facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 2, 2003, 08:43 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Onyodin - Star profile

Onyodin - a bengali magazine (not a sports mag), has come out with a star profile in its World Cup Album 1 (Jan 16 - 31).

I also read Krirajagat (a sports mag) coming out on Feb 1, which is not bad, but too informative and not much effort in there (cost me 50 Taka - and also it was a very thick magazine too). And it was not a world cup album or something.

Also, Kriralok has not come out yet, and not much article on the world cup.

Compared to all of them, Onyodin seem to be the best to me. All of them has an article on Javed Omar, and usual staffs. There were usual mistakes by Onyodin on Star profile - like printing Tushar's pic in place of Hannan, Hannan's pic in place of Kapali, and Tareq Aziz Khan's pic in place of Tushar Imran's.

But the reason for mentioning about it in this board are these:

1) All members of the world cup team has said the following things (which may not be entirely accurate - but some of them could be based on the real thing) -
Full name, Father's name, Birthdate and place, Present Address, Permanent address, how many brothers & sisters, Educational life, First learned about cricket from where, first competitive cricket, 1st division/premier cricket, First chance for national team, ODI debut, test debut, Best bowling, batting, and most important: Idol player (Adorsho player) ,Favorite star player (Prio Taroka), World Cup Hope (Protyasha), Favorable champion in your eyes.

If any of you would like to know about any of these things of any player, then post messege here. If there was a site of Onyodin, then I could have posted the web address, but couldn't find any.

2) Interview with SM Faruque
3) Interview with Mohsin Kamal

4) Namibia trip will help the team like a vitamin (according to Pilot) - note that this is not an article printed after and with the info with the Namibia tour

5) Atahar Ali Khan and Faruque Ahmed's views on World Cup team

6) What former players think of the world cup (Krirajagat had the same thing but Onyodin has a few more additional former players' views (Former player includes Jahangir Shah Badshah, Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu, Tanveer Haider, Dipu Ray Chowdhury, Golam Faruque Suru, Asaduzzaman Misha, Gullu, Bulbul, Akram.

7) A 1 page article on the 4 players who are going to world cup 2nd time

That's it - there are other things featured, but I don't think they are important as we could always take a look at the last world cup's match reports and scorecards from internet - so didn't think it necessary to include them here.

Old February 2, 2003, 09:01 AM
First BC Member

Default Some interesting highlights

These are the things that I didn't know before:

1) As time passed by, the relationship between Mohsin Kamal and reporters have turned out good

2) Faruque Ahmed said some things - that surprises me - he has a really good cricketing brain. Compared to that, Atahar Ali seems to be a nobody. Like for example, Faruk Ahmed said that he disagreed with the selectors that the present team should be inclusive of present best players, not players who will do good in the next world cup in 2007, because in order to prove Bangladesh's ability, the present world cup is important. So, what we will do after 4 years - it should not have been thought, they should have thought of what we are going to do today - that should be given more importance.

3) Only Tanvir Haider has said in favor of Bulbul and Akram and it seemed to be too "political" to me. Anyway, that is not the main thing that I have discovered.

4) The main thing that i have discovered is that most of the players in the team - they think each other as their favorite stars (Prio Taroka). Hannan's fav is Rokon, Sujon's fav is Kapali, Talha, Ashraful, Mashrafee, Tushar, Tapash, Rokon's fav in BD is Sujon, Kapali, Sumon, Talha's fav is Rokon, Kapali, Mashrafee, Ashraful, Sujon, Sumon, Ashraful's fav is Rokon (and others - Warne, Tendulkar), Kapali's fav is Rokon, Pilot, Sujon, Talha, Ashraful, Sumon, Monju, Tapash, Sanwar, Tushar.

5) - Monju's fav is oldies Nannu, Bulbul, Akram, Moni and Pilot's Ideal player (Adorsho player) is Nannu. Ashraful's adorsho player is Bulbul, Tushar's adorsho player is nannu (and Mark Waugh).

If this trend can be continued, then it will be really great; there will be players coming out one day whose ideal player and favorite star player will be only a Bangladeshi player - not from outside the country.
Old February 2, 2003, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Unless they were asked to name their favorite BD star.
Old February 2, 2003, 12:15 PM
First BC Member

(I know you are just kidding here) But if you had read all of the star profiles, then you'd see that most of the older players (in this full of young side) have said that their both idol and favorite star players are international players - who are not Bangladeshis, and the younger players have said that several or most of their favorite star players are among Bangladesh - what's more inside the present Bangladesh team. I only want to say that the team spirit is great among these guys.

Also, these particular players have other favorite star players, in most cases I didn't put their other favorite star players (who are foreigners).
Old February 2, 2003, 01:15 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Do they have online edition ?

Do they have online edition and if not, is there anyway they would allow me to post those info in this site.
Old February 2, 2003, 10:24 PM
First BC Member

Default I was also thinking in the same line

You could send email to them, though they don't have an internet address, they have an email address.

The phone/email is:

Email: anyadin@bangla.net
Fax: 88 02 966 4681
Phone: 966 4260, 966 4680, 862 3244
Prokashito from: editor kortrik 69/F Greenroad, Dhaka
Mudrito from: Color line printers, 69/F Greenroad, Dhaka.

Anyadin (fortnightly) vol 8, No 01, 16 - Jan 2003, Regd. no. Da 1719, Dhaka Bangladesh.

Main editor name: S. M. Mijanur Rahman

Editor name: Mazharul Islam

Nirbahi Editor (Editor meaning Sompadok - right?): Abdullah Naser

By the way, It is also found in India -

The Only Poribeshok in India:

Rupshi bangla
261, A. P.C. Road,
Calcutta - 700006, India.
Phone: 3515515, 3600309, 2416258
Email: itbpc@gems.vsnl.net.in