facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6, 2006, 12:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default BD Vs. Aus: Series of Upset?

When I look at our batsmen and the way they played and got out in the last 2 years, I see them playing very good and getting out to themselves most of the times. Espacially the likes of Shumon, Ash, Kapali & Saleh. Each of our batsmen up to # 8 has proven they have the ability to score 50+ and at least 3/4 players are capable of scoring 100+ in test matches.

So if they can keep thier cool (Which I think they will be able to do based on improvement over last 2 years), and counting on the fact that they will be extra-careful because of the strength of the opponents, I really do not see any reason for them not to score 400+ in the first innings. I am counting on more-or-less batting friendly wicket which is traditional in this part of the world.

On the other hand, our bowlers have always been good performers. Whenever the opposition went beyond our reach in batting, it was mostly due to poor fielding and dropped catches. So if the boys can support the bowlers in the field, I see every possibility that AU will be scoring at less than 3 runs per over in thier first innings. This will set a panic in thier camp and as they try to accelerate, they will also give away wickets. So a first innings lead by BD is entirely possible.

The second innings is our weakest part both batting and bowling-wise, we will need a small miracle to have out batsmen in sound pscyche to bat the second innings. Despite the past record, I still believe they are capable of scoring 250 + in the second innings against AU. If that is possible and we get a 300+ lead against AU, there is every possibility of a test Victory even against the Mighty Australians. Remember, they will be in more pressure than us, espacially after Cardiff. The slightest advantage BD can get over them in any innigs will put them into pressure and we have all seen recently how AU performs under pressure.

If AU bats first, we still can get a first innings lead, but the problem with our batsmen is, chasing a first innings target of 400 odd against AU, it seems they become satisfied once they get to a score of 120/3 odd .... and they feel than getting 300 odd in thei first innings is OK for them. If they can go past this mentality and put higher value on thier wickets, they are capable of putting AU under pressure and effect a test draw or who knows. . even a victory.

FYI: Ami Gaja Khai nah .... aar maal kheye taal o hoini ....