facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2019, 06:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Today's match doesn't change anything for us.

We have to beat Pakistan to have any chance of progressing. If we beat Pakistan, they are out due to poor NRR unless they thump Afghanistan. If we also beat India, our position becomes very strong.

This leaves, Sri Lanka and England. Sri Lanka has three tough matches is likely to win only 1 against West Indies leaving them on 8 points.

England must win against India on Saturday to maintain their status as favourite to progress. If that happens, we will have no option but to beat both India and Pakistan, as England will be sitting on 10 points, and our 1 win will leave us with 9 points.
People be like ruling off England WHILE they are in top 4 and boosting/lulling us into false sense of confidence as if beating BOTH Pakistan/India will be cakewalk! Ridiculous.

We need to maintain our cool, snake-like quiet demeanor. Suddenly NightWolf's pessimistic posts are like tonic. lol

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old June 27, 2019, 06:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

I hope Bd can beat India and Pak. Not only that England will have to lose their last 2 games.
My lineup would be
1) Tamim
2) Soumya
3) Shakib (captain)
4) Mushfiq
5) Liton
6) Mahmudullah
7) Mossadek
8)Miraz
9) Rubel or Abu Jayed
10) Saiffudin
11) Mustafizur Mashrafe is out of form and he needs a break. Shakib is good for captaincy.
Old June 27, 2019, 07:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
welcome back Beamer. nice to see you
Thanks !
Old June 27, 2019, 07:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Good to see Mo. Welcome back!!!
whats up Z man !!
Old June 27, 2019, 07:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Thanks !
Are you also on Cricwebforum?
Old June 27, 2019, 07:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Yea potentially a knockout match OR a total meaningless match...
OMG. Looks who's back.

Tehsin, Zunaid, Rubu, have all been gone for 3+ years. Of course the exodus was started by ATMR.

It had just been RazabQ and Tigers Eye among the old guard all this time...with some small inputs by me from time to time. I had actually gone into retirement but the WC brought me back.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 27, 2019, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

There is no way England will losses two out of two. If anything they may very well win two-two. We are not going through with only a win over Pakistan. We need to both beat India and Pakistan to qualify. That's it, that's all. Anything less, pack you bag and head home. No need to go to semi-final like that only to be knocked out
Old June 28, 2019, 01:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

We have already exceeded our expectations this world cup. It hurts to say but our WC will be over after the India game.

No way are we winning against India. They always seem to win the toss in crucial games against us.

Pakistan game is a 50-50 if we bat first. It will be a no contest if we bat second. A combined world XI team also will struggle to chase a score Pakistan sets when they are in this mood.
Old June 28, 2019, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Please - let's worry about the Pak game later. We need to beat India first and all our concentration should be that. Don't even wanna hear or think about Pakistan right now. All that matters for now is beating India and what we need to tell the players is the truth - beat India and be a superstar in bangladesh. Whatever wrong you did till now will be forgiven and forgotten once you perform in that match. This should be enough to spur the winners from Bangladesh. The fake winners will wilt under the heavy pressure - perform in this heavy pressure match and it shows your mettle and shows you got the stuff
Old June 28, 2019, 01:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
No way are we winning against India. They always seem to win the toss in crucial games against us.
This is so true - not sure how they always manage to win toss against us in crucial encounters I hope God is kind towards us in the next match with the toss at least.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old June 28, 2019, 06:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Even if we lose to India then there's still a chance for us to sneak in to the 4th spot.

Here's how:

1) England must lose their remaining matches.
2) We must not lose really badly against India.
3) Sri lanka must not win 2 out of their remaining 3 games.
4) Pakistan must not thrash the Afghans so much so that their NRR is better than us by a big margin.
5) We MUST beat Pakistan in which case:
- England will have 8 points
- Bangladesh and Pakistan on 9 points each.

Whoever has better NRR will go through.
Old June 28, 2019, 06:44 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Damn that newzeland match..Eng losing both their matches looks quite unlikely..this is a good team and I dont think they'll lose 4 in the trot
Old June 28, 2019, 07:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Damn that newzeland match..Eng losing both their matches looks quite unlikely..this is a good team and I dont think they'll lose 4 in the trot
They are low on confidence. I don't see England beating India. NZ is 50-50. Let's hope England remain where they are with 8 points after 9 games.
Old June 28, 2019, 07:16 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekyd
They are low on confidence. I don't see England beating India. NZ is 50-50. Let's hope England remain where they are with 8 points after 9 games.
Ind is not as strong as we think they are. Their middle order is a mess. without dhawan if you can get kohli and rohit out Eng will be in business. Its because of our team dynamics(no penetrating bowlers) it'll be very tough for us to beat India as India can out bat us and then control with their bowlers

May not be the same case vs England
Old June 28, 2019, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

^^
Both games will be played on Edgbaston, a rather slow-ish pitch that should benefit Asian teams. IND playing first against ENG and then playing with us on same pitch will definitely have advantages of known conditions (apart from the obvious).

If we ever see both Soumya & Liton firing in the same game with bat, we can tear apart any team.
Old June 28, 2019, 07:43 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
^^
Both games will be played on Edgbaston, a rather slow-ish pitch that should benefit Asian teams. IND playing first against ENG and then playing with us on same pitch will definitely have advantages of known conditions (apart from the obvious).

If we ever see both Soumya & Liton firing in the same game with bat, we can tear apart any team.
What happens if LD and SS fires also RS and VK fires in the same game? Bowlers will win the game as LD and SS will have to face better bowlers
Old June 28, 2019, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
What happens if LD and SS fires also RS and VK fires in the same game? Bowlers will win the game as LD and SS will have to face better bowlers
In that scenario India wouldn't stand a chance. RS and VK are India's two best batsmen and they are supposed to fire. If LD and SS find form I'd rate BD batting 2nd best if not the best in the world, arguably only behind Aus.
Old June 28, 2019, 08:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
In that scenario India wouldn't stand a chance. RS and VK are India's two best batsmen and they are supposed to fire. If LD and SS find form I'd rate BD batting as the 2nd best if not best in the world, arguably only behind Aus.
Here is the problem..LD firing is 120 of 90 balls and SS firing is 100 of 80 balls

RS trully firing is a double ton..if you add VK's ton with that..things doesn't look that good all of a sudden

Although these are just mere speculations
Old June 28, 2019, 08:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Here is the problem..LD firing is 120 of 90 balls and SS firing is 100 of 80 balls

RS trully firing is a double ton..if you add VK's ton with that..things doesn't look that good all of a sudden

Although these are just mere speculations
I don't think it'll be a 80 ball 100 from SS. Even if it is, believe me, all on a sudden everyone else's strike rate will increase 30-40%, including Tamim's. It'll be our batting against IND/PAK/SA in 2015 on steroids and make our innings against WI look pretty boring.
Old June 28, 2019, 08:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Ind is not as strong as we think they are. Their middle order is a mess. without dhawan if you can get kohli and rohit out Eng will be in business. Its because of our team dynamics(no penetrating bowlers) it'll be very tough for us to beat India as India can out bat us and then control with their bowlers

Without SD, they may struggle a bit. Dhoni is holding lower middle order and Kholi is holding the middle order. Good mixture of young and experience. I think they did alright against the pace attack of AUS.

I do get your point. However, given that England must not slip up may trigger the choke button. They will be under tremendous pressure.
Old June 28, 2019, 05:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

India are the strongest team in the tournament thus far. With messy middle order, they are still undefeated and may very well finish the group stage that way. They are probably the strongest favorite to win the whole thing. Doesn't mean that they will, but thats how I see it.

Can we beat them? Of course. If Sri Lanka can beat them in 2017 Champions Trophy and Pakistan can beat them in the final, we can surely beat them. But, we have to bring our A game and play 90-95% to beat them.

Looking forward to both games vs IND and PAK.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 28, 2019, 08:08 PM
Cricket Guru

SL is effectively out of the picture. Now the race is between Eng, BD, and Pak for the 4th spot.

Now the pressure is on, England is very likely to choke.

To be honest, my bet is on Pakistan. They're peaking right in time, like they often do in ICC events. They took their sweet time to get the team combination right, but later is better than never.
Old June 28, 2019, 08:35 PM
Cricket Guru

High scoring part of the WC seems to be over. As predicted before the WC, teams are batting with more caution in the later part of the WC, now that stakes are high.

Our best chance will be not to take the pressure, keep attacking without fear.
Old June 28, 2019, 08:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen

To be honest, my bet is on Pakistan.
Don’t play yourself like that man. I hate to see someone play themselves like this.
Old June 28, 2019, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
Don’t play yourself like that man. I hate to see someone play themselves like this.
Just trying to make an objective observation as a sports fan. Off-course, a Fizz magic or some Soumya miracle can completely change the scenario.