM GMT, by israr.
Old September 9, 2005, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by israr
is javed injured? please someone answer

Edited on, September 9, 2005, 5:54 PM GMT, by israr.
I don't think so. He batted on the 3rd day despite a second day report of his injury (from 1 source). He should be fine. I think they made a mistake. May be a minor injury. Will be fine before the test.
Old September 9, 2005, 02:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Why waste time blaming him. Just get rid of him!
Old September 9, 2005, 02:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Javed hurt his elbow and for a precautionary measure he was rested while BD was fielding.I think he will be ok for the first test.And regarding Rafiq ,he was in the net for a while so would be ok too.

But the news of Tapash's injury tells us something is not right.

Let's pray for BD for a good start.This team is becomming unpredictible day by day .
Nothing wrong in loosing but they should put a good fight.

I am counting on this
Old September 9, 2005, 02:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Get rid of this idiot physio. Friggin bangladeshi gram-er daktar will do a better job.
Old September 9, 2005, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif
Get rid of this idiot physio. Friggin bangladeshi gram-er daktar will do a better job.
in the other thread i have suggested to employ someone with alternative treatment expertise to work along with physio if his treatment doesn't work.
most of our players are not used to scientific treatment and they don't respond, they are more adopted to alternative treatments such as:
1.sorisha theler malish
2. pani pora
3.homeopathy
4.lati chalan
etc.
BCB should seriously consider my proposal to keep fit at least 11 players in the squad for the present and future tours.
Old September 9, 2005, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Get rid of this idiot physio.
Yes get us a better idiot.
Old September 9, 2005, 04:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Do not know how tough it would be to get rid of our Physio.I think he is under contract with BCCB for atleast 1+ years and firing him would depends fully on the terms/conditions he has with the board.
Before signing any contract he must have checked all the clauses available to support him favourly if situation arraises like this.

Any way,my opnion is fire him and forget about him.BCCB is a rich Org so money should not be an issues here but finding a good physio can be a months long job.
Old September 9, 2005, 04:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Getting rid of physio (without losing the money) is not a issue at all if the contract clause doesn't prevent BCB to modify the job assignment a little bit. In that case just reassign him as Rafiq's personal Physio fulltime. I bet that will atleast splve one problem one way or another.

Edited on, September 9, 2005, 9:28 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old September 9, 2005, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by CricTiger
Do not know how tough it would be to get rid of our Physio.I think he is under contract with BCCB for atleast 1+ years and firing him would depends fully on the terms/conditions he has with the board.
Before signing any contract he must have checked all the clauses available to support him favourly if situation arraises like this.

Any way,my opnion is fire him and forget about him.BCCB is a rich Org so money should not be an issues here but finding a good physio can be a months long job.
Physios are not your typical 1st round draft picks. They don't have the jack to put all those clauses you are talking about. You can hire good physios with a couple of phone calls.
Old September 9, 2005, 05:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Any one know how this under par Physio got selected at the first place and what was his back ground.

Do not tell me that he is another Aussie and DAV had a role to play on this!!
Old September 9, 2005, 05:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Heh, i'm fuming about the incompetence of our physio, and all youz are goin on about contract clauses and what not!!! Don't gimme your law firm hanky panky while i'm too bizzy fuming over this idiot.
Old September 9, 2005, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Heh, i'm fuming about the incompetence of our physio, and all youz are goin on about contract clauses and what not!!! Don't gimme your law firm hanky panky while i'm too bizzy fuming over this idiot.
why are you fuming? Do u know every situations here? He is a sports physician/physiotherapist - not a magician. Injuries do happen and can happen to more than one.

Your hero, rafiq is not necessarily right if he FEELS he wasn't given proper treatment. If you are told to rest, you rest - that's a TREATMENT.

In general patients feel very differently about their doctors... Let's say one doctor only spent 5 mins listening to a patient, and rushed the prescription - the patient may FEEL this is a bad doctor and then there is a doctor who spends 45 mins talking about your family history then comes up with the same prescription but u feel this is a good doctor......

My point is.. it doesn't matter what you feel the physio is doing... Someone needs to evaluate it professionally keeping in mind that injuries DO happen to multiple players at a time...

Hopefully, we won't be reading any more of this nonsense about hire/fire comments w/o much thoughts on its effects.
Old September 9, 2005, 10:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well put Orphy! If there are legitimate concerns it should be handled in a professional manner by competent people. We, as genuine fans of Bangladesh cricket, should look to promote professionalism, not 'ad hocism'.
Old September 10, 2005, 12:25 AM
Test Cricketer

whatever u guys say.....u can't ignore the recent run of injuries in our team, and the murmurs from players that suggest that they aren't satisfied with Paul Close.

I never heard anything like this during John Gloster's tenure.

by the way orphy and zobair.....this is blog.....we express ourselves when we're fuming. We don't leave it to the "competent" people when we're blogging. This is blog.
Old September 10, 2005, 12:45 AM
Street Cricketer

Surely it is not the Physios fault that the players get injured? Let us be reminded that the Pysio's job is to treat injuries and monitor (and treat) the rehabilitation of injured players. Also, a player must take responsibility for ensuring that they do everything they can to ensure that they are in the best shape physically. The Physio must be there to assist them, but in the end the player must be responsible.
With regards the reported falling out with senior players such as Rafique - maybe we should look at the "common denominator" in these incidents to actually find out what is the problem??
Old September 10, 2005, 01:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Simple as this , all Bangladeshi players played without passing the fitness before . "Paul Close" is very high profile physio , he was the fitness trainer of Afl team in Australia . One example , long time before when Rafique was injured then he had an arguement with the old physio and then he passed on fitness test . Nazmul played without passing the fitness test on 2nd odi . Those things gotta be looked at now , otherwise they can't perform later in the future . We have to get rid of our stupid thinking to sack the great physio .
Old September 10, 2005, 02:08 AM
Street Cricketer

Ummm - Paul Close is from New Zealand - not Australia!!! He is obviously a very good physio as otherwse he not be appointed. I'm assuming that each player doesn't do a fitness test before each match unless they have been "under an injury cloud" - then he would do a test to ensure that he is OK to continue.
If the player gets injured in a match that is "unlucky" not the fault of the Physio?????? Let's get off blaming the Physio. he is doing the best he can.
Old September 10, 2005, 04:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
Do u know every situations here? He is a sports physician/physiotherapist - not a magician. Injuries do happen and can happen to more than one....

..........My point is.. it doesn't matter what you feel the physio is doing... Someone needs to evaluate it professionally keeping in mind that injuries DO happen to multiple players at a time...

Hopefully, we won't be reading any more of this nonsense about hire/fire comments w/o much thoughts on its effects.
For all of you people's information... BD's current physio probably has much less 'on-filed' experience as a sports-physio than our previous ones.

As I had read in one of the Dailies... his previous experiences were more as a physiotherapist in Clinics than with sports teams on field. As much as we might want to believe him to be a capable proffessional...I'm afraid there may be some real reasons of worrying.

Anyway.. time will say how good he can do with the team. Lets just hope he doesn't make any more blunders.
Old September 10, 2005, 07:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

patient's feeling about doctor argument does not work. players did not complain about their physio before. why are they complaining now?
Old September 10, 2005, 07:31 AM
Banned

all the health professionals are registered under a regulating body. they ensure competence and appropriate conducts of the professionals in the respective area. if there is any doubt about someone's competence or conduct, the issue can be raised to the professional regulating body but firm evidence is needed to validate the issue.
on the other hand, it is unfair on him and also disrespectful just to speculate his inability and calling for his head.
if there is any issue regarding his ability, it should be investigated by bcb and take it from there.
Old September 10, 2005, 10:55 AM
Test Cricketer

guys as a matter of fact the whole bd team is kind of physio haters.
1) cricketer complained a lot about gloster to the meidia.
2) robie hunt( who was very popular 99 team) was chased rafiq with a bat in his hand last december after he failed a fitness test.