facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2015, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Paap baap-ke-o chare na.... there will be no "new beginning"...

From now on every time he plays a stupid shot or he plays too slow or he plays too many risky shots... or he get run out ... or he gets his partner run out...or he takes quick single... or he miss to take a quick single.... or he drops a catch or he misfield.... he will be questioned...he will be second guessed.... he will be accused....and mostly he will be a distraction....there will be no way out of this.

Its easy to lose trust... but its not easy to regain back the trust.

That's the reality my friend... if you want him... there is a price to pay and you better be ready for it. Every action has its own consequences....specially when we are talking about this kind of "action"

Last edited by Fazal; April 13, 2015 at 02:11 PM..

Old April 18, 2015, 08:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

http://youtu.be/w1H0gCn_H6Y

Just for the record & reminder .. Good & Bad of Ashraful .. & Bangladesh Cricket
Old April 18, 2015, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

How is this thread still alive?
Old April 18, 2015, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
How is this thread still alive?
What are you talking about. Ash is the most legendary of them all. The extraordinary journey from hero to zero to hero back to zero...
Old April 18, 2015, 05:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

interesting to see Ash's opinion is still valued in the local media...here he is with Nannu pre-game discussion our famous game against England last month.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 13, 2016, 01:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

The Esh to hebby form e ache...por por duto artikel mere dilo Crick information ey

My books My video
Old August 13, 2016, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

I hear Ash is going to have some discussion with BCB in hope for a reduced ban on international matches.
Old August 14, 2016, 12:47 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
I hear Ash is going to have some discussion with BCB in hope for a reduced ban on international matches.
If BCB feels like they still need Ash given his domestic performance, they should consider reducing his ban. 2 years is too much. It should be one year at most which gives him time to play 2 BCL, 1 NCL and 1 DPL
Old August 14, 2016, 01:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

I'm just gonna leave this here

ODI's, 177, average 22

Tests, 61, averages 24

Why even talk about reduced international bans, his international career is already finished.
Old August 14, 2016, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
I'm just gonna leave this here

ODI's, 177, average 22

Tests, 61, averages 24

Why even talk about reduced international bans, his international career is already finished.
His career if revived will be much more consistent then last time.
Old August 14, 2016, 03:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Mohammad Rafique had a bowling average of 40 in a time period where pitches were decent for the bowlers. And we would call him a legend.

By all means, Ashraful was mediocre, probably still is but if he can perform in local competitions then I see why he shouldn't be back in our team given how we don't have a proper top order batsman barring Tamim.
Old August 14, 2016, 09:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Mohammad Rafique had a bowling average of 40 in a time period where pitches were decent for the bowlers. And we would call him a legend.

By all means, Ashraful was mediocre, probably still is but if he can perform in local competitions then I see why he shouldn't be back in our team given how we don't have a proper top order batsman barring Tamim.
Rafique and Co. were limelights in what was a dreadful side. They deserve to be called legends due to their service and spirited enough performances despite being in a dreadful team.

Ashraful isnt even mediocre, mediocrity demands at least a batting average of 25.

Bangladesh have (thankfully) left those times behind, going back to Ashraful will just be a step backwards into a time when scoring 200 was an achievement.
Old August 14, 2016, 10:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Just read a heading on cricinfo that he wants to play for another 10 years.

Question is if Bangladesh cricket would gamble with him for the umpteenth time?
Old August 14, 2016, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Rafique and Co. were limelights in what was a dreadful side. They deserve to be called legends due to their service and spirited enough performances despite being in a dreadful team.

Ashraful isnt even mediocre, mediocrity demands at least a batting average of 25.

Bangladesh have (thankfully) left those times behind, going back to Ashraful will just be a step backwards into a time when scoring 200 was an achievement.
When Ash began his international career, those stats weren't as bad given the performances of those around him. He was key to some of our most important victories like that against Australia, the 2007 CWC against SA and 2007 T20 WC against West Indies.

Those mentioned were important wins. Still mediocre. Rafique was a class above, but he didn't have great stats either TBH. That is why I don't want to talk regarding stats alone.

However, I do agree that we don't really need Ashraful right now. Unfortunately, we are still at a stage where we can easily say "NO" to someone like Ashraful. Surely, he will be able to perform better than Nasir or Nurul. That shows our poor condition more than anything else. We haven't produced a single world class batsman 16 years after receiving our test status.

Problem lies with domestics. In our domestics the pitches are poor, so is the outfield. There is hardly any variation in bowling - plethora of SLAs that are made to look good because 80% of the batsman are RHB, and some medium pace bowlers that appear in the beginning and only in the end of the innings, like that one guy in the hangover series. Habibul Bashar was a breath of fresh air, but otherwise, our products between the period of 1997-2005 were fairly mediocre. Infact, we still are mediocre in the FC/Test arena. And I don't need to explain why.
Old August 14, 2016, 11:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

^^Oh take a pill please. When Nasir started his career he was EXACTLY everything Ashraful was not. He was the very personification of CONSISTENCY, and no one had it more than he had it, longer than he had it in BANGLADESH cricket other than Shakib. Not the new Soumyas or Anamuls, not the got better after a lifetime Mushys or Riyads. Not the Tamims or Imruls. HE WAS THE ANTI-THESIS of Ashraful.
Old August 14, 2016, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBhai
^^Oh take a pill please. When Nasir started his career he was EXACTLY everything Ashraful was not. He was the very personification of CONSISTENCY, and no one had it more than he had it, longer than he had it in BANGLADESH cricket other than Shakib. Not the new Soumyas or Anamuls, not the got better after a lifetime Mushys or Riyads. Not the Tamims or Imruls. HE WAS THE ANTI-THESIS of Ashraful.
Yes, in 2012 and 2013, but since then he whithered off completely. Hasn't scored a half century in international cricket since 2014. Such consistency!

From being consistently good to consistently poor
Old August 14, 2016, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

This thread will never die ... He is back!!!!
Old August 14, 2016, 02:40 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Ashraful at 32 does not have many more good years left to offer our NT. I don't think the management and board have any plans to bring him back either.

Personally, I think that ship has sailed and should not be brought back.
Old August 14, 2016, 03:26 PM

Its not like the young guns are really establishing themselves in the team. Its the seniors like Tamim, Mushy, Riyad. Imrul that are scoring the runs. Soumya, Anamul, Liton aren't doing much justice even though they have the luxary that Ash never had. They never had the pressure of being the main scorer which ash was for our team for majority of his career.

Ash will be back... Faster then some of you might think and better then some of you might imagine. Ash might struggle to crack it to the ODI squad which only needs a stable opener with Tamim in terms of batting. But our test and T20 lineup has lots of gaps and Ash should be able to perform his way back to these two lineups
Old August 14, 2016, 03:53 PM
BC Editorial Team

If Ash lights up the domestics for a few years, who knows. Otherwise he is a non-story.
Old August 14, 2016, 04:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Ash will be back... Faster then some of you might think and better then some of you might imagine. Ash might struggle to crack it to the ODI squad which only needs a stable opener with Tamim in terms of batting. But our test and T20 lineup has lots of gaps and Ash should be able to perform his way back to these two lineups
Think how explosive we could be just by top five.

Tamim
Soumya
Shabbir
Ash
Nasir

And this leaves out Mushy, Riyad, Shak... just imagine those five firing in all cylinders. I am scared now.

My books My video
Old August 14, 2016, 05:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
If Ash lights up the domestics for a few years, who knows. Otherwise he is a non-story.
His domestic form is irrelevant at this stage,

He's had 150 games of mediocrity at the top level, and to top it off despite getting fanatical support (still does bafflingly) he sold em all down the river as he was greedy.

People asking for his return are clearly suffering from a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Seriously, we all know he had some fantastic innings.

Now think, just how dreadful a batsman would he have had to be 29/30 innings to average sub 25 even with those innings
Old August 14, 2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Think how explosive we could be just by top five.

Tamim
Soumya
Shabbir
Ash
Nasir

And this leaves out Mushy, Riyad, Shak... just imagine those five firing in all cylinders. I am scared now.
Think about the T20 lineup,

Tamim
Ash
Shabbir
Shakib
Anamul
Riyad

Ahh one can dream
Old August 15, 2016, 01:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Unless ashraful has found some new found maturity where he can curb his idiocy I don't see him making much of an impact, there are a lot of talented young batsmen vying for a national squad spot and the level of consistency required nowadays just to be considered is much higher than ashraful is used to.

Add the fact that the average cricketer is pretty lucky to still be playing at the highest level after the age of 35 (I don't care how long ash says he wants to play, and I don't care how old misbah is - misbah is an outlier) I don't see ash getting many opportunities because it's pretty logical to pick the youngster who is just as talented and who is just as if not more consistent over the old horse.

Ashraful may make it back, but I very much doubt it will be solely because he's that good, if it happens it's because he's ash and the selectors just can't help but pick him because they're stuck in the past.
Old August 15, 2016, 02:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Ash will lead us to our maiden World Cup glory