facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old December 23, 2008, 05:11 PM
Cricket Legend

I challenged you bujheekom.

Old December 23, 2008, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
he is actually one of my best bowlers...and he is a Bangladeshi...maybe fatigue was an issue? ah, it's ok, it is only one match, he is like the Mortaza of my team. anyone remember Mortaza lost the game for us in a last ball thriller Bangladesh vs. Zimbabwe?
I do.
Old December 23, 2008, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I do as well, on Youtube I thought it was Shahadat though?
Old December 23, 2008, 07:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i love this game !

however, i have one serious problem with it: this game if you havn't noticed: all the names of the Bangladeshi players are not eally Bangladeshi...i expect to see more names like: Mohammad Rubel, Nazim Shaikat, you get the jist...

what kind of Bangladeshi name is :Citraman Ramakan(yes, the same guy i compared to "Mortaza" )? do you know any Bangladeshi by this name? why is the names forall the other countries is "Realistic" and yet Bangaldeshi names are just a ripoff from the Indian Calcutta....This is unjust!

there should be players with Bangladesh nationality with names like: Mizan, Miraz, Mehrab, Ashraful, Shahadat, Mithun Ali, Sajib you know common Bangladeshi names. our culture in this sense is distinct and unique from Pakistan and India you know...
Old December 23, 2008, 08:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
i love this game !

however, i have one serious problem with it: this game if you havn't noticed: all the names of the Bangladeshi players are not eally Bangladeshi...i expect to see more names like: Mohammad Rubel, Nazim Shaikat, you get the jist...

what kind of Bangladeshi name is :Citraman Ramakan(yes, the same guy i compared to "Mortaza" )? do you know any Bangladeshi by this name? why is the names forall the other countries is "Realistic" and yet Bangaldeshi names are just a ripoff from the Indian Calcutta....This is unjust!

there should be players with Bangladesh nationality with names like: Mizan, Miraz, Mehrab, Ashraful, Shahadat, Mithun Ali, Sajib you know common Bangladeshi names. our culture in this sense is distinct and unique from Pakistan and India you know...
Yea, I found that a bit weird, when I first saw it.... You could try emailing the owners of the site. I mean, I doubt they will change the current players names, but future ones could be fixed, if we all email i guess.
Old December 23, 2008, 08:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
like habibul bashar.
actually, i would rate Habibul Bahsar's captaincy using the criteria from FTP as "reliable"
Captaincy means:
1. correct field placement based on the bowls bowled regularly by the bowlers, i have seen in the world cup how this idea restricted run flows in the opposition and gave us very good wins
2. keeping your cool in the media(Bashar was a pro at that(Ashraful could learn a thing or two from the way Bashar handled media questions))
3. implementaing the correct strategy based on the correct situations.

he did make mistakes from time to time, but overall, throughout his career, he has been an impressive captain, leading an underdog inexperienced team into world cricket.

Ashraful: "reasonable" he is improving which is good to see.

this is how i would rate Bangladeshi captaincy...

i could open up a new thread rating all the Bangladeshi players using criteria FTP.

for example:

Rajin Saleh
Endurance: ordinary
Batting: ordinary
Technique: Accomplished
Fielding: Accomplished

now do you see why he is selected? and yet he fails to score many runs but survives...

Ashraful...hmmmm..Inconclusive! he is always an exception to the rule.
Old December 23, 2008, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
actually, i would rate Habibul Bahsar's captaincy using the criteria from FTP as "reliable"
Captaincy means:
1. correct field placement based on the bowls bowled regularly by the bowlers, i have seen in the world cup how this idea restricted run flows in the opposition and gave us very good wins
2. keeping your cool in the media(Bashar was a pro at that(Ashraful could learn a thing or two from the way Bashar handled media questions))
3. implementaing the correct strategy based on the correct situations.

he did make mistakes from time to time, but overall, throughout his career, he has been an impressive captain, leading an underdog inexperienced team into world cricket.

Ashraful: "reasonable" he is improving which is good to see.

this is how i would rate Bangladeshi captaincy...

i could open up a new thread rating all the Bangladeshi players using criteria FTP.

for example:

Rajin Saleh
Endurance: ordinary
Batting: ordinary
Technique: Accomplished
Fielding: Accomplished

now do you see why he is selected? and yet he fails to score many runs but survives...

Ashraful...hmmmm..Inconclusive! he is always an exception to the rule.
Id say his batting would be high, but technique would be dreadfull.

BTW, I just realised 4 of my main 6 bowlers are spinners.... Why have I been making green pitches then....
Old December 23, 2008, 09:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Id say his batting would be high, but technique would be dreadfull.

BTW, I just realised 4 of my main 6 bowlers are spinners.... Why have I been making green pitches then....
it is very hard to say...i understand where you are coming from!sometimes i notice Ashraful has wonderful technique but terrible batting...but other days he has terrible technique but good batting.

on his day however: 158* v. India, 87 vs. South Africa, 129* against Sri Lanka, he has both!

you see, look at it this way, it is your debut season , that's why i am overlooking my famous loss yesterday in last ball thriller.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
i love this game !

I emailed them i suggest everyone here do the same. Email them and tell them to change the name of the players to common bangladeshi names.
If not with the current players than the future players who come through should have bengali names.
Every1 mail them.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

We got indian players name one example my bowler "ganeshwaran". I think FTP didnt expect so many BD players joining.
But since the new increase in BD League if all of us email then am sure Admin would change it.
Theres more than 20 of us playing FTP at the moment. So that should be enough to grant a change.
Pakistani and indians players have huge difference in player names. We shouldve been give pakistani names than indians e.g mohammad.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

This might be the stupidest question, but how do you buy players!? Sorry for the dumb question, I just joined. Thanks
Old December 23, 2008, 10:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Oh ok I figured it out. Through transfer market I am guessing.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:35 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

yup thats the one. wish you all the luck.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuddus
This might be the stupidest question, but how do you buy players!? Sorry for the dumb question, I just joined. Thanks
HaHa..sorry
Just bid the highest for the player you want.
Just press on the players name you want and then a page will pop up with player stats,on the right hand side theres a yellowish box it tells you whos bidding for him if any.
Just hit the BiD button and walah bobs your uncle!
Keep a eye on the deadline time,log on 5mins before deadline time to BiD Incase someone else bids higher than you. You dnt wana be like akib who loses out everytime and gets out bidded lol
Old December 23, 2008, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

guys,let open a thread in the forum about changing the player names.If you want to do it,then let us know before you make it or else we'll have like 2 or 3 threads about the same thing.What do you say?
Old December 23, 2008, 10:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Haha thanks for the advise Gunda. Btw how do you know you bid for the same player I wanted? And second question is, how do you initially get revenues, only from matches?
Old December 23, 2008, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
guys,let open a thread in the forum about changing the player names.If you want to do it,then let us know before you make it or else we'll have like 2 or 3 threads about the same thing.What do you say?
SB you open one now in new players thread and we all will post in it expressing our support. Do it now i'l post right now. We seriously need this changing.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
SB you open one now in new players thread and we all will post in it expressing our support. Do it now i'l post right now. We seriously need this changing.
I think it should be in Bangladesh section.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuddus
Haha thanks for the advise Gunda. Btw how do you know you bid for the same player I wanted? And second question is, how do you initially get revenues, only from matches?
Kuddus it will tell you next to the players name if somebody else bidded e.g next to a player it will say my team name FRESHY BOYZ and the price e.g 10,000. Plus you get a mail everytime you get outbided.
Your revenue c0mes from sponsorship and gate takings ..
Sponsorship is 64,000 in bangladesh and gate takings depend on how much ppl came to see your match.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

It should be in the Bangladesh or suggestion secton.Which one should I do it in and Gunda,why don't you do it?I don't feel like opening a thread right now.
Old December 23, 2008, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I think it should be in Bangladesh section.
To be honest with you i think it would be better in suggestion thread than bangladesh.
But you decide it doesnt matter which section as long as everyone see's it and something gets done about it. Hurry up sB make one the sooner the better.
Old December 23, 2008, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

ok,I'm doing it.But I really don't feel like doing it right now.
Old December 23, 2008, 11:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ah thanks for the clarifications Gunda. But why does the transfer deadline keep on getting extended? OMG so annoying!
Old December 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
HaHa..sorry
Just bid the highest for the player you want.
Just press on the players name you want and then a page will pop up with player stats,on the right hand side theres a yellowish box it tells you whos bidding for him if any.
Just hit the BiD button and walah bobs your uncle!
Keep a eye on the deadline time,log on 5mins before deadline time to BiD Incase someone else bids higher than you. You dnt wana be like akib who loses out everytime and gets out bidded lol
You get a weekly sponsorship as well. It is around 60 000.

good luck on the bidding, and listen to Gunda.... sometimes u can get amazing players for 30 000, other times similar players go for 200 000... dunt let them get away (like me....)
Old December 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It should be in the Bangladesh or suggestion secton.Which one should I do it in and Gunda,why don't you do it?I don't feel like opening a thread right now.
SB i opened loads thread in FTP it would be better if one of you guys opened one. It would show that there is more intrest for bangladesh than just me. Cuz right now its only me who saying oh why aint there any good bangladeshi players In FTP.