facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2003, 05:58 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Squad for 2nd Warmup AND Canada

Although it is difficult to not dwell upon the failure thus far, I initiate this thread in the spirit of discarding my frustrations and looking forward.

What do people think should be the squad for the 2nd warmup match and for the Canada match? Here is my selection (for both matches):

Al Sahariar
Mohammad Ashraful
Sanwar Hossain
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Khaled Mahmud (or perhaps Tushar Imran)
Mohammad Rafique
Khaled Masud
Mashrafe Mortaza
Manjural Islam
Talha Jubair (or perhaps Tapash Baisya)

A few related thoughts:

--Hannan Sarkar and Ehsanul Haque should probably be sidelined for this worldcup. They have never really been successful in international cricket (although I realize they have had limited international experience). The same is probably true, although less so, about Tushar Imran.

--The team should settle on a fixed group of 11 or 12 players (as listed above). I get the feeling that the constant churn in the playing 11 distracts the players from playing as a TEAM with a mission. In other words, we should field the same team for both the 2nd warmup and the Cananda match. We probably should have done the same for the 1st warmup.

Those are my thoughts for the time being. I would be interested to see others' choices for the playing 11.

Old February 3, 2003, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Default no idea

after making a career out of naming playing elevens, i am going to quit for now because i have no idea. if the team for the first warm up was to give everyone exposure as someone suggested, than maybe the next warmup will be for exposure. or maybe it will be the fixed eleven you are looking for. your guess is as good as mine.
Old February 3, 2003, 09:36 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Didn\'t you notice?

Didn't you notice? Rokon has sworn not to open. He will be batting at number four or three - whichever.
Old February 4, 2003, 03:46 AM
Club Cricketer

Did he actually say this or are you simply venting your frustration with his wreckless strokeplay in the first warmup?
Old February 4, 2003, 03:55 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I am angry at Rokon for being so selfish. (No he didn't say anything - I am only guessing it i.e., putting words on his empty mouth).