facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2019, 12:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Tamim!

This is why I love Tamim.

Quote:
Bangladesh are not giving up their semi-final hopes just yet. That's what Tamim Iqbal has said, despite his team's chances of getting there coming down significantly following a 48-run loss to Australia. Having lost to England and New Zealand too, Bangladesh not only have to win their three remaining games but also hope other results go in their favour.

"I think we still have a chance," Tamim said, when asked if Bangladesh were now aiming to finish at No. 5, as the best of the rest. "I don't think any of my team-mates are thinking along those lines. We have a chance if we win three matches. If God forbid we don't have anything to play for, then we will think about No. 5."
Good. Clearly a winner's positive mindset.

Quote:
He felt the batsmen did their job in going past 300 for the third time in the competition, and that they could even have got to their target of 382 had he or Shakib Al Hasan stuck around until at least the 30th over, which could have left them a T20-style chase in the last 20.
THIS is why I love him. He and Shakib are the only ones who EXUDE this WDGAF mentality.

Quote:
"I am not too experienced in chasing a big score, so I stopped looking at the scoreboard. I was trying to be 180-200 at the 30-over mark. It would give us a chance in the last 20 overs chasing the remaining runs. We wouldn't have made 330-odd if we had gone hard early. I think Shakib and I got out at the wrong times."
Again fully agree!! Even if run chase is 400 you need to be firmly set and not play rash shots. My qualm was our low order, end over power hitting is ATROCIOUS.

Love this confident but not cocky, honest, and sane Tamim Iqbal for a change. As Denzel would say: Mah ----

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...et-tamim-iqbal

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; June 21, 2019 at 02:26 PM..
Old June 21, 2019, 12:48 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I respectfully disagree..tamim ate up balls. When chasing 380 you just can not be 50 of 75 balls. You dont need to go gung ho to have a good SR..shakib showed that..tamim needed to rotate the strike and atleast have a 90+ SR in his innings from start. Specially when the quick starter SS was out
Old June 21, 2019, 02:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I respectfully disagree..tamim ate up balls. When chasing 380 you just can not be 50 of 75 balls. You dont need to go gung ho to have a good SR..shakib showed that..tamim needed to rotate the strike and atleast have a 90+ SR in his innings from start. Specially when the quick starter SS was out
But Warner also took time to settle in no?

As Tamim said.... he plays more the role of a sheet anchor for bigger innings. And we all know he can launch. But very mature Tamim in my opinion. Sheer class.

Old June 21, 2019, 03:33 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
But Warner also took time to settle in no?

As Tamim said.... he plays more the role of a sheet anchor for bigger innings. And we all know he can launch. But very mature Tamim in my opinion. Sheer class.
warner did not have scoreboard pressure..his situation was different, its easier to accelerate late in the innings if you dont have a target. but if you are facing a stiff target to hit 2 fours every over it gets harder, you panic and get out. human physiology
Old June 21, 2019, 05:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
warner did not have scoreboard pressure..his situation was different, its easier to accelerate late in the innings if you dont have a target. but if you are facing a stiff target to hit 2 fours every over it gets harder, you panic and get out. human physiology
I agree.

Old June 21, 2019, 04:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
He said the plan was to play Starc and Cummins carefully, keep wickets in hand
Old June 21, 2019, 01:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

it was 50 of 65 deliveries, but he tried to change gear. Starc was smarter.
Old June 21, 2019, 02:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

After his 50 he was 12 off 8 balls, at a strike rate of 150
Old June 21, 2019, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I watched his whole interview. I had a different take on it, and not a positive one.

He basically said to the bowlers, "if you concede 350+, F off, we can't chase that". So next time another team puts 350+ against us, don't bother watching our batting response.

Last edited by Roey Haque; June 21, 2019 at 04:43 PM..
Old June 21, 2019, 08:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I wish we had a pitch where there was something for bowlers. Then we could see if he could score or perish like Bairstow.