facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2003, 11:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default urgent !

I need to know the location of Rafiq,Tehsin,Rajputro to place the Qs for radio show. And if possible the full name. I know Fahmida Wullah is from Dhaka.

Addressing to all, if you have any Qs to ask BD ex-cricketers please post the Qs by today.

Sorry to ask you for your information this late.

Prohor

Old February 1, 2003, 12:04 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Tehsin's full name is Sheikh Tehsin Ali.
Old February 1, 2003, 12:23 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default locations

I'm in Dallas,
Rajputro bhai (i'll leave the name to him) in Houston.
Old February 1, 2003, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Rafiq Ahmed, Chicago, IL
Old February 1, 2003, 01:56 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Mahmood Rejwan
Houston, Texas.
Old February 1, 2003, 04:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default RADIO SHOW

Sheshprohor,

Please tell us something about your radio show. Where is it ? What has it to do with Bangladeshi ex-cricketers?

I am a Bangladeshi ex-cricketer, by the way.....

An AMATUER CRICKETER though!!!

And, what is your location, by the way ?
Old February 1, 2003, 04:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Thank you all for sharing your name and loc.

Doorbin,

I have posted the message earlier in a different post. Anyway I am giving the info one more time.

Do you have Q for toronto radio to ask??

All,

There will be a radio show in toronto, sunday, 2nd feb 2002 from 12 pm to 1 pm local time. They will bring some old experienced cricketers from BD. and there will be a discussion. You can go to the site www.betarbanicanada.com to listen live to that prog. You can call during the prog to ask Q(I am not encouraging ppl living outside NA). OR you can post Qs in this forum so that I can ask them on behalf of you. Lemme know guys/gals.

alternate site to listen to the radio:
http://www.birach.com/wtor.html< br />

Prohor
Old February 1, 2003, 04:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default ONE QUESTION TO RAKIBUL HASSAN

[Most of you will not recognise this name. As far back as my memory goes, Rakibul Hassan was a player from East Pakistan in the Pakistan team at that time .... pre-independence. He was a high class batsman. Bangladeshi cricket lovers expected that Rakibul Hassan would play a test match and show East Pakistan's potential, however, the opportunity was rare]

My question to Mr Rakibul Hassan -

Do you think Bangladesh cricket standard has REALLY IMPROVED ? If yes, but what percentage compared to 1971? And compared to 1985 or so?
Old February 1, 2003, 04:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Doorbin,

Sorry not to mention who are coming to the show.

The two guests appearing on the radio show will be Bachchu (Opener batsman of the first BD 11 after liberation, who was also in the selection committe afterward)
and Nehal Hasnain (who was number 3 batsman in BD team arround 80 and also the vice captain of the ICC team in 1986). I will ask them the Q you posted.

Prohor
Old February 1, 2003, 04:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

and also it will be helpful if you give your full name and location, if no prob

prohor
Old February 1, 2003, 04:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default THANK YOU

Sheshprohor,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Please provide a summary and highlights of the radio prgram in this forum, if possible.

This website is my main newsstand for WC 2003.
Old February 1, 2003, 04:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default SWEET MEMORIES

Knowing the names of Bachchu and Nehal Hasnain brings me back those good old days at Dhaka stadium. Those nice sunny days at noisy Dhaka stadium.......

Myself, usually holding JHAAL MOORI or ICE CREAM in one hand and a binocular on another. Busy talking and making forecasts, or expert comments [CHAPABAJI AAR KI ? ]

Bachchu was a classical opening batsman. I can clearly remember his batting. He was a cool batsman, stylish and occassionally hit some boundaries.

Nehal Hasnain had a very different style. He was hard-hitting and aggressive. He played some wonderful shots. His batting style was quite similar to Lipu's (Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu - captain of Bangladesh team for a long time), and Akram Khan's.

Bangladesh cricket had STARS all the time. The present STARS are being noticed because of the international recognition. Some of the other previous notable cricketers were Dawlatuzzaman, Jahangir Shah Badshah, Lintoo (the spinner from BUET, if I can remember his name right), Golam Nowsher Prince, Farook Ahmed, Atahar Ali Khan, Rafiq (batsman), Saad (seamer), Ishtiaque, Munir, Hadi (Shurjo Tarun), Enamul Huq Moni etc.....

How does time fly ????

Old February 1, 2003, 05:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default NAME & LOCATION

A.R.A.Quaderi
[Also known as Abdur Quaderi]
Old February 1, 2003, 06:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Thx doorbin for sharing the wonderful days of your memory. Yah You are really true. We had some talented batsman.....My all time favourite is Nazim Shiraji, he was, to my thinking , god gifted.

Thank you so much again for your lovely remarks

Prohor
Old February 1, 2003, 06:45 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default :)

How bad is it when I can remember all the names (except for Lintoo) from Doorbin's post when I am not even 30. By the time I am 40, half the current team will be retired.
Old February 1, 2003, 09:26 PM
Banned

Yes, who was Lintoo ?

Loved the time when Misha scored 200+ for DU.

Remember those days when we played against Honkong, Singapore....those sunny warm days when our opponents were skittled out for 53 or so.

The only players from the past I believe could have prospered under Test conditions are...

1) First and foremost - Atahar Ali
2) Nazeem Shiraji
3) Dawlutuz-zaman
4) Raqibul Islam (maybe)
5) Badshah (that memorable knock of 47 against Imran's Omar Qureishi xi)

No more unfortunately...in my opinion...No Lipu, Prince, either.
Old February 1, 2003, 11:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Lintoo's official name is Kh. Nazrul Quader. He was a great left arm spinner. The other important, yet unconnected thing about him is that he stood first in the SSC examinations. Later, he did his graduation from MIT and to the best of my knowledge he is somewhere in the West Coast now.
Old February 2, 2003, 01:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Khondokar Nazrul Kader Lintoo was
a great leg spinner. He was a also a brilliant student (He stood first in the
SSC combined list from Dhaka Board).
He was a student of Physics at Dhaka University and after 2 years moved to USA
to pursue undergraduate studied at MIT.
Hence had to leave cricket early.

In Bangladesh's first international match ( 3day) against MCC he got 4 wickets and got the best bowling award, and the best batting award was obtained by Yusuf Babu (scored 69). Later he also played against the visiting Deccan Blues lead by Ajit Wadekar. Ex-Indian captain mentioned Lintoo to be a Test level player.
Lintoo never left his Para's club Young Pegasus, despite Abahani and Mohammedan tried to lure him.

As far I know Lintoo earned his Ph.D from UC Barkley and is a World famous scientist in his area (electrical engineering)

Sorry for a long post. Couldn't resist to review those sweet memories.
Old February 2, 2003, 03:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default DON\'T HAVE TO BE SORRY

Zakir,

You don't have to be sorry for your long post. I really enjoyed reading it. This is exactly the way to talk. Recall our nice memories....

It's a typical Bangladeshi style isn't it ?

Even I wasn't sure if his name was Lintoo, therefore in bracket I mentioned (FROM BUET), because I was sure no one in BUET until now has broken Lintoo's cricketing record.

Funny how we fans are......

It's a strong emotional attachment. Once a fan, lifelong a fan. A supporter will follow a STAR as much as he (or she) can. See how much information about Lintoo has now been revealed....

And now you, Pundit, come on tell us about your Hong Kong and Singapore stories. I love to hear real life stories.

Please tell us more.

When I am in the right mood, I'll tell you some of my stories as well.

Oh yeah, stories like how I flew over the Namibian beach, ..... and etc etc...

Old February 2, 2003, 12:35 PM
First BC Member

Default Tehsin

Tehsin, you've got to post these messeges on your main site somewhere. (may be under a new site called "HISTORY". Otherwise, these information will be lost forever.

Do you guys know how long have I been frusrated at watching other teams' history and there was only 1 page on history of Bangladesh cricket on BD Cricinfo that doesn't even exist now? And that 1 page included only the fact Bangladesh was a part of Pakistan and that in 1979, Robin Miller (not sure about the last name), an English reporter wrote something about Bangladesh and then MCC team visited Bangladesh and eventually the then BCB asked for ICC associate member status in 1979.

And since the talk about History came, as well as of Raquibul Hassan - first of all where is his son now (had high hopes on him once - Sajid Hasan - our only inherited cricketer - after knowing about the Flower brothers, Crains, Chappells and others).

Secondly, I wanted to save a copy taht was published on Bangladesh Cricinfo main page after Bangladesh's getting test status, and Raquibul Hassan's interview - video interview was there. In fact, that was the only video posted on Bangladesh Cricinfo I think. That was also the time when I heard about Raquibul being selected for Pakistan team in '71.

Bangladesh Cricinfo should update these little things - like he was one of the selectors once etc., since there is a database there somewhere under Bangaldeshi players' name of Raquibul.

Old February 2, 2003, 12:42 PM
First BC Member

Default Sorry, but

With all these exciting news, I forgot about the bad things - things that I wanted to write here.

I am in advance apologizing to everybody whoever reading this topic, to make their happy mood turn bad, and that is because I want to ask something bad.

With all these stars, why couldn't we win the ICC trophy earlier? I know that there was Zimbabwe then - (read all about the past ICC trounaments in '97's Kriralok, the past captains' views on their failures in last ICC trophies) but there is Zimbabwe still now remains, as well as other big teams.

Most of the players that are named here, under this topic, has failed over their lifetime as players at the ICC level.
Old February 2, 2003, 12:43 PM
First BC Member

Just like our present stars are failing against the big teams.
Old February 2, 2003, 01:57 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default GRRRR

My apologies to Prohor. Bhai, I just realized that I could have posted the radio information on my main page.
Ekta kotha aache - Chor palale buddhi bare - pretty much what happened to me. next time any one bring up something like this, please nudge me a little cause I need reminders from time to time.

Another LATE LATE thought: Can I get a written trascript about the show ? An audio feed would be good but don't know how we can maange that. Maybe Raj bhai can help us.

[Edited on 2-2-2003 by tehsin]
Old February 2, 2003, 07:51 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Just give me a mp3 of the show, I will do the rest.

A good start would be recording the show on tape first. Then I can suggest how to convert that to mp3.
Old February 2, 2003, 09:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash
Default Nazeem Shiraji\'s cricket career

I was too young to follow the cricket when Nazeem Shiraji was in the field. Is there anyone who can let me know a little bit more about Najeem shiraji's cricket career and the reason why he was considered one of the most gifted player of BD of all time?