facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 5, 2005, 05:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default Don\'t just blame the BD cricketers

We may be asking too much from our cricketers. Like all other games, Cricket is a game of discipline, concentration, physical fitness. Cricket being a long version of game this needs more of these than any other games. We talk about not having strong domestic cricket infrastructure, but that is not the base of main problem. I think the main issue comes back to infrastructure of a country as a whole. Bangladesh, in no where can compete in any international aspect, let alone Cricket. The only reason we thought they could because of *some* improvement after spending special attention on cricket and spending millions of dollars. If cricket was played by as many countries as soccer in the world, BD would not be number 10, they would probably be as close to their FIFA soccer ranking. The point is, the loosing mentality, lack of confidence and dedication are seen in alomst every national aspects in Bangladesh, so why we are asking magic from our cricketers. Most of the BD fan here are overseas living and probably do not have much idea of recent Bangladesh. The mentality of BD people are degrading rapidly, in BD, you would hardly see anyone can think straight. Every aspect of development are crooked by corruption and political influence that includes cricket. The environment these cricketers are growing up does not help them to keep up with international level. Look around, all the countries are playing on top levels have better infrastructure-both social and economic than BD. Some may argue about SL because of their existing conflict but SL still is a country with lot of discipline and developments. India, Pakistan are better structured and these countries have had better structure than BD since its birth. ZIM economic and political situation came into disarray recently and now their Cricket is suffering. Kenya is pretty much ruined by the same reason. WI is going down and their cricket life span is probably not too long. Winning mentality is not built overnight, it needs strong inspiration, unfortunately our cricketers dont have that. They only go to crease with their 'ma-er doa'. When BD is able to establish itself as a 'developing' country, our cricket will be 'developing' as well. If BD keeps diminuting their political, economical and social structure, its cricket will go down as well. No coach or physiatrist on earth can change that. While our mind search for some short of success somewhere at the limited international level we can't deny the fact how s'wed up our nation is getting day by day. We can only hope everything will start improving among other things, cricket as well. Hope and shine once in a while. If i had the authority, for a quicker solution, i would divide BD national teams in 2 or 3 A teams and send them to play overseas all year around. The more they stay out of BD, quicker they will improve. Very sad to say this but this would be the path of a quick improvement

Edited on, September 5, 2005, 10:39 AM GMT, by crickwizard.

Edited on, September 5, 2005, 10:42 AM GMT, by crickwizard.

Old September 5, 2005, 05:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quite interesting. I tend to agree with you on the relationship between the general state of a country and the state of its cricket.
Old September 5, 2005, 06:44 AM
Banned

well said crickwizard.
we need more members like you in this forum.
Old September 5, 2005, 09:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Well said ,want to hear more from you .
Just want to add one more thing ..we need a good competative first class league in the country.
Old September 5, 2005, 10:41 AM
Banned

i nominate this for front page article.
Old September 5, 2005, 01:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

well written by cricwizard, u know wt bro?? i kinda got mad after reading ur 1st 5 or 6 lines. u sounded like we bengalis are not capable of doing anything. but i did understand ur point when i got to the end. ya u have some very good points. but brother we really don have to b that pesimistic. i know corruption is everywhere in our country. polictical environment, corrupt government, poverty if al these directly influence us then we should say our cricketers are doing a great job. because our boys have definitely improved alot after taking all these things in to account. cuz i know how corrupt our country is and i m not from from overseas. but we still love this country, don we?? as a cultural inharitance our expectations fluctuate wayy to much. wen we are optimistic we expect beyond imagination, and then wen our team upset us we think our players are good for nothing. yes our players are inconsistant, but wen we ourselves are not consistant about our expectation how could we expect them to b consistant. all i m trying to say is we should b realistic and try to improve our cricket. i think the corrupt structre of our country as a whole may have some influences on our cricketers for not having been consistantly successfull. but the only main problem is infrastructure of our domestic cricket. we should just concentrate on this, cuz we could change it sooner then we could change the infrastructure of the country as a whole. yes our country is corrupt, and it has it's bad effects on us, but we should not b dissapointed and give up all hope of improvements in other aspects. brothers all i m saying is, we should not try to dig that deep, that would just help us to be dissapointed. we know our boys are talented, we should just give them some time and improve the infrastructure for them. good days will come soon.
Old September 6, 2005, 04:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

yeah, lets hope for the best and still keep the young team travelling and stay away from 'vegailla' food in BD. Yes, we need a strong league to grow young cricketers
Old September 14, 2005, 01:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Once again, don't only blame the cricketers :bald: